Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Just one more question  :D . Does someone know how to stop Ozmosis from injecting GPU? My GPU (7970Ghz vapor-x) runs on generic framebuffer, not on that one it tries to inject.

U need to make dsdt with your injection.

Hi, i want try yosemite, can someone point me to some doc about howto vanilla usb key installation? 

Many thanks 

Hey guys,

​Are there news on Ozmosis for Z97X boards? Cannot get my Z97X-UD5H to work - installation works fine, boot afterwards does not... keeps spinning the wheel. Verbose doesn't give me a clear explaination on the failure. Maybe you guys can help...

http://pastebin.com/EYCKVyT0Have you added smcemulator from original ozmosis files? 

Just one more question  :D . Does someone know how to stop Ozmosis from injecting GPU? My GPU (7970Ghz vapor-x) runs on generic framebuffer, not on that one it tries to inject.

According to my knowledge it's not possible.

Fred

Hi, i want try yosemite, can someone point me to some doc about howto vanilla usb key installation? 

Many thanks 

I just saw this on Macrumors:

Worked for me, installing now from USB stick on a clean partition on my rMBP...

1. In applications folder, right click on Install OS X 10.10 Developer Preview, choose "Show Package Contents".

2. Open Contents / Shared Support

3. You'll see a Packages folder. Open terminal, enter:

open "/Volumes/OS X Install ESD/BaseSystem.dmg

4. Using Disk Utility, restore OS X Base System to your USB Stick. (Took a couple of times for me)

5. On the USB Stick, in System/Installation delete the link named Packages

6. Copy Packages from OS X Install ESD to the System/Installation folder on the USB Stick

7. Unhide files from the OS X Install ESD dmg to copy BaseSystem.dmg and Basesystem.chunklist (they are both hidden) and copy them onto the USB stick (not in a folder, top level)

8. Unmount USB stick. You now have a full bootable USB stick with the OS.

perfectly working on my system

• Like 1

​yes, I did. Tried Ozmosis 828M and even 894M ... no luck :(

In verbose mode, do you see something, or the system start and goes to running wheel and still remaining in this step? 

have you tried with -x flag ( safe mode if i'm not get mistake ) ?

Well, I can only check the bootlog afterwards.. via booting Recovery HD (which works) and reading system.log

​Because when I press and hold either CMD+V or CMD+S at bootup, I only get a blackscreen - NO grey apple screen, NO verbose output...

​Gonna try Ozmosis 894M now, with its stock smcemulator.ffs and hardcoded bootargs to "-v -x"

​UPDATE: Didnt work, still going to a blackscreen instead of verbose...

• Like 1

Well, I can only check the bootlog afterwards.. via booting Recovery HD (which works) and reading system.log

​Because when I press and hold either CMD+V or CMD+S at bootup, I only get a blackscreen - NO grey apple screen, NO verbose output...

​Gonna try Ozmosis 894M now, with its stock smcemulator.ffs and hardcoded bootargs to "-v -x"

​UPDATE: Didnt work, still going to a blackscreen instead of verbose...

I get the same behaviour, but if you press F12 select the boot volume, then wait for the blackscreen (before the grey apple) and press CMD+V (or S) it works fine.

if you press F12 select the boot volume, then wait for the blackscreen (before the grey apple) and press CMD+V (or S) it works fine.

​Thanks for the working workaround heh :) I get verbose output now fine... and when I tried the hardcoded ozmosisDefaults with boot-args="-v -x" It even booted completely :)

​What would be the wisest step now to take, to get rid of safe mode?

​thanks already

​Thanks for the working workaround heh :) I get verbose output now fine... and when I tried the hardcoded ozmosisDefaults with boot-args="-v -x" It even booted completely :)

​What would be the wisest step now to take, to get rid of safe mode?

​thanks already

Launch darwindumper and examine logs to see what happens , now do you have rigth boot or stiil get running wheel ? 

In Safe Mode it boots fine, normal boot still gives forever-spinning wheel. However, once it booted in normal Mode.. but after that, again -> non.booting. Looking at the logs now, to find the culprit. Thanks for now :)

First post UPDATED with some new infos/files i found in this thread.

Added your guide to first post.

Hello, hey, if you got some free time, can you check my bios? I have ozmosis working however, i want one of two things,

1) include fakesmc with sensors working

2) include fakesmc with sensors working + realtek driver

3) include smcemulator + realtek.

It works just fine with smcemulator, but I cant get it to work with fakesmc with sensors, and on the other side, having network included in bios would be superb. I just dont find what else to delete to make space for it. 

Original: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4956916/BIOS/Z87HD3.F6.orig.rom

Ozmosis 828 no FakeSMC/SMCEmulator: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4956916/BIOS/z87hd3.f6.828.ozmosis.nosmc.rom

Ozmosis 894 SMCEmulator: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4956916/BIOS/z87hd3-f6-894-smcemu.rom

Thanks

Hello, hey, if you got some free time, can you check my bios? I have ozmosis working however, i want one of two things,

1) include fakesmc with sensors working

2) include fakesmc with sensors working + realtek driver

3) include smcemulator + realtek.

It works just fine with smcemulator, but I cant get it to work with fakesmc with sensors, and on the other side, having network included in bios would be superb. I just dont find what else to delete to make space for it. 

Original: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4956916/BIOS/Z87HD3.F6.orig.rom

Ozmosis 828 no FakeSMC/SMCEmulator: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4956916/BIOS/z87hd3.f6.828.ozmosis.nosmc.rom

Ozmosis 894 SMCEmulator: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4956916/BIOS/z87hd3-f6-894-smcemu.rom

Thanks

your Ozmosis 894 SMCEmulator with more space soo u can play with kexts yourself.

z87hd3-f6-894-smcemu.zip

your Ozmosis 894 SMCEmulator with more space soo u can play with kexts yourself.

attachicon.gifz87hd3-f6-894-smcemu.zip

Thanks man, let me try,

What is the deleted modules:

"AsUndiDxe" and "RtkUndiDxe" thanks.

edit: well I tried injecting the realtek driver and it didnt work. However, rolledback to osmosis 828 and it worked perfectly. So I think im set.

Thanks again.

Thanks man, let me try,

What is the deleted modules:

"AsUndiDxe" and "RtkUndiDxe" thanks.

edit: well I tried injecting the realtek driver and it didnt work. However, rolledback to osmosis 828 and it worked perfectly. So I think im set.

Thanks again.

legacy oproms for those lan cards are also deleted,and all its updated to latest oproms using uefi bios updater.

• Like 1

Hi pjalm,i have a i3-4130 with hd4400 but i have dsdt edited for 4600 the system si OK and recognize hd4400 like 4600 but it's work without graphics acceleration.

Do you think it's possible patch dsdt for enabling graphics acceleration?

HD4600 requies a special DSDT patch like Sandy on Ivy or Ivy on Sandy did since your using Haswell on Broadwell.

Would you maybe check my DSDT Cleanup, if I did it correctly ? There are "only" 50 Remarks left, but no warnings

Can I, if DSDT is correct, use this patch: https://github.com/xenatt/Hackintosh/blob/master/DSDT/Patch/INTEL-HD4600.txt with 9series .. or I need a "more" special one?

Z97X_UD5H_DSDT_Cleanup.zip