Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

The big advantage of 828 is being able to load other kexts from the bios. With 894 I can only load FakeSMC while with 828 I had FakeSMC, sensors, ethernet and usb3 all in the bios.

The big advantage of 894 other than the OzmosisDefaults (which is just a one-time thing anyway) is being able to vanilla-boot Yosemite.

The big advantage of 828 is being able to load other kexts from the bios. With 894 I can only load FakeSMC while with 828 I had FakeSMC, sensors, ethernet and usb3 all in the bios.

The big advantage of 894 other than the OzmosisDefaults (which is just a one-time thing anyway) is being able to vanilla-boot Yosemite.

ok, so my question is: is someone able to have a 894 working with fakesmc sensors? i can boot with the fakesmc by slice or the one posted by kynyo, the problem is that i'm not able to load the sensors, neither installing them trough kextutility

hI, attached there is your bios with ozmosis Stuff inside, Filesytem replaced by enhanchedfat, added hfsplus,partitiondxe, ozmosis ozmosisdefaults, try at your risk!

Have you some mechanism to reover from bad bios flashing? 

I tried the download you provided but 10.10 will not boot, it get to the progress bar but will not go any further, anyway to boot with -v boot flag?

ok, so my question is: is someone able to have a 894 working with fakesmc sensors? i can boot with the fakesmc by slice or the one posted by kynyo, the problem is that i'm not able to load the sensors, neither installing them trough kextutility

You should be able to install them in the system once it's up and running. You might have to install FakeSMC with them (I haven't tried installing just the sensors with FakeSMC in the bios).

I'm booting 894 with Slice's FakeSMC and then installing kozlek's FakeSMC and sensors afterwards. Mainly because I prefer kozlek's HWMonitor.

FakeSMC goes into Ozmosis firmware. Sensors with / without FakeSMC goes into S/L/E or Efi/ Quo/ Darwin/ Extensions/ Common/ to avoid KP.

You take BIOS from here, extract it and modify as you wish using MMTool on Windows or UEFITool on OS X.

You should be able to install them in the system once it's up and running. You might have to install FakeSMC with them (I haven't tried installing just the sensors with FakeSMC in the bios).

I'm booting 894 with Slice's FakeSMC and then installing kozlek's FakeSMC and sensors afterwards. Mainly because I prefer kozlek's HWMonitor.

i followed your suggestion, so i put fakesmc by slice into my bios and then i installed fakesmc+plugins by kozlec with kextutility (system/library/extensions). the issue is that now i can't load my system, it gives me kernel panic

Then remove kozlek FakeSMC from S/L/E and put Slice one which doesen't have sensors.

so, that's the key.

could you please post here fakesmc.kext by slice? i have only fakesmc.fss by slice shared by truesoldier. thank you

the link is here http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2585&st=20 but i'm not able to compile it

Please, could Someone please upload it for me? 

i followed your suggestion, so i put fakesmc by slice into my bios and then i installed fakesmc+plugins by kozlec with kextutility (system/library/extensions). the issue is that now i can't load my system, it gives me kernel panic

Does it panic at the start or later into the boot? Sometimes I got a panic right at the start when switching between Slice and kozlek's branches of FakeSMC when I had them in the bios with 828. A reboot usually fixed it.

I tried putting my ethernet and USB kexts into /E/Q/D/E/C a few days ago in an attempt to keep them out of /S/L/E but 894 wouldn't even try to load them.

I tried the download you provided but 10.10 will not boot, it get to the progress bar but will not go any further, anyway to boot with -v boot flag?

have you read that you have to edit ozmosideafults and put boot command to avoid checking signature for kexts? 

They're all listed in the first post. Just use UEFITool in place of MMTool.

With Uefitool i have some problem with fakesmc.ffs sometimes i have to re-reinsert because of error about compression 

Then remove kozlek FakeSMC from S/L/E and put Slice one which doesen't have sensors.

ok, so i'm using this configuration:

ozmosis 894m with fakesmc by kozlec shared by panas78 into both bios and into S/L/E

i have all sensors working exempt from the gpusensor. i think it's because i have a gtx780ti gk110b, and maybe the gpusensor is not updated.

i have no other idea because all other sensors are perfectly working.

what do you think?

I use HWMonitor.app from hwsensors.com to monitor my system. All sensors are working good.

i'm using it too. i think the issue is that the sensor is outdated (remember that this fakesmc is ver 5.3, now there is 6.9 but as we know it doesn't work with ozmosis)

so, that's the key.

could you please post here fakesmc.kext by slice? i have only fakesmc.fss by slice shared by truesoldier. thank you

the link is here http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2585&st=20 but i'm not able to compile it

Please, could Someone please upload it for me? 

Link in my signature

i'm using it too. i think the issue is that the sensor is outdated (remember that this fakesmc is ver 5.3, now there is 6.9 but as we know it doesn't work with ozmosis)

you can try using fakesmc 5.3 in bios and install 6.9 in S/L/E.

thank you. for now it gives me only cpu and gpu temperature but not the other values that kozlec gives (fans rpm, cpu heatsink temp,hard disks or ssd infos etc).

anyway, thank you!

Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 10.38.14.png

Sorry for offtopic