Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

GA boards have a weird behavior after FS drivers are added to bios where it will display all partitions as a bootable install, so if you happen to have many drives you could end up with over 20 different sections to boot from that are not actually meant to be booted.

If DisableBootEntriesFilter NEEDS to be enabled, change second line bellow and set to true, then add both line in Defaults.plist

DisableBootEntriesFilter

HBP, try disabling the boot entry filter if you decide to try 1479 again.

pmcnano, try my Fakesmc.kext. I have the same board and no problems with the sensor kexts that I'm using. My kexts are kept in Oz directory and I have only voodooHDA in bios.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b3jxvp9x8pbbc7t/FakeSMC.kext.zip

I will try to make a new bios with your fakesmc. However let's see if it works, I want them loaded from bios, you are using them from efi partition .

Why do you use voodoo? :P

Interesting bug in 1479 on computers with more than one hard drive: Sometimes Ozmosis decides to chose a random hard drive and create an Oz folder on it, while completely ignoring the previous Oz folder on system hard drive. It just happens once in a while in a random order.

Also, Oz doesn't always load his VoodooHDA.ffs, especially on 10.8.5 for some reason. Rebuilding caches doesn't help, it just suddenly stops working at certain point.

Interesting bug in 1479 on computers with more than one hard drive: Sometimes Ozmosis decides to chose a random hard drive and create an Oz folder on it, while completely ignoring the previous Oz folder on system hard drive. It just happens once in a while in a random order.

Also, Oz doesn't always load his VoodooHDA.ffs, especially on 10.8.5 for some reason. Rebuilding caches doesn't help, it just suddenly stops working at certain point.

That sounds like the BIOS is changing the drive order it sees on different boots, Oz will use the first drive as it appears listed in the BIOS with a Fat32 partition on it for its files, if this stays the same all the time that will be the drive used.

Can anyone try this patched DSDT for Z97X-UD5H bios: F8, because it will be more helpful to make a patch for other Mobo's!

- I've fixed Warnings, Errors and some Remarks

- I've renamed Device GLAN into GIGE

- I've added DSM Method for Devices: GIGE, HDEF, "EHC1, EHC2, XHC1, SAT0 and SAT1" for 9 Series Chipset.

If works then good!

Here's:

Z97X-UD5H_F8-DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 2

If the drive order is not changed this is only a problem if PartitionDXE is not used in firmware.

well i guess OzmosisBlackTheme overrides this issue as it did with me , 

frequently pressing Home button  and it is set no matter how many time you reboot or shutdown your hack !

I'll try it tonight (although I'm using bios f9e I'll merge the changes)

Thank you

Now i'm working about to create an patch for this GIGABYTE 9 series chipset, but there's no Graphics Patch inside! Hope if this work, but i'm 75% for this can be :D.

The dsdt you attached has errors, it can't be compiled.

Which iasl compiler do you use, i'm using MacIASL, with ACPI 5 piked. If with MacIASL you use ACPI 4, with this DSDT you will have 23 Syntax Error. Try it with ACPI 5 or 5.1, because you use Z97 chipset that was maked with ACPI 5.

For everyone that want to do some fix for he's DSDT or whatever he need, please check which ACPI version you use. ACPI 4= Z77, ACPI 5= Z87, ACPI 5 or 5.1= Z97.

Back on Clover again here. Waiting for a proper version of OZ. Clover  :wub:

Gonna wait to the mem issue is fixed. Because Oz is so fast and working great.

Also noticed that i cant boot my system or go into bios after 2 or 3 reboots.

Get stuck on the AMI BIOS Logo.

i was in that experience too.

so, I solved clearing Cmos and disconecting HD . then turn on the system without Hard Drive and try to active hot plug. turn off and connect HD  (if stuck again disconnect it, restart again and connect it with bios setup active and then restart with it.

is a little weir but i solve in that way and you can try to boot from USB installer and conect HD with Bios setup screen. then boot from USB HD and erase disk to solve the problem.

Now i'm working about to create an patch for this GIGABYTE 9 series chipset, but there's no Graphics Patch inside! Hope if this work, but i'm 75% for this can be :D.

Can you post your Series 9 patch?

I got windows 8.1 installed on a secondary WD HD and SSD for Yosemite, but when i press option while boot it appear Yosemite HD installation and HD recovery, but windows does not appear.

how can I do for this?, so its no an obligation but in case I would needed.

Can you post your Series 9 patch?

In work, it will take more time! And the problem with this chipset, in DSDT there's too many Scopes that are to complet Devices Args. And Apple wasn't released yet a EFI update to know something about this chipset, or maybe someone who have this new iMac can dump a IOREG and ACPI, but we still want to know which ACPI (5.0 or 5.1) it was based. For the moment the patch wasn't released, so we have to work for it, but there will be some failure before it to work.

Edited by ammoune78

I got windows 8.1 installed on a secondary WD HD and SSD for Yosemite, but when i press option while boot it appear Yosemite HD installation and HD recovery, but windows does not appear.

how can I do for this?, so its no an obligation but in case I would needed.

Make sure your windows HD is gpt formatted with uefi installation of windows , or enable uefi and legacy boot from bios (uefi)

GA boards have a weird behavior after FS drivers are added to bios where it will display all partitions as a bootable install, so if you happen to have many drives you could end up with over 20 different sections to boot from that are not actually meant to be booted.

If DisableBootEntriesFilter NEEDS to be enabled, change second line bellow and set to true, then add both line in Defaults.plist

<key>DisableBootEntriesFilter</key>

<false/>

Joe, even with Disable boot Entries filter I can't get 1479 to show any of my devices, let alone access my system if I swap a hot swap drive into the SATA Bay that I have (yes SATA not USB3) it just causes the UEFI to lockup solid until I remove it. 

Before you ask no it has no logic, it's just a hot plug case to allow swapping drives quickly.

so I stay with the Version I know works and when people ask my opinion I recommend 894m because it has been STABLE, boots most of the OS X versions people want to run, and does not have issues pertaining to not booting every 3-4 boots.

HBP