Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Guest ricoc90

Are you using just the apfs.efi or do you have the jumpstart driver as well?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've already picked his brain about a different issue I had with the script lol.

I need to admit that I'm not sure what a jumpstart driver is but apfs.efi is in Drivers64 and Drivers64UEFI  :blush:

I need to admit that I'm not sure what a jumpstart driver is but apfs.efi is in Drivers64 and Drivers64UEFI  :blush:

I think it depends on the system that you are using, If you are using the UEFI BIOS settings then Drivers64UEFI will jumpstart it. If you are using a Legacy BIOS then Drivers64 will jumpstart the apps.efi.

Right?

Guest ricoc90

I think it depends on the system that you are using, If you are using the UEFI BIOS settings then Drivers64UEFI will jumpstart it. If you are using a Legacy BIOS then Drivers64 will jumpstart the apps.efi.

Right?

I think so. I used an 4089 installer, so the drivers were already there  :P I'm on Legacy by the way,

This is what Clover shows shortly before the boot entries show up:

myFfepq.jpg

And this is the SSD:

PMJiPZZ.png

It looks like the missing keybag error is for vm, Preboot and Recovery. But the actual partition (Naamloos) is fine.

I get the same message with UEFI, and I guess it's because clover is loading the apps.efi rather that the macOS, the default path for apfs.efi is /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi and macOS will load it in the boot process and since we need to override the default path for clover to be able to load the apfs volumes during the boot, we get that message.

But regardless the end result is the same. Clover initializes the APFS partition and macOS High Sierra will load.

At least this what I think. :)

• Like 1

before Create the PKG put the drivers in /src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/drivers-Off/drivers64UEFI

Ok for Build Package

For Legacy and (ESP no UEFI) you can also put in /drivers-Off/drivers64 but Rename apfs-64.efi

because you can not build two drivers with the same name

That can be done with the Build_Clover.command. It seems this is the only working method of adding those drivers to the package (putting the files in Clover/FileSystems/HFSPlus doesn't seems to work). I'll see what I can do about that.

Thanks Slice, am I right in saying if I compile with the latest Build_Clover.command I get the same compatibility?

I don't know.

My build is

./ebuild.sh -fr

• Like 1

This version installed clover on my main partition instead of the EFI partition like previous clover versions

Right. Now clover install script has issue if you have apfs partition(target)

You have to copy each clover binary files to esp parition from main parition.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 1

Ok. But is there going to be a fix ? Also do I still need to keep apfs.efi in Drivers64UEFI ?

Ok. But is there going to be a fix ? Also do I still need to keep apfs.efi in Drivers64UEFI ?

Keep apfs.efi

-yes.

But is there going to be a fix

-someone(coder or developer)

I reverted sierra. Because i have to use daily os

Thanks

• Like 1

I've been trying to upgrade my current installation to 10.13. But an upgrade wouldn't work. The Install OSX entry wouldn't even show up in clover. But I can successfully install 10.13 on a separate partition (even APFS) from 10.12.

I am using Clover 4089 and here is my config .

I've been trying to upgrade my current installation to 10.13. But an upgrade wouldn't work. The Install OSX entry wouldn't even show up in clover. But I can successfully install 10.13 on a separate partition (even APFS) from 10.12.

I am using Clover 4089 and here is my config .

Clover 4091, High Sierra ready, released at sf.net.

• Like 1

In build_Clover.command with Developer mode, you can chose "ebuild.sh -fr" or else. I just tested

No need for that. Option 5. build existing revision for release (no update, standard build) is sufficient, as that option uses -fr by default.

• Like 2

I've been doing this (on 4092 now) but clover boot screen is showing 4087. Maybe I did something wrong but I chose install to esp, it installed to root of hdd so I copy and paste from / to esp still shows 4087. Negligible issue and more than likely my mistake.

Edit: yeah was my bad lol.

I tried to install 4091 on the ESP partition and still it installed the clover on the root of the macOS High Sierra bootable drive, so I had to copy/paste the EFI folder manually.

Update:

I guess there's still some problems regarding the APFS volumes?!