Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

i'm editing pzmosis default.plist

i have to add 2 boot args. which way is correct?

<key>boot-args</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>boot-args</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>

<key>boot-args</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1</string>

thanks for your reply

here you go

with

Patched DSDT

Patched Sata module 

Bios theme from QUO Bios(3D Mod Don't Work you can delete it for more free space 6B389ACF-5B9A-445C-BFE7-35D608C4CE56 (1,5Mb))

added small apple boot image and Quo logo

HFSPlus from iMac14,2 Bios

No FakeSMC in it you can add it by yourself

Ozmosis 894

OZmosisDefaults Mac Pro 3,1

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this, i've been having a play around following the instructions on the first post but keep getting errors booting after flashing my own modded bios.

I've got your bios running with slice's fakesmc, only problem i'm having is getting sound working.

I've tried installing the ALC887/888b kext but the sound card is not detected in sound preferences, what do you do for sound?

Thanks again!

There its nothing to be fixed about this its the way OSX handle kext loading not ozmosis.

U need to modify kext before insert into bios.

Example here its intel network kext.

Delete these two lines and try.

ZmhdaeI.jpg

For me wass working like this soo we dont need to insert ionetworking falily too into bios.

Same goes for fakesmc plugins..

hi guys. just edited my dsdt and now i have even airplay mirroring working! now my last step is to put the ethernet kext into the bios.

i modified the appleintelE1000.kext as written above. the problem is that my ethernet is not recognized. what can i do?

i didn't put on bios ionetworkfamily.kext because of the post that i quoted.

please help me :-)

edit: other question.

can i use the fakesmc plugins using smcemulator instead of fakesmc.kext?

post-612691-0-94460200-1402171707_thumb.png

post-612691-0-78700100-1402171714_thumb.png

AppleIntelE1000e.kext.zip

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this, i've been having a play around following the instructions on the first post but keep getting errors booting after flashing my own modded bios.

I've got your bios running with slice's fakesmc, only problem i'm having is getting sound working.

I've tried installing the ALC887/888b kext but the sound card is not detected in sound preferences, what do you do for sound?

Thanks again!

here use this one works fine http://www.osx86.net/files/file/202-updated-applehda-1093-alc887/ 

hi boys. 2 question please:

1-can i add fakesmc plugins using smcemulator instead of fakesmc.kext?

2-isn't strange my screenshot attached? i have a working dsdt with airplay mirroring, powermanagment etc, but why is written airport as slot for the gtx 780ti????

post-612691-0-55072600-1402224265_thumb.png

hi boys. 2 question please:

1-can i add fakesmc plugins using smcemulator instead of fakesmc.kext?

2-isn't strange my screenshot attached? i have a working dsdt with airplay mirroring, powermanagment etc, but why is written airport as slot for the gtx 780ti????

It's just DMI issue, you can mod that with AmiBcp. (Tables 9 up to 12)

Fred

Fred

thank you. where to find a working version?

i downloaded amibcp 4.53, using it with a windows xp sp3 virtual machine, it doesn't open my bios file. the program shuts down immediately.

please help

thank you. where to find a working version?

i downloaded amibcp 4.53, using it with a windows xp sp3 virtual machine, it doesn't open my bios file. the program shuts down immediately.

please help

Attach there is version 4.55

AMIBCP4.55.0070.zip

• Like 3

legacy oproms for those lan cards are also deleted,and all its updated to latest oproms using uefi bios updater.

Quick question, for some reason facetime/imessage isnt working anymore. I generated with chameleon wizard a new serial number, etc. Changed to Mac Pro 6,1 etc, still not working.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0qo8y2tp08dazi/Screenshot%202014-06-08%2018.16.52.png

nvram writing works, since well I updated all the info.

Tried building the latest ozmosis into the latest BIOS for my MB. After flashing, I get a kernel panic when trying to boot my 10.9 and 10.10 partitions. Below is panic from 10.10 boot. Any suggestions?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xxhsr6xwrp45ld2/IMG_20140608_212344.jpg

change fakesmc in bios to slice version or original one.

Quick question, for some reason facetime/imessage isnt working anymore. I generated with chameleon wizard a new serial number, etc. Changed to Mac Pro 6,1 etc, still not working.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0qo8y2tp08dazi/Screenshot%202014-06-08%2018.16.52.png

nvram writing works, since well I updated all the info.

Try to change password 

Fred

Hi Fred, Thanks for sharing your knoweldge, which data we have to change in DMI table ? and with what? 

Try to change password 

Hi Fred, Thanks for sharing your knoweldge, which data we have to change in DMI table ? and with what? 

post-509660-0-26512100-1402304836_thumb.jpg

You can change DMI name for PCI slot and make show in profiler by adding in your DSDT name (_SUN, x)

Fred

• Like 2

Can you guys shed some light on the topic, how Ozmosis writes/accesses NVRAM. Does it rely on FakeSMC or does it have it's own routine?

The thing is: Set Variables in EFI Shell are persistent, but writing to nvram from OSX is not. I would like to understand why. Thanks!

Will this work on a Asus Maximus V Gene?

hI, attached there is your bios with ozmosis Stuff inside, Filesytem replaced by enhanchedfat, added hfsplus,partitiondxe, ozmosis ozmosisdefaults, try at your risk!

Have you some mechanism to reover from bad bios flashing? 

Can you guys shed some light on the topic, how Ozmosis writes/accesses NVRAM. Does it rely on FakeSMC or does it have it's own routine?

The thing is: Set Variables in EFI Shell are persistent, but writing to nvram from OSX is not. I would like to understand why. Thanks!

I think  it's based on native nvram stuffs on bios, but i dont have the needed skills to say YES! it is if you search pmpatch coderush show the mechanism 

maximus-v-gene-asus-ozmo894m-1903.zip

• Like 1

change fakesmc in bios to slice version or original one.

Changed to Slice FakeSMC v3.3.1 and systems are now booting fine. Injecting Ozmosis turned out to be far easier than I expected thanks to all the work and guides you guys have put together. Thanks

Only issue to resolve now is "kernel[0]: FireWire GUID 0000000000000000 is invalid!" spam in console and perhaps a new DSDT.