Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Hello community !

Have a little issue with updating clover, i have installed the latest one ( 2652 ) but my laptop boot every time with the last clover ( 2636 ), on the clover updater it show that the last installed revision is the 2652, but the current booted revision is the 2636. Probook 4540s / osx 10.9.2 

Here is the boot.log if necessary : http://pastebin.com/MZ5fHRKb

Thank you for help.

Replace file CLOVERX64.efi manually.

Replace file CLOVERX64.efi manually.

I dont know if its right  ( correct me if am wrong ) , but i have removed the CLOVERX64.efi file from efi partition then i have updated to the latest revision, without success.. its show always that the 2652 is installed but it boot on the 2636. BTW where i can see clover change log ?

Thanks.

Since updating clover recently I now have a boot from EFI menu entry.  I think this is my EFI partition showing up.  I don't recall having this before.  How can I remove this entry?  I see someone asked a similar question on projectosx however I cannot connect to that site for some reason.

Thank you.

I am getting this EFI Bios menu and cannot continue, searching for this showed up cloverx64.efi is not found and I have copied it to /EFI/Boot/ but still not working.

Copy from /EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.EFI

to /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI

or vice versa.

You mean I overwrite bootx64.efi with cloverx64.efi and vice versa ? or copy cloverx64.efi to /EFI/BOOT ?

override.

That means bootx64.efi is a renamed cloverx64.efi.

override.

That means bootx64.efi is a renamed cloverx64.efi.

Hi , I had to resin tall from scratch hence I installed Maverics first and then Lubuntu, and then booted to Mavericks using the my hack usb and installed clover with EXT4.efi but I do not see the Linux there, It had worked the first time but now it just does not show up. I can boot to Mavericks from clover though.

Have a little issue with updating clover, i have installed the latest one ( 2652 ) but my laptop boot every time with the last clover ( 2636 ), on the clover updater it show that the last installed revision is the 2652, but the current booted revision is the 2636. Probook 4540s / osx 10.9.2 

I saw similar behaviour a couple of months ago after adding a hybrid SDHD disk to my desktop, and the install log always said everything was fine, no errors – there was  problem with the Clover installer that *was* fixed.

The other thing to check is that you're not booting from a different disk, USB key or whatever because of BIOS boot priority.

Hello all,

trying to get up to speed with Clover, and have it installed on a few machines now. However, I can't get it to work on my GA-Z77X-UP7 tower. It has worked fine for years with Chameleon, no problems, but I can NOT get Clover to see my OS X on other drives partitions, AT ALL! I've tried so many combinations, but never once has it even begun to work (what I mean is, once Clover boots, it NEVER sees my other drives where OS X is).

I've attached a picture of my drives / partition configs (as seen from within Windows 7 with Paragon hard disk Manager 12 Suite... which is AMAZING by the way!)

With Chameleon (and by the way, at anytime I can boot from my Chameleon USB stick and like magic, all my drives are there and I can select and boot any of them), I have always had Chameleon installed on the Partition "Cham". Now, I just tried moving/re-sizing the partitions to squeeze in that new (as of today) EFI FAT32 w/ 4k sectors partition, install Clover there, even REMOVE (unplug) the Neutron SSD, install Clover (with almost EVERY driver), and STILL Clover will NOT see the drives / partitions on (HPT DISK 0_0)! Now, the HPT disks are a 2 SSD drive RAID 1 on a Highpoint Tech RocketRAID 2720 controller (complete with the newest 10.9 official drivers from Highpoint, but again, Chameleon has always been able to see them, even now with no problems).

So, please... what is the problem and what is the solution?

Thanks... pretty frustrated at this point as I always prefer to do everything I can first to figure things out, but now I'm just spent!!! :P

As always, appreciate everyone here, and Clover is a technological masterpiece from the future (or Russia)!!! ; ) Going to be great once I really understand it and can work with it well!

Hello community !

Here is the boot.log if necessary : http://pastebin.com/MZ5fHRKb

Thank you for help.

I had this same problem today, and what I found was that Clover was not booting BOOT from where I thought it was (it was picking it up from another partition). I made the needed changes to point it where I wanted it to be, and then deleted the other entry. 

post-81851-0-05987100-1396143824_thumb.jpg

OK... this is crazy. I finally had enough for today and decided to put everything back the way it was and move on to doing other life things. This included removing the BOOT files from other drives/part I had copied them to, clearing CMOS, using Chameleon booted from USB stick and reinstalling Clover (v2652 by the way, and which I have installed/and re-installed more times than I could count by now), which, when done, would have left me with being able to boot into my NTFS (Windows 7) with Clover installed, then when needed, get to OS X by booting from my Chameleon USB stick...

When Clover came up after all of this... I had all drives...

:wallbash:  :wallbash:

Seriously, I have done this same thing I don't know how many times over the last couple of weeks... my GUESS is that today is the first time I attempted to create a FAT32 w/ 4k cluster EFI partition. When I initially created and started to use it, I had NAMED it EFI, but of course that does not MAKE it an 'EFI' partition. When I first installed Clover to this new partition, Clover did NOT 'make' it an EFI partition. Now that it's working, and I do a 'diskpart list', I see this partition is still not (correct me if I'm wrong), an EFI partition but now has TYPE 'DOS_FAT_16'. I for sure created as FAT32, so Clover must have changed it to DOS_FAT_16, right? Yes, No? And perhaps this is why it is working now, for the very first time ever?

I was then finally able to launch 'Generate Config File' and copy it to EFI/Clover, and then use Clover PrefPane to point to EFI/Clover. On restart, it ALMOST booted perfectly, but then restarted just before GUI. Selected to Inject nvidia, and then the next time it booted perfectly and I'm in now, under Clover.

This Clover is POWERFUL, but you need space shuttle training to fly it! 

:startreck:

Any comments... welcome...

Oh... I have a few more questions: 

I do eventually want to figure out how to make my machine fully configured as UEFI only, but is this possible / a good idea if...

1) My Galaxy (nVida) GT570 GPU is NOT GOP compliant.

2) My Highpoint Tech SAS RocketRAID 2720 controller is BIOS compliant only.

Thanks all!!

news in clover after for along time with chameleon.

now,, i have any trouble.. each time i plugin my flashdisk.. my pc always reboot.. is there any setting that i miss in config.plist..?!

thanks in advance..

news in clover after for along time with chameleon.

now,, i have any trouble.. each time i plugin my flashdisk.. my pc always reboot.. is there any setting that i miss in config.plist..?!

thanks in advance..

My problem solved, when i checked "No Cache" mark.

Thanks.. it great bootloader. the NeXT bootloader.. :D

does anyone have a HD 2500 only config they can share. i have an H61-USB3 with i3-3240 (HD 2500 only) config. it will NOT bring up the gfx acceleration - shows white/colored snow. any tips? i tried various ig-platform-ids. can only boot in safe-mode - full res (1920x1200) on dvi.  any help is appreciated. thanks.