HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

Hi!)) help me please! i've a problem with my card.

ASUS EAH6670/DIS/1GD5

in Lion works great, but it's one problem - don't have full openGL, games not working maximum working framework is - 1.4

Are any kexts maybe or bundles needed for it?

Ioreg:

~ admin$ ioreg | grep ATY

| | | | +-o ATY,Pithecia@0 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002b4, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (433 ms), retain 7>

| | | | +-o ATY,Pithecia@1 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002b5, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (5 ms), retain 7>

| | | | +-o ATY,Pithecia@2 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002b6, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (6 ms), retain 7>

~ admin$

@cannon_dt,

I do not think your hard drive is set to ahci...when I set mine to ahci the boot device shows it as IDE not SATA...

Edit: Even with mine set to IDE instead of AHCI, it still boots into the installer...

@sabag,

yes running windows

2co32aq.jpg

Your card is compatible...

Show me your bios settings, make sure they look similar to this post here

What installation method are you using? Currently your best option is Lion 10.7.4 or 10.7.5...As they do not have as many graphical issues as Mountain Lion

post-1122366-0-96504000-1366043767_thumb.png

Edited by clemj06

You only copied fakesmc right? delete it and reboot and see what happens...

I just deleted fakesmc on my installation disk and my system still booted into the installer..

Try with these flags before and after you delete fakesmc.kext:

amd_kernel npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No arch=x86_64 USBBusFix=Yes -v

Ok, will do that now but I need to use -f right in order to actually ensure that the kext deletion is taken into account?

Also I see that you have added USBBusFix - so in summary

Before deletion:

1. amd_kernel npci=0x2000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v -f

After deletion

2. amd_kernel npci=0x3000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v -f

Yes, use it once, if it hangs again reboot and remove -f from the flags and tell me what happens

Edit: do not forget, test it before you delete the fakesmc and after you delete it

Edited by clemj06

Before deletion

Test 1 : amd_kernel arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v -f

Test 2 : amd_kernel arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v

In both cases I got till "still waiting for root device"

Images attached, please let me know if I should proceed to delete fakesmc and try or after seeing the image if you need me to do anything else

Also if you want me to proceed with deletion then I got to try both 0x3000 and 0x2000 right?

post-1149290-0-06254300-1366046719_thumb.jpg

post-1149290-0-82607600-1366046731_thumb.jpg

Hi!)) help me please! i've a problem with my card.

ASUS EAH6670/DIS/1GD5

in Lion works great, but it's one problem - don't have full openGL, games not working maximum working framework is - 1.4

Are any kexts maybe or bundles needed for it?

Ioreg:

~ admin$ ioreg | grep ATY

| | | | +-o ATY,Pithecia@0 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002b4, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (433 ms), retain 7>

| | | | +-o ATY,Pithecia@1 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002b5, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (5 ms), retain 7>

| | | | +-o ATY,Pithecia@2 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002b6, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (6 ms), retain 7>

~ admin$

:)

http://osx86.transformnews.com/radeon-sapphire-hd-6670-1gb-gddr5-on-lion-10-7-4/

;)

try with npci=0x3000 before the deletion

Try with pcirootuid as well

Edit: PCIRootUID=0

I need some help, I can get my desktop to sleep but when it wakes up the usb ports do not work...

Edited by clemj06

I saw your post just now, I had proceeded with my deletion tests:

Strange this are occurring:

After deletion I first tried the following:

2. amd_kernel npci=0x2000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v

In both cases I got the "still waiting for root device"

The I went with thebelow:

amd_kernel npci=0x3000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v

Once again - "still waiting for root device"

Then I did

amd_kernel npci=0x3000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v -f

And this time I got to a white screen but did not proceed (you can see the multi colored wheel at the top left corner) beyond that and my mouse seemed to be stuck (like the last time I got to the installer)

So I rebooted and once again tried the above and this time I ended at "still waiting for root device"

What is happening clemj06? I am just short of banging my head against the wall :wallbash:

EDIT:

Tried with PCIRootUID=0 and 1.

With this set : amd_kernel npci=0x3000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v -f PCIRootUID=1 I once again got to the white screen which just stared at me for more than 20 minutes.

More :wallbash:

I dont think the hackintosh is meant to be. :(

post-1149290-0-23454900-1366050395_thumb.jpg

post-1149290-0-98959500-1366050407_thumb.jpg

You did say you deleted the ati6000.kext right? The mouse thing was a good sign, the white screen is usually because of the ati6000.kext

Try: amd_kernel npci=0x3000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v -f

amd_kernel npci=0x3000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v

amd_kernel npci=0x2000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v -f

amd_kernel npci=0x2000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v

amd_kernel npci=0x3000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes PCIRootUID=0 -v

amd_kernel npci=0x3000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -v

amd_kernel npci=0x2000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes PCIRootUID=0 -v

amd_kernel npci=0x2000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -v

• Like 1

Tried with PCIRootUID=0 and 1.

With this set : amd_kernel npci=0x3000 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v -f PCIRootUID=1 I once again got to the white screen which just stared at me for more than 20 minutes.

You're almost there. Use also GraphicsEnabler=No, or GraphicsEnabler=No -x: -x means safe boot.

Good luck!

@clemj06

Nope, I never deleted that kext, left it as the fresh instructions from theconnactic did not include that. I am good at following instructions :)

Delete it now?

@theconnactic

AM I? How come I am not able to get the same thing working again? What set of flags work once to give me a result does not work the next time - why is that? It cannot be luck (maybe destiny!)....

Awwwww.... my head hurts :wallbash:

Delete the ati6000.kext, once you do that the installer will load up guaranteed...use the flags that got you to the white screen and add -f

Edited by clemj06

@theconnactic,

I need help, sleep issues in Lion, it goes to sleep but when it resumes the usb ports do not work, even when I unplug a device such as the mouse and plug it back in...

:wallbash:

@ptp,

What is wrong?

Thanks guys.

@ptp

No need to bang your head on my behalf :)

Going to see this through, no matter the bruises

@clemj06

I will delete the kext and do all the flags in your post..... tomorrow..... and report back..... Head and eyes not functional now :)

@ptp here are the graphics issues I have...

If i try play the thumbnails they have graphics issues as well, green pixels and all but if I play the actual video in QT or VLC, it is fine

You could try to change the framebuffer.

Also , im trying to add my graphics to the DSDT following this guide: http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/guides/inject-your-amdati-graphic-card-into-a-dsdt/

but the only thing i get is kernel panic.

theconnactic ¿ You have experience editing DSDT'S?

I am using duckweed as a framebuffer, it worked perfect in SL...

I am alright with dsdt editing, when I get the chance I could help you with yours...I used the same guide from wordpress and got my hdmi audio working... :)

• Like 1

I am using duckweed as a framebuffer, it worked perfect in SL...

I am alright with dsdt editing, when I get the chance I could help you with yours...I used the same guide from wordpress and got my hdmi audio working... :)

Cool.

So ¿ you can boot whit GraphicsEnabler=No?

Cool.

So ¿ you can boot whit GraphicsEnabler=No?

I do not use the flag, but even if I put GraphicsEnabler=No, my dsdt sets the graphics card framebuffer to duckweed and the name of the graphics card to AMD Radeon HD 6870, I could set the name to anything I want, ADHDMedia can confirm this. I created two versions for him, one shows in his mac profile as AMD Radeon HD 5750 and the other AMD Radeon HD David

I do not use the flag, but even if I put GraphicsEnabler=No, my dsdt sets the graphics card framebuffer to duckweed and the name of the graphics card to AMD Radeon HD 6870, I could set the name to anything I want, ADHDMedia can confirm this. I created two versions for him, one shows in his mac profile as AMD Radeon HD 5750 and the other AMD Radeon HD David

Great!

DSDT editor give me errors when i try to compile my dsdt.

¿ Have you tried to do this: http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/kext-editing/editing-atiamd-framebuffer-personality/ ?

Looks too complicated for my liking...lol...

Look, get DSDT simple editor 1.4.3 or 2 beta, since you have dsdt editor, try use the two to compile the dsl, when you use the dsdt editor to extract the acpi tables it creates a dsdt.dsl file,,,try to compile and fix errors using the dsdt editor, when it fails open the dsdt.dsl in dsdt simple editor, if fix and compile brings up more errors, just save it in there as a dsdt.dsl, it will ask you for a location to save it...remember where you save it, compress it and send it to me...we are using the same graphics card so it will be easy for me to create the dsdt...I assume your framebuffer is also duckweed...

• Like 1

Looks too complicated for my liking...lol...

Look, get DSDT simple editor 1.4.3 or 2 beta, since you have dsdt editor, try use the two to compile the dsl, when you use the dsdt editor to extract the acpi tables it creates a dsdt.dsl file,,,try to compile and fix errors using the dsdt editor, when it fails open the dsdt.dsl in dsdt simple editor, if fix and compile brings up more errors, just save it in there as a dsdt.dsl, it will ask you for a location to save it...remember where you save it, compress it and send it to me...we are using the same graphics card so it will be easy for me to create the dsdt...I assume your framebuffer is also duckweed...

I just used DSDT Editor to extract. ¿ Where it saves the dsdt.dsl file?

Yesterday i used this to extract: http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/guides/extract-your-own-dsdt/

that gave me a DSDT.aml