HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

the problem: still waiting for root device, can have different causes.

try using this method as described by nanjuah Message #17 . or just download under my uploads Still_waiting_for_root_device.zip.

Possibly it may be the cause that you does not have set the boot sequence fields in the BIOS .

First position CD-ROM/DVD, Second position HDD HFS+,Third Position NTFS HDD, or disable the firewire

yeah, don't forget that the appleatiata works only for ati-chipsets. Maybe it's just a kernel parameter thing or so.

@jtsanborn:

maybe google can help you here with this.

Thanks.

May I just ask, what kexts do I need? Nullcpupowermanagament? FakeSMC? Should I remove AppleIntelCpuPowermanagament? Help would be appreciated.

And also, bitcore, I had to manually set CPU ratio for my FX-8120 (BUT it was on an older kernel) Through a bootflag "cpuratio=15.5" or just "cpuratio=15" for the FX8120 Because thats its stock frequency.

EDIT: Sorry its asus Sabertooth 990fx R 1.0 and the GPU is GTX560 ti which on a normal intel hackintosh works out of the box without any changes But as I understand from the original thread I have to delete a few things.... I am going to swap kernels in about an hour and telll the results here if it doesnt work or in the original if it does :-)

May I just ask, what kexts do I need? Nullcpupowermanagament? FakeSMC? Should I remove AppleIntelCpuPowermanagament? Help would be appreciated.

And also, bitcore, I had to manually set CPU ratio for my FX-8120 (BUT it was on an older kernel) Through a bootflag "cpuratio=15.5" or just "cpuratio=15" for the FX8120 Because thats its stock frequency.

Have a look at my installation guide. It's very simple an i think that most machines do work with it. Just use the kext's mentioned. If it fails, come back and ask. :D

Also, it would be nice if you tell us what mainboard etc. you have. Maybe some special kext's are needed based on your setup.

Would love to get my AMD rig running ML. Any hope with my specs below?

Thanks!

absolutely! see my specs. I have the r2 version of the sabertooth and it plays really nicely with OSX. I am currently running andy's latext kernel because it will run 32bit apps. Sineteks 'test2' kernel seems to be slightly more stable and boots a whole lot faster, but no 32bit apps. I have not really had any issues with either kernel though. Just build a myhack usb to install (you will need a working mac/hackintosh to build it) and install. Your nvidia card will not work 100% but you can get full resolution just no hardware acceleration just yet, some smart people are working on it. Follow these instructions http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285492-amd-issues-with-nvidia-cards-running-lion-64-bitsmountain-lion/page__st__20 to get video "working". If you have any more ?s feel free to PM me or post back in this topic.

Side note* I have the USB3 controller as well as the firewire controller disabled in my bios because I have no use for them. I have never enabled them to see if they work or cause problems.. so if you run into pci or usbhci problems I would try turning those off and see if it solves your problem.

absolutely! see my specs. I have the r2 version of the sabertooth and it plays really nicely with OSX. I am currently running andy's latext kernel because it will run 32bit apps. Sineteks 'test2' kernel seems to be slightly more stable and boots a whole lot faster, but no 32bit apps. I have not really had any issues with either kernel though. Just build a myhack usb to install (you will need a working mac/hackintosh to build it) and install. Your nvidia card will not work 100% but you can get full resolution just no hardware acceleration just yet, some smart people are working on it. Follow these instructions http://www.insanelym...on/page__st__20 to get video "working". If you have any more ?s feel free to PM me or post back in this topic.

Side note* I have the USB3 controller as well as the firewire controller disabled in my bios because I have no use for them. I have never enabled them to see if they work or cause problems.. so if you run into pci or usbhci problems I would try turning those off and see if it solves your problem.

What is the kernel that enables 32-bit?

how can I activate it?

I'm with the last-amd kernel.

My wifi usb adapter only works on 32 bit.

Please answer me ... Thank you!

Tried it, but no succes.. still exactly the same problem.

Reading the files and then a reboot.

EDIT: Tried with CoreCrypto and succesfully launched the setup!

Only problem is that it says : "Cannot instal to this drive , can't update this version of osx" It's a harddisk with 10.6.3

After formatting that disk it is saying the same ;s I've used this tool to create my usb ML installation : http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=3506 (only replaced the kernel with SinetekBronzovkAnVoodoo_rc4 and added the corecrypto kext )

Have to find another way

Can you try to format the disk with a Linux or Windows OS? Just boot a Windows installer disc and format the partition / disk from there. Or same with Linux...

Or even single user mode could maybe do it.

EDIT: Sorry its asus Sabertooth 990fx R 1.0 and the GPU is GTX560 ti which on a normal intel hackintosh works out of the box without any changes But as I understand from the original thread I have to delete a few things.... I am going to swap kernels in about an hour and telll the results here if it doesnt work or in the original if it does :-)

NVidia guys have some problems, but I think they managed to get it booting without -x. Take a look at the NVidia thread.

You need probably Andy's patched corecrypto.kext and kernel. Only replacing the kernel could also work, Andy made it work with vanilla corecrypto..

• Like 1

I will always be notified and asked how to install Mountain Lion

If you have a runnable Intel Mountain Lion or Lion or Snow Leopard. Then you create a clone with CCC or SuperDruper. Alternatively, you can create a with MyHack over an runable OSX a USB Install.

It does not matter how you do it. It is here in the forums on repeatedly.

Then you must place the modified corocrypto.kext and Decrypter from Sinetec/Andy Vandijk and some drivers for AMD to S / L / E and in the end one of the test kernels to install here recently Sinetek or Andy Vandijk. You need something to read from page 50 in detail here has been written and tested. It is very important. Always depending on what hardware you have.There are some variations on how to successfully do an install.

please use either the forum for your questions, or visit us at irc chat.osx86.hu #LegacyKernel here you get all the information you need.

Or you can look here:

http://www.insanelym...working-builds/

oups, Deltaco

I see we have similar questions :worried_anim::trumpet:

Just FYI my system is running!

It is very surprising, my system is running only with a org.chameleon.boot.plist.boot quite a strange ending! but it is, when I remove *. boot at the end, so It get PCI configuration begin, how should a normal mortal understand now??? hahaha.gif

Edit:

all test kernels of Sinetek can be found here: https://meklort.com/~sinet3k/

if you like use the test kernel of Andy Vandijck then takes the last amd_kernel from 7.1.2013 and the SinetekBronzovkAnVoodoo_rc4.diff File + libcrypto.dlyb File ( put the dylib -file in to usr/lib/)

Good Luck!

Edited by spakk
  • Like 2

Ok so here we go again....

Someone posted that he is runing pretty much the same specs (board. cpu etc) With no kexts just kernel. But I have a problem that When I boot I do -v only (FOR NOW) and it loads all the kexts and straight after that it reboots. Could it be that I am using Chimera as bootloader? Could it be I installed a clean install on an Intel machine that works with everything out of the box, (the install USB used is from a clean image from AppStore) and I just changed the kernel on it?

Also, does the kernel support manual ratio setting? I used some other kernel few months back that supported it but it seems that if I type "busratio=15" it changes nothing.

EDIT: Thanks bitcore for list fo your kernels, could you upload them all? I would really appreciate it. Because at the moment I have got millions of kexts downloaded And I dunno which is which :-P.

absolutely! see my specs. I have the r2 version of the sabertooth and it plays really nicely with OSX. I am currently running andy's latext kernel because it will run 32bit apps. Sineteks 'test2' kernel seems to be slightly more stable and boots a whole lot faster, but no 32bit apps. I have not really had any issues with either kernel though. Just build a myhack usb to install (you will need a working mac/hackintosh to build it) and install. Your nvidia card will not work 100% but you can get full resolution just no hardware acceleration just yet, some smart people are working on it. Follow these instructions http://www.insanelym...on/page__st__20 to get video "working". If you have any more ?s feel free to PM me or post back in this topic.

Thanks DaMadOne, YOU ROCK! I'll PM you if I have any issues.

Guys I have a problem... I installed iatkos ML2 from lion installation and when i try to boot the new kernel(amd_kernel) it just instant rebbots, when i try to boot the old one(which needs corecrypto) I see everything failing to find symbols in ___kernel___ and ACPI doesnt load. I have an FX 6100 6 core processor

Ok so here we go again....

Someone posted that he is runing pretty much the same specs (board. cpu etc) With no kexts just kernel. But I have a problem that When I boot I do -v only (FOR NOW) and it loads all the kexts and straight after that it reboots. Could it be that I am using Chimera as bootloader? Could it be I installed a clean install on an Intel machine that works with everything out of the box, (the install USB used is from a clean image from AppStore) and I just changed the kernel on it?

Also, does the kernel support manual ratio setting? I used some other kernel few months back that supported it but it seems that if I type "busratio=15" it changes nothing.

EDIT: Thanks bitcore for list fo your kernels, could you upload them all? I would really appreciate it. Because at the moment I have got millions of kexts downloaded And I dunno which is which :-P.

I'll upload the package in a few minutes

EDIT: Here you go : http://www.mediafire.com/?sh9i371052yci7y

Reposted here.

I installed from 10.8.0 with Sinetek's original kernel. Then updated to 10.8.2. Anything that I have seen since just instantly reboots after processing kexts.

Hi all.

I have a FX-8120 on a ASUS M5A97 EVO motherboard with 16GB of ram & a nVidia GTX 465. So far I have only been only able to use Sinetek's original ML kernel. Everything from Sinetek since & AnV's reboots instantly reboots after processing kexts. Currently have AnV's corecrypto.kext installed and the 10.8.0 AppleACPIPlatform.kext IOACPIFamily.kext IOPCIFamily.kext System.kext kexts. I have tried "-f -v npci=x3000" with and with -x. I don't have the nVidia driver in /S/L/E.

Any Ideas? Thanks

Output of lspci

00:00.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RD890 PCI to PCI bridge (external gfx0 port B) (rev 02)

00:02.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RD890 PCI to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port B)

00:04.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RD890 PCI to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port D)

00:05.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RD890 PCI to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port E)

00:06.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RD890 PCI to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port F)

00:07.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RD890 PCI to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port G)

00:09.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RD890 PCI to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port H)

00:11.0 SATA controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 40)

00:12.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller

00:12.2 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller

00:13.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller

00:13.2 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller

00:14.0 SMBus: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SBx00 SMBus Controller (rev 42)

00:14.2 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) (rev 40)

00:14.3 ISA bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 LPC host controller (rev 40)

00:14.4 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SBx00 PCI to PCI Bridge (rev 40)

00:14.5 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI2 Controller

00:15.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SB700/SB800/SB900 PCI to PCI bridge (PCIE port 0)

00:16.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller

00:16.2 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller

00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 0

00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 1

00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 2

00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 3

00:18.4 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 4

00:18.5 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 5

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 06c4 (rev a3)

01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GF100 High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)

02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 06)

03:00.0 USB controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1042 SuperSpeed USB Host Controller

04:00.0 SATA controller: JMicron Technology Corp. JMB362 SATA Controller (rev 10)

05:00.0 USB controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1042 SuperSpeed USB Host Controller

06:00.0 Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR9300 Wireless LAN adaptor (rev 01)

07:05.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7131/SAA7133/SAA7135 Video Broadcast Decoder (rev f0)

07:07.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6306/7/8 [Fire II(M)] IEEE 1394 OHCI Controller (rev c0)

08:00.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7164 (rev 81)

Reposted here.

I installed from 10.8.0 with Sinetek's original kernel. Then updated to 10.8.2. Anything that I have seen since just instantly reboots after processing kexts.

I got exactly the same problem! first it didn't work and then after adding corecrypto.kext to my /extra/extensions folder it worked.

After processing kexts, it loaded this corecrypto and it booted.

But now it looks like it can't boot the corecrypto anymore ;0

Anybody who nows how to be sure it boots this kext?

Bitcore

I got exactly the same problem! first it didn't work and then after adding corecrypto.kext to my /extra/extensions folder it worked.

After processing kexts, it loaded this corecrypto and it booted.

But now it looks like it can't boot the corecrypto anymore ;0

Anybody who nows how to be sure it boots this kext?

Bitcore

I have also the problem with FX8350 and ASUS Crosshair V motherboard with 16GB ram and Nvidia GTX 670.

So far I have only been only able to use Sinetek original ML kernel from the first page and it comes KP

unfortunately boot the Kernel from Andy Vandijck nothing.

Who can pleace help me?

Best regards,

Gismo

I have been trying to get ML 10.8.2 installed on my machine, ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z with 16Gb ram and ATI HD5970.

So far I can get it to load all the kexts but it then goes to a Black screen for 20-30 seconds and reboots, resetting my bios

to defaults.

I have tried sineteks kernel, andys kernel & various corecrypto.kexts etc and still get the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MadMungo

I have been trying to get ML 10.8.2 installed on my machine, ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z with 16Gb ram and ATI HD5970.

So far I can get it to load all the kexts but it then goes to a Black screen for 20-30 seconds and reboots, resetting my bios

to defaults.

I have tried sineteks kernel, andys kernel & various corecrypto.kexts etc and still get the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MadMungo

Sounds like the kernel is still "vanilla", because that's what happens when you boot AMD on vanilla kernel, instant reboot. However, it can also be your FX processor, but it should work.

If I can install ML on the following then please do let me know.

Phenom II 960T

8GB DDR3

GA-880gm-USB 3 rev 3.1

Sapphire HD 7750 2 GB DDR3

Thanks.

Easily bro! :)

I suggest using myHack, make 10.8.2 USB, change kernel to Andy's. If it says something about corecrypto, use the patched one.

If still no boot, use Sinetek's test2 or the original kernel with patched corecrypto.

Not as easy as seems to be, Deltac0: his graphics card is an AMD 7750. 7xxx series will be supported by the upcoming 10.8.3 update, but they're currently not supported. TheMentalist'll have to wait a couple of weeks or even more than that.

MadMungo, you'll have to add the kernel flags the point to the chosen kernel. With latest AnV, use "amd_kernel arch=x86_64 -v" (without the quotes, of course).

Sounds like the kernel is still "vanilla", because that's what happens when you boot AMD on vanilla kernel, instant reboot. However, it can also be your FX processor, but it should work.

Easily bro! :)

I suggest using myHack, make 10.8.2 USB, change kernel to Andy's. If it says something about corecrypto, use the patched one.

If still no boot, use Sinetek's test2 or the original kernel with patched corecrypto.

But will the kernel be a 32 bit or 64 ? and I am more worried about my GPU which is a HD 7750 is that supported ?

MadMungo, you'll have to add the kernel flags the point to the chosen kernel. With latest AnV, use "amd_kernel arch=x86_64 -v" (without the quotes, of course).

@ Deltac0 & theconnactic

Yes that is what I am doing. tried every kernel, including AnV's on the first page with a multitude of different kernel flags and still no luck.

Have tried using Legacy OS and UEFI Aware settings in bios as well with no noticable change.

I will soldier on and see if I can fluke a combination and get it to install/boot.