OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

wpersin, the boot is from a manager called ozmosis. to access efi partition, open terminal and do:

sudo mkdir /Volumes/EFI

sudo mount_msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI

(disk0s1 needs to be whatever your real efi partition is located. after your edits you need to remove the EFI partition with:)

sudo umount -f /Volumes/EFI

sudo rm -rf /Volumes/EFI

I currently don't have a graphics card and when I plug my monotor (DP) into the motherboard I get no signal until I get into OSX.

Can someone please post some instructions so I can change the bios settings to display IGFX first, while taking into account I will be blind.

Many thanks

Rhys

Psx1.zip is a aml file and dunno what to do with it Pleases explain process .

Nice thoughts  I know a lil from Unbutu re: terminal commands but can not find where file is on hard drive msdos partition does not show from command . Disk Os1 my Disk is labeled MTN LION

mount_msdos is specifying the fat partition being used for EFI. You can use the command diskutil list to check for sure.

The PXS1 file, rename to dsdt.aml and place in /EFI/Quo/Acpi/Load after you manage to mount it.

mount_msdos is specifying the fat partition being used for EFI. You can use the command diskutil list to check for sure.

The PXS1 file, rename to dsdt.aml and place in /EFI/Quo/Acpi/Load after you manage to mount it.

Wrong!

That file was not for him, and does not need to be renamed!

The path is correct thought..

I need to learn quite a lot on this side of things, not a lot of useful documentation to be found concerning this combination of HW and SW.

Welcome to the hackint0sh wolrd, if you like to be served you are at wrong door, if you like to learn amazing things that you wouldn''t even know they exist before, then you are on right place, ask then you will find, if nobody answer, then search...

I went through and put the file in the correct directory on the ESP as mounted by the the process joe75 wrote up, and still no HDMI audio out of the graphics card. I also keep looking through bdmesg after it boots and I don't see any sign of the .aml file actually being read like it does when I boot it with Chameleon.

The DSDT I posted before I think may have been made with MaciASL set to ACPI 4.0 instead of 5.0. I've not had to even use a DSDT until this build because I was fortunate enough to have a rig that worked with two additional kexts.

I don't know if there's something I'm doing wrong here, or what. For now I'm to go back to F3A and load with Chameleon and my DSDT that may be all wrong, but at least works.

The overwrites in /EFI/Quo/Acpi/Load will affect ALL installed OS'es, not just OS X, right?

Does OZ bootloader support partition specific overwrites, in let's say OS X partition /EFI/Quo/Acpi/Load or even Windows partition /EFI/Quo/Acpi/Load?

(all very interesting, indeed :) )

I don't know if there's something I'm doing wrong here, or what. For now I'm to go back to F3A and load with Chameleon and my DSDT that may be all wrong, but at least works.

I don't know what you are doing wrong, you are not providing any debug information/dumps, if is too hard for you to provide an ioreg & bdmesg dump then use whatever suits/works for you in an easier way, simple as that.

So you know, is easier for me to not lose my time trying to help people, that can work for me...

• Like 2

@ jcarnell: how about keeping OZ, boot into let's say a synced MBR/GPT hybrid partition w/ Grub4DOS, and chainload Chameleon? The best of both worlds.

(In case OZ cannot boot into a MBR partition, Grub 2 on a GPT partition can be used, too, to chainload Chameleon)

Quo MB Z77MX-QUO- AOS    &  H3A.816M ROM

Oz boot to osx 10.8.5 still no solution to get Asus EAH5450 working all kexts were edited to conform with correct ID but still no go. The card is seen when bios is set to IGP and not auto will start to boot at apple  logo then 5secs poof back to reboot with hdmi plugged into card . Pluging back into internal Hdmi and rebooting brings me back to intel graphics 4000 with video and audio working 100% . Wish I could find someone that can tell me what Graphics Cards work with this setup. Where is Izztech ?

Wish I could find someone that can tell me what Graphics Cards work with this setup.

Didi you heard of google?

You got unsupported graphics card(by the OS) and want it to work OOTB, are you serious?

And is the motherboard fault?

And you are the pissed one...

I tthink you are making just noise/bad image, I fail to see what can give in plus HD5450 over HD4000 that you have oboard(CPU).

For now on I wont reply to those that does not have full system specs in signature and does not provide debug information, for example DarwinDumper from here https://bitbucket.org/blackosx/darwindumper/downloads (latest version recommended).

• Like 2

Wpersin, this is strange: the 5450 is supported - not OOB, though, thus you need to edit a couple of kexts with your device ID - and it's rather easy to get to work. I think you should perhaps reinstall the edited kexts, rebuild the caches (sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions and diskutil repairPermissions /) and then try to reboot with the monitor connected to the card. The QUO motherboard, AFAIK, should work like any other UEFI board, and i used my 5450 with my H77-DS3H without a single issue (after making the needed edits) booting with Clover UEFI, so this seems more like an operator error than anything. Good luck!

I went through and put the file in the correct directory on the ESP as mounted by the the process joe75 wrote up, and still no HDMI audio out of the graphics card. I also keep looking through bdmesg after it boots and I don't see any sign of the .aml file actually being read like it does when I boot it with Chameleon.

The DSDT I posted before I think may have been made with MaciASL set to ACPI 4.0 instead of 5.0. I've not had to even use a DSDT until this build because I was fortunate enough to have a rig that worked with two additional kexts.

Earlier you mentioned the EFI partition as being FAT16, it should be FAT32. 

I am not upset at all here (King) just trying to learn if it is a procedural thing here like have card in place then load os onto system. I believe boot hang due to efi bios set to yes for internal graphics enabler should be set to no but have not been able to get to it as the -f  command is not recognised. Many people have reported getting this same card working using the kext edits and 2-3 versions of this since 10.8.2 has been updated to 10.8.5. So attitude will blind all constraints if you let it. Also, some have reported using DSDT with ##### to get working dunno on their installs if card was put in later. As to dumps and such if you can not get to the file structure only the directory structure what is to see? I tried ##### and repair permissions still no go I have a DSDT free install. Thanks. If your time is pressing choose quality not quantity it lasts forever.

The (connactic) all bootloaders are in the efi file does not state which , will investigate further thanks for some direction.

Ok like I suspected it was in boot area on efi. I put card in and turned off intel IGP,set pcie and put in eah 5450 PCIE card and booted to install ; reinstalled 10.8.2 and video card works lower resolution and not full Sony 40" screen will see if 10.8.5 changes anything  . Will check audio after update to 10.8.5. . Quo install video for win 8 leaves pcie video card out at setup this confuses people as os sets permissions from start.

• Like 1

Didi you heard of google?

You got unsupported graphics card(by the OS) and want it to work OOTB, are you serious?

And is the motherboard fault?

And you are the pissed one...

I tthink you are making just noise/bad image, I fail to see what can give in plus HD5450 over HD4000 that you have oboard(CPU).

For now on I wont reply to those that does not have full system specs in signature and does not provide debug information, for example DarwinDumper from here https://bitbucket.org/blackosx/darwindumper/downloads (latest version recommended).

As it should be. 

5450 is better and intel graphics are junk

and not for nothing, installing a graphics card shouldn't be this kind of problem for any board

Might as well just use intel graphics. They work well imo.

If you want to do more graphics intensive work, then upgrade that card as it's slow as hell.

But yes, this hackintosh board is not idiot proof, such as life with hackintosh's from my experience.

Personally I think I'll just get a mac when I upgrade.

on the ESP (EFI System Partition):

copy .aml files (overriding any of the board's .AML) to

/Efi/Quo/Acpi/Load

copy kexts to:

/Efi/Quo/Darwin/Extensions/Common

or (not preferred because it might be unclear to some)

copy .aml files (overriding any of the board's .AML) to

/Volumes/EFI/Efi/Quo/Acpi/Load

copy kexts to:

/Volumes/EFI/Efi/Quo/Darwin/Extensions/Common

thanks to joe75 and modbin for final clarifications!

I might have to agree with The KiNG. The integrated HD4000 is reasonably better than the 5450. Ive seen a chart, Ill look it up.

.. and pears are better than apples ..

How about remembering that there are (at least) two three versions of the ATI 5450 HD, w/ 0.5, 1, and 2 GB RAM (not even mentioning mobile vs. Desktop in this context)? And that maybe the 512MB versions performs generally worse, and the 1 and 2 GB editions generally better than the Intel HD4000?

That in mind, it would be great if in general there was less subjective speculation, but instead more link-supported input here to begin with, because diligent homework is a great basis for quality postings .. ;)

So then, yes, both of you are more then welcome to substantiate your opinions with links to comparative bench tests ..

• Like 3

and not for nothing, installing a graphics card shouldn't be this kind of problem for any board

Dunno why lately we disagree so much, but here is my opinion, or what I meant...

If I would build a computer and have to chose for low cost parts but this board and HD 5450 then for nothing in the world I wont get a cpu with HD4000, I would get a celeron or at best an i3 without built in graphics, or, if I would get the cpu with the HD4000 I wont get the HD5450 b/c is pointless, the performance increase is minimal and does not explain the money spent and headache to get it working since is not a good card for hack, this I think explain why I was suspicious...

From my pov HD4000 is not junk, as long it can drive my work display @ 1920x1200 and my tv @ 1920x1080  and serve me for daily basic, my HD5870 is collectig dust since I dont do games at all, also helps me save power. ;)

Installing a graphic card is not an issue at all, but require user to get out from brainless area and think...

Why?

Because at first they have to chose a card and for that to use google and find a compatible card that will work at best withouth user edits if possible, there are plenty of examples here on this forum or other, they just have to chose one.

Second, They need to decide if they want multiple monitor setup or just want to use discrete graphics card they got. Why this? Because multiple monitor setup means they have to enable integrated graphics (IGPU) and set it on init display first. If they want only discrete graphics card then is best to let everything on auto as is on default on BIOS, or set IGPU to disabled.

Third, Issues based on UEFI and discrete graphics VBIOS:

Especial newer graphics cards, ie nVidia 7xxx comes with UEFI VBIOS, in most cases is at best in beta stage(read {censored}) vendors make efforst to update their  cards with newer versions bla bla...

If your card refuse to post you can do only one thing, on BIOS:   BIOS Features/Display Boot Option ROM Control set to Legacy Only, yes, you need to do this booting w/o graphics card in using IGPU.

As you can see installing a card is not a problem, is not even board specific is same for all UEFI boards, but they need to think...

• Like 2

That's a great example of people disagreeing while having each one quite valid points.

P.S.: King, i know it's probably not your role here, but since you're online and posting, do you know of any plans from Quo Computers to release a LGA 1150 motherboard for Haswell CPUs?

That's a great example of people disagreeing while having each one quite valid points.

P.S.: King, i know it's probably not your role here, but since you're online and posting, do you know of any plans from Quo Computers to release a LGA 1150 motherboard for Haswell CPUs?

Sorry to dissapoint you, but I am not QUO ambassador/speaker, you will have to ask them.

• Like 1