HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

Changed the name PCE2 to PEGP

search for duckweed, or 6870, you'll see a chunk of code...starting with Device GFX0 or something along those lines and ending with a HDAU, so if you search in ioreg PEGP or HDAU or Display you will see those devices...

Another thing, if you have your original applehda.kext that came with whatever version of OS X you are running (SL, Lion or ML), and if your computer is connected to TV or other display that has audio using an HDMI cable, you might be able to get audio...

Edit: Let me see your system info...

Edit: You are welcome, and thank you for the dsdt, it was a challenge and now I have more respect for DSDTs....I just assumed they would be similar but because you are using a gigabyte board it is different from the asus boards I have edited DSDTs for...

Edited by clemj06

Changed the name PCE2 to PEGP

But... ¿ how did you know you had to change the name?

Another thing, if you have your original applehda.kext that came with whatever version of OS X you are running (SL, Lion or ML), and if your computer is connected to TV or other display that has audio using an HDMI cable, you might be able to get audio...

I cant test the HDMI audio righ now.

Edit: Let me see your system info...

¿The Graphics part?

• Like 1

Delete the ati6000.kext, once you do that the installer will load up guaranteed...use the flags that got you to the white screen and add -f

I got rid of ati6000 kext and the first set of flags I tried were:

amd_kernel npci=0x3000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v -f

Look at the attached images, I got to the installer screen :)

But neither my keyboard nor mouse was responsive. It just hung on that screen for 10 minutes.

But what is worse is, I cold booted and tried the same set of flags and this time I got stuck at "root device"

How can the same flags with the same USB not work the second time? It is really frustrating that I am not even able to replay my successful flags more than once.

Badly need help :(

post-1149290-0-55886600-1366098688_thumb.jpg

post-1149290-0-59492000-1366098699_thumb.jpg

I got rid of ati6000 kext and the first set of flags I tried were:

Look at the attached images, I got to the installer screen :)

But neither my keyboard nor mouse was responsive. It just hung on that screen for 10 minutes.

But what is worse is, I cold booted and tried the same set of flags and this time I got stuck at "root device"

How can the same flags with the same USB not work the second time? It is really frustrating that I am not even able to replay my successful flags more than once.

Badly need help :(

Try to boot whitout USBBusFix=Yes.

@theconnactic

I do have a USB mouse and keyboard that is connected

@ptp, @clemj06

Here are more flags that I tried

amd_kernel npci=0x3000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v -f -x

amd_kernel npci=0x3000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v -x

amd_kernel npci=0x3000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes PCIRootUID=0 -v -f

amd_kernel npci=0x3000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes PCIRootUID=0 -v

amd_kernel npci=0x3000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -v -f

amd_kernel npci=0x2000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v -x

Every time I got stuck at root device.

So once again I tried my working combination

And this time I got this (screenie attached)

What really gets to me is the fact that what set works once does not work the very next minute - is it that flaky? I almost feel like it works only once a day :(

@ptp

Will try the following and let you know

amd_kernel npci=0x3000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -f

EDIT

@ptp

If I dont give USBBusFix=Yes I get stuck at RTC : Only Single RAM Bank (Photo0093)

@theconnactic

Enabled USB, mouse, drive in BIOS (Photo0092)

post-1149290-0-11045300-1366100844_thumb.jpg

post-1149290-0-81880000-1366101391_thumb.jpg

post-1149290-0-54218600-1366101406_thumb.jpg

pfff... I dont know.

Try amd_kernel npci=0x3000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes UseKernelCache=No -v

if that dont work check this:

http://blog.yerkania...-mountain-lion/

Edit: or try another mouse , or update your BIOS.

Your case is very weird , shouldn't cost so much to get to the installer, you have tried almost all combinations of kernel flags :lol:

I still have not tried that link you gave me, would that help?

Nor have I tried the above zip.

Once again, just to clarify - if I add/modify kexts, should I run myFix or should I use -f or should I use UseKernelCache=No?

Did not help - tried with UseKernelCache and without.

Going to try that web site fix now.

That also failed. Great :(

So now assuming I got to get to lion is the methodology the same - run myHack and prepare a 10.7 installer and proceed as usual right?

Can I use the same amd_kernel? Can you please outline the steps so that I can try too (got to get a new stick though!!)

You tried this?

If that dont work , i suggest to try whit Lion.

Hello people!

I've just done a test. I simulated the problem waiting for root device .... Then I connected a USB stick, a short time later (about 30 seconds) was the problem with waiting for root device .... Fixed!

Please test whether they can also help the problem with waiting for root device .... to bypass :help:

Edit:

after the successful boot, you should seek the real cause and fix the problem, there may be various causes, dsdt-file or wrong bios boot order or you must modify the IOUSBFamily.kext with your hardware device ID / vendor ID

Edited by spakk

spakk,

I have also put in your patched rtc kext but I still get the root device problem.

I want to understand what you are saying - so after you get the root device problem, you remove the usb installer and put it into another slot or do you plug in another stick into another slot? Please clarify :)

Hello people!

I've just done a test. I simulated the problem waiting for root device .... Then I connected a USB stick, a short time later (about 30 seconds) was the problem with waiting for root device .... Fixed!

Please test whether they can also help the problem with waiting for root device .... to bypass :help:

in the USB flash drive I have installed clover but not boot it. only the problem with waiting for root device .... to bypassed

God luck!

spakk,

I have also put in your patched rtc kext but I still get the root device problem.

I want to understand what you are saying - so after you get the root device problem, you remove the usb installer and put it into another slot or do you plug in another stick into another slot? Please clarify :)

Insert another stick, not where they have mountain lion installer.

please take the other stick by clover have installed and plug the USB into the slot when it comes during this error / Note

Not delete USB installer!!

Procedure!

start mountain Lion from USB stick ..OK!

when the Problem with waiting for root device .... appears then please put the other stick in the other USB slot, then wait a short time then the boot process should continue

I hope this will work away for you

sory for my bad english :king: