Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

I have kind of a success here with my framebuffers. HDMI works including sound. But not together with DVI. One DVI on port 3 works as well but DVI on port 2 only when unplugged and replugged after booting to the desktop. Then it even works with two DVI!

My main goal is now to get DVI and HDMI together to work. I will report back and also post my findings and a how-to when I'm satisfied with my solution.

thanks again for the help!

If I switch the DVI port or GPU that my monitor is connected to, clover won't boot. Right before I get to the desktop the machine resets! If I switch the display back to the GPU and port that it was connected to, it works again. Also, if I try to use a different monitor on the working port it won't boot until I reconnect the original monitor. If I buy a new monitor, I have to reinstall??????

If I switch the DVI port or GPU that my monitor is connected to, clover won't boot. Right before I get to the desktop the machine resets! If I switch the display back to the GPU and port that it was connected to, it works again. Also, if I try to use a different monitor on the working port it won't boot until I reconnect the original monitor. If I buy a new monitor, I have to reinstall??????

I have that problem too—I think it's an OSX issue, not a Clover one. There's increasingly convoluted weirdness going on with displays/ports/framebuffers in the newer versions of OS 10.9.x.

Have you tried using an HDMI or DisplayPort connection instead of DVI? OSX really doesn't like DVI for some reason.

I have that problem too—I think it's an OSX issue, not a Clover one. There's increasingly convoluted weirdness going on with displays/ports/framebuffers in the newer versions of OS 10.9.x.

Chameleon works fine

finally!!! i have Hibernation mode in UEFI on my Notebook.

and is very, very fast than Hibernation mode in Legacy!! biggrin.gif 
UEFI Clover2636.
Lenovo G480 - Mavericks 10.9.2
Hibernation works. Slide=100, hibernatemode=29, EmuVariableUefi, without OsxAptioFixDrv.efi.

Thanks Guys!!! wink.gif 

• Like 1

Anyone have any insight or a workaround?

Is this clover's fatal flaw?

Once booted I can switch my output or monitor but once I reboot, the machine resets before reaching the desktop and won't boot until I restore the original config I had when I installed.

Anyone have any insight or a workaround?

Is this clover's fatal flaw?

Once booted I can switch my output or monitor but once I reboot, the machine resets before reaching the desktop and won't boot until I restore the original config I had when I installed.

Today I noticed some oddly titled snippets like 'DumpGPURestart' in /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ that I don't remember seeing before. Might be a clue.

Though the last OS I used prior to Mavericks was Lion, so maybe that stuff has been there for awhile.

<key>NVidia</key>
<true/>

Allows me to boot after switching ports or monitors. Strange because GraphicsEnabler=No works in chameleon with my cards.

<key>NVidia</key>
<true/>

Allows me to boot after switching ports or monitors. Strange because GraphicsEnabler=No works in chameleon with my cards.

Do you talk on  Mavericks ?  because  I think this to card GTX580+GTX570. works GE=Yes

I have an issue , I have a Ubuntu 13.10 Ext4 installation and mavericks on a GPT on the same HDD, but in Clover boot loader I am unable to see the Linux partition.

Can someone please help. My work documens are on it.  

Do u have Clover UEFI or legacy?

If its UEFI then u maybe need ext4 driver.

I have a problem with saving the nvram under clover. On every reboot the settings are gone. My board is the GA-H61M-DS2 with UEFI. (I'm using the setting Clover UEFI) In the past I'm using EmuVariableUefi-64.efi which worked fine. Now, without this driver it didn't work anymore. I want a "cleaner" setup without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi because I read, that this driver is only for Phoenix Bios. Is it possible without this? Thanks.

I have a problem with saving the nvram under clover. On every reboot the settings are gone. My board is the GA-H61M-DS2 with UEFI. (I'm using the setting Clover UEFI) In the past I'm using EmuVariableUefi-64.efi which worked fine. Now, without this driver it didn't work anymore. I want a "cleaner" setup without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi because I read, that this driver is only for Phoenix Bios. Is it possible without this? Thanks.

I have exactly the same motherboard and be sure there is a real NVRAM and driver EmuVariableUefi is not needed.

Hello Slice,

thanks for your answer. It would be nice, if you can help me with my problem. Here are some details about my config.

GA-H61M-DS2 (rev. 2.2) UEFI Bios F9
Partitions: OS X, Efi and Recovery
Gigabyte Radeon Ati 6570 UEFI
Bios Settings: Windows 8 WHQL, CSM Disabled, Secure Boot Disabled
Clover Config: Clover_v2k_r2636.pkg
Drivers: Standard Clover UEFI Drivers +  OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, HFSPlus.efi (Removed VBoxHfs-64.efi), Installing RC scripts on target volume '/'

For example Find my Mac did not work after reboot and keyboard settings( With nvram -p then the settings are  gone) Only settings fmm-computer-name, bluetoothActiveControllerInfo, LocationServicesEnabled %01 are shown.  

I did that, it gave me the linux partition and I could boot in to linux.  but when I try to boot in to Mavericks it will reboot. I guess I am off OS x now, l will keep linux and windows.

Usually it means wrong DSDT patching or wrong kernel patching or absences of some needed patching.

what would be the best way to convert from what IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext does to make the ATAPI DVD internal vs external by using something in Clover config.plist.

Should I add _DSM patch to DSDT? or Device add property? kext patch? I have seen a few examples, but did not see one that seems to just address making DVD internal.

I was thinking of a property string but was not sure the what the PCI address would be? would it be this?:  PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x2)

Anyway any pointers, snippets would be appreciated.... just trying to remove 1 more custom kext.

the code (properties) in the kext is:

<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>

<dict>

<key>IOAHCISerialATAPI</key>

<dict>

<key>ATAPI</key>

<true/>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.iokit.IOAHCISerialATAPI</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>IOAHCISerialATAPI</string>

<key>IOProbeScore</key>

<integer>25000</integer>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOAHCIDevice</string>

<key>Protocol Characteristics</key>

<dict>

<key>Physical Interconnect</key>

<string>SATA</string>

<key>Physical Interconnect Location</key>

<string>Internal</string>

</dict>

</dict>

</dict>

ioreg shows the DVD device: 

post-954945-0-81140400-1395669258_thumb.png

Hello community !

Have a little issue with updating clover, i have installed the latest one ( 2652 ) but my laptop boot every time with the last clover ( 2636 ), on the clover updater it show that the last installed revision is the 2652, but the current booted revision is the 2636. Probook 4540s / osx 10.9.2 

Here is the boot.log if necessary : http://pastebin.com/MZ5fHRKb

Thank you for help.