Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

May be you mean "kernel gets stuck at flow_divert_fctr"?

Hi Slice yes .  I have tried "-f" but no luck.

It was working properly.

BTW I wanted to ask this.  My laptop has a InsydeH20 Bios Ver 3.6 (Toshiba Satellite L755)  . If I am correct that BIOS is legacy . but I have tried UEFI too and I get the same Flow_diver problem even there, so does it mean that I can use UEFI i.e. when clover does work properly for me.

Hi !

I 'm trying tu use the Realtek ALC 887 on my Z77-DS3H with SP/DIF out.

Does it work ? It works in analogue output but never in digital.

I tried Audio Inject 1 or 2 in Clover (although I have a 3 port analogue output).

Thanks.

Find and install a SPDIF/out kit for your motherboard (Gigabyte/Asus/3rd party)

ex. SPDIF Output Cable, GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - Accessory - Motherboard

Works with Audio ID: 1 or 2 (Z77-DS3H).

I followed your topic about Mavericks and Realtek ALC and patched with audio_alc887-92_patch.command.

But still no sound on digital out, analogue works I think, but today starting up, no more Realtek sound. (I had a warning about not certified developer)

I have a SP/DIF adapter recuperated on an old PC, works fine with Windows. But no luck with OS X.

For Mountain Lion you had a step 7. Substitute SPDIF-2 Wire Output (Item / Node / Number), I never tried it because I'm no more on ML.

Thanks for your help.

I followed your topic about Mavericks and Realtek ALC and patched with audio_alc887-92_patch.command.

But still no sound on digital out, analogue works I think, but today starting up, no more Realtek sound. (I had a warning about not certified developer)

I have a SP/DIF adapter recuperated on an old PC, works fine with Windows. But no luck with OS X.

For Mountain Lion you had a step 7. Substitute SPDIF-2 Wire Output (Item / Node / Number), I never tried it because I'm no more on ML.

Thanks for your help.

May be you want to try VoodooHDA?

May be you want to try VoodooHDA?

I tried once without the PrefPane and it didn't work. But today I downloaded it from InsanelyMac v2.8.5 and installed the PrefPane, set to SP/DIF (ATAPI) and it works.  :drool:

One thing though, when I set VLC to use SP/DIF Surround OS X restarts and I removed AppleHDA before trying.

Anyway I let it in Stereo, I mostly needed that.

BTW : VoodooHdaSettingsLoader.app must be run at startup ?

Thanks.

Hi

I've been trying to complete a Clover setup with the first hackintosh I built (GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 / i5 2500K / OS10.9.2) after a very good experience with Clover and my secong hack (Asus Gryphon / i7 4770K)

I can get the i5 to boot (UEFI) without problem, but the internal graphics are recognised incorrectly as HD2000 (they're HD3000), no kext is loaded and there's no QE/CI.

Using the CSMVideoDxe-64 driver produces the correct screen resolution (1920x1200) but doesn't help the QE/CI problem.

If I revert to a regular legacy Chameleon boot all is recognised fine. How can I make Clover recognise the internal graphics correctly with a UEFI boot?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Hi

I've been trying to complete a Clover setup with the first hackintosh I built (GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 / i5 2500K / OS10.9.2) after a very good experience with Clover and my secong hack (Asus Gryphon / i7 4770K)

I can get the i5 to boot (UEFI) without problem, but the internal graphics are recognised incorrectly as HD2000 (they're HD3000), no kext is loaded and there's no QE/CI.

Using the CSMVideoDxe-64 driver produces the correct screen resolution (1920x1200) but doesn't help the QE/CI problem.

If I revert to a regular legacy Chameleon boot all is recognised fine. How can I make Clover recognise the internal graphics correctly with a UEFI boot?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Turn off graphis injection.

Make dsdt edits for HD3000.

Thanks for the suggestion, but doesn't that rather defeat the point of UEFI on the board ? (ie no dsdt)

Kind of simpler to just revert to Chameleon for the i5 Sandybridge...thanks anyway :)

UEFI does not have any point with OSX graphics card injection...

Hi All,

I'm in the process of getting Clover set up.  So far, it's been really smooth and everything is working *except* my magic mouse.  When I use it it keeps resetting the cursor position to the upper left corner and in the Console I'm getting a mountain of Bluetooth errors.  Such as:

4/16/14 10:56:42.000 AM kernel[0]: REQUIRE failure: inDataSize >= bytesToSend - file: /SourceCache/IOBluetoothFamily_kexts/IOBluetoothFamily-4230.4.10/Core/Family/HCI/IOBluetoothFamily.cpp:12923
4/16/14 10:56:42.000 AM kernel[0]: REQUIRE failure: destinationDevice != NULL - file: /SourceCache/IOBluetoothFamily_kexts/IOBluetoothFamily-4230.4.10/Core/Family/HCI/IOBluetoothFamily.cpp:12891
4/16/14 10:56:45.000 AM kernel[0]: [bNBMouseDevice][waitForData][c4-2c-03-a9-13-63] Timeout waiting for data
4/16/14 10:56:45.000 AM kernel[0]: [bNBMouseDevice::getExtendedReport][80.14] ERROR: [bNBMouseDevice] getReport returned error e00002d6 for reportID 0x0060
4/16/14 10:56:45.000 AM kernel[0]: [bNBMouseDevice::createCalibratedVoltagesDictMagicMouse][80.14] ERROR: Unable to get calibrated battery thresholds report for product ID 781
4/16/14 10:56:46.000 AM kernel[0]: REQUIRE failure: inDataSize >= bytesToSend - file: /SourceCache/IOBluetoothFamily_kexts/IOBluetoothFamily-4230.4.10/Core/Family/HCI/IOBluetoothFamily.cpp:12923
4/16/14 10:56:46.000 AM kernel[0]: REQUIRE failure: destinationDevice != NULL - file: /SourceCache/IOBluetoothFamily_kexts/IOBluetoothFamily-4230.4.10/Core/Family/HCI/IOBluetoothFamily.cpp:12891

As far as I know there is no settings directly related to Bluetooth so I'm hoping one of you out there has something I can try.  Thanks in advance.

Edit: I should note my mouse worked perfectly out of the box using Chameleon.

I agree, but changing from BIOS to UEFI meant that a DSDT was no longer needed for the Sandybridge board.

It seems regressive to introduce a DSDT just to boot UEFI with Clover.

Can you explain why you think UEFI needs no dsdt patching? 

UEFI doesn't change ACPI specifications and any errors present in your boards dsdt would be the same regardless.

In this instance, with this board (Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3), flashing the UEFI firmware meant that a patched DSDT was no longer necessary for full functionality, as it had been with BIOS. Corrections are made via injection and that's really what I was looking for here.

It turns out that injecting the device ID 0x01268086 via Devices/Fake ID/IntelGFX and leaving Graphics/Inject Intel enabled causes the AppleIntelHD3000Graphics kext to load and QE/CI to be enabled. Thanks to m.gbt over at OSX86.net for the suggestion.

It still shows up in system profiler as 'Intel HD Graphics 2000' but now has the correct (for HD3000) ID and shows 512MB VRAM.

Edited by spaced

Hi guys ,,recently i choosed Clover upon Chameleon : with legacy bios system..

i'm l'll new to clover need these answers for followings :

1.Clover Bootloader Why don't Clover (Legacy Disk 1 or else)Show partition name as Chameleon Shows normally like Disk utility .

2.Clover bootloader won't automatically boots with System Reserved Drive (windows drive ) always it stay to choose option , i have already change default boot Volume to System Reserved ,,time out =5 secs ,ignoreNVRAMBOOT =Selected ..but when i select OSX Drive boot automatically don't need to click on drive ,,why not with windows ???is there any way 

3.how could i optimised or used RC Scripts more (i what is RC Scripts what it to Except NVRam Vraiables ..

PS:just i want to Familiar with Clover like i'm with Chameleon ,,sorry if i bothered you ..

Thanks in Advance ..

@hack.in

Instructions on hiding unnecessary menu items in the Clover Instructions Thread post #12 and Clover wiki.

You are correct in that there are still issues if you want to set Clover to boot your Windows partition as first preference in your config.plist, related to NVRAM - see this thread & clover ticket#17.  I guess the priority for Slice & the developers is to boot OSX not Windows.

Edit:  I misunderstood your question.

Placing ntfs.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64 does fix the cosmetic problem with partition names showing as "legacy" instead of their real names.  Clover also correctly chooses the Windows partition if the Default Boot Volume is set and IgnoreNVRAMBoot to "true".

In my case with uefi installed Windows 7, my mistake was to omit EFI as the Default Boot Volume (only had bootmgfw.efi as Default Loader).

To fix the problem, you need to

• Delete your current NVRAM settings...in terminal
sudo rm /nvram.plist
sudo nvram -c
  • Edit your config.plist, entering the Default Boot Volume and ticking IgnoreNVRAMBoot with Clover Configurator...

post-846696-0-81746200-1397977482_thumb.png

• With the correct config.plist settings, everything works as expected...

post-846696-0-65500100-1397977703_thumb.png

Good find @hack.in :D.

• Like 1

In this instance, with this board (Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3), flashing the UEFI firmware meant that a patched DSDT was no longer necessary for full functionality, as it had been with BIOS. Corrections are made via injection and that's really what I was looking for here.

No differences between legacy-BIOS and UEFI BIOS because OSX always assumes EFI BIOS. So DSDT always needed and it must be good constructed so DSDT patching needed.

But Mavericks became more tolerant to DSDT mistakes and new BIOSes contains more correct DSDT. That's why sometimes you may not patch it.

Hi guys ,,recently i choosed Clover upon Chameleon : with legacy bios system..

i'm l'll new to clover need these answers for followings :

1.Clover Bootloader Why don't Clover (Legacy Disk 1 or else)Show partition name as Chameleon Shows normally like Disk utility .

2.Clover bootloader won't automatically boots with System Reserved Drive (windows drive ) always it stay to choose option , i have already change default boot Volume to System Reserved ,,time out =5 secs ,ignoreNVRAMBOOT =Selected ..but when i select OSX Drive boot automatically don't need to click on drive ,,why not with windows ???is there any way 

3.how could i optimised or used RC Scripts more (i what is RC Scripts what it to Except NVRam Vraiables ..

PS:just i want to Familiar with Clover like i'm with Chameleon ,,sorry if i bothered you ..

Thanks in Advance ..

1. I think you may have no HFSPlus.efi driver to get a name of HDD.

2. Boot procedure look into nvram to known about last booted system. There can't be windows or something else because they are not working with nvram.

3. If you are knowing script programming then take them from /etc/rc.* and look what you can optimize.

hooray!! :yes:  :yes:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim: !! i got working like Chameleon just goes my own way  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

I guess the priority for Slice & the developers is to boot OSX not Windows :).

i don't think so now my system boot with clover with windows partition without any Clicking ,,and i know what is UEFI .EFI,Legacy ,,how clover and Chameleon works ,,i just wondering about features of clover like chameleon it has or not ??i got my answers i has all features like chamleon...i think the question i asked is all Noob question when Moving from Chameleon to Clover with Windows ...

1. I think you may have no HFSPlus.efi driver to get a name of HDD.

@Slice really a nice Work by you and Clover team :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim: ..instead of using HFSPlus.efi driver i used NTFS.efi then Miracle goes clover automatically boots with windows partition and i got every partition name showing ,,,

one more benefit i got without this driver windows take more time to boot but now it boots faster 

PS:now erverything i got working like Chamelon ,thank you guys ...

Thank you Guys ...

• Like 2

Instructions on hiding unnecessary menu items in the Clover Instructions Thread post #12 and Clover wiki.

hi one more thing i haven't discussed here ,,,Hiding using Post method is not worked for me :(  :( that time i used again my own Brain and found :angel:  :angel: ,,i know this is Already posted at Project OSX but after getting Solution my own i found on net  :hysterical:  :hysterical: ..

Thank you 

Best Regards

PS:you can use my Config.list as Example and Hiding way is in Config.plist Here..

@hack.in

Thanks for that :).  It's great that you have contributed to the Clover Configuration thread.  I wish more people would do the same...the main hurdle for noobs is a working config.plist so the more working examples, the better.

Re hiding entries.  The original link to the wiki in my post #4246 was to the Boot Configuration page.  It should have been to the GUI page - I have corrected the link now.

I use the method below:

<key>Scan</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Tool</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Legacy</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>Custom</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
				<key>FullTitle</key>
				<string>UEFI Internal</string>
				<key>Hidden</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<true/>
				<key>Type</key>
				<string>Other</string>
				</dict>
			</array>
		</dict>

which removes legacy entries (since I have uefi Windows) and the "Boot UEFI internal from EFI".

Looks like this in Clover Configurator:

post-846696-0-12370600-1398036792_thumb.png

My boot screen only has UEFI Windows 7, OS X Mavericks and the Recovery Partition:

post-846696-0-18343000-1398036900_thumb.png

• Like 1