Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Please guys test the attached prefpanes.

@Slice I've ended up to correct the Clover PrefPane to a modern obj-c that use automatic reference counting, and I fixed some possible leaks. That after I see that the .xib file is no longer compilable with newer Xcode, and the best I can do is a compilation that require at least Xcode 5 (Mountain Lion?). The deployment target is 10.7 ...so snow is out.. 

Now I'm going to look at the CloverUpdater if needs update..

Clover.prefPane.zip

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vector sigma said:

@Slice I've ended up to correct the Clover PrefPane to a modern obj-c that use automatic reference counting, and I fixed some possible leaks. That after I see that the .xib file is no longer compilable with newer Xcode, and the best I can do is a compilation that require at least Xcode 5 (Mountain Lion?). The deployment target is 10.7 ...so snow is out.. 

Clover.prefPane.zip

Seems to be working. Also, no more issues when building with this Clover.prefPane in Dark Mode. Thank you!

310632217_Screenshot2018-07-19at22_07_14.png.4c034cd899423502e035a5d5b63d48ea.png

Edited by arsradu
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Please test r4612 in mojave (just committed)

New src folder. Start from scratch. Seems ok for CloverPrefPane... Not ok for CloverUpdater...yet. 

1008023089_Screenshot2018-07-19at23_19_00.png.c799f7c573d274f4996d6aad54ef3a8f.png

Edited by arsradu
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Clover.prefPane.zip

Snow users will use old prefpanel.

Glad to see you are working on this.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Clover PrefPane (r4614) is broken under OS X El Capitan 10.11.6.

Screenshot.png

#EDIT: Built with Xcode 8.2.1

Is called "Auto layout" introduced in 10.7 when all the views in the container have constraints that decide how to resize them. Building in mojave the same prefpane works without problem in El Capitan (tested here).. sign that is Xcode 8 to have problem. What I can do is to disable autolayout... this way the window will not fit entirely the new size in newer OSes in System Preferences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

and now this is the message on snow :P

I know is not working anymore on snow but message is weird

Capture.png.017a4be8076fc20f8f096e2c53f673c3.png

As already said. The deployment target is now 10.7. So why you updated it? wanted to see the error? Lol

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, vector sigma said:

As already said. The deployment target is now 10.7. So why you updated it?

I know is just test what append :lol:

I reput my old panel now and its work:angel_not:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

I reput my old panel now and its work:angel_not:

Not sure with "reput" here, did you mean rolling back from prev. rev?

BTW, I just rebuilt with 10.7 as macOS Deploy Target, but the Layout issue is still there.. 

19 hours ago, arsradu said:

New src folder. Start from scratch. Seems ok for CloverPrefPane... Not ok for CloverUpdater...yet. 

1008023089_Screenshot2018-07-19at23_19_00.png.c799f7c573d274f4996d6aad54ef3a8f.png

Not my fault I guess. You have to call make clean in CloverPackage before build it again. Try anyway latest revision (in 4615 I've added in the make file the clean of the build folder..was missing, so now Xcode can't reuse old xibs)

EDIT

didin't see you where talking about using a fresh source. Let me know if persist. (my build is 18A326h using Xcode 10 beta 4)

7 hours ago, Slice said:

Snow users will use old prefpanel.

Glad to see you are working on this.

Thanks. Unfortunately my days are full until the vacation in august :cry:

Edited by vector sigma
  • Thanks 1

About Snow Leopard. It's hard to remove errors or update old projects without having it, surely you know that newer Xcode ask to convert to a new format to allow you to work on. To give the possibility to build Clover's Applications with Xcode 5 had to work first with Xcode 10 and when I see all working had to go back in Sierra to use Xcode 9 and convert back the project to be usable with Xcode 8. Done the same thing, this time rebooting in Sierra to use Xcode 8... same again in El capitan using Xcode 7 to  make the project compatible with Xcode 5:blink:. I don't have more old OSes to try and see if we can go back further.. Snow anyway is really really old and no one (in fact) use it.. Not me saying that..use google. One of the most used old OS is Mavericks that was good (ML and Lion ..brrrr..). Anyway the Clover package should be compilable using Mountain Lion and Xcode 5, and be aware that I'm not talking about compiling Clover binaries that is another story.

Edited by vector sigma
some typos Lol
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

About Snow Leopard. Its hard to remove errors or update old projects without having it, surely you know that newer Xcode ask to convert to a new format to allow you to work on. To give the possibility to build Clover's Applications with Xcode 5 had to work first with Xcode 10 and when I see all working had to go back in Sierra to use Xcode 8 and convert back the project to be usable with Xcode 7. Done the same thing, this time rebooting in El Capitan to use Xcode 7... and so make the project compatible with Xcode 5:blink:. I don't have more old OSes to try and see if we can go back further.. Snow anyway is really really old and no one (in fact) use it.. Not me saying that..use google. One of the most used old oses is Mavericks that was a good OS (ML and Lion ..brrrr..). Anyway the Clover package should be compilable using Mountain Lion and Xcode 5, and be aware that I'm talking about compiling Clover binaries that is another story.

Screenshot 1.png

Yes right

I am using Snow and Lion only for Fun and chalenge:D

some old app is really cool to using on both Os

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Not my fault I guess. You have to call make clean in CloverPackage before build it again. Try anyway latest revision (in 4615 I've added in the make file the clean of the build folder..was missing, so now Xcode can't reuse old xibs)

Thanks. Unfortunately my days are full until the vacation in august :cry:

I test a clean src folder and I've same issue as @arsradu on Mojave/ Xcode 10. Build with UDK2018 script.

Thanks for your good job

7 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I test a clean src folder and I've same issue as @arsradu on Mojave/ Xcode 10. Build with UDK2018 script.

can you manually cd into CloverPackage and call make clean?

in order:

cd /path/to/CloverPackage
make clean
make pkg

11 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Mojave/ Xcode 10. Build with UDK2018 script.

also can I take a look to that script you mentioned?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

can you manually cd into CloverPackage and call make clean?

in order:

cd /path/to/CloverPackage
make clean
make pkg

also can I take a look to that script you mentioned?

Ok for make clean.

I use Clover Builder.app v1.1.9 from cvad. Script attached.

script

Edited by Matgen84

# Инсталлятор Clover_v2.4k_rXXXX.pkg собирается вот так:
cd "${HOME}/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage";
#./makepkg
make pkg

should be

#./makepkg
make clean
make pkg

but I'm waiting your test..

Edited by vector sigma

16 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

#./makepkg
make pkg

should be

#./makepkg
make clean
make pkg

but I'm waiting your test..

After manually cd into CloverPackage and call make clean: I've this issue. Same thing with the command into the script.

========= Translating Resources ========
/Users/mathieu/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/package/../../../../opt/local
Updating 'en' strings file for CloverUpdater... done
Updating 'en' strings file for Clover Preference Panel... done
Updating strings file for Clover Preference Panel... done
Error: 'msgmerge -U /var/folders/gf/_f1fnn4n0yq2pq6y5jg9yh9h0000gn/T/po.qsQMZNt4/de.po /var/folders/gf/_f1fnn4n0yq2pq6y5jg9yh9h0000gn/T/po.qsQMZNt4/clover.pot --lang=de --previous --width=79 --previous --backup=none' exited with value 1.

make: *** [pkg] Error 1

Edited by Matgen84

8 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

After manually cd into CloverPackage and call make clean: I've this issue. Same thing with the command into the script.

========= Translating Resources ========
/Users/mathieu/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/package/../../../../opt/local
Updating 'en' strings file for CloverUpdater... done
Updating 'en' strings file for Clover Preference Panel... done
Updating strings file for Clover Preference Panel... done
Error: 'msgmerge -U /var/folders/gf/_f1fnn4n0yq2pq6y5jg9yh9h0000gn/T/po.qsQMZNt4/de.po /var/folders/gf/_f1fnn4n0yq2pq6y5jg9yh9h0000gn/T/po.qsQMZNt4/clover.pot --lang=de --previous --width=79 --previous --backup=none' exited with value 1.

make: *** [pkg] Error 1

Aaaaah! But this looks like a problem with the gettext you have! is old? You upgraded from an old OS?

Try to remove it:

rm -f /Users/mathieu/src/opt/local/bin/gettext

and then re run your script... let me know!

...in mojave all command line must be "Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64"

EDIT

..and of course you cannot copy the "/Users/mathieu/src/opt" from another OS.... can cause this problems:wink_anim:

• Like 1