Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

I put the hdd in another hack and the clover from the hack won't start with hdd connected, I think it's because Mac partition from hdd

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Since you can't boot that HDD with an external USB drive (with Clover on it), it is probably the OS partition... Did you try a repair from Recovery? Can you access the Recovery partition? As a last resort, you could probably just reinstall the OS over the existing version, with no wipe, which you can also do from Recovery.

• Like 1

Since you can't boot that HDD with an external USB drive (with Clover on it), it is probably the OS partition... Did you try a repair from Recovery? Can you access the Recovery partition? As a last resort, you could probably just reinstall the OS over the existing version, with no wipe.

The problem is I can't boot clover with this hdd attached, scan entries stuck

The problem is I can't boot clover with this hdd attached, scan entries stuck

You're right. Scratch that. You can't get into any partition, not just the OS... But...what was the last thing you changed? It's kinda weird that all of the sudden you can't boot that HDD anymore.

• Like 1

You're right. Scratch that. You can't get into any partition, not just the OS... But...what was the last thing you changed? It's kinda weird that all of the sudden you can't boot that HDD anymore.

I'd turned off filevault and after restart this problem appears

I'd turned off filevault and after restart this problem appears

And with the USB drive, you also get stuck at "scanning devices..."? Cause in this case, it's not the HDD (since you don't boot Clover from it, but from the USB), and it's not Clover either, since the same Clover got you into the OS the first time, enough to switch ON/OFF FileVault...

Can you enter Clover UI without the HDD (from the USB drive)? As in... physically disconnected.

• Like 1

And with the USB drive, you also get stuck at "scanning devices..."? Cause in this case, it's not the HDD (since you don't boot Clover from it, but from the USB), and it's not Clover either, since the same Clover got you into the OS the first time, enough to switch ON/OFF FileVault...

Can you enter Clover UI without the HDD (from the USB drive)? As in... physically disconnected.

Yeah I can boot without the hdd.

I solved, thanks for your time, here is what I do:

I take hdd from laptop and put in my other hack when mac os is loaded(thanks to sata hotplug feature)

Then I run first aid on the mac partition from hdd and then I was able to boot clover with hdd installed.

Now I put hdd back in my laptop and decryption is continuing.

Sorry for off topic :D

Yeah I can boot without the hdd.

I solved, thanks for your time, here is what I do:

I take hdd from laptop and put in my other hack when mac os is loaded(thanks to sata hotplug feature)

Then I run first aid on the mac partition from hdd and then I was able to boot clover with hdd installed.

Now I put hdd back in my laptop and decryption is continuing.

Sorry for off topic :D

Well, then that's the problem. It wasn't done yet. :) Maybe... 

And as for the SATA hotplug feature, that's exactly what I was planning to exploit in an attempt to reinstall the OS from the USB.

Well, glad you fixed this one too. :)

• Like 1

What can I say, I'm a hoarder lol. I like to make sure I have backups :-)))

Yay gimme prize or title

Clover Collector

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ha! I have even more than that!

Thanks but I solved my problem in another way, I injected EDID and checked PatchVBios and now I have full hd resolution at boot.

I have another problem but I don't think it's the right thread for it: The Built-in Display is detected as Projector.

I have never been able to get full resolution at boot no matter what I do. I tried injecting EDID and PatchVBios but it doesn’t work. I tried putting the Video ROM in the correct folder but that does nothing.

Do you mind me asking how you pulled your EDID?

I have never been able to get full resolution at boot no matter what I do. I tried injecting EDID and PatchVBios but it doesn’t work. I tried putting the Video ROM in the correct folder but that does nothing.

From windows, but it's possible from Mac too, are much tutorial on the internet for this.

I'm not sure if this is a clover issue, but I believe it might be:

El Capitan 2017-003 Security Update for 10.11.6 has caused issues booting on one of my machines (others are starting to report this issue too). For me, I get stuck at the OsxAptioFixDrv screen (before loading OS X). For others, it restarts in an infinite loop. For me it just hangs.

Would this have something to do with the Clover configuration? I was on r4061 and I updated to the latest stable, still having those issues. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You can use Darwin Dumper to extract the EDID. One of the best tools I've ever used.

For as far as I know, Clover already detects and injects EDID by default. I could be wrong though...

But anyway, you do have the option to use your own, if you so desire. And Darwin Dumper is, in my opinion, the easiest way to get it on MacOS.

By the way, if the card in your signature is the one you want to use for this case, there might be another way to do it:

1. UEFI GOP VBIOS (if you don't already have it). Basically the video card's ROM (you can request it on manufacturer's forums, usually). You can check if you already have a "UEFI" ROM using GPU-Z on Windows (I'm not aware of a Mac tool that can do that, but there probably are).

2. Disable Windows CSM (Compatibility Support Module) in BIOS. You don't need it, unless you're planning on putting XP on that machine. Which... I don't know why would anyone want to do, but yeah, for newer versions of Windows, you certainly don't need it.

That should bring you full native resolution in preboot.

• Like 1

@LuCyr04,

Which filesystem drivers do you have? If you enable filevault but don't have HFSPlus.efi from Apple firmware then will get stuck trying to access the partition.

@pkdesign,

I have two different settings in the firmware setup menu, CSM and Option ROM preference. If CSM is enabled, the other option allows to select the preference of legacy or UEFI option ROM for devices. However, no matter what if I enable CSM then my resolution is limited to 1024x768 and 800x600. If CSM is disabled I get full range of resolutions.

Thank you thats Solved my Boot resolution issue  B)

Ah, yes, I should point out that you should probably make sure your GPU has a UEFI capable option ROM first, otherwise, you'll have no graphics and need to reset your firmware NVRAM from the motherboard hardware (if the motherboard has such a feature - a laptop likely does not).

Ah, yes, I should point out that you should probably make sure your GPU has a UEFI capable option ROM first, otherwise, you'll have no graphics and need to reset your firmware NVRAM from the motherboard hardware (if the motherboard has such a feature - a laptop likely does not).

No probleme for Graphics, its verry good now at boot screen, my icons are all perfectly uniform

Do you remember how to recover the Windows 10 Logo at boot, I Lost , just have the spinning wheel

• Like 1

Even if you already know how to use Clover to set big resolution your nvidia card is limited to this list

static TABLE_0 nvda_res[RESOLUTIONS_NUMBER] = {
  {1280,  720},
  {1280,  800},
  {1360,  768},
  {1400, 1050},
  {1440,  900},
  {1600,  900},
  {1600, 1200},
  {1680, 1050},
  {1920, 1080},
  {1920, 1200},
  {2048, 1536}
};

Sorry, PatchVBios for Nvidia limited to this list.

• Like 1

No probleme for Graphics, its verry good now at boot screen, my icons are all perfectly uniform

Do you remember how to recover the Windows 10 Logo at boot, I Lost , just have the spinning wheel

Hi Chris

For windows boot logo at start, If your system is booting in legacy mode - you get Windows Logo

If your system in booting in UEFI mode - you get OEM logo

On my system, I've just Asus logo (my motherboard) with the spinning wheel

But if you want to custom logo: you can try this, https://github.com/Metabolix/HackBGRT/releases. Or using Windows ICD: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/mt683761(v=vs.85).aspx

• Like 1

Hi Chris

For windows boot logo at start, If your system is booting in legacy mode - you get Windows Logo

But if you want to custom logo: you can try this, https://github.com/Metabolix/HackBGRT/releases. Or using Windows ICD: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/mt683761(v=vs.85).aspx

Try to disable fast boot logo display to get windows logo instead of oem & still uefi.

Edited by cecekpawon
  • Like 2

Even if you already know how to use Clover to set big resolution your nvidia card is limited to this list

static TABLE_0 nvda_res[RESOLUTIONS_NUMBER] = {
  {1360,  768},
};

Sorry, PatchVBios for Nvidia limited to this list.

Agree, also happened on Linux with Grub2 as well. Can't get proper native resolution on boot screen, so under Clover GUI set to 1360x768 w/o PatchVBios is enough for me. (Nvidia: Legacy)

2:747  0:000  === [ InitScreen ] ========================================
2:747  0:000  SetScreenResolution: 1360x768 - setting Mode 3
2:747  0:000  BV new mode: 3 1360x768
3:037  0:290  Video mode change to mode #3: Success
3:102  0:064  Console modes reported: 4, available modes:
3:102  0:000   - [01]: 80x25
3:102  0:000   - [03]: 100x31
3:102  0:000   - [04]: 170x40 (current mode)
3:102  0:000  SetScreenResolution: 1360x768 - already set 

• Like 1

0x3E7 disables more protections than 0x67. (Sorry unfortunately I can't tell what the exact items are right now.)

Sist I have modified crstat here to be more csrutil like.. included binary to test.

Is anyone had graphic mode with apple logo while booting with active nvram boot-args "-v" & edit/delete it from Clover GUI supposed not to boot in verbose mode? Mine is just black. Starting boot.efi with StartEFILoadedImage + LoadOptions doesnt take effect? Thanks

• Like 2

Agree, also happened on Linux with Grub2 as well. Can't get proper native resolution on boot screen, so under Clover GUI set to 1360x768 w/o PatchVBios is enough for me. (Nvidia: Legacy)

2:747  0:000  === [ InitScreen ] ========================================
2:747  0:000  SetScreenResolution: 1360x768 - setting Mode 3
2:747  0:000  BV new mode: 3 1360x768
3:037  0:290  Video mode change to mode #3: Success
3:102  0:064  Console modes reported: 4, available modes:
3:102  0:000   - [01]: 80x25
3:102  0:000   - [03]: 100x31
3:102  0:000   - [04]: 170x40 (current mode)
3:102  0:000  SetScreenResolution: 1360x768 - already set

I first see 1360x768. Is it correct 1366x768?

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 1

I first see 1360x768. Is it correct 1366x768?

Yup, 1360~ is near native reso for my Display with Nvidia. If using 1366~ I only get 1024~ (same results by using AutoDetect, PatchVBios does nothing on my case) as @Slice has said above. Below is my output if using 1366x768 on Clover GUI:

post-826765-0-50855800-1500718211_thumb.png

bootlog.NVDA-1366.txt

Hi Chris

I have two windows 10 UEFI in fact, on my PC the logo is present but on my laptop not  :angel:

I reinstalling Windows 10 UEFI in my laptop and now the Logo is the HP Logo :hysterical:  :rofl:

Now is Updated in Progress 

• Like 2