Mac OS X 10.4.8

calmesal

468 posts in this topic

alright,so I have 10.4.8 running fine now,untill someone decrypts the 10.4.8 rossetta I think its going to be us using the 10.4.7 rossetta.

/usr/lib/libsystem.B.dylib | /usr/lib/dyld, these two are making the bsd init die.

once I do some more testing I will post back

alright,so I have 10.4.8 running fine now,untill someone decrypts the 10.4.8 rossetta I think its going to be us using the 10.4.7 rossetta.

/usr/lib/libsystem.B.dylib | /usr/lib/dyld, these two are making the bsd init die.

once I do some more testing I will post back

you are running 10.4.8 with new ati kext ? and improved opengl ?

:)

nice job JAS for finding those 2 files...

still think there is a kernel dependency somewhere that stops us to use the new Rosetta...anyway u did good :) let us know if the new ATI kext r working with CEQI

a hacked 10.4.7/8 kernel is really urgent ! when we see all the probs we have

Maxxuss come back! and ARt.ThoU.An.Alien help us :P

k thanx kiko. i think some files have been damaged at the first 10.4.8 combo install but weird...i know the error is linked to some IOUSB dependency...

anyway JAS did u get ATIRADEON latest driver to work with CEQI? any idea why rosetta 10.4.8 is making problem? i was thinking to use the /oah/Shimms directory of 10.4.7

By CEQI you mean QE/CI? Or is CEQI an acronym for something else found on the card?

If I understand correctly, the new Rosetta is the only problem disallowing anyone from installing this update. If Rosetta is properly decrypted, there isn't even a real need to get the 10.4.8 kernel patched, is there? Without the new kernel, we lose the bulk of the performance enhancements that many Mac users enjoy with each update. After 4 updates since the last patched kernel, I think it's about time to get back on par. Wouldn't you have to agree? I'm not sure if the 10.4.8 kernel is open source. I think the site that hosted the open source files went offline.

Meh it aint coming out tonite, for some reason i keep paincing on apic, and i dont have a older copy of the kext, for some reason it doesnt want to work wen it has to work. It worked earlier today. I have the installer ready to go but i just need to tweak one or two more files in it. JaS if you read this can you PM me on IRC.

David

I got the distinct impression that the purpose of the kext was not to be discussed. Since all older threads on the subject have been deleted. And since this forum is indexed by Google for all of the world to find.

But on a totally different and unrelated subject, possibly off-topic, it seems that artbj likes to publish videos on YouTube...

well, if more programs start to require the new kernel and nobody can hack the new kernel and the efi project doesnt succeed i think it will be over sooner or later :blink:

well played by apple, many people had and still have the possibility to test osx but if they want the "total experience" they have to buy a real mac sooner or later (i bet maxxuss was and still is payed by apple)