HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

hi, i am beginner, i create a bootable mountain lion 10.8.2 with this guide

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/265839-guida-installare-lion-retail-su-qualunque-pc/

what kernel should i use and where to put it,thankyou

processore DualCore AMD Phenom II X2 Black Edition 550, 3067 MHz (15.5 x 198)

scheda madre Sapphire PI-AM3RS785G

DIMM1: 2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (9-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz) (8-8-8-22 @ 592 MHz) (6-6-6-16 @ 444 MHz)

video ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (512 MB

try this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285110-amd-working-builds/?do=findComment&comment=1879066

i have explained everything in here and links to the kernel etc. you might need a kext for your motherboard. maybe the one i used is wright for you ;).

Look for it... it must be somewhere...

Find it and delete it...

@byransays

run these commands to list all of your Lion's kexts:

sudo find /Volumes/Lion_hdd_name/System/Library/Extensions -type d -name *.kext > ~/Desktop/byran_SLE.txt
sudo find /Volumes/Lion_hdd_name/Extra/Extensions -type d -name *.kext > ~/Desktop/byran_EE.txt

then post all the txt files here

btw, did you boot with: -nossse3bit ?

Look for it... it must be somewhere...

Find it and delete it...

hmm..okay thank you for trying! one last question...is FakeSMC even needed? I know it used to be...but is it now with 64-bit?

@byransays

run these commands to list all of your Lion's kexts:

sudo find /Volumes/Lion_hdd_name/System/Library/Extensions -type d -name *.kext > ~/Desktop/byran_SLE.txt
sudo find /Volumes/Lion_hdd_name/Extra/Extensions -type d -name *.kext > ~/Desktop/byran_EE.txt

then post all the txt files here

btw, did you boot with: -nossse3bit ?

Oh my...{censored}. I forgot my CPU doesnt support SSSE3 bit. I feel so dumb. Trying now.

EDIT :Well it seems to be working a lot better now, but Im still KP on FakeSMC

hmm..okay thank you for trying! one last question...is FakeSMC even needed? I know it used to be...but is it now with 64-bit?

Oh my...{censored}. I forgot my CPU doesnt support SSSE3 bit. I feel so dumb. Trying now.

You need a 64bit FakeSMC or my AppleDecrypt.kext from the Developers section...

You need a 64bit FakeSMC or my AppleDecrypt.kext from the Developers section...

I am using the new 4.etc that was just released yesterday which is 64-bit. Ill try your AppleDecrypt.kext though!

EDIT: Alright, in chameleon it still KP with fakesmc but if I use a USB Clover bootloader it goes all the way through to the desktop but I lose signal to my monitor.

EDIT 2: removed FakeSMC and chameleon boots like clover. Gets to the desktop and loses signal.

EDIT 3:I have it up and running in 64-bit mode. Graphics are only 1024x768 and not properly recognized, even doing multiple changes and doing what I used to have on the system(i.g. it working with qe/ci and 1080p resolution)

Andy, could it be related to me getting errors that your appledecrypt.kext failed to load during boot?

Edit4: no it couldnt be that I got fakesmc to work on clover(but not chameleon), I just got resolution to 1080p but I still dont have QE/CI

Post please your complete specs. This instant reboot issue should have been obliterated from AMD machines.

Nope it is not, trust me as that is all my machine will do using the following

amd_kernel busratio=20 -v -f

Shows all the loading kexts then, BANG, instant reboot.

I think I am going to give up and try LION, then if that don't work I will stick with Snow Leopard as I know that is working 100%.

Hi,

So after installing SMBIOS on the usb drive, i still get the rebooting problem.

Used both sinetek's and Andy's latest kernels.

/Extra:

/Extra/extensions

/Extra/RemovedExtensions:

/Extra/Modules:

:(

(and no i'm not trying to install on virtual machine, this was the only way for me to make a screenshot)

Bitcore

the one time it worked, it booted up corecrypto.

corecrypto did some things and BAM installation.

But now it looks like it just wont load corecrypto ;/

BIOS settings:

5686d8fa.png

I gave you my specs,/extra folder and BIOS settings. Is there really nobody who can help me?

A sad bitcore ;(

EDIT: I might have created a bad USB Installer, please tell me how did you guys made it?

(Myhack or something?And wich version of chameleon?wich SMBIOS)

Reeeeeeboot ;s

Something really strange: when launching 10.6.4 using modbin_kernel it doesn't work when launched from chameleon.

It only works when launched from modcd ;0

what is happening?!?

Reeeeeeboot ;s

Something really strange: when launching 10.6.4 using modbin_kernel it doesn't work when launched from chameleon.

It only works when launched from modcd ;0

what is happening?!?

When booted from ModCD, it also uses ModCD's kexts, could this be the problem?

If so ,does it mean I need some extra kext to make ML run?

i'll try to find wich kext's are added to mod CD, and hopefully find the ML compitable versions.

Hopefully this works!

If so ,does it mean I need some extra kext to make ML run?

i'll try to find wich kext's are added to mod CD, and hopefully find the ML compitable versions.

Hopefully this works!

Wait a sec... You're booting ML on AMD from ModCD? I'd say ModCD is only for 10.6.x?

i think deltac is right. modcd is really old. you'd better start off with a fresh install. it's really easy.

1. create ml usb drive with myhack.

2. copy the latest kernel from anv to the ml usb drive and replace the original.

3. if you need kext for your sata/ide (probably appleatiata or nforceata) copy them to e/e of your ml usb drive.

4. fix permissions

5. try

that's really close to vanilla. i think you have better chances with this ;)

Nononono, I'm not booting ML install with modcd.

I did create a USB install disk with myhack and copied the kernel and corecrypto to it.

didn't add those SATA/IDE kext's tough, and also didn't fix permissions.

can i use kext wizard to fix permissions?

Try it tomorrow and I hope it works (:

Thanks for your support!

Bitcore

Nononono, I'm not booting ML install with modcd.

I did create a USB install disk with myhack and copied the kernel and corecrypto to it.

didn't add those SATA/IDE kext's tough, and also didn't fix permissions.

can i use kext wizard to fix permissions?

Try it tomorrow and I hope it works (:

Thanks for your support!

Bitcore

you don't need corecrypto.kext with latest anv-kernel. don't know kext wizard though. to fix by hand do: chown -R root:wheel KEXT && chmod -R 755 KEXT