Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

I actually don't use IONetworkingFamily here. Once you boot into the system the first time it will load the system's kext. You might just be without ethernet on the first boot.

I'll play around with different SMC kexts sometime soon and see what results I get. I use kozlek's one so I can have the sensor plugins in the bios too, even though that's kinda unnecessary. With Mavericks it wasn't an issue as everything loaded fine, but Yosemite is complicating things.

try to delete all the EFI partitions that you do not need maybe that help.

use this for example http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,14019.0.html

good luck

here you go

with

Patched DSDT

Patched Sata module 

Bios theme from QUO Bios(3D Mod Don't Work you can delete it for more free space 6B389ACF-5B9A-445C-BFE7-35D608C4CE56 (1,5Mb))

added small apple boot image and Quo logo

HFSPlus from iMac14,2 Bios

No FakeSMC in it you can add it by yourself

Ozmosis 894

OZmosisDefaults Mac Pro 3,1

hi. i finally solved the bootcamp startup volume issue.

i found out it while installing 10.10 dp1.

briefly: first i have to install windows, then i have to install mac osx. doing this, my system preferences startupvolume lets me choose the windows partition.

hope it helps

ps i'm using one ssd for windows and another ssd for mac osx.

In my Ozmosis the Network kext is integrated and Mavericks Network running without extra kext in S/L/E.

But for using the Network in Yosemite i must install the kext from S/L/E ... Why?

Once OSX load ionetworking family and u have your network kext in ozmosis bios it will work.

network kext have dependancy on ionetworkingfamily kext.

In mavericks u first installed network kext in S/L/E and ionetworkingfamily get into kernel cache soo when u delete network kext from S/L/E it work from firmware on next boot.

If u delete network kext from S/L/E in 10.10 it will work same as in mavericks.

Ok so I've done some playing around here. 894M is able to load FakeSMC for Yosemite while 828M fails to do so. So a vanilla install is possible with 894M. If the kext is signed then kext-dev-mode isn't needed, but without this patched AppleHDA won't load as the patching breaks the code signing.

Downside to moving to 894M is I've lost my ethernet and USB kexts in BIOS as adding those causes the boot KP. I think I can probably fix this by copying the kexts to the EFI partition but that's kinda messy, especially as I'm booting Yosemite from a second disk.

Ok so I've done some playing around here. 894M is able to load FakeSMC for Yosemite while 828M fails to do so. So a vanilla install is possible with 894M. If the kext is signed then kext-dev-mode isn't needed, but without this patched AppleHDA won't load as the patching breaks the code signing.

Downside to moving to 894M is I've lost my ethernet and USB kexts in BIOS as adding those causes the boot KP. I think I can probably fix this by copying the kexts to the EFI partition but that's kinda messy, especially as I'm booting Yosemite from a second disk.

Why u just dont add kext-dev-mode to your ozmosis defaults as boot arguments ?

Why u just dont add kext-dev-mode to your ozmosis defaults as boot arguments ?

I can (or I can add it to nvram from Mavericks) but that only fixes AppleHDA. The KP on boot is the same problem I got when 894M first came out. It's the reason I stuck with 828M all this time.

Here at least, it's unable to load any kexts other than FakeSMC.

Once OSX load ionetworking family and u have your network kext in ozmosis bios it will work.

network kext have dependancy on ionetworkingfamily kext.

In mavericks u first installed network kext in S/L/E and ionetworkingfamily get into kernel cache soo when u delete network kext from S/L/E it work from firmware on next boot.

If u delete network kext from S/L/E in 10.10 it will work same as in mavericks.

I have check the both IONetworkingFamiliy kext ...

In Mavericks System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns i can't find AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext

In Yosemite i find the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext

I hope i understand right: I install the kext with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], repair permissions, reboot the Machine and then i can delete the kext???

I have check the both IONetworkingFamiliy kext ...

In Mavericks System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns i can't find AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext

In Yosemite i find the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext

I hope i understand right: I install the kext with #####, repair permissions, reboot the Machine and then i can delete the kext???

True.

But u need realtek kext in ozmosis bios.

use one from here not from bests.

One from beasts suxx.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/

True.

But u need realtek kext in ozmosis bios.

use one from here not from bests.

One from beasts suxx.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/

What is better with this driver?

Actually my Ozmosis has this: AppleRTL8169Ethernet.Rev-1.0.3 and in S/ L/ E is this kext: AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext (Rev 2.0.6)

Don't touch a running system ... You know ;-) 

I wanted only to know which it better can? Thus in simple words.

The List of Features from the new driver can't compare with RTL8169 Feature List ...because I do not have those List :-(

Don't touch a running system ... You know ;-) 

I wanted only to know which it better can? Thus in simple words.

The List of Features from the new driver can't compare with RTL8169 Feature List ...because I do not have those List :-(

Go to say that to new driver thread.

New driver just run better.

Like mieze say in first post all its true.

one u are using its old and this thread compare new to your old.. 

Hi!

I've already finished install of Yosemite without any issue, but i have just one problem:  when i click anywhere in the screen, my Microsoft Wireless Mouse jumps back to default position without registering the click :huh:  :wallbash:  :help: .

Hi!

I've already finished install of Yosemite without any issue, but i have just one problem:  when i click anywhere in the screen, my Microsoft Wireless Mouse jumps back to default position without registering the click :huh:  :wallbash:  :help: .

Hi.

I was having same problem with mx 518 and it wass error in mouse about 2 years ago.

maybe its mouse try another one.

Hi.

I was having same problem with mx 518 and it wass error in mouse about 2 years ago.

maybe its mouse try another one.

But why this one work with all OS X except YOYO 10.10  :worried_anim:

Are you using the Intellipoint drivers and are they signed (you can check this in the extensions section of system profiler)?

If they're not you need the kext-dev-mode kernel flag set or they won't load.

I'm using native kext from Mavericks and don't use GenericUSBXHCI...etc, because all of my devices such as iPhone and external drives and USBs work fine. But i have the "Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000 and Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800", i can boot even with or without this kernel flag, but when i move the mouse it jump to the default position every time and you can't do anything  :cry:  :wacko:

hi guys. here again to make my hack performing better :-)

i have just enabled my intelhd4600 igp.it is recognized as you can see in the screenshot. the problem is that airplay mirroring is not working.

should i had any command to nvram, igp-enabler yes or   something similar?

thank you

post-612691-0-34308400-1401977677_thumb.png