Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,872 posts in this topic

I want to use UEFI OSX booting on my S2600CP2 board.

I'm not sure if the board has UEFI  capabilities but I know it has an EFI shell and I know that when I try to boot using an Ubuntu USB installer, I can see the "UEFI: ubuntu" option in the list of bootable drives.

I followed this guide (https://github.com/Pavo-IM/CloverInstall/wiki/Yosemite) when creating a bootable UEFI clover USB installer.

When booting the OSX USB installer, there's no UEFI label unlike in Ubuntu. I have no choice but to select the USB stick from the selection and when it tries to boot, all I see is the cursor blinking.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Thanks a lot!

ps. From what I can remember all SATA ports on the board are configured as AHCI. not sure if this matters.
If you created a UEFI USB maybe try legacy and see if it boots? Or try updating the firmware for the board first?
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/56333/Intel-Server-Board-S2600CP2

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I want to use UEFI OSX booting on my S2600CP2 board.

I'm not sure if the board has UEFI  capabilities but I know it has an EFI shell and I know that when I try to boot using an Ubuntu USB installer, I can see the "UEFI: ubuntu" option in the list of bootable drives.

I followed this guide (https://github.com/Pavo-IM/CloverInstall/wiki/Yosemite) when creating a bootable UEFI clover USB installer.

When booting the OSX USB installer, there's no UEFI label unlike in Ubuntu. I have no choice but to select the USB stick from the selection and when it tries to boot, all I see is the cursor blinking.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Thanks a lot!

ps. From what I can remember all SATA ports on the board are configured as AHCI. not sure if this matters.
If you created a UEFI USB maybe try legacy and see if it boots? Or try updating the firmware for the board first?

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

1. Board is already running latest firmware. But I don't think matters much since I can boot on UEFI when using Ubuntu? I've actually tried other Linux distros and everyone one of them gave me the option to start Linux using UEFI.

2. The board is already running OSX at the moment but using legacy. 

The reason why I want to use UEFI is that I've read that I need UEFI to use NVMe.

46 minutes ago, mrjayviper said:

1. Board is already running latest firmware. But I don't think matters much since I can boot on UEFI when using Ubuntu? I've actually tried other Linux distros and everyone one of them gave me the option to start Linux using UEFI.

2. The board is already running OSX at the moment but using legacy. 

The reason why I want to use UEFI is that I've read that I need UEFI to use NVMe.

Hi

1. What version of Clover? Do you use UEFI/ESP and Driver64UEFI for USB pen drive?

2. What version of macOS?

3. What kind of partition for macOS? Do you have EFI and Recovery Partition?

20 hours ago, mrjayviper said:

Has anyone actually used an NVMe drive as boot drive on OSX? If yes, what it working on legacy or UEFI? Thanks

You just have to add a NVMe-Driver to your bios and flash the modded bios.

On win-raid.com you will find all pertaining information:

Win-Raid Forum - [Guide] How to get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

You will need an PCIe-Adapter for the NVMe though.

Edit:

I added the files from https://www.win-raid.com/t3557f13-Small-NvmExpressDxe-driver.html

Credit goes to to win-raid.com user Ethaniel.

NvmExpressDxe_Small_Compressed.ffs

NvmExpressDxe_Small.efi

NvmExpressDxe_Small.ffs

Edited by Si Vis Pacem
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

1. What version of Clover? Do you use UEFI/ESP and Driver64UEFI for USB pen drive?

I followed whatever is in the guide that I linked. I've only tried high Sierra and using GPT. 

After installing clover with UEFI option, I have an EFI volume.

7 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

I followed whatever is in the guide that I linked. I've only tried high Sierra and using GPT. 

-----

I think this is not allowed but I also created an UEFI USB installer using uni_beast for high Sierra.

Edited by mrjayviper

49 minutes ago, mrjayviper said:

-----

I think this is not allowed but I also created an UEFI USB installer using uni_beast for high Sierra.

U*** not allowed.  

See insanelymac's guide on this forum: Here

On 6/27/2018 at 7:24 AM, mrjayviper said:

Has anyone actually used an NVMe drive as boot drive on OSX? If yes, what it working on legacy or UEFI? Thanks

NVMe drives boot natively via UEFI since macOS 10.13—nothing extra is necessary. I've been using one since September of last year.

No clue re: legacy (no idea why anyone should care anymore either).

• Like 1

I have a bit of a quirky one for all you smarties. I just recently bought a corsair strafe rgb keyboard and a corsair glaive rgb mouse to upgrade the old coolermaster cm octane combo. To begin with I did not have any issues with the old peripherals. On a cold boot both the new mouse and keyboard work in clover gui without an issue, meaning I can select the OS or choose options etc.. but on a reboot either from windows to macOS or macOS to windows or even macOS to macOS the new keyboard refuses to allow me to select anything but the mouse works (luckily) and upon entering the chosen OS the keyboard works flawlessly so it is only an issue in the clover gui. I have tried different USB ports both 2.0 and 3.0. I've tried the kbddxe.efi (can't remember exact name) driver and still having the same issue. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited by SavageAUS

25 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I have a bit of a quirky one for all you smarties. I just recently bought a corsair strafe rgb keyboard and a corsair glaive rgb mouse to upgrade the old coolermaster cm octane combo. To begin with I did not have any issues with the old peripherals. On a cold boot both the new mouse and keyboard work in clover gui without an issue, meaning I can select the OS or choose options etc.. but on a reboot either from windows to macOS or macOS to windows or even macOS to macOS the new keyboard refuses to allow me to select anything but the mouse works (luckily) and upon entering the chosen OS the keyboard works flawlessly so it is only an issue in the clover gui. I have tried different USB ports both 2.0 and 3.0. I've tried the kbddxe.efi (can't remember exact name) driver and still having the same issue. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Have you tried changing you polling selection to 1 on the keyboard switch?

28 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Mmm... I remember having some similar issues... But it was kind of the other way around. Meaning it didn't work on a cold boot. But it did work after restart...

Anyway, have you tried AptioInputFix.efi? Does it make any difference in your case? Also, if you have any other input drivers, maybe you should try to remove those before trying this one, in case they're not compatible.

Another thing you might wanna try is remove USB injection kexts/patches, if you're using any, and try to use Apple's default ones. :) Anyway, I'm not sure why exactly do you have this issue... And I told you, in my case, it was quite the opposite. But that's what I would do, if I were you.

Edited by arsradu

15 hours ago, arsradu said:

Mmm... I remember having some similar issues... But it was kind of the other way around. Meaning it didn't work on a cold boot. But it did work after restart...

Anyway, have you tried AptioInputFix.efi? Does it make any difference in your case? Also, if you have any other input drivers, maybe you should try to remove those before trying this one, in case they're not compatible.

Another thing you might wanna try is remove USB injection kexts/patches, if you're using any, and try to use Apple's default ones. :) Anyway, I'm not sure why exactly do you have this issue... And I told you, in my case, it was quite the opposite. But that's what I would do, if I were you.

I just tried AptioInputFix.efi and it makes no difference, I have removed all input drivers and that didn't help. Next I'll try removing my ssdt for USB.

Edit

Nothing I have tried will make the keyboard work in clover gui except returning to windows and installing the default firmware. The mac firmware I was provided was causing the issue.

Edited by SavageAUS

52 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

In clover gui, it has an option to disable kexts in clover folder. how to do it in config.plist?

I believe there's no such option. Surely you can just delete/move the unwanted kexts.

2 hours ago, ellaosx said:

In clover gui, it has an option to disable kexts in clover folder. how to do it in config.plist?

Yes, you can disabled any kexts you don't want at start in GUI, since r4202. in Clover/Options/Kext  Injection Management (something like that)

You can edit config.plist since r4294: @slice

Enter Shell

Shell> fs0:

fs0:> cd EFI\CLOVER

fs0:\EFI\CLOVER> edit config.plist

Press F2 to save the result

Press F3 to exit from editing

fs0:> exit

you will return to Clover

14 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

Define "..."

It is only a separator between two actions: the editing of the config and the backup. That's all.

So you edit config.plist et save the result in shell

36 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

That is not what i asked in the first place. I think you have misunderstood it

Ok :)

I think you don't read what I write before: "you can disabled any kexts you don't want at start in GUI, since r4202. in Clover/Options/Kext  Injection Management (something like that)" 

Edited by Matgen84

10 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I think you don't read what I write before: "you can disabled any kexts you don't want at start in GUI, since r4202. in Clover/Options/Kext  Injection Management (something like that)" 

I have read it and im fully aware of that procedure :)

• Like 1