OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I was wondering, what would you all think of a Discord group for help and questions about our Motherboard?

Basically what we already have here on the forum, but better for quicker responses, pinning important messages and files, sharing smbios templates, posting images, etc.

Obviously it's not necessary, but I thought it might be a bit "simpler" and "faster". I've been thinking about this for a couple of weeks...

Hope you're all okay :P

Not against it

Not for it either

Having mixed toughts on it .. there is so few of us that multiplying channels might be diluting ..at the same time this thread as become ridicoulsy long. Trying to find relevant info in a 175 pages thread is not efficient either.

With almost everyone moving to OpenCore, maybe we should close this thread and open a brand new one for OpenCore on Z77MX-QUO-AOS.

I actually never intended the Migrating from Oz to OC to become a support thread ..it was supposed to be a Guide and helping people migrate.

Also thinking about moving my utilities to GitHub instead of my Dropbox

• Like 2

On 6/18/2020 at 3:49 PM, IronManJFF said:

Not against it

Not for it either

Having mixed toughts on it .. there is so few of us that multiplying channels might be diluting ..at the same time this thread as become ridicoulsy long. Trying to find relevant info in a 175 pages thread is not efficient either.

With almost everyone moving to OpenCore, maybe we should close this thread and open a brand new one for OpenCore on Z77MX-QUO-AOS.

I actually never intended the Migrating from Oz to OC to become a support thread ..it was supposed to be a Guide and helping people migrate.

Also thinking about moving my utilities to GitHub instead of my Dropbox

Hey IronMan! Hope your well brotha! Can you send me your OpenCore migration instructions? 

Thank you!

EDIT : NM FOUND IT! 

Edited by dwdrummer0

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/10/2020 at 7:19 PM, valiant said:

Hmm. OK. I have a similar adapter (although I don't know what card I have in it) but slot 4 doesn't work for me at all, I didn't know about slot 4 slowing down slot 1. The ribbon sounds interesting. Would it be possible to post a photo of the ribbon setup? I've never seen that arrangement.

Thanks.

Hi all. Just a quick feedback about this ribbon. I found another device, way better than the one I had: su-uex105 PCI-E Riser. It allows the connection of two pciex4 size cards to the pciex1 port located underneath the graphic card. I use it to connect two devices ( in my signature ).

711ONccMrPL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@IronManJFF

Hello 

Would u be able to help me out? 

I mess up my quo aos bios i had stable instalation of high sierra with bios i forgot to backup. 

Recently ive updated HS  to newest verson as i wanted to upgrade do Catalina.

my main ssd with system is fs1: 

and i have cloned it to another ssd in case i mess something out. 

Now i have disconnected all my othere hdds and have connected just one main 2T ssd in fs1

Neather of my ssd want to bot. 

What bios should i use to make it working again? 

does it have to do with bcfg comman?

Spoiler

1.jpg

Spoiler

2.jpg

Spoiler

3.jpg

Spoiler

4.jpg

Spoiler

5.jpg

Spoiler

6.jpg

Spoiler

7.jpg

Spoiler

8.jpg

On 11/12/2020 at 7:36 AM, IronManJFF said:

Updated for 0.6.3

OC numbering beginning to sound like Snow Leopard 

Edited by STLVNUB

You were still on Ozmosis .. correct ?

You updated High Sierra to 10.3.6 (nothing after that.. yes I know you will want to go Catalina), correct ?

If so , your Defaults.plist and its enclosing Oz folder were left on the disk that was fs0: when it was connected. 

Without Defaults.plist Ozmosis will revert to MacPro3,1 )if using firmware I was publishing) and MacPro3,1 can not boot High Sierra

What is the content of the EFI folder that is now fs0:

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

You were still on Ozmosis .. correct ?

You updated High Sierra to 10.3.6 (nothing after that.. yes I know you will want to go Catalina), correct ?

If so , your Defaults.plist and its enclosing Oz folder were left on the disk that was fs0: when it was connected. 

Without Defaults.plist Ozmosis will revert to MacPro3,1 )if using firmware I was publishing) and MacPro3,1 can not boot High Sierra

What is the content of the EFI folder that is now fs0:

Hello

ive been referred to another your topic where i posted my problem.

Got a bit frustrated and wipe out ssd and start fresh. 

• 7 months later...

Hi guys, hope you are all well!

I've had some problems with my PC this week and can't boot MacOS at the moment, my graphics card died, and for some reason my BIOS got corrupted, so I had to reflash it.

Right now, if I try and boot MacOS (Big Sur, no changes to any of the drives and Intel graphics), I get a message: Halting on critical error.

Is this due to requiring some config changes when not having a graphics card?

Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, Casm101 said:

Hi guys, hope you are all well!

I've had some problems with my PC this week and can't boot MacOS at the moment, my graphics card died, and for some reason my BIOS got corrupted, so I had to reflash it.

Right now, if I try and boot MacOS (Big Sur, no changes to any of the drives and Intel graphics), I get a message: Halting on critical error.

Is this due to requiring some config changes when not having a graphics card?

Thanks in advance!

Ensure that in your config.plist Misc -> Secuirty -> SecureBootModel is set to Disabled

Source: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/troubleshooting/extended/opencore-issues.html#oc-failed-to-find-sb-model-disable-halting-on-critical-error

• 2 years later...

Hello, I hope someone is still reading this thread.

I am still using this mobo for making music. I like old Logic 9 and see no reason for me to upgrade to a never Logic so I have stayed on Mountain lion. I mean I am old (70) and a total amateur so it´s good enough for me.

Now I am going totally retro and I want to be able to use a 10 channel mixer and an old Delta 1010 Pci soundcard and record real instruments and amps instead of plugins and use Logic pretty much as an old multitrack tape recorder.

I have bought a Pci to Pcie card and it looks it works but I cannot for the life of me figure out how I enter the command so the Envy24 driver loads. The command for that should be himemory_mode=2 and is easy entered in to a ML hackintosh startup sequence but with this mobo since it works pretty much as a real mac from that time I cannot figure out how to make it happen. This old mind is starting to run a bit slow I am afraid.

I still have all my old mobos I have been running as hackintoshes so I already do this on one of them but it would be so supercool to be able to use even this mobo for recording music with.

HELP lol.

Thanks hope someone can help

• 2 weeks later...

Here it is up running again after 14 or so years. Someone said it was a Bios problem but hell no it was not the problem. If you like it or give a ...... I just do not care. Take care now

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

Glad you have it working again.

I still use mine to practice songs using BandHelper.

Which component was defective ?

Thanks, I am not sure to be honest the components are so small I could not even see where or what he did. I am totally lost when it comes to electronics but he posts the repairs on his youtube channel so I was going to wait and watch the video. I was just so superglad it got fixed, it has been just laying in the box for over 10 years I think. Sadly it broke again so I send it back and will give it another go and see if he can get it fixed again. My other AOS mobo works just superfine. I use it for recording music in Logic 9.

Since it works so good I want to use it as my main rig but with an old 10 channel M-Audio Delta 1010 PCI soundcard. I am moving away from amp sims and plugins to use real amps and mics and real instruments. I have not yet figured out how to make it boot up with the the command himemory_mode=2 without the chameleon bootloader though. I am not sure how to do that so please help me if you can lol. I hope the Delta card will work with a Pcie to PCI riser card if I can make the envy24 kext load.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2024 at 5:57 PM, IronManJFF said:

Glad you have it working again.

I still use mine to practice songs using BandHelper.

Which component was defective ?

Thanks but sadly it broke again and it is unclear what the problem is. I send it back to Germany one more time so the repair guy could take another look at it. When he got it for some strange reason it worked again so he send it back to me one more time. He emailed me a video of it up running. I just picked it up today and tried to fire it up but it did not work so I am scrapping it now or at least put it back on the shelf and forget about it. This is the most strange computer problem I have encountered in my whole life. I am 70 and have building my computers since the mid 1980 ies and at the moment I have like 6 "normal" hackintoshes.