Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Hello,

Does anyone know how to create a DSDT binary patch for clover, i need it to support my battery on my laptop;

I already have written a patch that i was using with Chameleon

Here's the patch; It makes the battery indicator work with sony vaio vpc-z13 and ACPIBatteryManager from RehabMan

--- /Users/stefb/cw_dsdt/original.dsl 2014-12-17 17:59:57.000000000 +0100
+++ /Users/stefb/cw_dsdt/patched.dsl 2014-12-17 17:59:57.000000000 +0100
@@ -824,6 +824,12 @@
         PRSV,   656
     }

+    Method (B1B2, 2, NotSerialized)
+    {
+        Or (ShiftLeft (Arg1, 0x08), Arg0, Local0)
+        Return (Local0)
+    }
+
     Scope (_SB)
     {
         Name (PR00, Package (0x29)
@@ -4261,14 +4267,21 @@
                         Offset (0x1E), 
                         Offset (0x1F), 
                         Offset (0x20), 
-                        SM01,   16, 
-                        SM10,   16, 
-                        SM18,   16, 
-                        SM19,   16, 
+                        B001,   8, 
+                        B101,   8, 
+                        B010,   8, 
+                        B110,   8, 
+                        B018,   8, 
+                        B118,   8, 
+                        B019,   8, 
+                        B119,   8, 
                         SM0D,   16, 
-                        SM0F,   16, 
-                        SM09,   16, 
-                        SM0B,   16, 
+                        B00F,   8, 
+                        B10F,   8, 
+                        B009,   8, 
+                        B109,   8, 
+                        B00B,   8, 
+                        B10B,   8, 
                         SM08,   16, 
                         SM12,   16, 
                         SM14,   16, 
@@ -4568,14 +4581,16 @@
                             })
                             If (ECON)
                             {
-                                Store (Multiply (CE16 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.SM18), 0x0A), Index (BPKG, One))
-                                Store (Multiply (CE16 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.SM10), 0x0A), Index (BPKG, 0x02))
-                                Store (CE16 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.SM19), Index (BPKG, 0x04))
-                                If (CE16 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.SM10))
+                                Store (Multiply (CE16 (B1B2 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B018, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B118)), 0x0A), Index (BPKG, 
+                                    One))
+                                Store (Multiply (CE16 (B1B2 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B010, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B110)), 0x0A), Index (BPKG, 
+                                    0x02))
+                                Store (CE16 (B1B2 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B019, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B119)), Index (BPKG, 0x04))
+                                If (CE16 (B1B2 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B010, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B110)))
                                 {
-                                    Store (Multiply (CE16 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.SM01), 0x0A), Local0)
+                                    Store (Multiply (CE16 (B1B2 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B001, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B101)), 0x0A), Local0)
                                     Store (Local0, Index (BPKG, 0x05))
-                                    Store (Multiply (CE16 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.SM18), 0x0A), Local0)
+                                    Store (Multiply (CE16 (B1B2 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B018, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B118)), 0x0A), Local0)
                                     Store (Divide (Local0, 0x7D, ), Index (BPKG, 0x06))
                                     Store (Divide (Local0, 0x01F4, ), Index (BPKG, 0x07))
                                     Store (Divide (Local0, 0x01F4, ), Index (BPKG, 0x08))
@@ -4647,18 +4662,19 @@
                                 And (Local0, 0x0C, Local0)
                                 ShiftRight (Local0, 0x02, Local0)
                                 Store (Local0, Index (PKG1, Zero))
-                                Store (CE16 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.SM0B), Local0)
+                                Store (CE16 (B1B2 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B00B, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B10B)), Local0)
                                 If (And (Local0, 0x8000))
                                 {
                                     XOr (Local0, 0xFFFF, Local0)
                                     Increment (Local0)
                                 }

-                                Store (Multiply (Local0, CE16 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.SM09)), Local1)
+                                Store (Multiply (Local0, CE16 (B1B2 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B009, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B109))), Local1)
                                 Store (Divide (Local1, 0x03E8, ), Local1)
                                 Store (Local1, Index (PKG1, One))
-                                Store (Multiply (CE16 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.SM0F), 0x0A), Index (PKG1, 0x02))
-                                Store (CE16 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.SM09), Index (PKG1, 0x03))
+                                Store (Multiply (CE16 (B1B2 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B00F, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B10F)), 0x0A), Index (PKG1, 
+                                    0x02))
+                                Store (CE16 (B1B2 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B009, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B109)), Index (PKG1, 0x03))
                             }

Return (PKG1)

You have two ways:

1. Make your DSDT.aml and use it in Clover. You may also set DSDT fixes and control what they do. Usually Clover will apply his patches over your patches and they live together in peace.

2. Compare binary files DSDT-origin.aml and DSDT-patched.aml and write replacement strings into Clover config. It is possible but I think it is hard way without any advantages. I can't help there because it requires both files and not only diff.

Hi there, recently I got a message before clover GUI, take a look:

0:395 0:018 Network protocol is not installed

In fact, I dont have any trouble, the boot starts normally — as always…

But I'm curious about this message: Its something related to BIOS config or Clover config?

This is wrong message from ancient Clover. Use more recent one.

• Like 1

Is it possible to have a custom shutdown option key in Clover's gui?

No such custom keys.

May I ask you what are you going to do? Clover is a bootloader. It is intended to be a bridge between BIOS boot ability and OS requirement.

You press a Power button and go to OS. Then you can shutdown the computer using system ability. Clover will not be accessed from OS. What is "shutdown key in Clover"? You powered up computer just to see Clover's theme? Yes, there are nice. You don't want to boot OS?

There is Reset button if you want to do something else powering up the computer.

Yes i know it is a boot loader and i used it for dual booting but sometimes i reboot from os to os dont want to log into system and just want to shutdown pc which is not a laptop or a desktop  but home theater pc and i want to do things remote not from reset or shutdown button.Old Clover had that ability before then it was transformed to exit to some bios menu and i find no use for that function.

Plus almost all boot loaders i have tried have the shutdown function and i don't think for no reason.

Hi all,

I'm currently with Clover v. 3050 installed in EFI part, and Yose v. 10.1 . Motherboard: Asus P8Z77 PRO TH , no other cards or devices. 

I've recently ordered a CT Desktop Intel NIC (82754), which should be OS X native, but I've been unable to install it so far. This NIC has its own BIOS which start after the motherboard BIOS and requires CSM enabled in mobo's BIOS options. Which is incompatible with CLOVER in UEFI partition, as my machine has. 

Eventually at last I was able to boot but the Clover boot 1st page is not in Full HD as usual but in VGA and then, when the machine boots and gets to the login and the video sync is messed up and I cannot see anything readable on my monitor . Tried both DVI and HDMI, always the same. Tried with graphics option : 1920*1080 in Clover options, but nothing. 

Who has hints or knows how to install this NIC under CLOVER in UEFI partition, please reply here or PM me. Thanks!  :)

Solved: I used this driver, here

You have two ways:

1. Make your DSDT.aml and use it in Clover. You may also set DSDT fixes and control what they do. Usually Clover will apply his patches over your patches and they live together in peace.

2. Compare binary files DSDT-origin.aml and DSDT-patched.aml and write replacement strings into Clover config. It is possible but I think it is hard way without any advantages. I can't help there because it requires both files and not only diff.

Thanks,

I just did make it work using the 1. option. I got the clean DSDT via linux, and applied my patch + cleanup and compile error fixing, and other patches (HDA, USB) are applied through clover.

Every thing seems to work fine.

Yes i know it is a boot loader and i used it for dual booting but sometimes i reboot from os to os dont want to log into system and just want to shutdown pc which is not a laptop or a desktop  but home theater pc and i want to do things remote not from reset or shutdown button.Old Clover had that ability before then it was transformed to exit to some bios menu and i find no use for that function.

Plus almost all boot loaders i have tried have the shutdown function and i don't think for no reason.

Remote? Clover can't be remotely accessed. It can't connect to TeamViewer. Do not fantasy. This feature is absolutely useless that's why it excluded from new Clover.

Unable to boot my hackintosh after i locked it with find my mac. Clover keeps restarting. I have 3050

Can you do anything? Boot to system somehow with some XXX bootloader? Instead of claim that Clover is bad. Can you make debug.log with Clover to see when it restarted?

Slice and team,

Rev 3063 change
Before enter menu CLover will show a boot process on the screen (except Fast Boot).
It will helps users to understand where is large delay to boot Clover.

request - since i prefer to use Timeout=0 instead of Fastboot=T  (so GUI is available if i need it), can you please add logic to not print out this info for Timeout=0 also? (Note: there is not much difference in time for me on SSD)

Thank you!

ie change the code to something like this:

diff ./CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/main.c /Volumes/OSX-/Extra/Clover_Install/./CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/main.c

1946,1956d1943

<

<   if (!GlobalConfig.FastBoot && GlobalConfig.Timeout>0) {

<     FirstMessage = PoolPrint(L"   Welcome to Clover %s   ", FIRMWARE_REVISION);

<     i = (UGAWidth - StrLen(FirstMessage) * GlobalConfig.CharWidth) >> 1;

<     DrawTextXY(FirstMessage, i, UGAHeight >> 1, X_IS_CENTER);

<     FreePool(FirstMessage);

<     FirstMessage = PoolPrint(L"... testing hardware ...");

<     DrawTextXY(FirstMessage, i, (UGAHeight >> 1) + 20, X_IS_CENTER);

<   }

1987,1993d1973

<     FirstMessage = PoolPrint(L"... user settings ...");

<   }

<

2029,2036d2008

<

<     FirstMessage = PoolPrint(L"... scan entries ...");

<   }

<

2118,2124d2089

<

<     if (!GlobalConfig.FastBoot && GlobalConfig.Timeout>0) {

<       FirstMessage = PoolPrint(L"...theme %s ...", GlobalConfig.Theme);

<       i = (UGAWidth - StrLen(FirstMessage) * GlobalConfig.CharWidth) >> 1;

<       DrawTextXY(FirstMessage, i, (UGAHeight >> 1) + 20, X_IS_CENTER);

<       FreePool(FirstMessage);

<     }

Slice and team,

Rev 3063 change

Before enter menu CLover will show a boot process on the screen (except Fast Boot).

It will helps users to understand where is large delay to boot Clover.

request - since i prefer to use Timeout=0 instead of Fastboot=T  (so GUI is available if i need it), can you please add logic to not print out this info for Timeout=0 also? (Note: there is not much difference in time for me on SSD)

Thank you!

I'd like to second this. I just tried r3065 and although the Welcome to Clover just flashes up for a split second it still feels better without it.

Meaning wireless from my bed or couch with my mouse or keyboard. ;)

Hmm. Good morning! After wake in your bed you press Power Button on your keyboard and then understand you don't want to start the computer but Clover already started. You search Shutdown icon in Clover interface and found no one....

question: Clover 3050 mode legasy not save me .log, preboot.log, ACPI tables
advice

Fabio

The Clover must be installed on partition formatted to FAT32

newfs_msdos -F32 /dev/disk9s9

The Clover must be installed on partition formatted to FAT32

newfs_msdos -F32 /dev/disk9s9

If I understand:

the EFI must be FAT32 

from Terminal : diskutil list

the EFI partition and use it in the command below : newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1

Clover install the MBR and selecting boot0af 

Fabio

Hmm. Good morning! After wake in your bed you press Power Button on your keyboard and then understand you don't want to start the computer but Clover already started. You search Shutdown icon in Clover interface and found no one....

Meaningless things to a person have a lot of meaning for other people.You do understand that almost all boot loaders have the shutdown option and some times some bios have it too but at least tell me whats the point to exit to that bios kind menu that Clover exits now.

PS.Some people they don't use Clover GUI at all by setting timeout=0 so why we have themes and gui at all :lol:

Meaningless things to a person have a lot of meaning for other people.You do understand that almost all boot loaders have the shutdown option and some times some bios have it too but at least tell me whats the point to exit to that bios kind menu that Clover exits now.

PS.Some people they don't use Clover GUI at all by setting timeout=0 so why we have themes and gui at all :lol:

When a Windows machine starts you have the option to shutdown once you are at the login screen good luck booting anything else but windows. Linux using grub you get screen with choice of kernel to boot, memtest a lot of the time, other operating systems present on machine boot options and rescue option then once login screen you get chance to shutdown. With clover you get screen to choose operating  systems on machine options to do other things then once at OSX login screen the option to shutdown. Now I don't know where your comprehension of a boot procedure comes from but in my nearly 40 years of using these damn things the option to shutdown anything, it is at the login screen or inside the OS once logged in/booted fully stop wasting our time with this foolishness.

• Like 1

After upgrading to Yosemite partition layout changed and Clover installation is clueless where ESP (in my case disk0s1) is. It installs into /Volumes/mav-1000/EFI insead of /Volumes/EFI/EFI.

MacBook-Air:CloverGrowerPro jacekg$ sudo diskutil mount disk0s1

Password:

Volume EFI on disk0s1 mounted

MacBook-Air:CloverGrowerPro jacekg$ diskutil list

/dev/disk0

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB     disk0

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1

2:          Apple_CoreStorage                         999.3 GB   disk0s2

3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s3

/dev/disk1

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:                  Apple_HFS mav-1000               *999.0 GB   disk1

Logical Volume on disk0s2

0C808566-EDFB-4887-B662-706B03900539

Unencrypted

MacBook-Air:CloverGrowerPro jgoral$ mount

/dev/disk1 on / (hfs, local, journaled)

devfs on /dev (devfs, local, nobrowse)

map -hosts on /net (autofs, nosuid, automounted, nobrowse)

map auto_home on /home (autofs, automounted, nobrowse)

/dev/disk0s1 on /Volumes/EFI (msdos, asynchronous, local, noowners)

MacBook-Air:CloverGrowerPro jacekg$ 

Before the upgrade disk0s2 was what disk1s0 is now (HFS partition/slice).

Any ideas how to install Clover in this situation without manually copying files?

@jacekg - 

easy to fix - the OSX installer likes to convert your disk into a logical volume. so just revert to regular volume by command line:

the clover installer seems to get lost otherwise (i.e. looks at your disk1 and doesn't see EFI partition)

sudo diskutil corestorage revert /
  • Like 1

Clover Rev 3063: tried but  i revert to 3050 because don't like  the new boot process on the screen and because 3050 seem to boot my system a bit faste respect v3063.

However, thank you as always for the good job.

When a Windows machine starts you have the option to shutdown once you are at the login screen good luck booting anything else but windows. Linux using grub you get screen with choice of kernel to boot, memtest a lot of the time, other operating systems present on machine boot options and rescue option then once login screen you get chance to shutdown. With clover you get screen to choose operating  systems on machine options to do other things then once at OSX login screen the option to shutdown. Now I don't know where your comprehension of a boot procedure comes from but in my nearly 40 years of using these damn things the option to shutdown anything, it is at the login screen or inside the OS once logged in/booted fully stop wasting our time with this foolishness.

I'm not saying that my opinion is the right one and people should adopt it but  40  years ago computing was totally different and many things have changed and evolved.

post-893868-0-08167000-1419128859_thumb.png

refind

plop bootmanger

grub has the halt option

but as i said once Meaningless things to a person have a lot of meaning for other people and please don't judge so easy.

I'm not saying that my opinion is the right one and people should adopt it but  40  years ago computing was totally different and many things have changed and evolved.

attachicon.gifWindows_8_Boot_Options_Menu.png

refind

plop bootmanger

grub has the halt option

but as i said once Meaningless things to a person have a lot of meaning for other people and please don't judge so easy.

Wow can't believe anyone wasting time on this nonsense... If you don't want the machiine on stay away from the fricking PB, otherwise wait 10 or 15 secs to shutdown from the OS, this is getting silly.