Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Thank you! :) By the way, the newer versions of Clover Configurator also support selecting the drive from the list. Unfortunately, if the volume is encrypted, I wish you good luck finding out which one's your drive, unless you know the UUID. Still, an improvement nonetheless.

post-1303722-0-81733100-1498339013_thumb.png

Sadly, Custom Entries worked only for HFS+ volumes. I didn't have any success getting it to display anything else than "Boot FileVault Preebooter from Preboot on Preboot" on APFS.

Yep it switches by recovery-boot-mode variable on Mac

What? That variable either forces recovery mode on startup or protects recovery mode with icloud pin lock. The chooser actually removes the encrypted volume and bless on the recovery is changed when filevault is activated. So you are seeing the recovery entry...

Thank you! :) By the way, the newer versions of Clover Configurator also support selecting the drive from the list. Unfortunately, if the volume is encrypted, I wish you good luck finding out which one's your drive, unless you know the UUID. Still, an improvement nonetheless.

Sadly, Custom Entries worked only for HFS+ volumes. I didn't have any success getting it to display anything else than "Boot FileVault Preebooter from Preboot on Preboot" on APFS.

I'm not sure what clover configurator is doing, someone should fix that. And no, custom entries work for any volume that is readable (because of driver). VFAT, HFS+, NTFS, EXT#, APFS, etc. You probably did not create custom entries that accurately select what you want. Also don't forget that encrypted volumes are actually started from the recovery, so you need your custom entry to use the recovery, not the encrypted volume.

For as far as I can tell, both the APFS encrypted volume (Prebooter as it shows in Clover GUI) and the Recovery are using the same UUID. So, it doesn't matter to which one of them you're pointing the custom entries. It should work. Still...it works only for the HFS volumes. Not so much for APFS. What you're saying makes perfect sense. However, my experience shows something different.

Also, if it were an issue with Clover Configurator, shouldn't it be for all volumes?

post-1303722-0-42447200-1498342764_thumb.png post-1303722-0-92785000-1498342774_thumb.png post-1303722-0-50864900-1498343119_thumb.png

Well the one recovery is for the SierraSSD volume, and another for HiSierraHDD, the one you want is the recovery for whatever you installed in the APFS container, High Sierra? I don't think that they have the same UUIDs, it's probably a bug in configurator. What is the output of these commands

diskutil info disk0s3
diskutil info disk0s4
diskutil info disk3s2
diskutil info disk3s3

EDIT: Actually forgot for the APFS you will want the preboot not recovery.

Well the one recovery is for the SierraSSD volume, and another for HiSierraHDD, the one you want is the recovery for whatever you installed in the APFS container, High Sierra? I don't think that they have the same UUIDs, it's probably a bug in configurator. What is the output of these commands

diskutil info disk0s3
diskutil info disk0s4
diskutil info disk3s2
diskutil info disk3s3

EDIT: Actually forgot for the APFS you will want the preboot not recovery.

disk0s3 output

192-168-0-103:~ jimmy$ diskutil info disk0s3
   Device Identifier:        disk0s3
   Device Node:              /dev/disk0s3
   Whole:                    No
   Part of Whole:            disk0

Volume Name:              Recovery HD
   Mounted:                  No

Partition Type:           Apple_Boot
   File System Personality:  Journaled HFS+
   Type (Bundle):            hfs
   Name (User Visible):      Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
   Journal:                  Unknown (not mounted)
   Owners:                   Disabled

OS Can Be Installed:      No
   Media Type:               Generic
   Protocol:                 SATA
   SMART Status:             Verified
   Volume UUID:              F632AB60-1DEE-337B-929D-882F16FBAEC0
   Disk / Partition UUID:    6C5331E7-AF77-4D12-AB6C-5BCF1AC6EDE4

Disk Size:                650.0 MB (650002432 Bytes) (exactly 1269536 512-Byte-Units)
   Device Block Size:        512 Bytes

Volume Total Space:       0 B (0 Bytes) (exactly 0 512-Byte-Units)
   Volume Available Space:   0 B (0 Bytes) (exactly 0 512-Byte-Units)

Read-Only Media:          No
   Read-Only Volume:         Not applicable (not mounted)

Device Location:          Internal
   Removable Media:          Fixed

Solid State:              Yes

disk0s4 output

192-168-0-103:~ jimmy$ diskutil info disk0s4
   Device Identifier:        disk0s4
   Device Node:              /dev/disk0s4
   Part of Whole:            disk0

Volume Name:              Not applicable (no file system)
   Mounted:                  Not applicable (no file system)
   File System:              None

Partition Type:           Apple_APFS
   SMART Status:             Verified
   Disk / Partition UUID:    DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB

Disk Size:                123.4 GB (123439407104 Bytes) (exactly 241092592 512-Byte-Units)
   Device Block Size:        512 Bytes

Read-Only Volume:         Not applicable (no file system)

disk3s2 output

192-168-0-103:~ jimmy$ diskutil info disk3s2
   Device Identifier:        disk3s2
   Device Node:              /dev/disk3s2
   Part of Whole:            disk3

Volume Name:              Preboot

Partition Type:           41504653-0000-11AA-AA11-00306543ECAC
   File System Personality:  APFS
   Type (Bundle):            apfs
   Name (User Visible):      APFS

SMART Status:             Not Supported
   Volume UUID:              3FD03752-1484-44BB-A298-DD20545A42DB
   Disk / Partition UUID:    3FD03752-1484-44BB-A298-DD20545A42DB

Disk Size:                123.4 GB (123439407104 Bytes) (exactly 241092592 512-Byte-Units)
   Device Block Size:        4096 Bytes

disk3s3 output

192-168-0-103:~ jimmy$ diskutil info disk3s3
   Device Identifier:        disk3s3
   Device Node:              /dev/disk3s3
   Part of Whole:            disk3

Volume Name:              Recovery

Partition Type:           41504653-0000-11AA-AA11-00306543ECAC
   File System Personality:  APFS
   Type (Bundle):            apfs
   Name (User Visible):      APFS

SMART Status:             Not Supported
   Volume UUID:              D9E47E9F-586E-4981-A4F0-95855B0B59DF
   Disk / Partition UUID:    D9E47E9F-586E-4981-A4F0-95855B0B59DF

Device Block Size:        4096 Bytes

Yeah there's a problem with configurator, probably because of APFS or something. But here are the UUIDs:

Recovery HD:   disk0s3 6C5331E7-AF77-4D12-AB6C-5BCF1AC6EDE4
APFS Preboot:  disk3s2 3FD03752-1484-44BB-A298-DD20545A42DB
APFS Recovery: disk3s3 D9E47E9F-586E-4981-A4F0-95855B0B59DF

Use that method to get the proper UUIDs until configurator retrieves them correctly.

@arsradu,

Your Clover Main Menu and output from “diskutil list”, correctly shows 3 Recovery Partitions (note the 3 Red Cross icons  :)) -
disk0s3 (for SierraSSD), disk1s3 (for HiSierraHDD) and disk3s3 (for HiSierraSSD).

However a standard Recovery Partition should only have 1 boot.efi located in com.apple.recovery.boot …

post-846696-0-64412200-1498367364_thumb.png

I suspect the recovery partition for your HiSierraHDD probably has an additional boot.efi file in another folder, related to your encrypted initial High Sierra DP1 install.  
In terminal, mount disk1s3, then open the volume in Finder to see its contents:

diskutil mount disk1s3
If necessary, show any hidden folders/files with the attached “ShowAllFiles.app”.  You can delete or rename any "extra" boot.efi to something else eg "boot.efi_disabled" and hopefully this will remove the extra entry on your next reboot  :).

Hiding Recovery Entries
On my system, I have 2 Recovery Partitions (disk0s6 for Sierra and disk1s3 for High Sierra) hidden by a single custom entry:

post-846696-0-77094200-1498353031_thumb.png

<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Custom</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Hidden</key>
					<true/>
					<key>Title</key>
					<string>Recovery HD</string>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>OSXRecovery</string>
				</dict>
			</array>
		</dict>
	</dict>
This is my Clover Main Menu...

post-846696-0-22786700-1498353105_thumb.png

Pressing F3 at the main menu unhides the previously hidden Recovery Partitions...

post-846696-0-80207900-1498353152_thumb.png

Note - I hide the Preboot partition using its UUID:
Looking at my bdmesg/boot log in the first screenshot, the UUID is C28D6D496175AC4AA0B90D6F52620073 (will be different on your system)...

so in config.plist/GUI, I also have

<key>Hide</key>
<array>
  <string>C28D6D496175AC4AA0B90D6F52620073</string>
</array>

Entries in this section remain hidden, even after pressing F3 at the Clover Boot Main Menu.

ShowAllFiles.app.zip

• Like 2

What does this mean?

post-270804-0-87406000-1498367499_thumb.jpg

It started happening with version 4097.  I tried earlier versions and same problem.  I reformatted my EFI partition and same problem.  Nothing I can think of will stop this.  Clover gets to the Clover menu but once I select a partition to boot, any partition, nothing happens and then I get this.  I can still boot from a USB flash drive I have or I wouldn't be posting this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

@mnfesq,

Maybe the same problem I had with official Clover Builds >r4060 compiled with Xcode flag -fno-common see post #2228.

Try swapping your CLOVERX64.efi/BOOTX64.efi with the attached ones compiled without -fno-common.

Edit: Legacy or UEFI boot?  What about swapping the CLOVERX64.efi/BOOTX64.efi (or entire EFI folder) & "boot" file from your working USB flash drive to the EFI system partition on your hard drive?

r4097.zip

@mnfesq,

Maybe the same problem I had with official Clover Builds >r4060 compiled with Xcode flag -fno-common see post #2228.

Try swapping your CloverX64.efi/BOOTX64.efi with the attached ones compiled without -fno-common.

Thanks but unfortunately, there was no change.  Still getting the same screen instead of the white apple.

Yeah there's a problem with configurator, probably because of APFS or something. But here are the UUIDs:

Recovery HD:   disk0s3 6C5331E7-AF77-4D12-AB6C-5BCF1AC6EDE4
APFS Preboot:  disk3s2 3FD03752-1484-44BB-A298-DD20545A42DB
APFS Recovery: disk3s3 D9E47E9F-586E-4981-A4F0-95855B0B59DF
Use that method to get the proper UUIDs until configurator retrieves them correctly.

Which one should I use? The Preboot one?

None of the UUIDs above is the one displayed when pressing spacebar on Clover GUI for the APFS volume.

This is what I have in Clover GUI.

post-1303722-0-21235700-1498385692_thumb.png

I used the same method (UUID from spacebar) for all OSes. Renamed 2 of them with no issues. Why is it Clover Configurator's fault that the same exact syntax doesn't work for APFS FV2 drive? :)) It's the same syntax for all of them. Only the UUID and the FullTitle are different. And the UUID for the APFS volume was not taken with CC in any way. So, I don't see how that could be a detection problem on CC's side. It's not even loaded when Clover starts.

This is what I use for the regular FV2 HFS+ drive. And it works. Just took the UUID from CLOVER GUI, added it into the config, and there you go. Everything ok.

SierraSSD is a HFS+ drive with FileVault. And now it's displayed as SierraSSD in Clover GUI.

<key>Custom</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<string>SierraSSD</string>
					<key>Ignore</key>
					<false/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>OSX</string>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<string>6C5331E7-AF77-4D12-AB6C-5BCF1AC6EDE4</string>
					<key>VolumeType</key>
					<string>Internal</string>
				</dict>

Please, let me know if this is the correct syntax.

Now, the same exact syntax, only different UUID is used  for the APFS FV encrypted partition. The one displayed as "Boot FileVault Preeboter from Preboot". So, since it's from Preboot, I suppose I need the Preboot UUID, right?

So, neither the UUID displayed on spacebar or the one from diskutil info are working.

So, assuming the information displayed in Clover GUI is not correct (though the same method worked for the other two volumes), I thought I would need to add the UUID of the Preboot volume, right? Which, apparently is not the one displayed in Clover GUI (on spacebar).

So, like this:

<dict>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<string>HiSierraSSD</string>
					<key>Ignore</key>
					<false/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>OSX</string>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<string>3FD03752-1484-44BB-A298-DD20545A42DB</string>
					<key>VolumeType</key>
				</dict>

So, the only things that changed (and this has been edited on the config directly, no CC involved) is the UUID and the FullTitle, right?

The only issue is that it doesn't work. The drive's name (the one I use to boot into HiSierraSSD), is still "Boot FileVault Preeboter from Preboot".

What am I missing here...? :))

Also, big thank you for your feedback and your help, so far.

@fusion71au

Thank you. In the meantime, I wiped the entire HDD and reinstalled High Sierra. The volume is still HiSierraHDD for this case. But I'll keep in mind your advice for the next time.

Also, I'll try to hide those Recovery drives too, right after I finish with the renaming of the APFS FV encrypted volume... Which doesn't seem to work, for some weird reason. Is your APFS High Sierra volume also FV encrypted?

None of the UUIDs above is the one displayed when pressing spacebar on Clover GUI for the APFS volume.

attachicon.gifscreenshot1.png

I used the same method (UUID from spacebar) for all OSes. Renamed 2 of them with no issues. Why is it Clover Configurator's fault that the same exact syntax doesn't work for APFS FV2 drive? :)) It's the same syntax for all of them. Only the UUID and the FullTitle are different. And the UUID for the APFS volume was not taken with CC in any way. So, I don't see how that could be a detection problem on CC's side. It's not even loaded when Clover starts.

This is what I use for the regular FV2 HFS+ drive. And it works. Just took the UUID from CLOVER GUI, added it into the config, and there you go. Everything ok.

SierraSSD is a HFS+ drive with FileVault. And now it's displayed as SierraSSD in Clover GUI.

<key>Custom</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<key>Ignore</key>
					<false/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>OSX</string>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<key>VolumeType</key>
				</dict>

Now, the same exact syntax, only different UUID is used for the APFS FV encrypted partition. The one displayed as "Boot FileVault Preeboter from Preboot". So, since it's from Preboot, I suppose I need the Preboot UUID, right?

So, neither the UUID displayed on spacebar or the one from diskutil info are working.

So, assuming the information displayed in Clover GUI is not correct (though the same method worked for the other two volumes), I thought I would need to add the UUID of the Preboot volume, right? Which, apparently is not the one displayed in Clover GUI (on spacebar).

So, like this:

<dict>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<key>Ignore</key>
					<false/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>OSX</string>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<key>VolumeType</key>
				</dict>
So, the only things that changed (and this has been edited on the config directly, no CC involved) is the UUID and the FullTitle, right?

The only issue is that it doesn't work. The drive's name (the one I use to boot into HiSierraSSD), is still "Boot FileVault Preeboter from Preboot".

@fusion71au

Thank you. In the meantime, I wiped the entire HDD and reinstalled High Sierra. The volume is still HiSierraHDD for this case. But I'll keep in mind your advice for the next time.

Also, I'll try to hide those Recovery drives too, right after I finish with the renaming of the APFS FV encrypted volume... Which doesn't seem to work, for some weird reason. Is your APFS High Sierra volume also FV encrypted?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?/topic/324194-[pre-release]-macOS-High-Sierra#entry2448555

Post #981 if link fails in pre release macOS High Sierra. Hope it helps.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?/topic/324194-[pre-release]-macOS-High-Sierra#entry2448555

Post #981 if link fails in pre release macOS High Sierra. Hope it helps.

I understand I need to use the last part... In my case 5237D03F8414BB44A298DD20545A42DB.

Ok. But still, right now I'm not trying to hide the volume. I'm trying to rename it. And using the string above as OSX Custom Entry, replacing the one in my previous post (this 3FD03752-1484-44BB-A298-DD20545A42DB with this 5237D03F8414BB44A298DD20545A42DB), does nothing.

@fusion71au

@arsradu,

Can you show your Clover boot log ie what is the output of running the bdmesg command in terminal? Also can you show the GUI section of your config.plist?

Eg for my system

post-846696-0-78999500-1498390829_thumb.png

Vol 14=Preboot

Vol 15=macOS_HS

Vol 16=Recovery

Vol 17=VM

Notice the UUID I get from the Clover Menu for all 4 APFS volumes is the same: BA8FD576-FEF9-4BD2-95D0-EA399260C1D1

The unique UUID for Vol 14=Preboot on my system is the last one in the VenMedia section ie C28D6D496175AC4AA0B90D6F52620073.

My High Sierra Volume is not encrypted so boot.efi is located on the actual volume (/System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi in macOS_HS). For FileVault encrypted installs, I'm assuming this boot.efi is located in the Preboot volume instead.

@arsradu,

Can you show your Clover boot log ie what is the output of running the dmesg command in terminal?  Also can you show the GUI section of your config.plist?

Eg for my system 

attachicon.gifBootlog from dmesg.png

Vol 14=Preboot

Vol 15=macOS_HS

Vol 16=Recovery

Vol 17=VM

Notice the UUID I get from the Clover Menu for all 4 APFS volumes is the same: BA8FD576-FEF9-4BD2-95D0-EA399260C1D1

The unique UUID for Vol 14=Preboot on my system is the last one in the VenMedia section ie C28D6D496175AC4AA0B90D6F52620073.

My High Sierra Volume is not encrypted so boot.efi is located on the actual volume (/System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi in macOS_HS[/size]).  For FileVault encrypted installs, I'm assuming this boot.efi is located in the Preboot volume instead.

Sure, here's my bdmesg.

Last login: Sun Jun 25 15:17:33 on ttys000
192-168-0-103:~ jimmy$ bdmesg
0:100  0:100  MemLog inited, TSC freq: 3199991749
0:100  0:000  
0:100  0:000  Now is 25.6.2017,  12:15:4 (GMT)
0:100  0:000  Starting Clover revision: 4097 on American Megatrends EFI
0:100  0:000  Build with: [Args: -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED | -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED -D USE_LOW_EBDA -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE5 -n 5 | OS: 10.12.5 | XCODE: 8.3.3]
0:100  0:000  SelfDevicePath=PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(1,GPT,F5EE06E3-E943-412D-AC4B-44158E2A3195,0x28,0x64000) @DBF5E898
0:100  0:000  SelfDirPath = \EFI\BOOT
0:100  0:000  === [ Get Smbios ] ========================================
0:100  0:000  Type 16 Index = 0
0:100  0:000  Total Memory Slots Count = 4
0:100  0:000  Type 17 Index = 0
0:100  0:000  Ignoring insane frequency value 65535MHz
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Speed = 0MHz
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Size = 0MB
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Bank/Device = BANK 0 ChannelA-DIMM0
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Vendor = <null string>
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->SerialNumber = <null string>
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->PartNumber = <null string>
0:100  0:000  Type 17 Index = 1
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Speed = 1600MHz
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Size = 4096MB
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Bank/Device = BANK 1 ChannelA-DIMM1
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Vendor = 0215
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->SerialNumber = 00000000
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->PartNumber = CMX8GX3M2A1600C11 
0:100  0:000  Type 17 Index = 2
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Bank/Device = BANK 2 ChannelB-DIMM0
0:100  0:000  Type 17 Index = 3
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Bank/Device = BANK 3 ChannelB-DIMM1
0:100  0:000  Boot status=0
0:100  0:000  Running on: 'MS-7922' with board ' Z97S SLI Krait Edition (MS-7922)'
0:100  0:000  === [ GetCPUProperties ] ==================================
0:100  0:000  CPU Vendor = 756E6547 Model=306C3
0:100  0:000   The CPU supported SSE4.1
0:100  0:000  The CPU supported turbo
0:100  0:000  BrandString = Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz
0:100  0:000  MSR 0xE2 before patch 1E008400
0:100  0:000  MSR 0xE2 is locked, PM patches will be turned on
0:100  0:000  MSR 0xCE              00080838_F3012000
0:100  0:000  MSR 0x1A0             00850089
0:100  0:000  corrected FLEX_RATIO = 0
0:100  0:000  FSBFrequency = 100 MHz, DMI FSBFrequency = 100 MHz, Corrected FSBFrequency = 100 MHz
0:100  0:000  MaxDiv/MinDiv: 32.0/8
0:100  0:000  Turbo: 36/36/36/36
0:100  0:000  Features: 0xBFEBFBFF
0:100  0:000  Threads: 4
0:100  0:000  Cores: 4
0:100  0:000  FSB: 25 MHz
0:100  0:000  CPU: 3200 MHz
0:100  0:000  TSC: 3200 MHz
0:100  0:000  PIS: 100 MHz
0:100  0:000  === [ GetDevices ] ========================================
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:00.00) : 8086 0C00 class=060000
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:01.00) : 8086 0C01 class=060400
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|01:00.00) : 10DE 0FC6 class=030000
0:100  0:000   - GFX: Model=MSI GeForce GTX 650 family E7 (Nvidia)
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|01:00.01) : 10DE 0E1B class=040300
0:100  0:000   - HDMI Audio: 
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:14.00) : 8086 8CB1 class=0C0330
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:16.00) : 8086 8CBA class=078000
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:16.01) : FFFF FFFF class=FFFFFF
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:1A.00) : 8086 8CAD class=0C0320
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:1B.00) : 8086 8CA0 class=040300
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:1C.00) : 8086 8C90 class=060400
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:1C.02) : 8086 244E class=060401
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|03:00.00) : 1B21 1080 class=060400
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:1C.03) : 8086 8C96 class=060400
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|05:00.00) : 10EC 8168 class=020000
0:100  0:000   - LAN: 0 Vendor=Realtek
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:1D.00) : 8086 8CA6 class=0C0320
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:1F.00) : 8086 8CC4 class=060100
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:1F.02) : 8086 8C82 class=010601
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:1F.03) : 8086 8CA2 class=0C0500
0:100  0:000  === [ GetDefaultSettings ] ================================
0:100  0:000  Clover load options size = 4 bytes
0:106  0:006  EFI\CLOVER\config.plist loaded: Success
0:106  0:000  === [ GetListOfThemes ] ===================================
0:116  0:010  - [00]: mimi black
0:124  0:007  - [01]: LIGHTUP
0:137  0:012  - [02]: RANDOM
0:138  0:001  - [02]: EMBEDDED
0:140  0:001  === [ Found config plists ] ===============================
0:140  0:000  - config-backup.plist
0:140  0:000  - config.plist
0:140  0:000  === [ GetEarlyUserSettings ] ==============================
0:140  0:000  timeout set to 5
0:140  0:000  Custom boot CUSTOM_BOOT_DISABLED (0x0)
0:140  0:000  Default theme: lightup
0:140  0:000  === [ LoadDrivers ] =======================================
0:148  0:007  Loading AptioInputFixB2.efi  status=Success
0:155  0:007  Loading OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi  status=Success
0:155  0:000  Loading HFSPlus.efi  status=Success
0:156  0:000   - driver needs connecting
0:156  0:000  Loading PartitionDxe-64.efi  status=Success
0:156  0:000  Loading AppleImageCodec-64.efi  status=Success
0:157  0:000  Loading AppleUITheme-64.efi  status=Success
0:158  0:000  Loading DataHubDxe-64.efi  status=Success
0:162  0:004  Loading AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi  status=Success
0:170  0:007  Loading APFS.EFI  status=Success
0:180  0:010   - driver needs connecting
0:180  0:000  Loading OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi  status=Success
0:180  0:000  Loading FSInject-64.efi  status=Success
0:181  0:000  Loading FirmwareVolume-64.efi  status=Success
0:182  0:000  Loading SMCHelper-64.efi  status=Success
0:182  0:000  Loading NTFS.EFI  status=Success
0:185  0:002   - driver needs connecting
0:185  0:000  4 drivers needs connecting ...
0:185  0:000  PlatformDriverOverrideProtocol not found. Installing ... Success
0:185  0:000  Partition driver loaded: CD disconnect Success
0:185  0:000  HFS+ driver loaded
0:185  0:000  APFS driver loaded
0:185  0:000  Searching for invalid DiskIo BY_DRIVER connects: not found, all ok
0:721  0:536  === [ InitScreen ] ========================================
0:721  0:000  SetScreenResolution: 2560x1440 - already set
0:721  0:000  Console modes reported: 4, available modes:
0:721  0:000   - [01]: 80x25
0:721  0:000   - [02]: 80x50
0:721  0:000   - [03]: 100x31
0:721  0:000   - [04]: 128x40 (current mode)
0:721  0:000  reinit: self device path=PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(1,GPT,F5EE06E3-E943-412D-AC4B-44158E2A3195,0x28,0x64000)
0:721  0:000  === [ GetMacAddress ] =====================================
0:721  0:000  MAC address of LAN #0= D8:CB:8A:C0:69:24:
0:721  0:000  === [ ScanSPD ] ===========================================
0:722  0:000  SMBus device : 8086 8CA2 class=0C0500 status=Success
0:722  0:000  SMBus CmdReg: 0x3
0:722  0:000  Scanning SMBus [8086:8CA2], mmio: 0xF7214004, ioport: 0xF000, hostc: 0x11
0:722  0:000  Slots to scan [8]...
0:722  0:000  SPD[1]: Type 11 @0x51
0:741  0:018  XMP Profile1: 10*1/8ns
0:741  0:000  Found module with XMP version 1.3
0:741  0:000  Using XMP Profile1 instead of standard frequency 1333MHz
0:741  0:000  DDR speed 1600MHz
0:741  0:000  Slot: 1 Type 24 4096MB 1600MHz Vendor=Corsair PartNo=CMX8GX3M2A1600C11 SerialNo=0000000000000000
0:741  0:000  SPD[3]: Type 11 @0x53
0:760  0:018  XMP Profile1: 10*1/8ns
0:760  0:000  Found module with XMP version 1.3
0:760  0:000  Using XMP Profile1 instead of standard frequency 1333MHz
0:760  0:000  DDR speed 1600MHz
0:760  0:000  Slot: 3 Type 24 4096MB 1600MHz Vendor=Corsair PartNo=CMX8GX3M2A1600C11 SerialNo=0000000000000000
0:760  0:000  === [ GetAcpiTablesList ] =================================
0:761  0:000  Get Acpi Tables List from RSDT:
0:761  0:000   - [00]: FACP  A M I len=132
0:761  0:000   - [01]: APIC  A M I len=114
0:761  0:000   - [02]: FPDT  A M I len=68
0:761  0:000   - [03]: FIDT  A M I len=156
0:761  0:000   - [04]: ASF!   HCG len=165
0:761  0:000   - [05]: SSDT  Ther_Rvp len=3197
0:761  0:000   - [06]: SSDT  Cpu0Ist len=1337
0:761  0:000   - [07]: SSDT  CpuSsdt len=2932
0:761  0:000   - [08]: MCFG  A M I len=60
0:761  0:000   - [09]: HPET  A M I len=56
0:761  0:000   - [10]: SSDT  SataTabl len=877
0:761  0:000   - [11]: SSDT  SaSsdt  len=22581
0:761  0:000   - [12]: UEFI  A M I len=66
0:761  0:000   - [13]: DMAR  BDW  len=128
0:761  0:000   - [14]: BGRT  A M I len=56
0:761  0:000  Calibrated TSC frequency =3199991749 =3199MHz
0:761  0:000  === [ GetUserSettings ] ===================================
0:761  0:000  USB FixOwnership: yes
0:761  0:000  Dropping 3 tables:
0:761  0:000   - [00]: Drop table  signature="SSDT" (54445353) table-id="CpuPm" (0000006D50757043)
0:761  0:000           - set table: 54445353,       6D50757043 to drop: no
0:761  0:000   - [01]: Drop table  signature="SSDT" (54445353) table-id="Cpu0Ist" (0074734930757043)
0:761  0:000           - set table: 54445353,   74734930757043 to drop: yes
0:761  0:000   - [02]: Drop table  signature="DMAR" (52414D44)
0:761  0:000           - set table: 52414D44,                0 to drop: yes
0:761  0:000   - final DSDT Fix mask=1FE60000
0:761  0:000  ChassisType: 0xD
0:762  0:001  === [ ScanVolumes ] =======================================
0:762  0:000  Found 20 volumes with blockIO
0:762  0:000  - [00]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)
0:784  0:022  - [01]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x1,0xFFFF,0x0)
0:784  0:000          Found optical drive
0:784  0:000  - [02]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)
0:785  0:001  - [03]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x3,0xFFFF,0x0)
0:786  0:000          Result of bootcode detection: bootable unknown (legacy)
0:786  0:000  - [04]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(1,GPT,F5EE06E3-E943-412D-AC4B-44158E2A3195,0x28,0x64000)
0:807  0:020          This is SelfVolume !!
0:807  0:000  - [05]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(2,GPT,38C6C1AE-2E2C-4FF8-8D72-9AC89395A11A,0x64028,0x4A6BE340)
0:807  0:000  - [06]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(3,GPT,D81935A0-CEC7-4AB4-834F-8572B93C1D72,0x4A722368,0x135F20)
0:837  0:030  - [07]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(1,GPT,CFF624F8-C0C3-4448-A8A4-62A66193376C,0x28,0x64000)
0:838  0:000          Result of bootcode detection: bootable unknown (legacy)
0:843  0:004  - [08]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(2,GPT,0F773801-80BD-45F5-8F2F-C45790E3B5FB,0x64028,0xE906A10)
0:843  0:000          Result of bootcode detection: bootable unknown (legacy)
0:843  0:000  - [09]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(3,GPT,6C5331E7-AF77-4D12-AB6C-5BCF1AC6EDE4,0xE96AA38,0x135F20)
0:844  0:000  - [10]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(4,GPT,DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB,0xEAA0958,0xE5EC7F0)
0:844  0:000          Result of bootcode detection: bootable unknown (legacy)
0:844  0:000  - [11]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(5,GPT,DB0968EA-61E0-45D8-ADE3-FFE6F8ABE9EA,0x1D08D148,0x138800)
0:845  0:000  - [12]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x3,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(1,GPT,4B8588D0-6E43-4B29-A475-0B1254F46C4A,0x28,0x64000)
0:846  0:000          Result of bootcode detection: bootable unknown (legacy)
0:872  0:026  - [13]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x3,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(2,GPT,1A2217AC-33B4-42D0-8D17-920E9FA99621,0x6C800,0x4BFD8A58)
0:873  0:000  - [14]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x3,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(3,GPT,0100BFD5-1EBF-4711-B9B2-33F00C91280D,0x4C085258,0x18EDDA8)
0:873  0:000  - [15]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x3,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(4,GPT,6E01D029-3175-43E1-9390-8D208CDAA12D,0x4D9B3000,0x26D53800)
0:874  0:000  - [16]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(4,GPT,DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB,0xEAA0958,0xE5EC7F0)\VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,5237D03F8414BB44A298DD20545A42DB)
0:874  0:000  - [17]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(4,GPT,DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB,0xEAA0958,0xE5EC7F0)\VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,D88DC35029E2E930A5B91EF623E60C8A)
0:874  0:000  - [18]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(4,GPT,DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB,0xEAA0958,0xE5EC7F0)\VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,9F7EE4D96E588149A4F095855B0B59DF)
0:874  0:000  - [19]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(4,GPT,DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB,0xEAA0958,0xE5EC7F0)\VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,FBBB5C655D03A5408555A20AA841031B)
0:874  0:000  === [ InitTheme ] =========================================
0:875  0:001  Using theme 'lightup' (EFI\CLOVER\themes\lightup)
0:875  0:000  OS main and drive as badge
0:879  0:003  Loading font from ThemeDir: Success
0:880  0:000  Choosing theme lightup
0:880  0:000  after NVRAM boot-args=-alcbeta -lilubeta
0:880  0:000  === [ Dump SMC keys from NVRAM ] ==========================
0:880  0:000  found AppleSMC protocol
0:899  0:019  === [ ScanLoader ] ========================================
0:899  0:000  - [04]: 'EFI'
0:899  0:000  - [05]: 'HiSierraHDD'
0:952  0:053          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=HiSierraHDD
0:978  0:025      Check if volume Is Hibernated:
0:978  0:000      Check sleep image 'by signature':
1:032  0:053      read prefs \Library\Preferences\com.apple.PowerManagement.plist status=Success
1:032  0:000      using default sleep image name = \private\var\vm\sleepimage
1:052  0:019      no valid sleep image offset was found
1:052  0:000       sleepimage offset could not be acquired
1:052  0:000      hibernated: no - sign
1:072  0:020  not png, try icns
1:073  0:000  not png, try icns
1:073  0:000  - [06]: 'Recovery HD'
1:110  0:036          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=Recovery HD
1:152  0:042  not png, try icns
1:152  0:000  not png, try icns
1:153  0:000  - [07]: 'EFI'
1:153  0:000  - [09]: 'Recovery HD'
1:155  0:002          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=Recovery HD
1:156  0:000      Check if volume Is Hibernated:
1:156  0:000      Check sleep image 'by signature':
1:156  0:000      using default sleep image name = \private\var\vm\sleepimage
1:156  0:000      sleepimage not found -> Not Found
1:156  0:000      hibernated: no - sign
1:157  0:000  not png, try icns
1:157  0:000          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=Recovery HD
1:158  0:001  not png, try icns
1:159  0:000  - [12]: 'EFI'
1:159  0:000  - [13]: 'Storage'
1:159  0:000  - [14]: 'Stuff'
1:159  0:000  - [15]: 'Tools'
1:159  0:000  - [16]: 'Preboot'
1:161  0:002          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=Preboot
1:164  0:002      Check if volume Is Hibernated:
1:164  0:000      Check sleep image 'by signature':
1:164  0:000      using default sleep image name = \private\var\vm\sleepimage
1:164  0:000      sleepimage not found -> Not Found
1:164  0:000      hibernated: no - sign
1:164  0:000  not png, try icns
1:166  0:001  - [17]: 'HiSerraSSD'
1:166  0:000  - [18]: 'Recovery'
1:167  0:001          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=Recovery
1:169  0:001  not png, try icns
1:170  0:001  - [19]: 'VM'
1:170  0:000  === [ AddCustomTool ] =====================================
1:178  0:007  found tool \EFI\CLOVER\tools\Shell64U.efi
1:178  0:000  Checking EFI partition Volume 4 for Clover
1:178  0:000   Found Clover
1:182  0:003  === [ GetEfiBootDeviceFromNvram ] =========================
1:182  0:000   - efi-boot-device-data: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(4,GPT,DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB,0xEAA0958,0xE5EC7F0)\VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,5237D03F8414BB44A298DD20545A42DB)
1:182  0:000    - Volume: 'PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(4,GPT,DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB,0xEAA0958,0xE5EC7F0)\VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,5237D03F8414BB44A298DD20545A42DB)'
1:182  0:000    - LoaderPath: '<null string>'
1:182  0:000    - Guid = DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB
1:182  0:000  === [ FindStartupDiskVolume ] =============================
1:182  0:000    - Volume: partition = PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(4,GPT,DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB,0xEAA0958,0xE5EC7F0)\VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,5237D03F8414BB44A298DD20545A42DB)
1:182  0:000     - searching for that partition
1:182  0:000      - found entry 4. 'Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot', Volume 'Preboot'
1:182  0:000  Boot redirected to Entry 4. 'Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot'
1:182  0:000  DefaultIndex=4 and MainMenu.EntryCount=12
1:244  0:062  GUI ready
7:257  6:012  === [ StartLoader ] =======================================
7:257  0:000  Finally: Bus=99999kHz CPU=3200MHz
7:257  0:000  Loading boot.efi  status=Success
7:268  0:010  GetOSVersion: 10.13 (17A291j)
7:268  0:000  CSR_CFG: CSR_ALLOW_UNTRUSTED_KEXTS | CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_FS | CSR_ALLOW_TASK_FOR_PID | CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_DTRACE | CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_NVRAM
7:268  0:000  === [ PatchSmbios ] =======================================
7:268  0:000  insert table 9 for dev 0:0
7:268  0:000  insert table 9 for dev 0:1
7:269  0:000  Channels: 2
7:269  0:000  Interleave: 0 2 1 3 4 6 5 7 8 10 9 11 12 14 13 15 16 18 17 19 20 22 21 23
7:269  0:000  SMBIOS Type 17 Index = 0 => 0 0:
7:269  0:000  BANK 0 DIMM0 EMPTY
7:269  0:000  SMBIOS Type 17 Index = 1 => 2 2:
7:269  0:000  BANK 1 DIMM0 EMPTY
7:269  0:000  SMBIOS Type 17 Index = 2 => 1 1:
7:269  0:000  BANK 0 DIMM1 1600MHz 4096MB
7:269  0:000  SMBIOS Type 17 Index = 3 => 3 3:
7:269  0:000  BANK 1 DIMM1 1600MHz 4096MB
7:269  0:000  mTotalSystemMemory = 8192
7:269  0:000  NumberOfMemoryDevices = 4
7:269  0:000  Type20[0]->End = 0x3FFFFF, Type17[2] = 0x1000
7:269  0:000  Type20[1]->End = 0x7FFFFF, Type17[3] = 0x3000
7:269  0:000  Table 131 is present, CPUType=35
7:269  0:000  Change to: 605
7:269  0:000  === [ PatchACPI ] =========================================
7:269  0:000  RSDT 0xDE7C2028
7:269  0:000  FADT from RSDT: 0xDE7C2138
7:269  0:000  XSDT 0xDE7C2090
7:269  0:000  FADT from XSDT: 0xDE7D4D58
7:269  0:000  Xsdt reallocation done
7:269  0:000  old FADT length=10C
7:269  0:000  Found OperationRegion(GNVS, SystemMemory, DE7F5C18, ...)
7:269  0:000  Found OperationRegion(PNVA, SystemMemory, DE7F6D98, ...)
7:269  0:000  Found OperationRegion(CPSB, SystemMemory, DE2B0E98, ...)
7:269  0:000  Found OperationRegion(TMMB, SystemMemory, FED40000, ...)
7:269  0:000  Found OperationRegion(ABNV, SystemMemory, DE7F0000, ...)
7:269  0:000  Found OperationRegion(GCAD, SystemMemory, DE7DF018, ...)
7:269  0:000  Found OperationRegion(PRFA, SystemMemory, DE7DD018, ...)
7:269  0:000  Apply DsdtFixMask=0x1FE60000
7:269  0:000     drop _DSM mask=0x0000
7:269  0:000  === [ FixBiosDsdt ] =======================================
7:269  0:000  VideoCard devID=0xFC610DE
7:269  0:000  DisplayADR1[0] = 0x10000, DisplayADR2[0] = 0x0
7:269  0:000  USBADR[0] = 0x140000 and PCIe = 0xFFFE
7:269  0:000  USBADR[1] = 0x1A0000 and PCIe = 0xFFFE
7:493  0:224  Audio HDA (addr:0x1B0000) setting specified layout-id=1 (0x1)
7:493  0:000  USBADR[2] = 0x1D0000 and PCIe = 0xFFFE
7:493  0:000  first CPU found at 87C4 offset 87C7
7:493  0:000  score candidate at 87C0
7:493  0:000  score inserted in acpi_cpu_score _PR_
7:493  0:000  Found ACPI CPU: CPU0 | CPU1 | CPU2 | CPU3 | CPU4 | CPU5 | CPU6 | CPU7 , within the score: _PR_
7:494  0:000  Found PCIROOTUID = 0
7:494  0:000  Start RTC Fix
7:494  0:000  found RTC Length not match, Maybe will case CMOS reset will patch it.
7:494  0:000  found RTC had IRQNoFlag will move -3 bytes
7:494  0:000  ...len=12B8F
7:494  0:000  new size written to 2251 shift=0 len=12B8F
7:494  0:000  len after correct outers 12B8F
7:494  0:000  Start TMR Fix
7:494  0:000  Start HDMI5 Fix
7:494  0:000  have no HDMI device while HDMIADR2=1
7:494  0:000  HDMIADR1=10000 HDMIADR2=1
7:494  0:000    with default properties
7:494  0:000  Start _WAK Return Fix
7:494  0:000  _WAK Method find return data, don't need to patch.
7:494  0:000  return len=12C08
7:494  0:000   deleting device CRT_
7:494  0:000   deleting device DVI_
7:494  0:000   deleting device SPKR
7:495  0:000   deleting device ECP_
7:495  0:000   deleting device LPT_
7:495  0:000   deleting device FDC0
7:495  0:000   deleting device ECP1
7:495  0:000   deleting device LPT1
7:496  0:000  Start PNLF Fix
7:496  0:000  found PWRB at 51ED
7:496  0:000  Start _S3D Fix
7:496  0:000    indirect name=PNVB
7:496  0:000  Start ADP1 fix
7:496  0:000  no device(AC) exists
7:497  0:000  === [ ACPIDropTables ] ====================================
7:497  0:000  Drop tables from Xsdt, SIGN=DMAR TableID=BDW  Length=128
7:497  0:000   Xsdt has tables count=15
7:497  0:000   Table: DMAR  BDW   128 dropped
7:497  0:000  Drop tables from Xsdt, SIGN=SSDT TableID=Cpu0Ist Length=1337
7:497  0:000   Xsdt has tables count=14
7:497  0:000   Table: SSDT  Cpu0Ist  1337 dropped
7:497  0:000  === [ PatchAllSSDT ] ======================================
7:497  0:000  Patch table: SSDT  Ther_Rvp len=0xC7D
7:497  0:000  Patch table: SSDT  CpuSsdt len=0xB74
7:497  0:000  Patch table: SSDT  SataTabl len=0x36D
7:497  0:000  Patch table: SSDT  SaSsdt  len=0x5835
7:497  0:000  Drop tables from Xsdt, SIGN=XXXX TableID= Length=0
7:497  0:000   Xsdt has tables count=13
7:497  0:000  CPUBase=0 and ApicCPUBase=1 ApicCPUNum=4
7:497  0:000  Maximum control=0x20
7:497  0:000  Turbo control=0x24
7:497  0:000  P-States: min 0x8, max 0x24
7:497  0:000  SSDT with CPU P-States generated successfully
7:497  0:000  SSDT with CPU C-States generated successfully
7:497  0:000  === [ RestSetup macOS ] ===================================
7:497  0:000  EdidDiscovered size=128
7:497  0:000  ------- EDID Table
7:497  0:000  000  |  00  FF  FF  FF  FF  FF  FF  00  41  0C
7:497  0:000  010  |  E9  08  62  12  00  00  24  19  01  03
7:497  0:000  020  |  80  37  1F  78  2A  A3  75  B0  4C  38
7:497  0:000  030  |  B5  26  0C  50  54  BD  4B  00  D1  C0
7:497  0:000  040  |  81  80  81  40  95  0F  95  00  B3  00
7:497  0:000  050  |  81  C0  01  01  56  5E  00  A0  A0  A0
7:497  0:000  060  |  29  50  30  20  35  00  29  37  21  00
7:497  0:000  070  |  00  1E  00  00  00  FF  00  55  48  42
7:497  0:000  080  |  31  35  33  36  30  30  34  37  30  36
7:497  0:000  090  |  00  00  00  FC  00  50  48  4C  20  32
7:497  0:000  100  |  35  38  42  36  51  4A  45  42  00  00
7:497  0:000  110  |  00  FD  00  32  4C  1E  63  21  00  0A
7:497  0:000  120  |  20  20  20  20  20  20  00  0B
7:497  0:000  NVidia GFX injection not set
7:497  0:000   setting specified layout-id=1 (0x1)
7:497  0:000  stringlength = 2270
7:497  0:000  CurrentMode: Width=2560 Height=1440
7:497  0:000  Beginning FSInjection
FSInjectionInstall ...
- Our FSI_SIMPLE_FILE_SYSTEM_PROTOCOL installed on handle: D9A72C18
FSInjectionInstall ...
7:515  0:017  Use origin smbios table type 1 guid.
7:521  0:006  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other
7:537  0:015    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\Lilu.kext
7:543  0:005    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext
7:565  0:022      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\PinConfigs.kext
7:627  0:061    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\RealtekRTL8111.kext
7:638  0:011    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
7:646  0:007    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakePCIID.kext
7:650  0:004    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext
7:661  0:011  SetStartupDiskVolume:
7:661  0:000    * Volume: 'Preboot'
7:661  0:000    * LoaderPath: '<null string>'
7:661  0:000    * DevPath: Preboot
7:661  0:000    * GUID = DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB
7:662  0:000    * efi-boot-device: <array><dict><key>IOMatch</key><dict><key>IOProviderClass</key><string>IOMedia</string><key>IOPropertyMatch</key><dict><key>UUID</key><string>DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB</string></dict></dict></dict></array>
7:662  0:000  Custom boot is disabled

and the GUI section from config:

<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Custom</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<string>HiSierraHDD</string>
					<key>Ignore</key>
					<false/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>OSX</string>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<string>38C6C1AE-2E2C-4FF8-8D72-9AC89395A11A</string>
					<key>VolumeType</key>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<key>Ignore</key>
					<false/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>OSX</string>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<key>VolumeType</key>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<key>Ignore</key>
					<false/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>OSX</string>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<string>5237D03F8414BB44A298DD20545A42DB</string>
					<key>VolumeType</key>
				</dict>
			</array>
		</dict>

@arsradu,

Can you also show the GUI section from your config.plist?  Maybe try removing the "scan" section and only relying on custom entries?

Your boot log confirms the unique UUID for the Preboot Volume is 5237D03F8414BB44A298DD20545A42DB

but doesn't look like your custom entries are working (only autoscan by Clover)?
PS: I recommend you edit your config.plist with a plist editor like Xcode to avoid syntax errors....

Edit - look at @apianti's answer in post#13535 to correctly configure the custom entry with CC.

• Use diskutil list to list your disks and partitions
  • Use "diskutil mount diskxsy" to mount the Preboot Volume (x=disk number of APFS synthesized disk, y=Preboot partition number)
  • Use the "Go" menu in Finder to navigate to /Volumes and determine the unique folder name in the Preboot Volume
  • Use CC to modify the Custom Entry to point to boot.efi (in my case, \E3C94042-178D-3F27-8414-5A3D0FB21445\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi, will be different for you)

post-846696-0-46060400-1498450672_thumb.png

• Like 1

I understand I need to use the last part... In my case 5237D03F8414BB44A298DD20545A42DB.

Ok. But still, right now I'm not trying to hide the volume. I'm trying to rename it. And using the string above as OSX Custom Entry, replacing the one in my previous post (this 3FD03752-1484-44BB-A298-DD20545A42DB with this 5237D03F8414BB44A298DD20545A42DB), does nothing.

I understand your trying to rename, using the method above I was able to hide my preboot volume so instead of hide you just rename. Was only posting as reference to hopefully help.

• Like 1

@arsradu,

Can you also show the GUI section from your config.plist?  Maybe try removing the "scan" section and only relying on custom entries?

Should now be included. :) I edited my post earlier.

I understand your trying to rename, using the method above I was able to hide my preboot volume so instead of hide you just rename. Was only posting as reference to hopefully help.

Yep, that was very useful information. :) Thank you! However, I think that the fact that my APFS drive is also encrypted with FileVault...makes all the difference. And now I'm trying to decrypt it to see if it works, and the Turn Off FileVault is greyed out... And yes, even after unlocking that section. Anyway, that's another topic.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

is the Apple folder and its contents that are located in the EFI partition critical for booting?  When I reformatted my EFI partition in an effort to fix the problems referenced here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?p=2450961, I lost the Apple folder.  Might that explain why I cannot boot from my system drive's EFI partition?

is the Apple folder and its contents that are located in the EFI partition critical for booting?  When I reformatted my EFI partition in an effort to fix the problems referenced here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?p=2450961, I lost the Apple folder.  Might that explain why I cannot boot from my system drive's EFI partition?

What is your Xcode version and EDK2 for compile ?

Hi guys,

A few questions from my side. I'm trying to debug a certain issue I've got with one of the Recovery disks, after reinstalling High Sierra from it... I think it might have created an extra Recovery partition or something.

I actually, have similar question as @Arsadu. Fyi I'm using Single GPT Disk (SATA), on my case:

~ I've installed 10.13 Beta 1 using Core.pkg on HFS+ Partition w/o including "macOSUpd10.13.RecoveryHDUpdate.pkg"

~ I then converted it to APFS using DiskUtility.app within macOS USB Installer

~ First reboot with APFS took long time entering Desktop for unknown reason, but I figured out there was a new @615MB Partition named "Recovery" (w/o ~HD) under macOS 10.13. Second reboot, It appeared on Clover boot screen, but I couldn't boot into it.

~ I updated to 10.13 Beta 2 with including "macOSUpd10.13.RecoveryHDUpdate.pkg" (finally failed though) and then I get another new partition named "RecoveryHD".

~ So now, I have 2 Recovery Partitions and both are bootable 10.13 volumes. I think need to hide one of them within Clover's GUI.

Clover Movies Theme credit: @Chris1111

post-826765-0-62861100-1498399845_thumb.png

• Like 1

What is your Xcode version and EDK2 for compile ?

I didn't compile my own version of Clover.  I got it from Sourceforge.  However, I did fix it, sort of, by copying the working EFI partition on my USB drive to the EFI partition on my system drive.  Now it boots but when I try to run the Clover installer, it tells me that the version of Clover I am trying to install (4097) is incompatible with the version of macOS that I have on my system and the install fails.  At least my panic has subsided and I can deal with this more slowly and methodically.  

BTW, all of this started because I couldn't get my install of High Sierra to sleep so I decided to delete the partition and restart from scratch.  Perhaps things will work better once I have High Sierra running again. 

@arsradu,

doesn't look like your custom entries are working (only autoscan by Clover)?

PS: I recommend you edit your config.plist with a plist editor like Xcode to avoid syntax errors....

Well, they are working for the other volumes I edited.... It's just this one that doesn't seem to work.

I edited with Xcode, but if the rest of the Clover GUI config is ok, then I'm not sure there can be an issue with the syntax.

I managed to disable FileVault from command line. I'm still waiting for it to complete, but I guess we'll see after that if it makes a difference or not.

To disable FileVault from Terminal, use this (for anyone interested, in case you're stuck with greyed out "Turn Off FileVault" button like I was.)

sudo fdesetup disable

I actually, have similar question as @Arsadu. Fyi I'm using Single GPT Disk (SATA), on my case:

~ I've installed 10.13 Beta 1 using Core.pkg on HFS+ Partition w/o including "macOSUpd10.13.RecoveryHDUpdate.pkg"

~ First reboot with APFS took long time entering Desktop for unknown reason, but I figured out there was a new @615MB Partition named "Recovery" (w/o ~HD) under macOS 10.13. Second reboot, It appeared on Clover boot screen, but I couldn't boot into it.

~ I updated to 10.13 Beta 2 with including "macOSUpd10.13.RecoveryHDUpdate.pkg" (finally failed though) and then I get another new partition named "RecoveryHD".

~ So now, I have 2 Recovery Partitions and both are bootable 10.13 volumes. I think need to hide one of them within Clover's GUI.

Well, I'm not sure it's the same thing here. Mine was a FileVault entry point for the encrypted partition which wasn't encrypted anymore after reinstall. :)

For hiding Recovery partitions though, see if fusion71au's post here can help. I didn't get the chance to use it since, in the meantime, I wiped the entire HDD (I only use it for High Sierra HDD testing, so I didn't actually lose anything) and reinstalled DP2 from scratch.

• Like 1

What does this mean?

attachicon.gifIMG_3324.JPG

It started happening with version 4097.  I tried earlier versions and same problem.  I reformatted my EFI partition and same problem.  Nothing I can think of will stop this.  Clover gets to the Clover menu but once I select a partition to boot, any partition, nothing happens and then I get this.  I can still boot from a USB flash drive I have or I wouldn't be posting this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's a general protection fault meaning that memory was accessed outside of what the memory map said was accessible memory.

attachicon.gifscreenshot1.png

<key>Custom</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<key>Ignore</key>
					<false/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>OSX</string>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<key>VolumeType</key>
				</dict>

Now, the same exact syntax, only different UUID is used  for the APFS FV encrypted partition. The one displayed as "Boot FileVault Preeboter from Preboot". So, since it's from Preboot, I suppose I need the Preboot UUID, right?

So, like this:

<dict>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<key>Ignore</key>
					<false/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>OSX</string>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<key>VolumeType</key>
				</dict>

@fusion71au

You can just take any unique part of the identifier of the partition from your boot log and use that as the volume identifier, since it will compare with the whole device path string. It seems the last part of an APFS volume device path is the unique part. Unsure where those other UUIDs are from then and why on earth they wouldn't be directly used as the partition UUID when thats what they say they are in diskutil. I was saying the problem with CC is when CC is running, it can't correctly determine the UUIDs. It's obvious why, the APFS volumes don't have a consistent usage of them.

I understand I need to use the last part... In my case 5237D03F8414BB44A298DD20545A42DB.

Ok. But still, right now I'm not trying to hide the volume. I'm trying to rename it. And using the string above as OSX Custom Entry, replacing the one in my previous post (this 3FD03752-1484-44BB-A298-DD20545A42DB with this 5237D03F8414BB44A298DD20545A42DB), does nothing.

Try changing the type of the volume to OSXRecovery or Other.

@arsradu,

Can you show your Clover boot log ie what is the output of running the dmesg command in terminal?  Also can you show the GUI section of your config.plist?

Eg for my system 

Vol 14=Preboot
Vol 15=macOS_HS
Vol 16=Recovery
Vol 17=VM

My High Sierra Volume is not encrypted so boot.efi is located on the actual volume (/System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi in macOS_HS).  For FileVault encrypted installs, I'm assuming this boot.efi is located in the Preboot volume instead.

I think he has a different problem going on, you are right the unique part is the last section of the device path. I think he has a corrupted config.plist or something, as there is no custom entries scan taking place.

Sure, here's my bdmesg.

Last login: Sun Jun 25 15:17:33 on ttys000
192-168-0-103:~ jimmy$ bdmesg
0:100  0:100  MemLog inited, TSC freq: 3199991749
0:100  0:000  
0:100  0:000  Now is 25.6.2017,  12:15:4 (GMT)
0:100  0:000  Starting Clover revision: 4097 on American Megatrends EFI
0:100  0:000  Build with: [Args: -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED | -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED -D USE_LOW_EBDA -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE5 -n 5 | OS: 10.12.5 | XCODE: 8.3.3]
0:100  0:000  SelfDevicePath=PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(1,GPT,F5EE06E3-E943-412D-AC4B-44158E2A3195,0x28,0x64000) @DBF5E898
0:100  0:000  SelfDirPath = \EFI\BOOT
0:100  0:000  === [ Get Smbios ] ========================================
0:100  0:000  Type 16 Index = 0
0:100  0:000  Total Memory Slots Count = 4
0:100  0:000  Type 17 Index = 0
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Bank/Device = BANK 0 ChannelA-DIMM0
0:100  0:000  Type 17 Index = 1
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Bank/Device = BANK 1 ChannelA-DIMM1
0:100  0:000  Type 17 Index = 2
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Bank/Device = BANK 2 ChannelB-DIMM0
0:100  0:000  Type 17 Index = 3
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Bank/Device = BANK 3 ChannelB-DIMM1
0:100  0:000  Boot status=0
0:100  0:000  Running on: 'MS-7922' with board ' Z97S SLI Krait Edition (MS-7922)'
0:100  0:000  === [ GetCPUProperties ] ==================================
0:100  0:000  CPU Vendor = 756E6547 Model=306C3
0:100  0:000   The CPU supported SSE4.1
0:100  0:000  The CPU supported turbo
0:100  0:000  BrandString = Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz
0:100  0:000  MSR 0xE2 before patch 1E008400
0:100  0:000  MSR 0xE2 is locked, PM patches will be turned on
0:100  0:000  MSR 0xCE              00080838_F3012000
0:100  0:000  MSR 0x1A0             00850089
0:100  0:000  corrected FLEX_RATIO = 0
0:100  0:000  FSBFrequency = 100 MHz, DMI FSBFrequency = 100 MHz, Corrected FSBFrequency = 100 MHz
0:100  0:000  MaxDiv/MinDiv: 32.0/8
0:100  0:000  Turbo: 36/36/36/36
0:100  0:000  Features: 0xBFEBFBFF
0:100  0:000  Threads: 4
0:100  0:000  Cores: 4
0:100  0:000  FSB: 25 MHz
0:100  0:000  CPU: 3200 MHz
0:100  0:000  TSC: 3200 MHz
0:100  0:000  PIS: 100 MHz
0:100  0:000  === [ GetDevices ] ========================================
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:00.00) : 8086 0C00 class=060000
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:01.00) : 8086 0C01 class=060400
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|01:00.00) : 10DE 0FC6 class=030000
0:100  0:000   - GFX: Model=MSI GeForce GTX 650 family E7 (Nvidia)
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|01:00.01) : 10DE 0E1B class=040300
0:100  0:000   - HDMI Audio: 
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:14.00) : 8086 8CB1 class=0C0330
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:16.00) : 8086 8CBA class=078000
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:16.01) : FFFF FFFF class=FFFFFF
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:1A.00) : 8086 8CAD class=0C0320
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:1B.00) : 8086 8CA0 class=040300
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:1C.00) : 8086 8C90 class=060400
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:1C.02) : 8086 244E class=060401
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|03:00.00) : 1B21 1080 class=060400
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:1C.03) : 8086 8C96 class=060400
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|05:00.00) : 10EC 8168 class=020000
0:100  0:000   - LAN: 0 Vendor=Realtek
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:1D.00) : 8086 8CA6 class=0C0320
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:1F.00) : 8086 8CC4 class=060100
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:1F.02) : 8086 8C82 class=010601
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:1F.03) : 8086 8CA2 class=0C0500
0:100  0:000  === [ GetDefaultSettings ] ================================
0:100  0:000  Clover load options size = 4 bytes
0:106  0:006  EFI\CLOVER\config.plist loaded: Success
0:106  0:000  === [ GetListOfThemes ] ===================================
0:116  0:010  - [00]: mimi black
0:124  0:007  - [01]: LIGHTUP
0:137  0:012  - [02]: RANDOM
0:138  0:001  - [02]: EMBEDDED
0:140  0:001  === [ Found config plists ] ===============================
0:140  0:000  - config-backup.plist
0:140  0:000  - config.plist
0:140  0:000  === [ GetEarlyUserSettings ] ==============================
0:140  0:000  timeout set to 5
0:140  0:000  Custom boot CUSTOM_BOOT_DISABLED (0x0)
0:140  0:000  Default theme: lightup
0:140  0:000  === [ LoadDrivers ] =======================================
0:148  0:007  Loading AptioInputFixB2.efi  status=Success
0:155  0:007  Loading OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi  status=Success
0:155  0:000  Loading HFSPlus.efi  status=Success
0:156  0:000  Loading PartitionDxe-64.efi  status=Success
0:156  0:000  Loading AppleImageCodec-64.efi  status=Success
0:157  0:000  Loading AppleUITheme-64.efi  status=Success
0:158  0:000  Loading DataHubDxe-64.efi  status=Success
0:162  0:004  Loading AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi  status=Success
0:170  0:007  Loading APFS.EFI  status=Success
0:180  0:010   - driver needs connecting
0:180  0:000  Loading OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi  status=Success
0:180  0:000  Loading FSInject-64.efi  status=Success
0:181  0:000  Loading FirmwareVolume-64.efi  status=Success
0:182  0:000  Loading SMCHelper-64.efi  status=Success
0:182  0:000  Loading NTFS.EFI  status=Success
0:185  0:002   - driver needs connecting
0:185  0:000  4 drivers needs connecting ...
0:185  0:000  PlatformDriverOverrideProtocol not found. Installing ... Success
0:185  0:000  Partition driver loaded: CD disconnect Success
0:185  0:000  HFS+ driver loaded
0:185  0:000  APFS driver loaded
0:185  0:000  Searching for invalid DiskIo BY_DRIVER connects: not found, all ok
0:721  0:536  === [ InitScreen ] ========================================
0:721  0:000  SetScreenResolution: 2560x1440 - already set
0:721  0:000  Console modes reported: 4, available modes:
0:721  0:000   - [01]: 80x25
0:721  0:000   - [02]: 80x50
0:721  0:000   - [03]: 100x31
0:721  0:000   - [04]: 128x40 (current mode)
0:721  0:000  reinit: self device path=PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(1,GPT,F5EE06E3-E943-412D-AC4B-44158E2A3195,0x28,0x64000)
0:721  0:000  === [ GetMacAddress ] =====================================
0:721  0:000  MAC address of LAN #0= D8:CB:8A:C0:69:24:
0:721  0:000  === [ ScanSPD ] ===========================================
0:722  0:000  SMBus device : 8086 8CA2 class=0C0500 status=Success
0:722  0:000  SMBus CmdReg: 0x3
0:722  0:000  Scanning SMBus [8086:8CA2], mmio: 0xF7214004, ioport: 0xF000, hostc: 0x11
0:722  0:000  Slots to scan [8]...
0:722  0:000  SPD[1]: Type 11 @0x51
0:741  0:018  XMP Profile1: 10*1/8ns
0:741  0:000  Found module with XMP version 1.3
0:741  0:000  Using XMP Profile1 instead of standard frequency 1333MHz
0:741  0:000  DDR speed 1600MHz
0:741  0:000  Slot: 1 Type 24 4096MB 1600MHz Vendor=Corsair PartNo=CMX8GX3M2A1600C11 SerialNo=0000000000000000
0:741  0:000  SPD[3]: Type 11 @0x53
0:760  0:018  XMP Profile1: 10*1/8ns
0:760  0:000  Found module with XMP version 1.3
0:760  0:000  Using XMP Profile1 instead of standard frequency 1333MHz
0:760  0:000  DDR speed 1600MHz
0:760  0:000  Slot: 3 Type 24 4096MB 1600MHz Vendor=Corsair PartNo=CMX8GX3M2A1600C11 SerialNo=0000000000000000
0:760  0:000  === [ GetAcpiTablesList ] =================================
0:761  0:000  Get Acpi Tables List from RSDT:
0:761  0:000   - [00]: FACP  A M I len=132
0:761  0:000   - [01]: APIC  A M I len=114
0:761  0:000   - [02]: FPDT  A M I len=68
0:761  0:000   - [03]: FIDT  A M I len=156
0:761  0:000   - [04]: ASF!   HCG len=165
0:761  0:000   - [05]: SSDT  Ther_Rvp len=3197
0:761  0:000   - [06]: SSDT  Cpu0Ist len=1337
0:761  0:000   - [07]: SSDT  CpuSsdt len=2932
0:761  0:000   - [08]: MCFG  A M I len=60
0:761  0:000   - [09]: HPET  A M I len=56
0:761  0:000   - [10]: SSDT  SataTabl len=877
0:761  0:000   - [11]: SSDT  SaSsdt  len=22581
0:761  0:000   - [12]: UEFI  A M I len=66
0:761  0:000   - [13]: DMAR  BDW  len=128
0:761  0:000   - [14]: BGRT  A M I len=56
0:761  0:000  Calibrated TSC frequency =3199991749 =3199MHz
0:761  0:000  === [ GetUserSettings ] ===================================
0:761  0:000  USB FixOwnership: yes
0:761  0:000  Dropping 3 tables:
0:761  0:000   - [00]: Drop table  signature="SSDT" (54445353) table-id="CpuPm" (0000006D50757043)
0:761  0:000           - set table: 54445353,       6D50757043 to drop: no
0:761  0:000   - [01]: Drop table  signature="SSDT" (54445353) table-id="Cpu0Ist" (0074734930757043)
0:761  0:000           - set table: 54445353,   74734930757043 to drop: yes
0:761  0:000   - [02]: Drop table  signature="DMAR" (52414D44)
0:761  0:000           - set table: 52414D44,                0 to drop: yes
0:761  0:000   - final DSDT Fix mask=1FE60000
0:761  0:000  ChassisType: 0xD
0:762  0:001  === [ ScanVolumes ] =======================================
0:762  0:000  Found 20 volumes with blockIO
0:762  0:000  - [00]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)
0:784  0:022  - [01]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x1,0xFFFF,0x0)
0:784  0:000          Found optical drive
0:784  0:000  - [02]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)
0:785  0:001  - [03]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x3,0xFFFF,0x0)
0:786  0:000  - [04]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(1,GPT,F5EE06E3-E943-412D-AC4B-44158E2A3195,0x28,0x64000)
0:807  0:020          This is SelfVolume !!
0:807  0:000  - [05]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(2,GPT,38C6C1AE-2E2C-4FF8-8D72-9AC89395A11A,0x64028,0x4A6BE340)
0:807  0:000  - [06]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(3,GPT,D81935A0-CEC7-4AB4-834F-8572B93C1D72,0x4A722368,0x135F20)
0:837  0:030  - [07]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(1,GPT,CFF624F8-C0C3-4448-A8A4-62A66193376C,0x28,0x64000)
0:838  0:000          Result of bootcode detection: bootable unknown (legacy)
0:843  0:004  - [08]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(2,GPT,0F773801-80BD-45F5-8F2F-C45790E3B5FB,0x64028,0xE906A10)
0:843  0:000          Result of bootcode detection: bootable unknown (legacy)
0:843  0:000  - [09]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(3,GPT,6C5331E7-AF77-4D12-AB6C-5BCF1AC6EDE4,0xE96AA38,0x135F20)
0:844  0:000  - [10]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(4,GPT,DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB,0xEAA0958,0xE5EC7F0)
0:844  0:000          Result of bootcode detection: bootable unknown (legacy)
0:844  0:000  - [11]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(5,GPT,DB0968EA-61E0-45D8-ADE3-FFE6F8ABE9EA,0x1D08D148,0x138800)
0:845  0:000  - [12]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x3,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(1,GPT,4B8588D0-6E43-4B29-A475-0B1254F46C4A,0x28,0x64000)
0:846  0:000          Result of bootcode detection: bootable unknown (legacy)
0:872  0:026  - [13]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x3,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(2,GPT,1A2217AC-33B4-42D0-8D17-920E9FA99621,0x6C800,0x4BFD8A58)
0:873  0:000  - [14]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x3,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(3,GPT,0100BFD5-1EBF-4711-B9B2-33F00C91280D,0x4C085258,0x18EDDA8)
0:873  0:000  - [15]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x3,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(4,GPT,6E01D029-3175-43E1-9390-8D208CDAA12D,0x4D9B3000,0x26D53800)
0:874  0:000  - [16]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(4,GPT,DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB,0xEAA0958,0xE5EC7F0)\VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,5237D03F8414BB44A298DD20545A42DB)
0:874  0:000  - [17]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(4,GPT,DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB,0xEAA0958,0xE5EC7F0)\VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,D88DC35029E2E930A5B91EF623E60C8A)
0:874  0:000  - [18]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(4,GPT,DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB,0xEAA0958,0xE5EC7F0)\VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,9F7EE4D96E588149A4F095855B0B59DF)
0:874  0:000  - [19]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(4,GPT,DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB,0xEAA0958,0xE5EC7F0)\VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,FBBB5C655D03A5408555A20AA841031B)
0:874  0:000  === [ InitTheme ] =========================================
0:875  0:001  Using theme 'lightup' (EFI\CLOVER\themes\lightup)
0:875  0:000  OS main and drive as badge
0:879  0:003  Loading font from ThemeDir: Success
0:880  0:000  Choosing theme lightup
0:880  0:000  after NVRAM boot-args=-alcbeta -lilubeta
0:880  0:000  === [ Dump SMC keys from NVRAM ] ==========================
0:880  0:000  found AppleSMC protocol
0:899  0:019  === [ ScanLoader ] ========================================
0:899  0:000  - [04]: 'EFI'
0:899  0:000  - [05]: 'HiSierraHDD'
0:952  0:053          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=HiSierraHDD
0:978  0:025      Check if volume Is Hibernated:
0:978  0:000      Check sleep image 'by signature':
1:032  0:053      read prefs \Library\Preferences\com.apple.PowerManagement.plist status=Success
1:032  0:000      using default sleep image name = \private\var\vm\sleepimage
1:052  0:019      no valid sleep image offset was found
1:052  0:000       sleepimage offset could not be acquired
1:052  0:000      hibernated: no - sign
1:072  0:020  not png, try icns
1:073  0:000  not png, try icns
1:073  0:000  - [06]: 'Recovery HD'
1:110  0:036          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=Recovery HD
1:152  0:042  not png, try icns
1:152  0:000  not png, try icns
1:153  0:000  - [07]: 'EFI'
1:153  0:000  - [09]: 'Recovery HD'
1:155  0:002          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=Recovery HD
1:156  0:000      Check if volume Is Hibernated:
1:156  0:000      Check sleep image 'by signature':
1:156  0:000      using default sleep image name = \private\var\vm\sleepimage
1:156  0:000      sleepimage not found -> Not Found
1:156  0:000      hibernated: no - sign
1:157  0:000  not png, try icns
1:157  0:000          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=Recovery HD
1:158  0:001  not png, try icns
1:159  0:000  - [12]: 'EFI'
1:159  0:000  - [13]: 'Storage'
1:159  0:000  - [14]: 'Stuff'
1:159  0:000  - [15]: 'Tools'
1:159  0:000  - [16]: 'Preboot'
1:161  0:002          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=Preboot
1:164  0:002      Check if volume Is Hibernated:
1:164  0:000      Check sleep image 'by signature':
1:164  0:000      using default sleep image name = \private\var\vm\sleepimage
1:164  0:000      sleepimage not found -> Not Found
1:164  0:000      hibernated: no - sign
1:164  0:000  not png, try icns
1:166  0:001  - [17]: 'HiSerraSSD'
1:166  0:000  - [18]: 'Recovery'
1:167  0:001          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=Recovery
1:169  0:001  not png, try icns
1:170  0:001  - [19]: 'VM'
1:170  0:000  === [ AddCustomTool ] =====================================
1:178  0:007  found tool \EFI\CLOVER\tools\Shell64U.efi
1:178  0:000  Checking EFI partition Volume 4 for Clover
1:178  0:000   Found Clover
1:182  0:003  === [ GetEfiBootDeviceFromNvram ] =========================
1:182  0:000   - efi-boot-device-data: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(4,GPT,DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB,0xEAA0958,0xE5EC7F0)\VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,5237D03F8414BB44A298DD20545A42DB)
1:182  0:000    - Volume: 'PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(4,GPT,DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB,0xEAA0958,0xE5EC7F0)\VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,5237D03F8414BB44A298DD20545A42DB)'
1:182  0:000    - LoaderPath: '<null string>'
1:182  0:000    - Guid = DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB
1:182  0:000  === [ FindStartupDiskVolume ] =============================
1:182  0:000    - Volume: partition = PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(4,GPT,DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB,0xEAA0958,0xE5EC7F0)\VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,5237D03F8414BB44A298DD20545A42DB)
1:182  0:000     - searching for that partition
1:182  0:000      - found entry 4. 'Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot', Volume 'Preboot'
1:182  0:000  Boot redirected to Entry 4. 'Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot'
1:182  0:000  DefaultIndex=4 and MainMenu.EntryCount=12
1:244  0:062  GUI ready
7:257  6:012  === [ StartLoader ] =======================================
7:257  0:000  Finally: Bus=99999kHz CPU=3200MHz
7:257  0:000  Loading boot.efi  status=Success
7:268  0:010  GetOSVersion: 10.13 (17A291j)
7:268  0:000  CSR_CFG: CSR_ALLOW_UNTRUSTED_KEXTS | CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_FS | CSR_ALLOW_TASK_FOR_PID | CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_DTRACE | CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_NVRAM
7:268  0:000  === [ PatchSmbios ] =======================================
7:268  0:000  insert table 9 for dev 0:1
7:269  0:000  Channels: 2
7:269  0:000  Interleave: 0 2 1 3 4 6 5 7 8 10 9 11 12 14 13 15 16 18 17 19 20 22 21 23
7:269  0:000  SMBIOS Type 17 Index = 0 => 0 0:
7:269  0:000  BANK 0 DIMM0 EMPTY
7:269  0:000  SMBIOS Type 17 Index = 1 => 2 2:
7:269  0:000  BANK 1 DIMM0 EMPTY
7:269  0:000  SMBIOS Type 17 Index = 2 => 1 1:
7:269  0:000  BANK 0 DIMM1 1600MHz 4096MB
7:269  0:000  SMBIOS Type 17 Index = 3 => 3 3:
7:269  0:000  BANK 1 DIMM1 1600MHz 4096MB
7:269  0:000  mTotalSystemMemory = 8192
7:269  0:000  NumberOfMemoryDevices = 4
7:269  0:000  Type20[0]->End = 0x3FFFFF, Type17[2] = 0x1000
7:269  0:000  Type20[1]->End = 0x7FFFFF, Type17[3] = 0x3000
7:269  0:000  Table 131 is present, CPUType=35
7:269  0:000  Change to: 605
7:269  0:000  === [ PatchACPI ] =========================================
7:269  0:000  RSDT 0xDE7C2028
7:269  0:000  FADT from RSDT: 0xDE7C2138
7:269  0:000  XSDT 0xDE7C2090
7:269  0:000  FADT from XSDT: 0xDE7D4D58
7:269  0:000  Xsdt reallocation done
7:269  0:000  old FADT length=10C
7:269  0:000  Found OperationRegion(GNVS, SystemMemory, DE7F5C18, ...)
7:269  0:000  Found OperationRegion(PNVA, SystemMemory, DE7F6D98, ...)
7:269  0:000  Found OperationRegion(CPSB, SystemMemory, DE2B0E98, ...)
7:269  0:000  Found OperationRegion(TMMB, SystemMemory, FED40000, ...)
7:269  0:000  Found OperationRegion(ABNV, SystemMemory, DE7F0000, ...)
7:269  0:000  Found OperationRegion(GCAD, SystemMemory, DE7DF018, ...)
7:269  0:000  Found OperationRegion(PRFA, SystemMemory, DE7DD018, ...)
7:269  0:000  Apply DsdtFixMask=0x1FE60000
7:269  0:000     drop _DSM mask=0x0000
7:269  0:000  === [ FixBiosDsdt ] =======================================
7:269  0:000  VideoCard devID=0xFC610DE
7:269  0:000  DisplayADR1[0] = 0x10000, DisplayADR2[0] = 0x0
7:269  0:000  USBADR[0] = 0x140000 and PCIe = 0xFFFE
7:269  0:000  USBADR[1] = 0x1A0000 and PCIe = 0xFFFE
7:493  0:224  Audio HDA (addr:0x1B0000) setting specified layout-id=1 (0x1)
7:493  0:000  USBADR[2] = 0x1D0000 and PCIe = 0xFFFE
7:493  0:000  first CPU found at 87C4 offset 87C7
7:493  0:000  score candidate at 87C0
7:493  0:000  score inserted in acpi_cpu_score _PR_
7:493  0:000  Found ACPI CPU: CPU0 | CPU1 | CPU2 | CPU3 | CPU4 | CPU5 | CPU6 | CPU7 , within the score: _PR_
7:494  0:000  Found PCIROOTUID = 0
7:494  0:000  Start RTC Fix
7:494  0:000  found RTC Length not match, Maybe will case CMOS reset will patch it.
7:494  0:000  found RTC had IRQNoFlag will move -3 bytes
7:494  0:000  ...len=12B8F
7:494  0:000  new size written to 2251 shift=0 len=12B8F
7:494  0:000  len after correct outers 12B8F
7:494  0:000  Start TMR Fix
7:494  0:000  Start HDMI5 Fix
7:494  0:000  have no HDMI device while HDMIADR2=1
7:494  0:000  HDMIADR1=10000 HDMIADR2=1
7:494  0:000    with default properties
7:494  0:000  Start _WAK Return Fix
7:494  0:000  _WAK Method find return data, don't need to patch.
7:494  0:000  return len=12C08
7:494  0:000   deleting device CRT_
7:494  0:000   deleting device DVI_
7:494  0:000   deleting device SPKR
7:495  0:000   deleting device ECP_
7:495  0:000   deleting device LPT_
7:495  0:000   deleting device FDC0
7:495  0:000   deleting device ECP1
7:495  0:000   deleting device LPT1
7:496  0:000  Start PNLF Fix
7:496  0:000  found PWRB at 51ED
7:496  0:000  Start _S3D Fix
7:496  0:000    indirect name=PNVB
7:496  0:000  Start ADP1 fix
7:496  0:000  no device(AC) exists
7:497  0:000  === [ ACPIDropTables ] ====================================
7:497  0:000  Drop tables from Xsdt, SIGN=DMAR TableID=BDW  Length=128
7:497  0:000   Xsdt has tables count=15
7:497  0:000   Table: DMAR  BDW   128 dropped
7:497  0:000  Drop tables from Xsdt, SIGN=SSDT TableID=Cpu0Ist Length=1337
7:497  0:000   Xsdt has tables count=14
7:497  0:000   Table: SSDT  Cpu0Ist  1337 dropped
7:497  0:000  === [ PatchAllSSDT ] ======================================
7:497  0:000  Patch table: SSDT  Ther_Rvp len=0xC7D
7:497  0:000  Patch table: SSDT  CpuSsdt len=0xB74
7:497  0:000  Patch table: SSDT  SataTabl len=0x36D
7:497  0:000  Patch table: SSDT  SaSsdt  len=0x5835
7:497  0:000  Drop tables from Xsdt, SIGN=XXXX TableID= Length=0
7:497  0:000   Xsdt has tables count=13
7:497  0:000  CPUBase=0 and ApicCPUBase=1 ApicCPUNum=4
7:497  0:000  Maximum control=0x20
7:497  0:000  Turbo control=0x24
7:497  0:000  P-States: min 0x8, max 0x24
7:497  0:000  SSDT with CPU P-States generated successfully
7:497  0:000  SSDT with CPU C-States generated successfully
7:497  0:000  === [ RestSetup macOS ] ===================================
7:497  0:000  EdidDiscovered size=128
7:497  0:000  ------- EDID Table
7:497  0:000  000  |  00  FF  FF  FF  FF  FF  FF  00  41  0C
7:497  0:000  010  |  E9  08  62  12  00  00  24  19  01  03
7:497  0:000  020  |  80  37  1F  78  2A  A3  75  B0  4C  38
7:497  0:000  030  |  B5  26  0C  50  54  BD  4B  00  D1  C0
7:497  0:000  040  |  81  80  81  40  95  0F  95  00  B3  00
7:497  0:000  050  |  81  C0  01  01  56  5E  00  A0  A0  A0
7:497  0:000  060  |  29  50  30  20  35  00  29  37  21  00
7:497  0:000  070  |  00  1E  00  00  00  FF  00  55  48  42
7:497  0:000  080  |  31  35  33  36  30  30  34  37  30  36
7:497  0:000  090  |  00  00  00  FC  00  50  48  4C  20  32
7:497  0:000  100  |  35  38  42  36  51  4A  45  42  00  00
7:497  0:000  110  |  00  FD  00  32  4C  1E  63  21  00  0A
7:497  0:000  120  |  20  20  20  20  20  20  00  0B
7:497  0:000  NVidia GFX injection not set
7:497  0:000   setting specified layout-id=1 (0x1)
7:497  0:000  stringlength = 2270
7:497  0:000  CurrentMode: Width=2560 Height=1440
7:497  0:000  Beginning FSInjection
FSInjectionInstall ...
FSInjectionInstall ...
7:515  0:017  Use origin smbios table type 1 guid.
7:521  0:006  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other
7:537  0:015    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\Lilu.kext
7:543  0:005    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext
7:565  0:022      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\PinConfigs.kext
7:627  0:061    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\RealtekRTL8111.kext
7:638  0:011    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
7:646  0:007    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakePCIID.kext
7:650  0:004    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext
7:661  0:011  SetStartupDiskVolume:
7:661  0:000    * Volume: 'Preboot'
7:661  0:000    * LoaderPath: '<null string>'
7:661  0:000    * DevPath: Preboot
7:661  0:000    * GUID = DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB
7:662  0:000    * efi-boot-device: <array><dict><key>IOMatch</key><dict><key>IOProviderClass</key><string>IOMedia</string><key>IOPropertyMatch</key><dict><key>UUID</key><string>DCD35DBA-904C-4F0A-801D-1037CADFD0CB</string></dict></dict></dict></array>
7:662  0:000  Custom boot is disabled

and the GUI section from config:

<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Custom</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<string>HiSierraHDD</string>
					<key>Ignore</key>
					<false/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>OSX</string>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<string>38C6C1AE-2E2C-4FF8-8D72-9AC89395A11A</string>
					<key>VolumeType</key>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<key>Ignore</key>
					<false/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>OSX</string>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<key>VolumeType</key>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<key>Ignore</key>
					<false/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>OSX</string>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<string>5237D03F8414BB44A298DD20545A42DB</string>
					<key>VolumeType</key>
				</dict>
			</array>
		</dict>

I don't see the AddCustomEntries section in your boot.log. It should come before the ScanLoader section. Please post your boot.log and config.plist as attachments.

@arsradu,

Can you also show the GUI section from your config.plist? Maybe try removing the "scan" section and only relying on custom entries?

Your boot log confirms the unique UUID for the Preboot Volume is 5237D03F8414BB44A298DD20545A42DB.

but doesn't look like your custom entries are working (only autoscan by Clover)?

Yeah there's something wrong. There is no custom entry scan.

Should now be included. :) I edited my post earlier.

Yep, that was very useful information. :) Thank you! However, I think that the fact that my APFS drive is also encrypted with FileVault...makes all the difference. And now I'm trying to decrypt it to see if it works, and the Turn Off FileVault is greyed out... And yes, even after unlocking that section. Anyway, that's another topic.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

No, encryption does not matter because the parts that are needed to boot must be unencrypted or you couldn't boot. There's something else going on.

Nope not at all. It's only used as a storage for EFI firmware update payload .scap files. It is useless for a non-mac. If you reformatted the drive, which no idea why you did that, then did you reinstall anything that was on it? Like clover? Or fix your firmware boot entries (if you made one for clover)? Or repair any other OSes you have? Not a good idea to format your ESP if you have working OSes.

EDIT: Are you booting legacy? Or is that happening in the GUI? But the issue is in the code so formatting your partition was probably never going to help.

I would probably remove the one that doesn't work and expand whatever OS partition you can. Or reinstall. But yeah hide the recovery with either GUI/Hide or GUI/Custom/Entries.

Well, they are working for the other volumes I edited.... It's just this one that doesn't seem to work.

I edited with Xcode, but if the rest of the Clover GUI config is ok, then I'm not sure there can be an issue with the syntax.

I managed to disable FileVault from command line. I'm still waiting for it to complete, but I guess we'll see after that if it makes a difference or not.

To disable FileVault from Terminal, use this (for anyone interested, in case you're stuck with greyed out "Turn Off FileVault" button like I was.)

sudo fdesetup disable

Well, I'm not sure it's the same thing here. Mine was a FileVault entry point for the encrypted partition which wasn't encrypted anymore after reinstall. :)

For hiding Recovery partitions though, see if fusion71au's post here can help. I didn't get the chance to use it since, in the meantime, I wiped the entire HDD (I only use it for High Sierra HDD testing, so I didn't actually lose anything) and reinstalled DP2 from scratch.

You should only disable filevault in recovery, lol.

@apanti

I tried setting that as OSXRecovery. No change.

I didn't find an option to disable FileVault from Recovery. :) I already tried. You can only unlock the volume, which doesn't help much. But I couldn't find an option to decrypt it permanently.

However, I managed to do that with the command above.

Which brings me to the next issue: 7 boot entries. Again. This time, the extra one is the "FileVault Prebooter". But there is no FileVault, so not sure what the hell is that doing there. And a regular boot for HiSierraSSD (unencrypted volume). Also, a dedicated recovery, just like before. ALL pointing to the same UUID. 

post-1303722-0-42527900-1498405586_thumb.png post-1303722-0-09255100-1498405594_thumb.png 

Anyway, boot.log and config.plist attached.

EDIT:

Ok, we can rule out CC from this. Why? Well, because it works perfectly fine on the non-encrypted disk. So it's not the fact that I'm editing the config with CC. I'm not defending it. I'm just saying this issue has nothing to do with that. I had the exact same issue when I edited it with Xcode, and even manually with Sublime.

Now, all I had to do was to point the unencrypted partition to the UUID displayed in Clover UI (on spacebar). Just like I did for the other partitions. And it works. So, it looks like the problem appears when using APFS with FileVault. FileVault on HFS works, HFS alone works, APFS alone works. But FileVault on APFS does not.

post-1303722-0-61721600-1498406281_thumb.png

Maybe we're not pointing it in the right direction. Or maybe it needs something else. But these are my results so far. So I hope it helps.

bootlog.log.txt

config_test.plist.zip