Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

truesoldier are you using 894M? I'm just wondering if this is why you're copying FakeSMC to the EFI folder. I usually don't need to do that here as I'm still using 828M. Everything loads from the BIOS with Mavericks.

From the sound of things we're back to installing kexts in /S/L/E again so one of the big benefits of using Ozmosis is gone out the window.

I'm editing one of my old Chameleon USB builder scripts now to make a Yosemite one that will install FakeSMC into /S/L/E on the USB and onto the installed system as well. Will see how that goes.

I have no Folder in USB Stick

you need to make it.

truesoldier are you using 894M? I'm just wondering if this is why you're copying FakeSMC to the EFI folder. I usually don't need to do that here as I'm still using 828M. Everything loads from the BIOS with Mavericks.

From the sound of things we're back to installing kexts in /S/L/E again so one of the big benefits of using Ozmosis is gone out the window.

I'm editing one of my old Chameleon USB builder scripts now to make a Yosemite one that will install FakeSMC into /S/L/E on the USB and onto the installed system as well. Will see how that goes.

im on 894M i dont have fakeSMC in Bios therefore must in EFi folder.

installing kexts in /S/L/E think is more stable my opinion ^_^

good luck with your  Chameleon USB builder scripts ;)

Did you boot into single user mode and kextload FakeSMC again? I think you have to do that for the first install boot as well to get it into the kernelcache. I also had kext-dev-mode=1 enabled as well. Maybe overkill but I wanted to make sure it loaded.

I managed to get it installed by doing this and copying FakeSMC and my ethernet and USB 3 kexts into /S/L/E.

I have copying all to the USB + FakeSMC in S/L/E ... Install.

Now have make this:

post-530903-14018380855923_thumb.jpg

But now i Must sleeping ...

Next Day, next Test. I come back.

I hope i unterstand right.

I make the Stick -> boot from this and then, before install, i Must make the kextload? Then Install and then make the kextload again ... Before boot the First Time from HDD?

Right?

You can forget a lot of that.

Add kext-dev-mode=1 to your boot args along with -s. I'm not sure adding it from single user mode will work.

Also the kextcache command is obsolete. It doesn't use Extensions.mkext.

Just boot into single user mode and kextload FakeSMC both for the install and for the first boot when it's finished installing.

• Like 1

Type "nvram -px" to see what's there (boot-args will be at the bottom). When you type a new "nvram boot-args" command it will replace what is already there. So "sudo nvram boot-args="-s kext-dev-mode=1" is what I typed (from Mavericks). You could also type it from single user mode in Yosemite (you won't need the sudo at the start then). If you do I'd suggest rebooting after doing this so it will read them during startup.

Once you're in single user mode type "kextload /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext". If you get an error about permissions then type "chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext" and "chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext" and then try the kextload command again. You should see it load and say something like 13 keys loaded. Then type "exit" and it will resume booting.

• Like 1

Hello,

I have a Samsung NP540U3C ultrabook and I would love to use this BIOS as a way of installing Mavericks so I can update it and not have to mess around with Kexts.

How do I find out if it will be possible,

Thanks

Hello,

I have a Samsung NP540U3C ultrabook and I would love to use this BIOS as a way of installing Mavericks so I can update it and not have to mess around with Kexts.

How do I find out if it will be possible,

Thanks

make a new partition and test it.

Type "nvram -px" to see what's there (boot-args will be at the bottom). When you type a new "nvram boot-args" command it will replace what is already there. So "sudo nvram boot-args="-s kext-dev-mode=1" is what I typed (from Mavericks). You could also type it from single user mode in Yosemite (you won't need the sudo at the start then). If you do I'd suggest rebooting after doing this so it will read them during startup.

Once you're in single user mode type "kextload /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext". If you get an error about permissions then type "chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext" and "chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext" and then try the kextload command again. You should see it load and say something like 13 keys loaded. Then type "exit" and it will resume booting.

Your are my Hero :-) ... Mac OS X 10.10 is up and running :-) ... Thanks for support

But starting always im SingleUserModus, without pressing any on keyboard.

What can i do?

Your are my Hero :-) ... Mac OS X 10.10 is up and running :-) ... Thanks for support

But starting always im SingleUserModus, without pressing any on keyboard.

What can i do?

Great! To stop it loading in single user mode just run the sudo nvram command again but remove the "-s". That's the flag to load in single user mode. "kext-dev-mode=1" is all you should need in the boot-args.

@NSCXP2005: The first thing to check is that your NVRAM is writable. Without this, there's little point in picking Ozmosis over Clover. To do this you'll need to be booting with UEFI Clover. If you can write a boot-arg like "-v" to nvram and it sticks after a reboot without using EmuVariableUefi then you have working nvram. (This is the how I would check nvram but maybe somebody can suggest a better/easier way).

I have read the first post and I really don't know where to start.

Please can somebody advise

First i would not advise it on any kind of laptop, there's no mobile support.

Secondly It only works with AMI Firmware.

Great! To stop it loading in single user mode just run the sudo nvram command again but remove the "-s". That's the flag to load in single user mode. "kext-dev-mode=1" is all you should need in the boot-args.

I have do this ... And now all works fine :-) ... Thanks again.

10.10 dp1 installed with vanilla usb :-)

ozmosis 894m

the funny thing is that with 10.10 i can choose botcamp in startup volume (mac osx preferences) while with 10.9.3 i can't.

ps i have installed 10.10 on the same disk of 10.9.3

10.10 dp1 installed with vanilla usb :-)

ozmosis 894m

I wonder why it didn't work for me. I had to add FakeSMC to the install USB (and to the installed system to be sure).

Are you using the stock Ozmosis SMCEmulatorKext? Or Slice's one (that one is signed).

I wonder why it didn't work for me. I had to add FakeSMC to the install USB (and to the installed system to be sure).

Are you using the stock Ozmosis SMCEmulatorKext? Or Slice's one (that one is signed).

i'm using scmemulatorkext and a ozmosisdefault edited by me (with imac14,2 values and nvidia boot arg)

guys, a question for you: i want to add the intele1000 kext on my bios.

i know that i have to add even appleIONEtworkingFamily.kext (2,5mb)

the problem is of the file size! how can i add them into my bios? i already compressed core_dxe

edit: i have now seen that once converted with kext2ffs,  IONEtworkingFamily.kext is about 300kb  :hysterical:

​edit2: i noticed that if i add genericusbxhci.kext, it doesn't work. should i add something else?