HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

If chameleon does not appear after selecting the disk at boot then yes...Make sure you select the options of bootloader as the images in the instructions, you did say that you already have the 2069 chameleon in a previous post though

Nope, I have always used the 2.1 version, I can use the one you asked me to if it is going to make a difference :)

EDIT

No trouble, installed with the version you asked me to.

What boot flags would you want me to experiment with this ML2 USB?

That is the 2.1 r2069 that you spoke of in a previous post...

So you have the iAtkos ML2 ready? Did you follow the instructions on page 38 and Delete folders /Extra/Keymaps/ and /Extra/modules/, place amd_kernel in the root folder?

if you have than try booting with flags: amd_kernel arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 -v

Yes sir, all results here with.

1. As usual I got the blank screen blinking cursor. Gave it 5 minutes nothing happened.

2. So given that it is a boot issue, I resorted to another idea - used http://www.osx86.net...cd_for_amd.html to get into boot

3. I managed to choose the iatkos ML2 image and gave the following flags:

amd_kernel arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000 -v - see Photo0062.jpg

amd_kernel arch=x86_64 npci=0x3000 -v - see Photo0063.jpg

I am assuming that after you see the images you will ask me to go with 0x3000 and use another FakeSMC?

Awaiting your answers

EDIT :

Its 3 AM here and my eyes have started watering again :D

Please let me know your suggestions, I will try them out tomorrow and report back to you :)

post-1149290-0-24683200-1365887434_thumb.jpg

post-1149290-0-11230800-1365887454_thumb.jpg

Yes sir, all results here with.

1. As usual I got the blank screen blinking cursor. Gave it 5 minutes nothing happened.

2. So given that it is a boot issue, I resorted to another idea - used http://www.osx86.net...cd_for_amd.html to get into boot

3. I managed to choose the iatkos ML2 image and gave the following flags:

amd_kernel arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000 -v - see Photo0062.jpg

amd_kernel arch=x86_64 npci=0x3000 -v - see Photo0063.jpg

I am assuming that after you see the images you will ask me to go with 0x3000 and use another FakeSMC?

Awaiting your answers

EDIT :

Its 3 AM here and my eyes have started watering again :D

Please let me know your suggestions, I will try them out tomorrow and report back to you :)

take it a newer facesmc with plugins, and check it for any plugins that are not compatible with your system and than removes the plugins that make kernel panic messages! or remove the FaceSMC.kext, from S/L/E

Everything went down the drain today.

I have managed to corrupt my VB image and with it I have lost most of my data (including InstallESD.dmg!).

Both my USB sticks are in half baked state, so essentially useless....

Will take some time to get back everything.

Just one update : with the iatkols ml2 image, I tried adding the kexts that clemj06 posted sometime back but it was always showing me the fakesmc problem. So I tried booting with -f too but still the fakesmc remained - I do not know how to rebuild caches manually, so I gave that up.

Now I really do not know what to do or how to proceed....

Bad state :(

Everything went down the drain today.

I have managed to corrupt my VB image and with it I have lost most of my data (including InstallESD.dmg!).

Both my USB sticks are in half baked state, so essentially useless....

Will take some time to get back everything.

Just one update : with the iatkols ml2 image, I tried adding the kexts that clemj06 posted sometime back but it was always showing me the fakesmc problem. So I tried booting with -f too but still the fakesmc remained - I do not know how to rebuild caches manually, so I gave that up.

Now I really do not know what to do or how to proceed....

Bad state :(

What Graphics card are you using?

AMD radeon HD 6670

and you are trying to install Mountain Lion or Lion?

In Mountain Lion you have to delete the ATI6000Controller kext of the usb drive before install.

The blank screen is because of that. It happened to me.

I have a hd6870.

Make again the installer whit myHack and when its finished copy the amd kernel and go to USB/System/Library/Extensions, find ATI6000Controller.kext make a backup and delete it from the usb.

Next boot whit npci=0x3000 and GraphicsEnabler=No.

OK, after lots of hours of trying to set things right I gave up on iatkos ML2 (it just refused to get restored on one of my USB stick and eventually I ended up bricking it - not to mention hurling it against the wall!). I decided to stick with mtyHack as it has given me most success with InstallESD.dmg

This time as per ptp, I used MBR made my myHack USB installer. Removed ati*.kext and added amd_kernel and RealTek.kext into S/L/E.

The following happened:

Attempt 1. boot flag : amd_kernel npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v (Photo0064 - stopped at Only single bank RAM)

Attempt 2. boot flag : amd_kernel npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v (Photo0065 - stopped at USBF CheckSleepCompatibility)

Attempt 3. boot flag : amd_kernel npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v (Photo0066 - "still waiting for root device")

For this problem last time around I

1. Took all of spakk's kexts

2. Made my DSDT

Any other suggestions are welcome :)

post-1149290-0-53788100-1365949863_thumb.jpg

post-1149290-0-45199500-1365949889_thumb.jpg

post-1149290-0-30318400-1365949927_thumb.jpg

OK, after lots of hours of trying to set things right I gave up on iatkos ML2 (it just refused to get restored on one of my USB stick and eventually I ended up bricking it - not to mention hurling it against the wall!). I decided to stick with mtyHack as it has given me most success with InstallESD.dmg

This time as per ptp, I used MBR made my myHack USB installer. Removed ati*.kext and added amd_kernel and RealTek.kext into S/L/E.

The following happened:

Attempt 1. boot flag : amd_kernel npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v (Photo0064 - stopped at Only single bank RAM)

Attempt 2. boot flag : amd_kernel npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v (Photo0065 - stopped at USBF CheckSleepCompatibility)

Attempt 3. boot flag : amd_kernel npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v (Photo0066 - "still waiting for root device")

For this problem last time around I

1. Took all of spakk's kexts

2. Made my DSDT

Any other suggestions are welcome :)

Try PCIRootUID=0 or PCIRootUID=1.

¿But why are you putting realtek kext?

Leave the kexts installations for post-install.

take this for your Problem with waiting for root device...... Still_waiting_for_root_device.zip (TotallyFixStillWaiting.kext) from my working Builds! otherwise editing your DSDT.aml with a patch

cannon_dt, you make good progress, you are soon on target! good luck :wink2:

• Like 1

Guys,

PCIRootUID did not help (tried both 0 and 1) - still stuck on waiting for root device.

Will try spakk's zip now. Otherwise I guess it is dsdt.

Also I have a question - suppose I add kexts to my USB installer do I have to rebuild caches? The only way I know to do this is by running myFix (available with myHack) - please let me know about this process. I do not want to add kexts and not do the necessary operations after that.

boot with -s (single user mode) than give this

1. sudo rm-rf /Library/Caches/ *

2. sudo rm-rf /System/Library/Caches/*

3. sudo rm-rf ~ /Library/Caches/*

4. reboot

Edited by spakk

@ptp

I will try that. I assume you do not want me to use spakk's zip right

@spakk

Can I execute those commands within my virtualbox? I do not know what single used mode means, do I get a terminal? Also these commands are for rebuilding caches right? So after I put in your kexts, I need to execute these right?

I do not know, I have no experience with linux

or give : -v -f -F ......

Firstly as per ptp's suggestion I moved to a USB port that is behind (directly on the mother board). With this

1. PCIRootUID=0 yielded a "still waiting for root device"

2. However with PCIRootUID=1 I was stuck at a different state and no root device this time. Image attached of this.

I wanted you guys to have a look at it, it seemed like it progressed but I gave it ten minutes at this stage but nothing happened.

All of this was done without spakk's zip, I will do that once you guys have a look at this screenie

Peace

post-1149290-0-72307100-1365958423_thumb.jpg