Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,868 posts in this topic

If you are using a laptop with none-OC CPU/MB, I think PLL is already disabled.

PS. Just found out if I set Internal PLL Overvoltage to enable, it would never wake up. Set to Auto is the best option for me so far, unless someone told me how to make my keyboard available with PLL off. :(   

That is strange it does not effect my Logitech USB-Wireless  keyboard and mouse but there is an option in my BIOS to keep the USB keyboard and mouse always enabled. Just making a suggestion that works for me as the auto/enabled options cause a reset on waking, or Ethernet is not enabled, or mouse pointer lags or a combination of the four. I have no idea how many sleeps and wakes I have everyday as it is normally only reset for upgrades or whatever, but it works always since 10.8.3 and I keep Clover updated as required.

OT - but. Love to know how your live  none DSDT patching is coping with USB multiplexing - me seems fine with the patching except for that. But its only a couple of days - still playing.

That is strange it does not effect my Logitech USB-Wireless  keyboard and mouse but there is an option in my BIOS to keep the USB keyboard and mouse always enabled. Just making a suggestion that works for me as the auto/enabled options cause a reset on waking, or Ethernet is not enabled, or mouse pointer lags or a combination of the four. I have no idea how many sleeps and wakes I have everyday as it is normally only reset for upgrades or whatever, but it works always since 10.8.3 and I keep Clover updated as required.

OT - but. Love to know how your live  none DSDT patching is coping with USB multiplexing - me seems fine with the patching except for that. But its only a couple of days - still playing.

Do you use DSDT.aml? In my case, wake is fine with DSDT.aml in r1888.

I've abandoned the PatchesDSDT solution, because when trying to add a device or method under their host device, the "parentheses" of their host device would be changed.

For example, if I add a Method (_DSM) under Device (GFX0), which is under Scope (_SB)/Device (PCI0)/Device (PEG0), then the parentheses of _SB, PCI0, PEG0 and GFX0 would all be changed.

The underline is what I mean "parentheses." Wrong parentheses would cause DSDT unable to be read by system, and cause Clover unable to boot.

XnJpUR3.jpg

Yesterday, I spent almost a whole day working on PatchesDSDT. Even had I fixed all the parentheses stuff, Clover still died at black screen before I am able to see the beautiful apple boot logo.

This is what I've done, you can take a look if you like:

config.plist.zip

• Like 1

Do you use DSDT.aml? In my case, wake is fine with DSDT.aml in r1888.

I've abandoned the PatchesDSDT solution, because when trying to add a device or method under their host device, the "parentheses" of their host device would be changed.

For example, if I add a Method (_DSM) under Device (GFX0), which is under Scope (_SB)/Device (PCI0)/Device (PEG0), then the parentheses of _SB, PCI0, PEG0 and GFX0 would all be changed.

The underline is what I mean "parentheses." Wrong parentheses would cause DSDT unable to be read by system, and cause Clover unable to boot.

XnJpUR3.jpg

Yesterday, I spent almost a whole day working on PatchesDSDT. Even had I fixed all the parentheses stuff, Clover still died at black screen before I am able to see the beautiful apple boot logo.

This is what I've done, you can take a look if you like:

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

I think Slice or one of the Clover Devs are the guys to comment. I was interested in your post at OS X Project and I asked xsmile what it was all about, and to be truthful I am long in the toothh , but my forte is internet communications and networking long since retired and I find that Clover is a stimulus of sorts for me to keep the old brain active. That said i have really just plagiarised your and xsmiles efforts and tried to understand what Slices comments in relations to what I do. It boots fine but there are USB issues which I am working on with information from Pjalm and Mieze to hopefully sort that. Yep I do use a basic DSDT compiled with MaciASL, I am not interested in Audio as I use an USB DAC for audio, and an Apple compatible Lan card for Ethernet and WiFi which OSX is happy with natively, so tweaks are minimum.  You are really very good with sharing your efforts - remember the MacPro5_1 discussions with Kyndder. Still use it what two years on... Great work.

Edit  A very interesting config.plist a couple of question which I hope are not too noobish 1. Is this with or without your original DSDT, and I also see that GenerateIvyStates is disabled - is that because of 1 or more SSDT's?

Edit2. Using your config.plist sleep wake here works fine with the BIOS settings as prev. advised and removing my DSDT and using GenIvyStates and one or two changes I think I need.  But the USB3 ports are not recognised, but using profile of iMac13,2 see three pstates one more than Apple would give..

Aug  1 19:02:39 iMac kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ 16 35 45 ]

I would suggest cure the USB3 issue and its a great mod. Good on you.

• Like 1

I think Slice or one of the Clover Devs are the guys to comment. I was interested in your post at OS X Project and I asked xsmile what it was all about, and to be truthful I am long in the toothh , but my forte is internet communications and networking long since retired and I find that Clover is a stimulus of sorts for me to keep the old brain active. That said i have really just plagiarised your and xsmiles efforts and tried to understand what Slices comments in relations to what I do. It boots fine but there are USB issues which I am working on with information from Pjalm and Mieze to hopefully sort that. Yep I do use a basic DSDT compiled with MaciASL, I am not interested in Audio as I use an USB DAC for audio, and an Apple compatible Lan card for Ethernet and WiFi which OSX is happy with natively, so tweaks are minimum.  You are really very good with sharing your efforts - remember the MacPro5_1 discussions with Kyndder. Still use it what two years on... Great work.

Edit  A very interesting config.plist a couple of question which I hope are not too noobish 1. Is this with or without your original DSDT, and I also see that GenerateIvyStates is disabled - is that because of 1 or more SSDT's?

I don't think you did plagiarise my efforts on this. After all, I'm still failed to use PatchesDSDT at the end.  :P

I didn't use PatchesDSDT with a DSDT.aml. I've never tried GenerateIvyStates, because I'm using a SandyBridge i5-2500K. I'm not sure if this function is available for me.

There's only one SSDT.aml  under /ACPI/patched.

• Like 1

I don't think you did plagiarise my efforts on this. After all, I'm still failed to use PatchesDSDT at the end.  :P

I didn't use PatchesDSDT with a DSDT.aml. I've never tried GenerateIvyStates, because I'm using a SandyBridge i5-2500K. I'm not sure if this function is available for me.

There's only one SSDT.aml  under /ACPI/patched.

Sandy Bridge - Didnt notice that... :blush:

I can't seem to be able to boot, could anyone help me ?

I'm on a Gigabyte H87-D3H with an i4770, Mavericks DP4 and I constantly get a kernel panic when booting... I've tried various configurations mentioned and a few other stuff but it always ends up in a kernel panic. I've used the latest Clover installer.

Thanks.

I can't seem to be able to boot, could anyone help me ?

I'm on a Gigabyte H87-D3H with an i4770, Mavericks DP4 and I constantly get a kernel panic when booting... I've tried various configurations mentioned and a few other stuff but it always ends up in a kernel panic. I've used the latest Clover installer.

Thanks.

UEFI load?

config.plist

<key>NoCaches</key>
<false/>

Well, it seems a BIOS update solved the problem. (now running F4)

Booting doesn't require slice=0.

I'm only using DataHubDxe-64 and OsxAptioFixDrv-64 cause it seems my motherboard is using Aptio and Clover wouldn't boot OS X without it.

Thank you all for your help. :)

Hi Slice, I can't 10.9 DP4 to boot, it just sits at the black verbose boot text screen.  I updated to clover 1942 and still the same.  It just sits there after detecting the graphics card (pitcairn loaded slot 1 etc.)  Am using ATI inject and load vbios.  any ideas?  thanks

I seems to find the problem. Test, please

CLOVERX64.efi-1947.zip

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Theme</key>
		<string>applestyle</string>
		<key>Timeout</key>
		<integer>5</integer>
		<key>DefaultBootVolume</key>
		<string>Macintosh HD 10.9</string>
		<key>DebugLog</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Mouse</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Enabled</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Speed</key>
			<integer>8</integer>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>SystemParameters</key>
	<dict>
		<key>boot-args</key>
		<string>-v npci=0x2000 slide=0 WithKexts</string>
		<key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
		<string>en:0</string>
		<key>InjectSystemID</key>
		<true/>
		<key>LegacyBoot</key>
		<string>PBR</string>
	</dict>
	<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
        	<key>InjectATI</key>
        	<string>Yes</string>
        	<key>LoadVBios</key>
        	<string>Yes</string>
        	<key>VideoPorts</key>
        	<string>5</string>
		<key>PatchVBios</key>
		<string>False</string>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

here's the config.plist i'm using.  worked fine up for dp3 but not dp4

Hi there,

I'm using clover 1942 on my Asus laptop. Everything works fine in pure UEFI boot except sleep/wake and shutdown, but the most worry thing is that when i use fn + f5 or f6 to manage brightness my system stopped and i have to restart. Same occurs when i plug or unplug my power adapter.

My bios is AMI Aptio UEFI v2

Sorry for my bad english 

Hi Slice,

I have a problem with Clover and my CrossfireX setup where if I disable CSM in my bios, Clover doesn't load. 

Any ideas how I can fix that?

Thanks

2x Gigabyte Radeon 7970

No ideas.

Slice, this Spanish forum user has this problem with Clover, with Chameleon works well, can you help??, what difference could there be?, thanksHi there,

I'm using clover 1942 on my Asus laptop. Everything works fine in pure UEFI boot except sleep/wake and shutdown, but the most worry thing is that when i use fn + f5 or f6 to manage brightness my system stopped and i have to restart. Same occurs when i plug or unplug my power adapter.

My bios is AMI Aptio UEFI v2

Sorry for my bad english 

• Like 1