Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,868 posts in this topic

As Slice says:

UnderVoltStep is for Core2Duo and will not work for i3-i7.

Plus, I don's see why you wouldn't want to undervolt in BIOS (as it also has the advantage to stay across OSs), unless you have a laptop...

Plus, I don's see why you wouldn't want to undervolt in BIOS (as it also has the advantage to stay across OSs), unless you have a laptop...

OT - yr GTX760 issue did you see this post #3 regarding Nvidia Web drivers.  http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1602291

More good news for you here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290174-gtx-760/ Post#2 I think.

yes I know it should work, but in my case it doesn't.

I now realise you have been there!

I note that you can boot Windows with your 760 loaded.  Is it loading UEFI Windows or MBA legacy?  With Clover are you trying to boot with UEFI and CSM disabled in the BIOS, or have you tried Clover legacy with CSM enabled. I know that you can change the firmware on your card by messaging EVGA with the serial number, but that might render it useless for anything that is not UEFI. Appreciate that this must be frustrating for you, but if the card works with Windows it must be OK and the problem is settings or software or BIOS on the card and PC. The fact that an HDTV works fine attached to the MB (HD4000) via HDMI and does not when attached to your card must mean that perhaps the card is already UEFI and you are trying to boot chameleon or Clover EFI or Legacy. Seems very strange, but persevere. I cannot be sure of the difference in graphics with your i3 and my i7. Comparison might not be the same. So take this as throwing ideas to you which might or might not be applicable.

Also looking at the specs of your motherboard it states that PCIe3 Gen3 is supported on 3rd generation of Intel Core i5 and i7, yours being an i3 would that make a difference?

I now realise you have been there!

I note that you can boot Windows with your 760 loaded.  Is it loading UEFI Windows or MBA legacy?  With Clover are you trying to boot with UEFI and CSM disabled in the BIOS, or have you tried Clover legacy with CSM enabled. I know that you can change the firmware on your card by messaging EVGA with the serial number, but that might render it useless for anything that is not UEFI. Appreciate that this must be frustrating for you, but if the card works with Windows it must be OK and the problem is settings or software or BIOS on the card and PC. The fact that an HDTV works fine attached to the MB (HD4000) via HDMI and does not when attached to your card must mean that perhaps the card is already UEFI and you are trying to boot chameleon or Clover EFI or Legacy. Seems very strange, but persevere. I cannot be sure of the difference in graphics with your i3 and my i7. Comparison might not be the same. So take this as throwing ideas to you which might or might be applicable.

IIRC, I tried all combinations of Clover. Legacy, I simply couldn't get to boot. In UEFI mode, it booted fine, but both with and without CSM, it wouldn't boot with my GTX 760 inserted. My i3 and your i7 should have the same IGP: HD 4000. The only thing I can think of is some kind problem because I have both the IGP and dGPU enabled. It still *should* work in theory, but I don't have any option to disable the IGP in my BIOS/UEFI, so I can't test. Also, I saw another user on another forum with my MB and a GTX 760 working, so it should work.

I am sorry but I have no experience with UnderVoltStep.

Did you look at the wiki (http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home)? There should be some information about it there.

I checked the wiki before posting and there was only little information.

As Slice says:

UnderVoltStep is for Core2Duo and will not work for i3-i7.

Ok thanks.

I have a laptop, and not sure how to under volt it in the BIOS. I don't think I have any options, even though I am using an unlocked BIOS. I've seen videos and tutorials on how to under volt, but they seem to be done in Windows. I think if I do it in Windows it will only be for that O/S. 

What is the big deal, previous occasions it was a database error, now it is offline period?

Perhaps it is to cool the impetuous  nature of some of the contributors who just demand rather than politely ask, and to give the Devs a well deserved break as the whole issue was getting silly, when people are trying to take leave and move etc etc, they too deserve their space....

It would make more sense if they disabled posting, aka leaving forum in read only mode. Now I can't download a file that Tony uploaded for me :/

FSinject is broken in newest clover rev 1874 and above! Clover can`t inject kext in second step od installation osx. Version with WithKexts work fine.

Could you please provide some more details about this?

It would make more sense if they disabled posting, aka leaving forum in read only mode. Now I can't download a file that Tony uploaded for me :/

Project OS is there for developers and testers, they refuse to take money from you for support, so it is totally free but they are also very strict and likely correctly so, but they own it, its free and they can do as they like. When Clover was first muted I considered that it might be possible to develop Clover as a commercial application, but they were totally against such a proposal as it was against the spirit of OS X86, and they were correct. They might just be cleaning it up and as the majority of the Devs (not Pene) are away a good time to do it. One could argue that an URL saying the site is down for blah blah might be appropriate, but as stated they owe us nothing. It will I am sure reappear in due course.

Looking at it positively - they might have taken it down to fix the long overdue search function - who knows? Perhaps there are other changes in the pipeline....

Regarding your file - that morning before it went down I prepared a longish message and yes posted the file, but as stupid as it sounds without seeing the messages, I cannot recall what it was all about. I know it was about missing profiles but which ones cannot be sure. A brief recap might help.

• Like 1

Interesting developments with Kozleks latest two/three releases of FakeSMC.kext - think 5.2.731 is the latest.

I see now that it is writing to nvram, and quite a lot, wish I understood the significance, but its looking good and works well with Clover.

Does anybody have an idea what the keys are? Just curious..

localhost:~ tonydickinson$ nvram -p | grep fakesmc
fakesmc-key-NATi-ui16 %00%00
fakesmc-key-LSSS-{lso %02%00
fakesmc-key-NTOK-ui8  %01
fakesmc-key-NATJ-ui8  %00
fakesmc-key-CLKH-{clh %00%00p%80%00%01%19@
fakesmc-key-MSDW-flag %01
fakesmc-key-WKTP-ui8  %00
fakesmc-key-CLKT-ui32 %00%00_h
localhost:~ tonydickinson$ 

I want to annonce that UEFI boot with Clover 1942 will not raise panic after wake even if using CsmVideoDxe.

I am not sure in final victory on the most terrible problem of UEFI Clover so I want to see more testings.

Key change in OsxAptioFixDrv but I recommend to make full installation of revision 1942.

Downloads

• Like 1

I want to annonce that UEFI boot with Clover 1942 will not raise panic after wake even if using CsmVideoDxe.

I am not sure in final victory on the most terrible problem of UEFI Clover so I want to see more testings.

Key change in OsxAptioFixDrv but I recommend to make full installation of revision 1942.

Downloads

Cool! Excellent work.

I'll test it when I can.

Hey guys, I can't boot with Clover anymore. It always freezes at b1f: init7

I can boot via my Chameleon Stick without problem though as long as I enable USB Legacy in UEFI

Shall I reinstall Clover?

I had this problem before,but earlier I could solve it by booting up Windows and then restarting but now this workaround leaves me hanging

Hey guys, I can't boot with Clover anymore. It always freezes at b1f: init7

I can boot via my Chameleon Stick without problem though as long as I enable USB Legacy in UEFI

Shall I reinstall Clover?

I had this problem before,but earlier I could solve it by booting up Windows and then restarting but now this workaround leaves me hanging

It looks like you don't want to install Clover by official way.

Check the chain:

boot0ss is in MBR

boot1f32alt is in PBR of EFI partition (this permits you to boot either Clover or Chameleon)

boot is in root of EFI partition: boot is CloverEFI-64bit, boot1 is renamed Chameleon, boot3 is CloverEFI32bit, boot7 is CloverEFIforMCPchipset and so on.

/EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi is CloverGUI rev1942.

Did you see any difference from your configuration?

I just tested Clover R1942 sleep with UEFI

I can confirm it works with CSM video driver and Aptio fix.

Awesome work Slice... :D

• Like 1

hi guy and dev , please why have this message in kernel log with clover , and not with enoch ?

Sound assertion "0 == hdaGfxCandidate" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 889 goto Exit
DSMOS has arrived
AppleIntelE1000e(Info): Link is Up 1000 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: Rx/Tx
macx_swapon SUCCESS
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::gatherCStateOverrides - failed to set c-state demotion data: -1
Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1656 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 203 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1656 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 203 goto Exit
considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel com.apple.driver.AppleLPC triggered rebuild