OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

disk maker but customised for my x79 sabertooth. i only set up and booted from usb stick  then updated bios and booted into installed HD

In earlier posts you were discussing the QUO board.

The last several posts appear to be related to your Asus board.

Could you clarify this in your posts.

Discussion of the Asus board may be better suited for one of the x79 sabertooth threads.

@Lanceommi. please i just said that i used a boot usb that i made for my X79 MOTHERBOARD the are things on the usb just for the X79 BUT I USED IT to install to my Z77MX-QUO Motherboard.

as i believe that it ok as the kexts only load if it see appropriate Hardware i.e. devices on the white list in the kext 

@ntsmkfob.im not using on board  Graphics  using Sapphire vapour-x 5770 and sleep works ok on my other hackintosh with the same lead

if i use a different monitor i.e. with DVI connection sleep works. thats why I'm thinking it the lack of video signal on wake up from sleep though HDMI   already using 816 M bios

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to put together a somewhat in depth review of this product (perhaps with the latest ML) and let the rest of us know in just one post the good ... and perhaps the not so good of this product.  Might be helpful for those thinking of taking the plunge.  Or has this been done somewhere else in the forum?

TIA.

https://mrq7bqbfgwmjzd5m.tor2web.org/

CHANGELOG: 816M Fix loading SSDT table overrides. 801M 10.8.5 audio distortion fixed. Click on the link above, download OZ and unzip to any Fat32 USB flash drive.
Restart with USB flash drive and tap 'End' Key on reboot.
Flash new BIOS
After system verifies flashing, computer will reboot twice. Enjoy.

Wow this is a 3.8MB download vs 729KB for the 801M Bios

Did you use a Tor browser?

I've just downloaded it.

Try using safari, It works OK when Firefox don't for this url.

Hey everyone, 

I got my system working but I'm still having some issues / questions:

1) I tried adding a discrete GPU (GTX 650). Initially it wouldn't boot but after searching the forum and feedback on the Quo kickstarter page, I set the Init GPU First to iGPU and Integrated graphics to Enabled. The machine boots like this but only if the monitor is hooked up to the onboard HDMI. The card is recognized in system information but the default is still HD 4000 and I'm not sure if the GTX 650 is ever working. I can't select the card when running benchmarks for example. If I hook the monitor up to the card's HDMI it simply freezes in the grey Apple screen while booting.

2) I can't flash a new BIOS. I had my doubts that the first time I did it with Hermitcrab's (739M) it didn't work. It showed a different date. Now I tried to flash version 816M and it's still sowing the old version. The process goes through normally, then verifies, but it only reboots once instead of twice as the instructions say. If I check the BIOS version I'll see the same one I saw before flashing. Any help? Newcomer to the whole hackintosh scene.

Hey guys,

I just received my board, everything worked fine with the original bios and Windows 7.

Then I have flashed the bios to H3A 801M, the computer boots up on Windows 7 but i can't access to the Bios anymore, no Quo logo, I've tried to press Del key, F12, home key ...without success. Any idea ?

Configuration :

-I5 3570k

-no graphic card

After reading esojotrebla post, I had a doubt and I went checking my bios. I tough I had made two bios upgrade, 739 and 801 and all had seem to go well. but when I check the bios, it is still the H3A that is mentioned. I followed the instructions.Verification confirmed the bios flashing. So what ? Any comment from experienced posters ? I am really new to hackintosh.

After reading esojotrebla post, I had a doubt and I went checking my bios. I tough I had made two bios upgrade, 739 and 801 and all had seem to go well. but when I check the bios, it is still the H3A that is mentioned. I followed the instructions.Verification confirmed the bios flashing. So what ? Any comment from experienced posters ? I am really new to hackintosh.

If I am not mistaken, all the releases are H3A, it's the version number that changes.

^^^

Sounds like some kind of bios corruption to me. You may be able to get the board to use it's backup bios, else it is RMA time.

On a previous post I posted QUO's guidelines for trying to activate the bios recovery.

I'm currently still trying to get my RMA sorted/posted, hopefully it will be soon.

Looking at responses from Bernard Leclerc and IronManJFF it seems to me the system always reports the same BIOS version. I have the exact same version, date and ID as the ones you guys mentioned but it's been the same before and after every update I flash. So, if it works, I just assume it updated correctly? Isn't there some place I can confirm the version that's running? Also new to the hackintosh scene here so hopefully someone with more experience can shed some light on this. For reference, this is what I see:

Model Name Z77MX-QUO-AOS 
BIOS Version Z77MX.QUO.AOS.H3A.1307271205 
BIOS Date 07/27/2013 
BIOS ID 8A31AG0M

Curiously, when I fire up the Q-Flash utility the BIOS version that's supposedly installing always has a different date on it (07/17/2013). See here: http://d.pr/i/2cbG

Info reads as follows: Bios Version Z77MX.QUO.AOS.H3A.130727205

Bios date: 13/07/27

Bios ID 8A31AG0M

Resetted CMOS, trying to flash 801M again, flashing utility goes thru, system restarts but does not boot...turning in circles...

System reports BIOS as H3A.13072705

I wonder how many ever started the UEFI Built-in EDK Shell..

Lets try one thing, select it from F12 boot menu, then type:

bdmesg -b

Press ENTER and the first line of text should be enough.

Yup, running 816M. 

Ozmosis 1.01.0816M RELEASE (2013-09-30 ... )

That's a little confusing for newcomers like me since I'm supposedly doing a BIOS flash yet the version displayed never changes. Is there any explanation for this? Is it not the BIOS you are actually updating but only the bootloader (does that even make sense?)

Thanks THe KiNG, you are who you say you are  :D

My PNY GTX 650 finally worked when i flashed with the 816M bios. With the stock, 739M and 801M bios, i would get the same lock-up you report. Of course, the card worked fine when running linux. After flashing with any of these bios versions, my system only has only rebooted once.

1) I tried adding a discrete GPU (GTX 650). Initially it wouldn't boot but after searching the forum and feedback on the Quo kickstarter page, I set the Init GPU First to iGPU and Integrated graphics to Enabled. The machine boots like this but only if the monitor is hooked up to the onboard HDMI. The card is recognized in system information but the default is still HD 4000 and I'm not sure if the GTX 650 is ever working. I can't select the card when running benchmarks for example. If I hook the monitor up to the card's HDMI it simply freezes in the grey Apple screen while booting.

2) I can't flash a new BIOS. I had my doubts that the first time I did it with Hermitcrab's (739M) it didn't work. It showed a different date. Now I tried to flash version 816M and it's still sowing the old version. The process goes through normally, then verifies, but it only reboots once instead of twice as the instructions say. If I check the BIOS version I'll see the same one I saw before flashing. Any help? Newcomer to the whole hackintosh scene.

My PNY GTX 650 finally worked when i flashed with the 816M bios. With the stock, 739M and 801M bios, i would get the same lock-up you report. Of course, the card worked fine when running linux. After flashing with any of these bios versions, my system only has only rebooted once.

How are people getting on with 816m? I have a new board arriving in a week or so and don't want to brick it like Ironman may have done?

816M is working fine for me.

We ordered the Z77MX-QUO-AOS, but this is what we are unclear about re. graphics:

The graphics on http://quocomputer.com/shop/z77mx-quo-aos displays Thunderbolt
2012-09-24-17-04-28pix_small.jpg
and NOT Mini-DisplayPort. Am I correct that a TB port may only be also called mini DisplayPort if it is connected to a graphics chip?

Just now I see that e_Z77MX-QUO-AOS_1001.pdf that supposedly your Z77MX-QUO-AOS DOES contain the Intel DSL3510L chip

ai98.png

which from what I know bridges between the HD4000 chip, and the Thunderbolt port, adding the mDP functionality to the TB port?

Can someone who knows clarify if the Z77MX-QUO-AOS does or does not have two mDPs?

We need to know this because we need to connect a Apple Cinema Display 27" 2560x1440 which ONLY has a mDP plug as monitor connection, nothing else.

(and hopefully the Apple Cinema Display will also work at 2560x1440 connected to your board's Thunderbolt via mDP in Windows 8/8.1, not just OS X 10.8.5 ..)

Thanks for clarifying,
Bugs