Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

You can set what you want from terminal with nvram tool if you dont want to just keep defaults in Quo folder. If you plan on making regular changes or testing with different smbios settings then I would recommend you keep it in ESP.

Ok, i still got black screen when i try to boot the installer or try boot a preinstalled OSX. I can reach the computer over remote Desktop, the gfx is not injected properly, so thats why the screen is black. So really stuck. With Clover EFI i got the same issue, but fixed it when i set the SMBIOS to MacPro5,1 or MacPro6,1.

So my question now is: How can i change the SMBIOS before i boot the installer without to add Defaults.plist in /efi/quo?

How can i add it to ozmosis defaults as a bootflag? just with nvram? Or can i edit the files?

on page 3 of this thread is the nvram settings and what they do... if you can reach it by remote you can reach it to change nvram settings, also, you should be thinking/looking at modifying the nvram from single user command prompt mode, if your worried about doing it remotely.

HBP

• Like 1

How can i add it to ozmosis defaults as a bootflag? just with nvram? Or can i edit the files?

You can use nvram as well as add it as a boot flag. For me smbios in ozmosis defaults didnt work no matter what so i had to specify it using nvram.

Its said that ozmosis has a built in boot manager. How do you open it?

defaults dont work here to, ether do nvram, how can i check if nvram is ok?

try to change your smbios as described on post 1 if it does change after reboot, its working

A quick way to check for nvram is to enable verbose mode from the Terminal:

sudo nvram boot-args="-v" (if you're using any other boot flags like npci=0x2000 etc add them between the brackets)

And reboot. If you get verbose (text) boot mode then nvram is working. If you get the Apple logo boot then it isn't.

There's little point in using Ozmosis with locked nvram. You can either try to unlock it (risky if you don't have dual-bios or some way to recover from a bad flash) or use Clover as it now has a fix for this.

nvram is not working. So how can i try to unlock it? I have dual-bios, so no problem to restore back to default.

go back a revision on your bios and try again, until you get a bios with unlocked nvram, you have dual bios, go to your second bios, and save a copy, modify it(assuming it is older then your current bios image) and try that on the first one you flashed. 

here is a important note... only flash 1 bios with modified data. that way you will always have a way back to your board.

HBP

go back a revision on your bios and try again, until you get a bios with unlocked nvram, you have dual bios, go to your second bios, and save a copy, modify it(assuming it is older then your current bios image) and try that on the first one you flashed. 

here is a important note... only flash 1 bios with modified data. that way you will always have a way back to your board.

HBP

No luck, cant find a bios with unlocked NVRAM. Sucks. So now i need to get back to use Clover again. Clover works perfect. But i still wanted to get my hackintosh closer to a vanilla install.

I've bought a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 TI OC (2048MB GDDR) graphics card some days ago and I can't get it to work with my Z77MX-QUO-AOS board. When I power up, the card is running, but the system stucks at the boot screen.

I think I've done everything write, I've connected the card to the power supply and tried all available firmware versions (QUO-originals and Ozmozis ones). 

I've tried the firmware options described in the OSX86-Wiki but no success. My power supply (Enermax Platimax 600W) should be more than strong enough and the system works fine with my old GT 640 card.

It seems that some more users have problems with the 7xx series graphic cards when running on older firmware versions, but as no one of the two (very old...) original firmwares of QUO nor the Ozmosis ones are working, what can I do?

I'm aware that there are no working kexts for the GTX-750 TI for OS X yet, but until there's support for OS X I want to run Linux and would really appreciate any help. Maybe an upcoming Ozmosis release could help?

Thanks in advance & Greetings from Austria!

I've bought a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 TI OC (2048MB GDDR) graphics card some days ago and I can't get it to work with my Z77MX-QUO-AOS board. When I power up, the card is running, but the system stucks at the boot screen.

I think I've done everything write, I've connected the card to the power supply and tried all available firmware versions (QUO-originals and Ozmozis ones). 
I've tried the firmware options described in the OSX86-Wiki but no success. My power supply (Enermax Platimax 600W) should be more than strong enough and the system works fine with my old GT 640 card.

It seems that some more users have problems with the 7xx series graphic cards when running on older firmware versions, but as no one of the two (very old...) original firmwares of QUO nor the Ozmosis ones are working, what can I do?

I'm aware that there are no working kexts for the GTX-750 TI for OS X yet, but until there's support for OS X I want to run Linux and would really appreciate any help. Maybe an upcoming Ozmosis release could help?

Thanks in advance & Greetings from Austria!

Hi there, i got  760 GTX, stuck on bootscreen to, ozmosis can not load the GFX card properly, i have not found a solution for it yet. Can you send me the files you used to make the bios mod? Or where can i download the latest one? Does Ozmosis have a official website? The one in first post do not work for me here.

Hi there, i got  760 GTX, stuck on bootscreen to, ozmosis can not load the GFX card properly, i have not found a solution for it yet. Can you send me the files you used to make the bios mod? Or where can i download the latest one? Does Ozmosis have a official website? The one in first post do not work for me here.

Hi, there's an official website, but it's on the Tor-network and not always reachable, as now... Nevertheless you can download the latest version here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/73byjb5ztr3qc6x/Z77MXQUOAOS.H3B.894M.ROM (link from http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Z77MX-QUO-AOS).

Hi, there's an official website, but it's on the Tor-network and not always reachable, as now... Nevertheless you can download the latest version here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/73byjb5ztr3qc6x/Z77MXQUOAOS.H3B.894M.ROM (link from http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Z77MX-QUO-AOS).

Can u please share the Ozmosis files only? I dont have that board ;)

Can you please explain it more in detail? Do i need to flash the GFX card to work?

Don't expect a guru to explain it comprehensible for nuts like us ;-) 

Oh sorry, I didn't realize that you've got another board, here you may find a matching Ozmosis build: http://hackintosh-forum.de/index.php?page=Board&boardID=83. If not I guess you'll have to wait until the official website is up again: https://mrq7bqbfgwmjzd5m.tor2web.org

Can you please explain it more in detail? Do i need to flash the GFX card to work?

do not do this unless you 100% with your model. Most GFX card manufactures don't always post bios updates. Very rare depends on the manufacturer and if they need to fix bugs. They don't release them usually like motherboards. Most recent GFX's will support uefi.

And don't follow The King, if your card isn't compatible then don't even try to rework it. Yes people have used different branded bios's but dont risk it.

760 is a great card, don't frig it :D

My GTX 760 supports it > Palit.

do not do this unless you 100% with your model. Most GFX card manufactures don't always post bios updates. Very rare depends on the manufacturer and if they need to fix bugs. They don't release them usually like motherboards. Most recent GFX's will support uefi.

And don't follow The King, if your card isn't compatible then don't even try to rework it. Yes people have used different branded bios's but dont risk it.

760 is a great card, don't frig it :D

My GTX 760 supports it > Palit.

I know. So your GTX 760 card is working great with ozmosis? What did you do to make it work? Do you make any DSDT injections?

I think this section will be more appropriate for this question

DSDT/Graphics Cards

Yep thanks! Sorry for posting it here :)

nothing special just works, turned CSM off and all UEFI kicks in. I used GA-Z77MX-D3H F15 bios and modded it up with ozmosis, it's vanilla no extra kexts or DSDT. Just vanilla.

EFI Shell

did you try nvram boot-args="-v npci=0x2000" or maybe 0x3000??? then reboot and try to boot usb installer

nothing special just works, turned CSM off and all UEFI kicks in. I used GA-Z77MX-D3H F15 bios and modded it up with ozmosis, it's vanilla no extra kexts or DSDT. Just vanilla.

EFI Shell

did you try nvram boot-args="-v npci=0x2000" or maybe 0x3000??? then reboot and try to boot usb installer

I dont think NVRAM is working, because when i try to update boot-args with nvram, no changes. So i need to figure out how to get NVRAM working with my bios.