HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

otherwise it should not help, then we need to modify various plugins under IOUSBFamily.kext with your Ven-ID and Dev -ID

I think it is secondary what is installed in the USB stick, try

Should clover be installer on the other stick?

Unfortunately I do not have another USB stick, I broke it in anger :(

I think it is similar as if you do not pay attention in school and suddenly comes to her teacher is giving you a slap, then you are fully awake, so :jester:

now, can you boot?

can you tell us something? :superman:

Should clover be installer on the other stick?

Unfortunately I do not have another USB stick, I broke it in anger :(

oh_{censored} that I've read about, go to your neighbor and borrow one

Please make an attempt if you not have a USB stick. take any other USB hardware as USB mouse or keyboard

I think it needs any one input

see here #967

Edited by spakk

I tried slapping the computer. But the damn_thing refuses to wake up :wallbash:

I had an external HDD with me, so I plugged that in after I saw the first "still waiting for root device" message. Did not work.

I then unplugged my actual installer and replugged it but that again did not work.

I am going to stop before I break everything around me... I am fairly sick of all this, it has been going on for just too long..... :(

I tried slapping the computer. But the damn_thing refuses to wake up :wallbash:

I had an external HDD with me, so I plugged that in after I saw the first "still waiting for root device" message. Did not work.

I then unplugged my actual installer and replugged it but that again did not work.

I am going to stop before I break everything around me... I am fairly sick of all this, it has been going on for just too long..... :(

not unplugged your installer, that makes no sense! find a usb stick then i hope it should work

upload your dsdt, let's see if we can modify that

who has an idea to help our friends from India to an executable mountain lion :wink2:

is there information on the modification of IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext? if yes please with link :wink2: :king:

Edited by spakk

I've posted this a couple of times in a couple of different places and haven't really gotten an answer one way or the other. I'm currently using:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition CPU

Asus M4A78 Plus Motherboard

XFX Radeon 4890 1 GB Graphics Card

6 Gigs of RAM

Everything works perfectly except for 3D gaming/Cinebench. Cinebench gives me the "red pixel error" and the 3D games that I've tried (World of Warcraft) will load but vast areas of the screen are black.

I've used the current QE/CI kexts and my graphics card is recognized as being a 4890.

Thoughts?

not unplugged your installer, that makes no sense! find a usb stick then i hope it should work

upload your dsdt, let's see if we can modify that

who has an idea to help our friends from India to an executable mountain lion :wink2:

is there information on the modification of IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext? if yes please with link :wink2: :king:

I am not using any dsdt as of now. Guys here told me to leave that for post-installation.

Right now all I have done is

1. Used myHack to make my USB

2. Put in amd_kernel

3. Deleted ati6000 kext

4. Put in your patched rtc kext (only that, I have not copied in the rest)

5. Followed this link http://blog.yerkania...-mountain-lion/ for resolving root device issue

I did plug in an external WD HDD - I am assuming it is the same as putting a usb stick in.

Attaching my dsdt anyway. Should I put that in, modify my chameleon boot plist to see if it helps.

DSDT.aml.zip

I've posted this a couple of times in a couple of different places and haven't really gotten an answer one way or the other. I'm currently using:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition CPU

Asus M4A78 Plus Motherboard

XFX Radeon 4890 1 GB Graphics Card

6 Gigs of RAM

Everything works perfectly except for 3D gaming/Cinebench. Cinebench gives me the "red pixel error" and the 3D games that I've tried (World of Warcraft) will load but vast areas of the screen are black.

I've used the current QE/CI kexts and my graphics card is recognized as being a 4890.

Thoughts?

Puckmarin, I answered once, this going to be the second time I do it: There is no known solution yet for the issue.

Anyway, pm Bitcore: he has the same card and reports zero issues.

All the best!

I am not using any dsdt as of now. Guys here told me to leave that for post-installation. I think they have quite possibly

Right now all I have done is

1. Used myHack to make my USB

2. Put in amd_kernel

3. Deleted ati6000 kext

4. Put in your patched rtc kext (only that, I have not copied in the rest)

5. Followed this link http://blog.yerkania...-mountain-lion/ for resolving root device issue

I did plug in an external WD HDD - I am assuming it is the same as putting a usb stick in.

Attaching my dsdt anyway. Should I put that in, modify my chameleon boot plist to see if it helps.

I suppose that your USB stick is as disk0s1, boot with:

rd=disk0s1 (please than type here your boot flag , for example: rd=disk0s1 npci=0x3000 ......... )

Hello Guys,

I'm ready for ML test and with myhack I'm creating a installer flash drive.

Which kernel for 10.8.0 should I put the root and which bootflag should I use?

Thanks

target volume...

Puckmarin, I answered once, this going to be the second time I do it: <b>There is no known solution yet for the issue</b>.

Anyway, pm Bitcore: he has the same card and reports zero issues.

All the best!

I fixed that issue by booting the RC8 kernel in 32 bit. No more red pixel issue :)

***EDIT*** Sorry guys, jumped the gun on that one. I am running 10.7.5, so I don't know if any of the 10.8 kernels are the same way. I just know that if I boot into 64 bit with the RC8 kernel, I get a red pixel issue, and if I boot into 32 bit, it goes away and all of my 3D games and whatnot work perfectly. He doesn't say what OS he's using, but I just thought I'd clarify my "solution".

• Like 1

I fixed that issue by booting the RC8 kernel in 32 bit. No more red pixel issue :)

***EDIT*** Sorry guys, jumped the gun on that one. I am running 10.7.5, so I don't know if any of the 10.8 kernels are the same way. I just know that if I boot into 64 bit with the RC8 kernel, I get a red pixel issue, and if I boot into 32 bit, it goes away and all of my 3D games and whatnot work perfectly. He doesn't say what OS he's using, but I just thought I'd clarify my "solution".

did that fix your QT problem?

it was just an example, please check rd=diskXsY your USB stick

Tried disk0s1 disk0s2 disk1s1 disk1s2

On my virtual box,I hit diskutil list and the identifier for my USB stick was /dev/disk1s1

But in all the above options it kept rebooting

Tried disk0s1 disk0s2 disk1s1 disk1s2

On my virtual box,I hit diskutil list and the identifier for my USB stick was /dev/disk1s1

But in all the above options it kept rebooting

To install an osx in a real HDD, I only use Virtualbox. No need for usb stick or DVD. If you want, I can help you.

The idea using Virtualbox is that everybody has the same platform (motherboard), but different cpu.

So, you can find a working kernel and boot flags. Once done that, you can work on your system with real physical boot.

• Like 1

I am using a Virtualbox in Linux system with various OSes. All MBR and grub2 bootloader for physical booting.

I am always using Vitualbox to install a new OS, then restore to a physical system. So, it will work 100%.

I done this hundreds times.

To work with OSX, one working OSX virtual machine is needed. Then, everything is a piece of cake for installing an OSX.

Here we go, the first howto.

Making a working baseline Snow Leopard 10.6.1/2 using Virtualbox.

1. Howto is here: http://rile5.com/topic/14557-how-to-run-mac-os-x-snow-leopard-on-virtualbox/

There is a link to download SL install iso.

2. Make a virtual machine with one SATA virtual disk; using a default setting for OSX,but do not enable an EFI.

3 Attach an SL install iso to CD/DVD IDE controller.

4, Boot and press F8 to get a consile, type "cpus=1 busratio=xx -f -v" where xx is the number of busratio of system.

Otherwise, KP.

*** Note ***

if you still get KP, then cpu is not compatible. you need a different type install media.

Sometimes, if cores are enabled for X2 or OC, it may cause trouble, so try to disable it.

5. Using disk util, make a disk MBR and make a partition.

6. In Cutumize, select "legacy-kernel", "AppleRTC", "AHCI fix", "IOATA fix", "Fake" and "AMD".

7. Install it. SL will not restart in Virtualbox, so simply power down.

8. Unmount an install iso.

9. Power on, Using TAB key, get a console boot.

10. Type "cpus=1 busration=xx -f -v" to boot a SL.

11. This works 100% if a cpu is cpmpatible.

For me, it takes about 30 min or less to finish installation.

After done this, let me know. I will help you with next tips.

@dkechoi

I am sorry but my machine hung and I could not post before your reply.

I already have 10.6.8 running on virtual box, it works fine. I got no problems installing it :)

But I was never once successful in installing 10.8.2 on my vb, it always got to installation, says 20 minutes to install and hangs for an hour before I eventually kill the vb.

I am running linux (fuduntu) too, so how should one put a 10.8.2 on a physical partition (I have a 100 gb gparted formated hfs+ partition ready) using 10.6.8 on a virtual box?

@dkechoi

I am sorry but my machine hung and I could not post before your reply.

I already have 10.6.8 running on virtual box, it works fine. I got no problems installing it :)

But I was never once successful in installing 10.8.2 on my vb, it always got to installation, says 20 minutes to install and hangs for an hour before I eventually kill the vb.

I am running linux (fuduntu) too, so how should one put a 10.8.2 on a physical partition (I have a 100 gb gparted formated hfs+ partition ready) using 10.6.8 on a virtual box?

That is good. I think you better install it to virtual disk first if you have enough space in linux system.

I used a 10.8.3 Apple InstallESD. This way you could have a clean system. For me, nothing is needed except kernel replacement. just straight boot into 10.8.3 in Virtualbox.

But, this method needs more work.

But you can start with whatever you have right now.

What is your install distro?

And where is it? In linux or Snow virtual disk ?