Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Yes, I used boot1h from Clover r1902. Any ideas why chainloading the pbr doesn't work? Also, did you think about making stage 2 multiboot compatible?

Edit: Not sure how much you know about grub. The 'chainloader +1' command I mentioned before does load the first sector of the partition. See http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#chainloader

Edit2: Did further testing. Chainloading boot1f32alt does work, chainloading boot1h doesn't work though... (Yes, it is on a HFS partition) My Mac OS X partition is a logical one, but that shouldn't matter since the root device is already selected when stage 1 is executed, right? Any ideas?

Okay, I fixed this. The problem was that the OS X Partition is a logical one and boot0/boot1 doesn't support that. (It did earlier but was removed in favor of adding GPT support) 

I just hardcoded the LBA and now loading clover works.

Now I got another problem ;-)

When pressing enter to boot in Clover, the screen just turns black. No reboot, it just hangs. I attached my darwindump. Booting using chameleon works.

Also, http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/ is offline.

Archive.zip

Okay, I fixed this. The problem was that the OS X Partition is a logical one and boot0/boot1 doesn't support that. (It did earlier but was removed in favor of adding GPT support) 

I just hardcoded the LBA and now loading clover works.

Now I got another problem ;-)

When pressing enter to boot in Clover, the screen just turns black. No reboot, it just hangs. I attached my darwindump. Booting using chameleon works.

Also, http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/ is offline.

My friend you have a lot of wrong settings in your config.plist so i suggest booting with a minimum settings as it says in  wiki.

And then you have nullcpu.kext  and still trying generating states.

My best is to start with a fresh install of clover and OS to have a more vanilla install.

And dont forget that clover is not the same as chameleon.

My friend you have a lot of wrong settings in your config.plist so i suggest booting with a minimum settings as it says in  wiki.

And then you have nullcpu.kext  and still trying generating states.

My best is to start with a fresh install of clover and OS to have a more vanilla install.

And dont forget that clover is not the same as chameleon.

Hi there,

the configuration I have works well with UEFI-Clover, not only with chameleon ;-) I just can't use it due to other OS's I run for which no appropiate EFI-Loader is available.

When using a fresh config on BiosBoot-Clover the same problem occurs. Make sure to note that the black screen occurs directly after pressing enter on the start button - it does not even try to load kexts etc.

If you want, you can of course point out what these 'wrong settings' should be. But as it DOES work with UEFI-Clover it does not really seem to be a configuration issue.

So if it works ok with UEFI maybe it is not a configuration isue but where is your boot.log?

PS.

What do you want nullcpu.kext if its all ok.

Why do you have GenericUSBXHCI.kext and PXHCD.kext yjey both are  USB3 kexts.

I also wondered about the clover debug-file. Where can I find it? It is not in the root directory of my os x partition and not in /EFI/CLOVER/misc.

The thing with two USB3 kexts is true, but it doesn't help as the bootloader doesn't even get to the point of loading the kexts.

Any ideas how to get it running?

Debug file is saved /EFI/CLOVER/misc but only if it is formated fat32 and in Library/Logs/CloverEFI/ and only if you have installed rc.scripts.

I'm not sayng that your kexts are preventing clover to boot i'm sayng that they are wrong to have them.

Debug file is saved /EFI/CLOVER/misc but only if it is formated fat32 and in Library/Logs/CloverEFI/ and only if you have installed rc.scripts.

I'm not sayng that your kexts are preventing clover to boot i'm sayng that they are wrong to have them.

Hi,

I attached my debug.log. Any ideas how I can get clover working?

debug.txt

I changed SMBIOS and the info in the terminal became localhost and the info in the IOREGISTRYEXPLORER showed Unknown. Any fix?

It was Macmini6,2 before, Now it turns out to be unknown.

Before changing SMBIOS

post-216278-0-16931100-1373718244_thumb.png

After changing SMBIOS

post-216278-0-05055100-1373718286_thumb.png

I switched from legacy boot to full UEFI boot on an Asus P8H77-M LE.

I use Clover rev 1920.

Everything works except one thing: when I sleep the computer it goes to sleep just fine but wake just reboots the computer and it boots stating an error has occurred.

I've attached my bdmesg output.

Anybody have any idea's on how to fix sleep?

I had the same issues as you have now. I fixed it with a DSDT hack but with one issue right now. The issue is evry time you sleep and wake and reboot the rebooting cannot booting into OS X it automatically reboot again after that you can booting into OS X with clover UEFI.

I posted here, check it out. If this also fix for you please let me know.

I changed SMBIOS and the info in the terminal became localhost and the info in the IOREGISTRYEXPLORER showed Unknown. Any fix?

It was Macmini6,2 before, Now it turns out to be unknown.

You don't have a "computer name" defined for this different SMBIOS model.

System Preferences->Sharing->set a Computer Name

Clover detected 1024M vRam, but ML 10.8.4 showed only 7M vRam without any acceleration,  What's wrong?

Here's my setup:

Dell Optiplex 790mt core i5 4g ram amd hd6450 1g.  This machine worked fine with Chemeleon on ML1.8.2. I just did a 10.8.4 fresh install with Clover r1914.

I'v digged many posts, got no luck.

Any help?

Clover detected 1024M vRam, but ML 10.8.4 showed only 7M vRam without any acceleration,  What's wrong?

Here's my setup:

Dell Optiplex 790mt core i5 4g ram amd hd6450 1g.  This machine worked fine with Chemeleon on ML1.8.2. I just did a 10.8.4 fresh install with Clover r1914.

I'v digged many post, got no luck.

Any help?

LoadVBios=Yes

LoadVBios=Yes

Hi, Slice, thank you for the great job and quick reply!

I'd tried this already. Bootup info showed "Find xxx accelerator in * SLOT 1 *" or sth like that, but machine freezed after 2 or 3 seconds.

Hi, Slice, thank you for the great job and quick reply!

I'd tried this already. Bootup info showed "Find xxx accelerator in * SLOT 1 *" or sth like that, but machine freezed after 2 or 3 seconds.

It means VideoMemory is good now and VideoCard will work with full acceleration.

You just have to find a reason for freeze.

It means VideoMemory is good now and VideoCard will work with full acceleration.

You just have to find a reason for freeze.

Problem is, only if I add LoadVbios=Yes, will the machine freeze.

I think the reason of freeze could be video mode switching while entering desktop.

Should I put the bin file (renamed to 1002_6779.rom) dumped by Clover with F6 in device folder or ROM?

Will "PatchVBios" help?

Hola a todos! I've updated to the DP3 10.9 with great sucsees, With correct setting, nothing to do. Evertything works fine and the problem with AppleRTC patching has disappeared  in the last version of the Clover. Thanks to the developers of Clover!

Post your config.plist or make a Darwindumper if you can.

I'v uploaded my DarwinDumper reports.

I tried to patch ATI connectors, but got no luck. :(

Debug info showed Clover did nothing about that, weird.

Update:

Resolved!

Your config.plist was not so clear so this is how should be and you can make your correction for themes

and if you can post your config.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
    <dict>
        <key>KernelCpu</key>
        <false/>
        <key>ATIConnectorsController</key>
        <string>6000</string>
        <key>ATIConnectorsData</key>
        <string>000400000403000000010000120401050008000004020000000100001102040310000000100000000001000000000002</string>
        <key>ATIConnectorsPatch</key>
        <string>040000001402000000010000100001020008000004020000000100002103040410000000100000000001000000100001</string>
        <key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
        <true/>
        <key>AppleRTC</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>boot-args</key>
        <string>-v npci=0x2000 slide=0</string>
        <key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
        <string>en:0</string>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <true/>
        <key>LegacyBoot</key>
        <string>PBR</string>
    </dict>
    <key>SMBIOS</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BiosVendor</key>
        <string>Apple Inc.</string>
    </dict>
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectATI</key>
        <true/>
        <key>InjectIntel</key>
        <false/>
        <key>InjectNVidia</key>
        <false/>
        <key>VRAM</key>
        <integer>1024</integer>
        <key>VideoPorts</key>
        <integer>3</integer>
        <key>FBName</key>
        <string>Ipomoea</string>
    </dict>
    <key>PCI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>HDAInjection</key>
        <false/>
        <key>USBInjection</key>
        <true/>
        <key>USBFixOwnership</key>
        <true/>
        <key>InjectClockID</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>
    <key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DropOemSSDT</key>
        <true/>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <true/>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <true/>
        <key>PluginType</key>
        <integer>1</integer>
    </dict>
    <key>GUI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Theme</key>
        <string>black_green</string>
        <key>Timeout</key>
        <integer>5</integer>
        <key>Mouse</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Speed</key>
            <integer>2</integer>
        </dict>
        <key>Volumes</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Legacy</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>
    </dict>
    <key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>LogLineCount</key>
        <integer>3000</integer>
        <key>LogEveryBoot</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

@alexanderq:

I'v tried your config.plist. No go... :(

Only 5Mb VRam detected by ML.

@Slice:

I found GPU crashed with LoadVBios=Yes.

I managed to ssh in, and got dmesg output:

Update:

Resolved finally.

All trouble caused by a corrupted ATI6000Controller.kext.

Thanks guys!

:)