Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

How it works? Any tutorial?

It's simple but I also did not see it, because i didn't understand it, here is the steps to do it as simple as they are.

DON'T FORGET THE SIZE, IT SHOULD BE THE SAME AS THE ORIGINAL ONE OR LESS.

Step 1: Download the second zip file that had attached FredWst

Step 2: Open a Terminal, copy unzipped file and paste it on Desktop

Step 3: Put your AmiBoardInfo.ffs and your Patched DSDT.aml on this folder

Step 4: Rename your DSDT.aml as DSDT-FX-0XXXXX.aml  FX=Bios Revision  0XXXXXX=Size of your original DSDT.aml

Step 5: Now in Terminal Type: cd Desktop/Debug/     Debug=Unzipped folder that you downloaded earlier.    cd is Change Directory

Step 6: Type ls     LS is List

You should have this message:

AmiBoardInfo.ffs DSDT-FX-0XXXXX.aml Dsdt2Bios

Step 7: Now Type this: ./Dsdt2Bios -extract AmiBoardInfo.ffs DSDT-FX-0XXXXX.aml

Then you should have this message:

AmiBoardInfo file size XXXX.

DSDT found at XXXX size XXXX.

DSDT-Original.aml create.

New DSDT size XXXX.

AmiBoardInfo.new create.

It's OKEY NOW you should have your patched AmiBoardInfo.new you need to rename it as AmiBoardInfo.ffs

Special THANK'S to FredWst :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :D  ^_^

Hi,

Here is what you want extracted from 894M, tweak for iMac13,2.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/23xc5pvz5oddp5w/SmcEmulatorKext.kext.zip

Fred

Don't work for me I've tested both with info.plist of FakeSMC even with his Binary, tried to put some patch's inside but don't work for me :(  :no: . I think because i use MacPro6,1 and in verbose mode he stop at "Something......... bluetouth"

Now i'm rolling back to 828M, it work's well with FakeSMC 6.4.1220 :D

Don't work for me I've tested both with info.plist of FakeSMC even with his Binary, tried to put some patch's inside but don't work for me :(  :no: . I think because i use MacPro6,1 and in verbose mode he stop at "Something......... bluetouth"

Now i'm rolling back to 828M, it work's well with FakeSMC 6.4.1220 :D

Dont work for me too, booting eith -v i saw cant read smc binary or something similar, now i'm in workplace ad i cant check the exactly messasge

Dont work for me too, booting eith -v i saw cant read smc binary or something similar, now i'm in workplace ad i cant check the exactly messasge

I think that's cannot run under HASWELL system's, or maybe there's something wrong. But if i put the original one from 894M, it work's but not completely. It's based on earlier revision of FakeSMC.kext i think :worried_anim:

For me, there is only the 828M that work's with any FakeSMC and any kext as well! But i will try to create a new SMCEmulatorKext.kext that can run this hack as well and with any kext, I'm sure there will be an issue! :yes:  

I would like, but i dont have necessary skills to do it, it could be vey usefull a sort of manual that explain some tricks about FakeSMC and plist editing, or, the function also not in deep way a simple overview 

fakeSMC from SLICE works just great with latest ozmosis,it wass mentioned when 894M released.

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2585&st=0&do=findComment&comment=26361

Thank you xpam tonigth i will try.

For what you know, there are some tricks about why DSDT must be same size of original one in AmiBoardInfo.ffs? could be possibile  insert a DSDT bigger than original one? if not, if you know, why we cant? 

I have some problem with my DSDT i would like to have it rigth for my mobo, but if i apply the patch ( for instance patch pjalm for  GA-Z77MX-D3H)  dsdt becomes bigger and cant be inserted in amiboard.

Many Thanks 

Hvala!

Thank you xpam tonigth i will try.

For what you know, there are some tricks about why DSDT must be same size of original one in AmiBoardInfo.ffs? could be possibile  insert a DSDT bigger than original one? if not, if you know, why we cant? 

I have some problem with my DSDT i would like to have it rigth for my mobo, but if i apply the patch ( for instance patch pjalm for  GA-Z77MX-D3H)  dsdt becomes bigger and cant be inserted in amiboard.

Many Thanks 

Hvala!

Wait this evening ;)

Fred

• Like 1

I would like, but i dont have necessary skills to do it, it could be vey usefull a sort of manual that explain some tricks about FakeSMC and plist editing, or, the function also not in deep way a simple overview 

You can look here, there are many files that can help us to create it!

https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors

fakeSMC from SLICE works just great with latest ozmosis,it wass mentioned when 894M released.

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2585&st=0&do=findComment&comment=26361

Thank's xpamamadeus!
I've tested this revision of FakeSMC earlier but there is no hardware monitoring, and you can't know what's happens with your hardware in real time. Now i'm searching help to create SMCEmulatorKext to work both with all hardware IvyBridge even with Haswell, Because yesterday i've replaced info.plist of FakeSMC 6.3.1211 with info.plist of SMCEmulatorKext it worked without KernelPanic but it's stopped at searching for bluetooth device. I'm sure that there is a solution for that problem! :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  

Wait this evening ;)

Fred

I'm using UEFITools from CodeRush soft does not refuse to integrate bigger dsdt, but it does not boot. :(

Maybe checksum issue or other i must investigate.

Fred

Can we help you in some way? 

I'm not so skilled in programming, but i dont know if in some part of amiboardinfo there is a sort of length of dsdt or the length of amiboardinfo itself, in both cases if my ipotesys it's' correct, could be enough looking for the length and substitute with the new one 

Thank's xpamamadeus!
I've tested this revision of FakeSMC earlier but there is no hardware monitoring, and you can't know what's happens with your hardware in real time. Now i'm searching help to create SMCEmulatorKext to work both with all hardware IvyBridge even with Haswell, Because yesterday i've replaced info.plist of FakeSMC 6.3.1211 with info.plist of SMCEmulatorKext it worked without KernelPanic but it's stopped at searching for bluetooth device. I'm sure that there is a solution for that problem! :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  

This work with hardware monitoring,u done something wrong...

For me SLICE fakesmc and IntelCPUMonitor work on maverics from firmware.

I just needed to delete this line in IntelCpumonitor soo it can load without fakesmc in S/L/E and from firmware.

Ms5gc0o.png

If u dont wanna to delete this line then u must install this fakesmc into S/L/E

With this kext and Slice Hwmonitor u get this redings.

W5gczHd.png

And those in istat menu 

tll3PTG.png

Same way u can get motherboard sensors to work but u need to do some work for right readings.

For my Z87M D3H i must use ITEIT87x.kext

U must configure your info.plist of that kext if u wanna get right readings.

Try to  find them in LPCSensors.kext if your mobo wass supported with that kext.

Good luck.

Attached working kexts.

FakeSMCCompress.ffs.zip

IntelCPUMonitorCompress.ffs.zip

• Like 1

silly question :D was enough some google research 

Same way u can get motherboard sensors to work but u need to do some work for right readings.

Try to  find them in LPCSensors.kext if your mobo wass supported with that kext.

Good luck.

Attached working kexts.

attachicon.gifFakeSMCCompress.ffs.zip

attachicon.gifIntelCPUMonitorCompress.ffs.zip

Thanks you, so, if i delete this key from every kext i can use all the kexts from firmware, LPCSensors from what packages?

silly question :D was enough some google research 

Thanks you, so, if i delete this key from every kext i can use all the kexts from firmware, LPCSensors from what packages?

some kext will load and some not when u delete this keys..

u must try and see..

this info.plist its from latest kozlek version of lpcsensors and have m IOKitPersonalities for many motherboards.

If u wanna be 100% sure it will use data for your motherboard just replace data in <key>Default</key> and delete all other manufactures/models keys.

like this.

<string>IOKit</string>
			<key>Sensors Configuration</key>
			<dict>
				<key>Default</key>
			<dict>
						<key>FANIN0</key>
						<string></string>
						<key>FANIN1</key>
						<string></string>
						<key>FANIN2</key>
						<string></string>
						<key>FANIN3</key>
						<string></string>
						<key>FANIN4</key>
						<string></string>
						<key>SmartGuardian</key>
						<true/>
						<key>TEMPIN0</key>
						<string>System</string>
						<key>TEMPIN1</key>
						<string></string>
						<key>TEMPIN2</key>
						<string>CPU</string>
						<key>VBATNeedUpdates</key>
						<true/>
						<key>VIN0</key>
						<string></string>
						<key>VIN1</key>
						<dict>
							<key>Name</key>
							<string>3VCC</string>
							<key>Rf</key>
							<integer>2050</integer>
							<key>Ri</key>
							<integer>1330</integer>
							<key>VRef</key>
							<integer>0</integer>
						</dict>
						<key>VIN2</key>
						<dict>
							<key>Name</key>
							<string>+12VC</string>
							<key>Rf</key>
							<integer>220</integer>
							<key>Ri</key>
							<integer>680</integer>
							<key>VRef</key>
							<integer>0</integer>
						</dict>
						<key>VIN3</key>
						<dict>
							<key>Name</key>
							<string>+5VC</string>
							<key>Rf</key>
							<integer>2000</integer>
							<key>Ri</key>
							<integer>1430</integer>
							<key>VRef</key>
							<integer>0</integer>
						</dict>
						<key>VIN4</key>
						<string></string>
						<key>VIN5</key>
						<string>CPU</string>
						<key>VIN6</key>
						<string>Memory</string>
						<key>VIN7</key>
						<dict>
							<key>Name</key>
							<string>3VSB</string>
							<key>Rf</key>
							<integer>100</integer>
							<key>Ri</key>
							<integer>100</integer>
							<key>VRef</key>
							<integer>0</integer>
						</dict>
						<key>VIN8</key>
						<string>VBAT</string>
					</dict>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>OSBundleLibraries</key> 

This its just to see.

use your data.

Info.zip

I'm using UEFITools from CodeRush soft does not refuse to integrate bigger dsdt, but it does not boot. :(

Maybe checksum issue or other i must investigate.

Fred

Hi FredWst!

You need to use MMTOOL, it's really good tool. Your PC boot with Black screen or does not boot? :worried_anim:  :huh:

For me SLICE fakesmc and IntelCPUMonitor work on maverics from firmware.

I just needed to delete this line in IntelCpumonitor soo it can load without fakesmc in S/L/E and from firmware.

Ms5gc0o.png

If u dont wanna to delete this line then u must install this fakesmc into S/L/E

With this kext and Slice Hwmonitor u get this redings.

W5gczHd.png

And those in istat menu 

tll3PTG.png

Good luck.

Attached working kexts.

attachicon.gifFakeSMCCompress.ffs.zip

attachicon.gifIntelCPUMonitorCompress.ffs.zip

Thank's xpamamadeus!

Can you look in this screen shot, i've renamed the FakeSMC.kext to SMCEmulatorKext.kext and there is no kernel panic but some mistakes that stop it from booting correctly.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sf91rc917ofvxsn/6KFYdsqcir

Hi FredWst!

You need to use MMTOOL, it's really good tool. Your PC boot with Black screen or does not boot? :worried_anim:  :huh:

Thank's xpamamadeus!

Can you look in this screen shot, i've renamed the FakeSMC.kext to SMCEmulatorKext.kext and there is no kernel panic but some mistakes that stop it from booting correctly.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sf91rc917ofvxsn/6KFYdsqcir

This says all.

16JOXK3.png

name of kext means nothing.

u can rename it to lolipop.kext if u want and it will still work.

Did u try my 2 .ffs files ?

Did u try ITEIT87x.kext ?

This says all.

16JOXK3.png

name of kext means nothing.

u can rename it to lolipop.kext if u want and it will still work.

Did u try my 2 .ffs files ?

Did u try ITEIT87x.kext ?

i will try it right now!

And how it goes for u ?

Still don't work! :(

Yesterday i was speaking with kozlek in (github.com) about transforming FakeSMC.kext to SMCKextEmulator.kext to make it work, and he told me to rename it as SMCKextEmulator.kext and try!

"kozlek commented 5 hours ago

Oh really, just rename it to SMCEmulatorKext

If you get this one from archive you provided, open it's info.plist you'll see it's the same FakeSMC but only file has been renamed to SMCEmulatorKext.kext. Do it FakeSMC.kext - > SMCEmulatorKext.kext.