Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

JorgeMax, I'm no good with dsdt's and i would break it for sure! :P

Im sure someone else will be able to check it and give a good edit. I have noticed that with the exception of DiscoDancer that most of the guys with B series boards have had problems with editing their firmware or needing addition fixes so a good dsdt could help a lot. 

• Like 1

I was relying a lot on the backup bios though, wonder why it didn't work this time.

It's generally a good idea not to rely on those. My Z68 was supposed to have some kind of crash-free bios system but I bricked it with an over-zealous DSDT edit and couldn't recover.

I bought a usb eeprom programmer from ebay so I always have a way to recover my BIOS in case of a future bad flash. It's a wise investment.

As for trying to free up space, I guess I'm lucky as my Asus bios files tend to have plenty of free space. If you're using FredWst's script to generate ffs files from kexts check those kexts first and see if they contain 32-bit code. If you're running 10.8 or higher you won't be able to use it and it doubles the size of the kext. So strip the 32-bit code out and build your ffs file from the new 64-bit only kext.

Ok!

I've maked patched DSDT for B75M-D3H.F15, it contain:

1- PJALM patch from this repository because it's updated: http://maciasl.sourceforge.net/pjalm/repos/gigabyte, you can use it with MacIASL.

2- PJALM Graphics patch's for IGPU, HD2500, you can change it with proper one for your CPU and Discrete Graphics also.

3- Mini-DTGP method, same one from QUO Board.

4- DARWIN for OS.

5- Device PNLF and PJALM MEI for Ivy-Bridge

Here it is:

1- B75M-D3H_F15-DSDT.aml.zip

2- B75M-D3H.txt

3- 7 Series Graphics Patch.txt

4- MEI Ivy & IGPU's.txt

• Like 1

I still have a strange problem - after clearing nvram (command+alt+p+r) the boot entry for Yosemite is gone and I have to add it manually through shell.

I also have recovery and Yosemite installation partitions which the boot entries for them are intact.

Anyone have a hint for me? I'm pretty sure it hasn't been that always for me but no clue what changed.

this is bless info for my system

looks fine

finderinfo[0]:      2 => Blessed System Folder is /
finderinfo[1]: 399949 => Blessed System File is /System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi
finderinfo[2]:      0 => Open-folder linked list empty
finderinfo[3]:      0 => No alternate OS blessed file/folder
finderinfo[4]:      0 => Unused field unset
finderinfo[5]:      2 => OS X blessed folder is /
64-bit VSDB volume id:  0x244F1F69DDDF6345
Anyone?

one more question 

I would like to use rEFInd with ozmosis

but when I try to load OS X 

i'm getting an error "This version of OS X is not supported on this platform!"

reason:Z97X-UD5H

why aren't my SMBIOS values from defaults.plist being used?

Because it is reading that from the DMI data contained in the BIOS give the below a try.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/297324-bootcamp-on-hackintosh/

Since switching the X79 from Clover to Ozmosis I've had a handful of failed shutdowns (cpu etc stays running). I used to get this when I moved from Chameleon to Clover but it was fixed eventually.

Gonna fish out the old OpenHaltRestart kext and add it to the bios later and see if it helps. Because it's intermittent it's difficult to test. Could be days before it happens again.

Why are you reposting my patches when I specifically say not too?

PJALM! The answer to your question is simple, so far I have not seen a post that indicate: Don't post my patches. 
But I also have my question! 
Why when I asked a patch for the DSDT of my Z87X-UD4H in the tonymacx86 website, you didn't answer me and your repository contained no patch for the Z87X-UD4H. 
Back at InsanelyMac, I've posted a patch for the Z87X-UD4H that I got from another source, but after few days, I see the patch in your repository.

Now! I begin to understand that this is only a trade, the world wants to end action: I give you without hoped the return (all about money)

But excuse me if i don't see the: i specifically say not too!
And now i've deleted my account from your website, if it can satisfy you!
Cordially ^_^  !!!

Since switching the X79 from Clover to Ozmosis I've had a handful of failed shutdowns (cpu etc stays running). I used to get this when I moved from Chameleon to Clover but it was fixed eventually.

Gonna fish out the old OpenHaltRestart kext and add it to the bios later and see if it helps. Because it's intermittent it's difficult to test. Could be days before it happens again.

Hi Riley! I had the same issue with my last Z87X-UD4H, and i can guarantee that it was DSDT related. I steel don't now where the problem come from, but of course, as i  sometimes change my DSDT patch to get an stable one, the CPU Stop running when i Shut Down my machine from Apple menu.

As yesterday, surfing in the net, i've putted my hands on a patch for ASUS RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION, that fix all warnings and change some devices name like a real MacPro 6,1, the patch is from Shilohh. And in addition to that, the audio can work just fine with the patched ALC1150 HDA for this board!

You can see the link that i've posted in the next post, there is more board patchs, maybe you can know something that can help you to fix the problem!  

Edited by ammoune78
  • Like 1

Returned to restart from scratch when I plug a USB device: Pendrive, etc. external hd 

Already redid the cache back to normal, but with a certain time returns the restart. 
I do not know what else to do.

Following picture of the error:

post-1145065-0-30923300-1413580614_thumb.png

I already removed the DSDT and SSDT also, always the same error.

Returned to restart from scratch when I plug a USB device: Pendrive, etc. external hd

Already redid the cache back to normal, but with a certain time returns the restart.

I do not know what else to do.

Following picture of the error:

attachicon.gifnull

I already removed the DSDT and SSDT also, always the same error.

Try removing -xcpm from boot arg.

Hi Riley! I had the same issue with my last Z87X-UD4H, and i can guarantee that it was DSDT related. I steel don't now where the problem come from, but of course, as i  sometimes change my DSDT patch to get an stable one, the CPU Stop running when i Shut Down my machine from Apple menu.

As yesterday, surfing in the net, i've putted my hands on a patch for ASUS RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION, that fix all warnings and change some devices name like a real MacPro 6,1, the patch is from Shilohh. And in addition to that, the audio can work just fine with the patched ALC1150 HDA for this board!

You can see the link that i've posted in the next post, there is more board patchs, maybe you can know something that can help you to fix the problem!  

I've largely been using the same DSDT patches with Ozmosis. With Clover the issue was fixed at some stage by the Clover devs (I didn't make any changes to my DSDT) so while I can't rule out a fix in DSDT I've reverted to Clover for the time being. I'm not entirely happy with my edited DSDT anyway as it blue-screens a Windows boot with the ACPI compliance message despite making all my edits conditional (as on my Z68 where dual-boot works fine). I don't plan to dual-boot Windows on the X79 but knowing it's not working 100% bugs me.

OpenHaltRestart actually made it worse in that shutdown hung both times I tried.

I am not part of TMX nor would I go there to answer anyone. This so called patch you claim I recently added is false as i have not done any work to my repos in over 4 months due to chemo and other medical related issues. That patch has been in my repo a very long time I guess you just looked in wrong place as that one you got from some 'other' source was just my patch redistributed. How do you figure I make money from any of this stuff? It cost me to keep the site up and the repos. I have no adds anywhere or even take donations nor have I ever. I don't know where you are getting all this false information from, maybe your maaking it up know knows, but its false non the less. Just to let you know, none of my work is licenced under any sort of GPL, never has been nor ever will be. I share my work with anyone who wants it I just ask that they don't redistribute it without permission, is that too much to ask for?

The other source is Toleda cleaning Patch for 8 series motherboard, and i have added into it some Kind of Fixes, and it's not wrong. 

Unfortunately i've deleted my account from your website, because i've seen in a post where you have mentioned to use patches from the sourceforge because they are updated.

- But what interret I put the link to your repository, to provide the patches from the distributor (YOU) and not my name.

- And what interret I placed the patches, because THe KiNG had told me that, with every post where i make a change to a DSDT or something i should explain: From where, why and how

But for me, all of this BLABLA is useless, because everything going with intent. 
If my intention was bad, others can know it, and due to blabla, some friends send me messages to rebuild their bios or DSDT, while it should go clearly in the topic so everyone can participate and understand. 

Yet, the stone age is finished, but i still see it everyday in my life. 

I like to told me here's fault, but I don't like to lug me around something trivial. 

In life, there's no better than live sincerely. 
In our country there is a proverb that says: He hit me and he cry, he beat me and he went to complain.

I've largely been using the same DSDT patches with Ozmosis. With Clover the issue was fixed at some stage by the Clover devs (I didn't make any changes to my DSDT) so while I can't rule out a fix in DSDT I've reverted to Clover for the time being. I'm not entirely happy with my edited DSDT anyway as it blue-screens a Windows boot with the ACPI compliance message despite making all my edits conditional (as on my Z68 where dual-boot works fine). I don't plan to dual-boot Windows on the X79 but knowing it's not working 100% bugs me.

OpenHaltRestart actually made it worse in that shutdown hung both times I tried.

Can you see this patch, if some kind of fixes can be done for your board? I've already tried it in P9X79-PRO BIOS V: 4701, with ACPI 4.0 there's No error, warnings or remarks. You can test it, But i think the problem is inside Device (SBRG) or maybe not!

P9X79-PRO.txt

I just noticed that LCP Sensors (which is loaded into my bios) is not working with this board Z97MX-Gaming5. I can see it loading on DMESG but it doesnt show any values, could it be I need to use most updated fakesmc + sensors? (Im using the one's that came with Ozmosis 1479)

02:911 00:002 Found Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0: Fri Sep 19 00:26:44 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2782.1.97~2/RELEASE_X86_64 0xBCA9C000 Kernelcache
02:911 00:000 Injected Call __ZN12KLDBootstrap20readBooterExtensionsEv Into __ZN12KLDBootstrap23readPrelinkedExtensionsEP10section_64
02:913 00:001 Injecting FakeSMC (DADE1001-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275) "Driver-2FA5A14" 154132 bytes
02:913 00:000 Injecting CPUSensors (DADE1006-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275) "Driver-2FB2C08" 52232 bytes
02:915 00:001 Injecting O Family (DADE1007-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275) "Driver-2FCFB94" 117652 bytes
02:917 00:002 Injecting GPUSensors (DADE1008-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275) "Driver-2FFC4A8" 181416 bytes
02:917 00:000 RSDP 0xDE5B1000 r2  0x0024 0xC1 "ALASKA" 0x13 0xDE5B1028 0x00000000DE5B1080

Any clues?

been trying to reach hermitcrab labs for some time to see what their board says but the site onion is down... @ Pmcnano my guess is that the injection driver is not injecting correctly. it's like the portion that is s'posed to scan for blessed boot drives and populate the boot menu, in 1479, unless you got lucky, you have a 50/50 chance to have to populate the menu yourself and if you use a FUSION drive that went to 100%.  I stepped back to 894m for stability reasons, yes there is allot of new bells and whistles in 1479, but it just doesn't feel mature and I can't get it to boot my board reliably which is a must since I use my system for production.

just my 2 cents.

If anyone has heard from the labs, let them know we ate very thankful of their AWESOME work and that I hope they come back soon.

HBP