Clover r5101 ISO compiled with GCC and minimal config.plist compatible for use in VMWare Workstation.
Tested with unlocked Workstation 15 running OSX 10.9 -->10.15 guest in Windows X64 host.
1. Download and unzip "EFI_Clover_r5101 for VMware.zip". Mount Clover-v2.5k-5101-X64.iso by double clicking on it.
2. Mount your VM's EFI System Partition eg in terminal
sudo diskutil mount disk0s1
3. Copy EFI folder from step 1 into the EFI partition
4. Shutdown the VM, add bios.bootDelay = "3000" to your VM's vmx file
5. Reboot your VM, press <F2> to access the VMware Boot Manager and add CLOVERX64.efi to the boot menu.
Substitute your own unique and valid MLB and ROM variables in the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (Rt Variables section) to activate iMessage/Facetime on your VM.
I used OpenCore with this configuration:
-b450i Aorus pro wifi
I followed the instruction and Catalina 10.5.2 works flawlessly. Usb power, bluetooth patched, iCloud, airplay. audio, gpu.
The only thinks that aren't working are iMessage, FaceTime and handoff.
iMessage Error: email@example.com
FaceTime Error: This account has not reachable addresses. Please signing to appleid.apple.com in order to add one.
I think it could be related to ROM configuration in PlatformInfo-> Generic -> Rom
But even if I tries to change the value it doesn't seems to work.
Steps I've done:
- Change Rom Value
- Change entirely the Generic settings
- Used CloverConfigurator to create a new rom value
- checked that en0 is stetted in Wifi
- removed [~/Library/Caches/com.apple, ... , networkPreferences.plist] files
Is anything wrong I'm doing in the rom code creation? I attach my config.plist (without smUUID) maybe in OpenCore I should use not data but string type?