Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

I checked friend. In the file you posted. The problem is that I've tried to modify my bios to Ozmosis, but without success. 

A forum member here did for me with the previous version of Ozmosis (894). Only the "framebuffer" was not right for my video card, getting "black" screen, but with signal.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2j6624jyybl24h5/Jorge.zip

That has everything needed and fakesmc, no voodoo since its not for your codec yet. it has stock defaults which would be MP3,1. Remember you can add whatever you want in Oz folder on ESP.

O got the same question.

Oz uses Hot Keys just like Macs for basic args. Check the ReadMe at http://www.projectos...076

Any custom options are going to need to be in Defaults.plist, or entered by nvram tool. (some boot args depending on what you need can be in boot.plist)

• Like 1

@joe75 is best to NOT post pre-made  Defaults, because n00bs will take them and use as is, then wonder why is not working,

The King, sometimes reading other peoples stuff yes you can either make mistakes but you also can learn things by trial and error.

Like unix way there is man pages but with osmosis i don't think there is so I would think everyone would be in the same boat in terms of testing and failing until they get any outcome of success.

I remember back in the days when I was first getting into mac and hackingtosh world I would read and copy and paste most of the time until over time I eventually read between the lines of how to get majority of things to work.

• Like 2

The King, sometimes reading other peoples stuff yes you can either make mistakes but you also can learn things by trial and error.

Like unix way there is man pages but with osmosis i don't think there is so I would think everyone would be in the same boat in terms of testing and failing until they get any outcome of success.

I remember back in the days when I was first getting into mac and hackingtosh world I would read and copy and paste most of the time until over time I eventually read between the lines of how to get majority of things to work.

For that there is RTFM.

Why you think there are examples on the Ozmosis changes?

Did you read those before posting?

• Like 1

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2j6624jyybl24h5/Jorge.zip

That has everything needed and fakesmc, no voodoo since its not for your codec yet. it has stock defaults which would be MP3,1. Remember you can add whatever you want in Oz folder on ESP.

Friend. Did not work here. The Bios installed, but when restarted, my plate was giving 3 beeps and restarted, 3 beeps again and restarted. I had to make a "recovery" of the Bios since my motherboard is DualBIOS. 

You added what in the BIOS? 

Thanks for the help.

@joe75 is best to NOT post pre-made  Defaults, because n00bs will take them and use as is, then wonder why is not working,

6,1Defaults.plist gives me two errors with PlistEdit Pro:

line 42 -> EnclosureType has to be a integer, say 7

line 60 -> </false> has to be <false/>

Maybe that's the reason for the problems some user reported? 

Jorge, check the .rpt i included. i added fs drivers (enhanced fat, hfsplus and partitiondxe), oz, oz defaults, smcemulator and theme.

6,1Defaults.plist gives me two errors with PlistEdit Pro:

line 42 -> EnclosureType has to be a integer, say 7

line 60 -> has to be

Maybe that's the reason for the problems some user reported? 

The defaults I linked are what I'm using, it is up to the user to change as needed.

Jorge, check the .rpt i included. i added fs drivers (enhanced fat, hfsplus and partitiondxe), oz, oz defaults, smcemulator and theme.

Friend and this extension "rpt" is opened with what program? 

Not be the "Theme" which gave error on my system? 

Thanks.

Well tried it on my machine z87x-ud3h I can only get it to boot in safe mode using shift key at f12 load screen if I let it boot normally it hangs at the bluetooth so it is not detecting the hd4600. I see you can use the below to tell it what platform to load. So my question is what is the correct platform to use and where in the EFI partition do you put the Defaults.plist. I also see from earlier in this thread  /EFI/Efi/Quo/Acpi/Load is used to load dsdt, ssdt so I am thinking /EFI/Efi/Quo/Defaults.plist is the place, that directory did not seem to be created on either of the two drives containing os x in the system did not check the win7/Ubuntu efi partition on that drive dedicated to them as it is not named EFI so doubt it would be there.

Edit should add the new version 14?? whatever it is being used.

<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<integer>0x0166000A</integer>

Well tried it on my machine z87x-ud3h I can only get it to boot in safe mode using shift key at f12 load screen if I let it boot normally it hangs at the bluetooth so it is not detecting the hd4600. I see you can use the below to tell it what platform to load. So my question is what is the correct platform to use and where in the EFI partition do you put the Defaults.plist. I also see from earlier in this thread  /EFI/Efi/Quo/Acpi/Load is used to load dsdt, ssdt so I am thinking /EFI/Efi/Quo/Defaults.plist is the place, that directory did not seem to be created on either of the two drives containing os x in the system did not check the win7/Ubuntu efi partition on that drive dedicated to them as it is not named EFI so doubt it would be there.

Edit should add the new version 14?? whatever it is being used.

<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<integer>0x0166000A</integer>

Hi,

You must mount efi partition, and if it's first time you put defaults.plist, you will need to clear nvram (cmd + alt + p + r) on reboot, and defaults will be used instead of bios one.

Fred

• Like 1

Hi,

You must mount efi partition, and if it's first time you put defaults.plist, you will need to clear nvram (cmd + alt + p + r) on reboot, and defaults will be used instead of bios one.

Fred

Did the reset no go /EFI/Efi/Quo/Defaults.plist is the location I have it in still defaults to 0D 22 00 03 for it according to DCPI Manager for the log viewing I have 0x0c260000 in the .plist.

This latest Ozmosis update is fantastic!

Use the root Oz directory as joe75 posted here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/?p=2060323

Of course why leave it the same can't mess up working installs that way... Well off to flash it again so I can mount the partition for the new structure then flash the OZ to see if it will work.

Edit and no it does not even if I have the wrong platform in it I should still get a iMac14,2 instead of MP3,1.

Of course why leave it the same can't mess up working installs that way... Well off to flash it again so I can mount the partition for the new structure then flash the OZ to see if it will work.

Edit and no it does not even if I have the wrong platform in it I should still get a iMac14,2 instead of MP3,1.

Yeah, it threw me too until I read joe75's post.

So just to confirm, when resetting your nvram using cmd-alt-p-r, as FredWst described, you saw the screen flash different colours?

if yes, then Oz should use the /EFI/EFI/Oz/Defaults.plist. You can check this defaults.plist is being read and used by entering Hermitshell from BIOS boot menu and typing bdmesg. Use the -b option to pause the output a page at a time.

• Like 1

Yeah, it threw me too until I read joe75's post.

So just to confirm, when resetting your nvram using cmd-alt-p-r, as FredWst described, you saw the screen flash different colours?

if yes, then Oz should use the /EFI/EFI/Oz/Defaults.plist. You can check this defaults.plist is being read and used by entering Hermitshell from BIOS boot menu and typing bdmesg. Use the -b option to pause the output a page at a time.

EDK I think it is option then for that shell I take it only thing I see beside the windows loader and osx partitions don't seem to see the linux even though the extfs is loaded into my BIOS, I'll give that a try now and yes I have used the reset everytime as I did read what instructions there are out in the wild... EDK it is now have five of the damn things there seems the bottom of the list one that takes you to it the others just load windows. Nothing at all about even attempting to load a directory anywhere only scanning for boot devices then it adding the stupid extra EDK entries I would think at the very end with the standard finding the ram, processsor p-state/frequencies, smbus, firmware and graphics card at the start of the messages that I see in DCPIManager.

hi guys. next week i will receive my new hardware (great second hand deal for rampage4extreme + 4930k and then my gtx780 ti).

​i want to put osmosis into my bios (even if most people used it for z77-87-97 chipset).

i put my patched dsdt+ssdt(pikers) into bios, using dsdt2bios rev r3 (the latest one gives me error such as the file has a .rom section or something similar).

​now i have to cook the bios.rom with osmosis files (not so difficult). the only file that requires attention is OzmosisDefaults.ffs because i have to prepare h macpro6,1 system definition and because i have to add some boot-args (npci=0x2000 dart=0 darkwake=10 -gux_nosleep nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1).

is there someone who wants to help me please?

joe75 posted one, but it contains ati frame buffer etc, so i want a clean one for my hardware. thank you

hi guys. next week i will receive my new hardware (great second hand deal for rampage4extreme + 4930k and then my gtx780 ti).

​i want to put osmosis into my bios (even if most people used it for z77-87-97 chipset).

i put my patched dsdt+ssdt(pikers) into bios, using dsdt2bios rev r3 (the latest one gives me error such as the file has a .rom section or something similar).

​now i have to cook the bios.rom with osmosis files (not so difficult). the only file that requires attention is OzmosisDefaults.ffs because i have to prepare h macpro6,1 system definition and because i have to add some boot-args (npci=0x2000 dart=0 darkwake=10 -gux_nosleep nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1).

is there someone who wants to help me please?

joe75 posted one, but it contains ati frame buffer etc, so i want a clean one for my hardware. thank you

6,1Defaults.zip

Well it gets even more interesting found a 10b BIOS at the link below installed it and panic on boot because they had not removed the VoodooHDA.ffs as that will cause it every time with my board anyways. Works without that loads without a safe mode boot ie. normal F12 select with the same platform as it hangs on with my F9 I did earlier. Still no loading of the Defaults.plist so end up with MP3,1 does not seem to affect the performance of the machine benchmarks are just about identical to Clover 14,2 loaded, DSDT included in it has 80+ errors according to MaciASL impressive no testing seems to be done on these things at all.

http://hackintosh-forum.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=16413&s=c8d7c0c3e5808ddb34c42839698b28374a0234e2

glad you got it working (somewhat) :P

if you were still seeing a Quo folder earlier then 1479 oz wasn't loading because the folder structure now is Oz/

I'll try to write a small guide for ESP installs over the weekend that should also provide some better info of fv users as well.

• Like 2