Also just wanted to state that I still got 5 kexts in my /E/E folder, they are:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext

FakeSMC.kext

Should I move these out to S/L/E?

I need really help with sound works: ALC889

I added the code for this sound card to my dsdt.aml, recompile and put in the Extra folder, when I delete VoodooHDA and copy only Apple HDA kext, I can't get work the sound. No sound device, when I put voodooHDA this time I can get sound but sound stuttering.

What is the easiest method the work it, what is wrong:

this is the code:

Device (HDEF)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)

{

Return (Package (0x02)

{

0x0D,

0x05

})

}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package ()

{

"AAPL,slot-name",

Buffer (0x09)

{

"Built In"

},

"built-in",

Buffer (One)

{

0x00

},

"device_type",

Buffer (0x06)

{

"AUDIO"

},

"name",

Buffer (0x0F)

{

"Realtek ALC889"

},

"model",

Buffer (0x27)

{

"Realtek ALC889HD High Definition Audio"

},

"location",

Buffer (0x02)

{

"3"

},

"codec-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x89, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10

},

"layout-id",

/**** Is ResourceTemplate, but EndTag not at buffer end ****/ Buffer (0x04)

{

0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00

},

"PinConfigurations",

Buffer (Zero) {}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

}

What should I do additionaly to get sound through only AppleHDA and SPDIF? I read many tutorial but I can't do it.

• Like 1

Yup, got rid of anything that started with ati

Also just wanted to state that I still got 5 kexts in my /E/E folder, they are:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext

FakeSMC.kext

Should I move these out to S/L/E?

1. only ATI6000Controller.kext needs to be removed

2.No , you dont need to move anything.

3. Try whit UseKernelCache=No and -x

@ptp

Restoring the rest of the ati kexts now. Also running myFix from myHack.

So I guess I just need to use -x right?

@clemj06

flags were

amd_kernel npci=0x2000 GrpahicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -v

Ok, will try both with -x (as ptp said) and without and report back

RESULTS:

The results are inconsistent and confusing - I think that my post #845 (http://www.insanelym...40#entry1906964) was a freak occurrence. After restoring all but the ATI6000Controller kext and running myFix I tried the following set of boot flags and in both cases it was stuck on "still waiting for root device"

1. amd_kernel arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000 GrpahicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -v

2. amd_kernel arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000 GrpahicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -v -x

Only 2 changes made since that post #845 - restoration of the ati kexts and addition of arch=x86_64 flag.

I am lost :(

Ok, will try both with -x (as ptp said) and without and report back

RESULTS:

The results are inconsistent and confusing - I think that my post #845 (http://www.insanelym...40#entry1906964) was a freak occurrence. After restoring all but the ATI6000Controller kext and running myFix I tried the following set of boot flags and in both cases it was stuck on "still waiting for root device"

1. amd_kernel arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000 GrpahicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -v

2. amd_kernel arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000 GrpahicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -v -x

Only 2 changes made since that post #845 - restoration of the ati kexts and addition of arch=x86_64 flag.

I am lost :(

Try whit PCIRootUID=0

Also,what version are you trying to install?

¿10.8.2? ¿10.8.3?

Try -v -f PCIRootUID=0 or 1 ( try both) npci=0x2000 or 3000 ( try both) Graphics Enabler=No and report back.

Just did testing with PCIRootUID=0 (with and without -x) but it is now consistently hanging at "still waiting for root device"

I am trying to install 10.8.2.

The flags I am using now are

amd_kernel npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes arch=x86_64 PCIRootUID=0 -v (also with -x).

Just did testing with PCIRootUID=0 (with and without -x) but it is now consistently hanging at "still waiting for root device"

I am trying to install 10.8.2.

The flags I am using now are

amd_kernel npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes arch=x86_64 PCIRootUID=0 -v (also with -x).

amd_kernel npci=0x2000 -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No UseKernelCache=No and report back.

okay, was looking at your bootflags that worked which were: amd_kernel npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No arch=x86_64 USBBusFix=Yes -v. Do you remember the kexts you had at the time? If you can find out, get the kexts back and use flags: amd_kernel npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No arch=x86_64 USBBusFix=Yes -v -f.

What bootloader are you using, did you install the chameleon 2.1 r2069 like the only time you got into the installer? I am gonna to test this myHack way and see what happens...

Edited by clemj06

@ptp

With your flag, stuck at "RTC Only single Bank RAM" (image attached)

EDIT : I think you edited your post, I did not use GraphicsEnabler, will do it again and let you know

EDIT2: Did another test with GraphicsEnabler, no change stuck at the same point

@clemjo6

What state are you referring to when you say it worked - this time around I have never managed to get beyond the "root device" issue. So I am not sure what you are referring to?

The only kext changes I have done is the removal of all ATI kexts initially and then retaining all ati kexts but for the ATI6000Controller.kext.

Also this is the myHack bootable USB - it install chameleon boot loader though I am not sure what version it installs.

post-1149290-0-35410300-1365963824_thumb.jpg

@IiTz Shane

I got some good news... for the very first time in the last fortnight I got into the installer... Yippppeeeeeeee... :king:

But I got some bad news as well - my mouse died.... I was able to get the first two screens out by using the keyboard but when it asked me to choose the partition (I had already used gparted to create a hfs+ partition), it asked me to format it using GUID partition table but I could not get to the menu items as I had no mouse.... Strange thing is I did not see a Utilities menu item from which I have to pick DiskUtility....

I do not know what could be the issue here... So near yet so far :(

The flags I used were amd_kernel npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No arch=x86_64 USBBusFix=Yes -v

What now? Should I try again and hope the mouse works....

That is what I am talking about, did you take any notes on the kexts that got it to work? I am currently sorting a myHack usb 10.8.2 installation disk...

@clemjo6

That state was my last incarnation of myUSB - it has all of spakk's extension folder, dsdt also, an empty /E/E folder (moved to /S/L/E) - that much I am sure about.

Great that you are doing this too.

But I think @ptp is a successful proponent of myHack :)

¿have you tried whit -f or UseKernelCache=No?

If that dont work , im afraid i can´t help you anymore.

For AMD users, the best option righ now is to install Lion 10.7.5, even if you manage to install Mountain Lion, you will have graphical glitches whit that card.

¿have you tried whit -f or UseKernelCache=No?

If that dont work , im afraid i can´t help you anymore.

For AMD users, the best option righ now is to install Lion 10.7.5, even if you manage to install Mountain Lion, you will have graphical glitches whit that card.

That's true, I am using 10.7.4 though, my graphics have issues in 10.7.5...

@cannon_dt, you should really consider Lion

Edited by clemj06

@ptp

Do you want me to use -f instead of UseKernelCache right? What about the rest of the flags - should I stick to amd_kernel, npci=0x2000, -x, -v and GraphicsEnabler=No as per you most recent post?

So do you guys think I should make a USB stick with 10.7.4 dmg?

Thats like back to the drawing board :(

quicktime has green pixels, just graphic distortion basically...

and my movie icons have green on them even on 10.7.4... I will take a screenshot of my 10.7.4

@ptp

Do you want me to use -f instead of UseKernelCache right? What about the rest of the flags - should I stick to amd_kernel, npci=0x2000, -x, -v and GraphicsEnabler=No as per you most recent post?

So do you guys think I should make a USB stick with 10.7.4 dmg?

Thats like back to the drawing board :(

just wait, lemme test 10.8,2 myhack... but 10.7.4/5 is the best option until they come up with a kernel that does not have graphical issues...

Edit: first attempt, white screen with bootflags: amd_kernel arch=x86_64 npci=0x3000 -v, going to delete ati6000 and try again...

Edited by clemj06
  • Like 1

Guys,

If I should get Lion what image should I use - iatkos or something else? I am assuming that the process would remain pretty much the same right?

I kept the kexts that came with myHack installed chameleon 2.1 r2069 from the link you gave in a previous post, deleted ati6000.kext and booted with flags: amd_kernel arch=x86_64 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No -f -v

First I thought it hung (image 1), so I rebooted and used flags: amd_kernel arch=x86_64 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v and when it stopped by the same place as image 1, I just waited and about 2 mins later, image 2...

Edit: Avoid using a dsdt.aml, when you have a running system then consider using a dsdt...

post-1122366-0-53189000-1365967290_thumb.jpg

post-1122366-0-19441300-1365967404_thumb.jpg

Edited by clemj06
  • Like 1

image 1 is the one on the right, sorry, it gave me issues uploading the image

Edit: If your dsdt.aml has errors your system will not boot...make sure com.chameleon.plist does not have any kernel flags...or just delete com.chameleon.plist, the flags you use at boot will be more than adequate...

should I give you the kexts from myHack /E/E? USB keyboard and mouse is working for me

Edited by clemj06

See that Kernel is LP64 at the top of image1, that is what I got too. Man, this is frustrating - you practically got it done in 15 minutes man :(

Now I really dont know what to do

@clemj06

I got no dsdt now. I stuck with everything myHack gave me (just got rid of ati6000.kext, like you!) - so our images should be identical. And I did not touch my /E/E

The only difference is you installed chameleon on top of myHack - I can do that too.

I just noticed that my chameleon boot plist has

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1024x768x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>

But the flags I give at boot would override these right?

@clemj06

Let me what you think I should do, I will give it a shot again tomorrow to see where it takes me :)