Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,869 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

With AptiomemoryFix, you can use apfsDriverLoader. This driver is compatible only with Aptiomemory. :)

I don't think so. Just AptioMemoryFix R20- had a bug so why you have to update it.

ApfsDriverLoader need no any Fix.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Slice said:

I don't think so. Just AptioMemoryFix R20- had a bug so why you have to update it.

ApfsDriverLoader need no any Fix.

Yes, you're right. But I don't wrote apfsdriverloader need any fix

On readme.md from apfsupportPkg: I read that "WARNING: Compatible only with AptioMemoryFix R21+ and loaded PartitionDriver (PartitionDXE)"

11 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Yes, you're right. But I don't wrote apfsdriverloader need any fix

On readme.md from apfsupportPkg: I read that "WARNING: Compatible only with AptioMemoryFix R21+ and loaded PartitionDriver (PartitionDXE)"

I'm using ApfsDriverLoader with OsxAptioFixDrv3 with no problems and working hardware NVRAM.

So far, IDK if placebo or not, but I do experience less glitches with OsxAptioFixDrv3 than AptioMemoryFix on my Sandy Bridge laptop.

• Like 1

weird issue with the vboxhfs-64.efi

I created 3 striped array.

1. 2x 80GB

2. 3x 1TB

3. 5x 1TB

I get a bootloop on the 2 and 3. No issues on 1. Clover doesn't even display the volume/HDD selection screen. Bootloops immediately before it gets to this screen.

As a test, I replaced vboxhfs with hfsplus and and I can finally boot on 3. I'm guessing 2 shouldn't be a problem anymore.

does this mean vboxhfs has some sort of storage limit?

Thanks!

-------------

Another question please: Is it advisable to install all the provided drivers?

I'm not installing anything extra for drivers64. Just the already selected options. For drivers64UEFI, I'm adding AptioMemoryFix and EmuVariableUefi-64.

Thanks again.

Edited by mrjayviper

On 6/18/2018 at 12:28 AM, arsradu said:

Hi guys,

Are the drivers that Clover proposes for installation documented anywhere? I know some of them are. But I couldn't find a proper description for most of them.

And the description within the installer itself is far from being...descriptive enough. :))

So, unless you used them before, or you somehow know what they are good for, it's very hard to choose the right ones. Rule of thumb is usually start with only a few ones. But how do you know WHICH ones? Especially since they're not grouped in any way. You don't know which ones are good for what.

Some of them are documented here, for as far as I could see. Some of them are in Clover Change Explanations thread...and some others probably scattered throughout the forum.

I can collect them in a single thread, that's not a problem (in case nobody did that already). Although, in my opinion, the first place where they should be documented, is on the Clover Wiki. After that, they should be in the actual description box of the installer itself.

Still, in order to do that, I would still need a good description for each one of them, in terms of what they are, and what are they good for. Also, whether or not they create conflicts with other drivers.

I totally agree on the lack of proper documentation on the drivers, I'll be more than happy to help on creating a thread with you but if some of our streamed coders and devs can point us in the right direction.

• Like 4

On 6/15/2018 at 9:13 PM, savvamitrofanov said:

Yep you can remove apfs.efi. 

This loader loads apfs.efi from JSDR section inside APFS Container which located on blockio device

hi. i tested latest ApfsDriverLoader.efi with latest AptioMemoryFix.efi and PartitionDxe-64.efi. but i can't see apfs partition entry in GUI. 

there is no problem in v1.0.2

since v1.1.0, i never get entry in GUI.

thanks

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ellaosx said:

PartitionDXE is needed by ApfsDriverLoader?

12 hours ago, MICKHAEL said:

false.

But according to the dev of apfsloader, it is.

https://github.com/acidanthera/ApfsSupportPkg/blob/master/README.md

13 hours ago, ellaosx said:

PartitionDXE is needed by ApfsDriverLoader?

12 hours ago, MICKHAEL said:

false.

17 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

in my case, i never get apfs entry. 

already i followed readme. but still not success.

only ApfsDriverLoader v1.0.2 works for me.

12 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

hi. i tested latest ApfsDriverLoader.efi with latest AptioMemoryFix.efi and PartitionDxe-64.efi. but i can't see apfs partition entry in GUI. 

there is no problem in v1.0.2

since v1.1.0, i never get entry in GUI.

thanks

I had the same problem with legacy booting of apfs Mojave partition on my GA-P55aUD3 (system 2 in signature). 

ApfsDriverLoader.efi v1.0.2 works but not 1.1.0 or newer (even with PartitionDxe-64.efi in /drivers64).

No problems with UEFI booting apfs volumes on my NUC6i5SYH however, using ApfsDriverLoader.efi v1.1.0 & newer, no PartitionDxe-64.efi. in /drivers64UEFI.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

HI

Can apfs.efi Mojave version be use on High Sierra 10.13.5 in /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI ?

Any ideas? Please.

Yep. It's backwards compatible with High Sierra.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 2

I bet the problem in drivers boot order in Clover, so Clover loads drivers from drivers64uefi by alphabet starting from A ... Z that means that ApfsDriverLoader loads before PartitionDXE - thats the problem. You can try to rename PartitionDxe to something like A1 and ApfsDriverLoader to A2 and report

I'll fix it in next version

Edited by savvamitrofanov
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, savvamitrofanov said:

I bet the problem in drivers boot order in Clover, so Clover loads drivers from drivers64uefi by alphabet starting from A ... Z that means that ApfsDriverLoader loads before PartitionDXE - thats the problem. You can try to rename PartitionDxe to something like A1 and ApfsDriverLoader to A2 and report

insanelymac's upload isn't working. so i uploaded image in imagur.

here

https://imgur.com/a/f92xtg5

i'm using CLOVER UEFI. i tested both PartitionDxe and without PartitionDxe and changed name. but still not work..

only v1.0.2 works

7 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

insanelymac's upload isn't working. so i uploaded image in imagur.

here

https://imgur.com/a/f92xtg5

i'm using CLOVER UEFI. i tested both PartitionDxe and without PartitionDxe and changed name. but still not work..

only v1.0.2 works

Hello! Try to load debug 1.1.1 version manually from shell and give me debug information from ApfsDriverLoader and drivers list from shell

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, savvamitrofanov said:

Hello! Try to load debug 1.1.1 version manually from shell and give me debug information from ApfsDriverLoader and drivers list from shell

i can't get log.

i followed this

change name ApfsDriverLoader.efi to 1

then place 1.efi in ESP 

load -nc 1.efi > 1.txt

- ApfsSupport-v1.1.1-DEBUG -

Image 'FS0:\1.efi' loaded at D4E69000 - Success

- ApfsSupport-v1.0.2-DEBUG -

Image 'FS0:\2.efi' loaded at D4DCE000 - Success
Apfs Container found.
CsbMagic: 4253584E
Should be: 4253584E
Container Blocksize: 4096 bytes
ContainerSuperblock checksum: 4659DE52DE399B7E 
EfiBootRecord located at: 1479746 block
EfiBootRecordBlock offset: 175D42000 
EfiBootRecordBlock checksum: 3EEB3E142E7E793F
ApfsDriver located at: 2835065 block
ApfsDriver offset: 2C0B79000 
ApfsDriver size: 610304 bytes
Loading apfs.efi from memory!

- PartitionDxe / ApfsSupport-v1.1.1-DEBUG -

3.efi = PartitionDxe

1.efi = ApfsSupport-v1.1.1-DEBUG

Image 'FS0:\3.efi' loaded at D4E5D000 - Success

Image 'FS0:\1.efi' loaded at D4E58000 - Success

still no luck

Edited by Sherlocks

53 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

i can't get log.

i followed this

change name ApfsDriverLoader.efi to 1

then place 1.efi in ESP 

load -nc 1.efi > 1.txt

- ApfsSupport-v1.1.1-DEBUG -

Image 'FS0:\1.efi' loaded at D4E69000 - Success

- ApfsSupport-v1.0.2-DEBUG -

Image 'FS0:\2.efi' loaded at D4DCE000 - Success
Apfs Container found.
CsbMagic: 4253584E
Should be: 4253584E
Container Blocksize: 4096 bytes
ContainerSuperblock checksum: 4659DE52DE399B7E 
EfiBootRecord located at: 1479746 block
EfiBootRecordBlock offset: 175D42000 
EfiBootRecordBlock checksum: 3EEB3E142E7E793F
ApfsDriver located at: 2835065 block
ApfsDriver offset: 2C0B79000 
ApfsDriver size: 610304 bytes
Loading apfs.efi from memory!

- PartitionDxe / ApfsSupport-v1.1.1-DEBUG -

3.efi = PartitionDxe

1.efi = ApfsSupport-v1.1.1-DEBUG

Image 'FS0:\3.efi' loaded at D4E5D000 - Success

Image 'FS0:\1.efi' loaded at D4E58000 - Success

still no luck

Partitiondxe should start before ApfsDriverLoader. Rename  ApfsDriverLoader to Z.efi and keep partitiondxe it's original name

12 minutes ago, savvamitrofanov said:

Partitiondxe should start before ApfsDriverLoader. Rename  ApfsDriverLoader to Z.efi and keep partitiondxe it's original name

changed name still no luck.

i typed manual load in shell.

first load PartitionDxe.efi

then v1.1.1 debug version.

still no luck. i think i tested all cases enough. i never success v1.1.1

Edited by Sherlocks
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

changed name still no luck.

i typed manual load in shell.

first load PartitionDxe.efi

then v1.1.1 debug version.

still no luck. i think i tested all cases enough. i never success v1.1.1

Partitiondxe needs connecting, which implemented in Clover. Push ApfsDriverLoader with name zz.efi and partitiondxe with its name in drivers64uefi and start Clover - it should work 

5 minutes ago, savvamitrofanov said:

Partitiondxe needs connecting, which implemented in Clover. Push ApfsDriverLoader with name zz.efi and partitiondxe with its name in drivers64uefi and start Clover - it should work

still no luck.

first checked PartitionDxe efi file load with v1.0.2. yes it's connecting in log.

then i changed name zz.efi from ApfsDriverLoader(1.1.1 Debug). then push it in Drivers64UEFI folder. and reboot. there is still no entry in GUI. it is same like i reported before

4 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

still no luck.

first checked PartitionDxe efi file load with v1.0.2. yes it's connecting in log.

then i changed name zz.efi from ApfsDriverLoader(1.1.1 Debug). then push it in Drivers64UEFI folder. and reboot. there is still no entry in GUI. it is same like i reported before

Nasty situation! However I'll fix it soon in next version. Thank you for testing

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, savvamitrofanov said:

Nasty situation! However I'll fix it soon in next version.

IMHO, Clover does not sort .efi files by name/.... It just load them as they listed in folder directory (random).

• Like 2

Your driver should not rely on loading order.

If you have a dependency then you must write your driver with check and wait until your dependency satisfied.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

still no luck.

well in my case its loading just ok os x without partitiondxe

(uefi apfs container)

• Like 1