Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Hi everybody! Thanks to @carlo_67 (and Mariosun) I booted my X570 rig using Clover V5137/5138 with both BS 11.5 and MR Beta1/2/3, I modified the core count patch with the right number for me (10 instead of 6 or 8 since I own a 5950x). My mainboard is an ASRock X570 Steel Legend and my gpu is a RX 460 4 Gb (my RTX 3070 main GPU doesn't work in macOS eheheheh).

The same patchset, obviously translated the right way, works for the stock Opencore 0.7.1 version.

Pretty happy for it, I hope that we can fix the remaining problems for the "unfair" mainboards and that this reduced patchset will work again and again till the final release of MR.

config.plist.zip

Edited by tomnic
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tomnic said:

Hi everybody! Thanks to @carlo_67 (and Mariosun) I booted my X570 rig using Clover V5137/5138 with both BS 11.5 and MR Beta1/2/3, I modified the core count patch with the right number for me (10 instead of 6 or 8 since I own a 5950x). My mainboard is an ASRock X570 Steel Legend and my gpu is a RX 460 4 Gb (my RTX 3070 main GPU doesn't work in macOS eheheheh).

The same patchset, obviously translated the right way, works for the stock Opencore 0.7.1 version.

Pretty happy for it, I hope that we can fix the remaining problems for the "unfair" mainboards and that this reduced patchset will work again and again till the final release of MR.

config.plist.zip 3.7 kB · 4 downloads

unfortunately here the music is always that

931690803_Schermata2021-07-25alle23_58_15.thumb.png.4b2c6d2e77828a71ce15508f88556703.png

repairing the 4 patches then boots but immediately goes into kernel panic; in my opinion delete the count 1 and skip is not a good idea, as a procedure in general, if it then works in your hack OK well

PS: I observe that in this version if I disable procedures, my hack does not start and does not report errors; in the full version of the 46 patches where catalina boot, big sur and monterey procedure is disabled

6 hours ago, Alpha999 said:
Hello, [mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention]
I'm sorry to make you a little troublesome, but I still have the result
Think of it as a post to submit to carlo_67. (If possible, add the name cario_67 to the resulting file as well.) Please wait for the instructions of carlo_67 in the future.
I'm sorry to bother you.
Separately, I will give you EFI from me.
Even if it's a hassle, please test for the same.
Please send back the results(add name Alpha to result file).
Please test this.
EFI_clover_Savage_From_Alpha.zip

It’s no bother. I will try the attached when I can and post results.

Here is boot log trying to boot Big Sur.

Still kernel panic

2021-07-26_07-50_BOOTX64.EFI.log

I have attached the exact EFI (minus smbios info) that i can use to boot Big Sur.

Spoiler

1708907693_ScreenShot2021-07-26at5_43_53pm.thumb.png.b68c6901b9d681ed56d9b7c41e1a824f.png

EFI.zip

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Like 1

@Slice

Hi, long time no see, Clover changed lots of code(Mixed OC) from original.

so i tested latest clover. i tested all with ACPI and kext and etc same. just update clover binary and driver.

i have been used EmuVariableUefi.efi+OsxAptioFixDrv-64i+RC Script on old Clover. everything was fine. saves NVRAM too.

recent clover use OpenRuntime.efi without EmuVariableUefi.efi for Supporting native NVRAM system.

but my sandy laptop doesn't support NVRAM system. so, i mixed OpenRuntime.efi + EmuVariableUefi.efi. but EmuVariableUefi.efi is not properly working.

i can't save nvram. because i typed "nvram -p" on terminal, but not show EmuVariableUefi YES. 

next, i back EmuVariableUefi.efi+OsxAptioFixDrv-64. i can boot, but RC script and EmuVariableUefi.efi is not working like case above.

i think best way for legacy system. latest OpenRuntime version+Quirk on config + EmuVariableUefi.efi(EmuVariableUefi Yes on terminal) + RC Script.

- need all implemented OpenRuntime from OC. still have not some feature for legacy like "AllowRelocationBlock". it can boot snow leopard.

hope comeback clover like old

log files

old clover

bootlog_r5107.txt

nvram -p

Spoiler

Sherlocksui-MBP:~ sherlocks$ nvram -p

fakesmc-key-BEMB-flag %01

fakesmc-key-RPlt-ch8* k90i%00%00%00%00

fakesmc-key-RBr -ch8* k90i%00%00%00%00

EFILoginHiDPI %00%00%00%00

fakesmc-key-#KEY-ui32 %00%00%00%00

SystemAudioVolumeDB %f4

fakesmc-key-BATP-flag %00

EmuVariableUefiPresent Yes

fakesmc-key-MSTc-ui8 %00

prev-lang:kbd ko:0

fakesmc-key-BNum-ui8 %01

security-mode none

OsxAptioFixDrv-RelocBase %00%10%e5%ab%00%00%00%00

csr-active-config w%02%00%00

fakesmc-key-$Num-ui8 %01

fakesmc-key-MSFW-ui8 %01%00

fakesmc-key-REV -ch8* %01h%0f%00%00%99

fakesmc-key-MSPS-ui16 %00%03

fmm-computer-name Sherlocks%ec%9d%98 MacBook Pro

backlight-level %ab%06

fakesmc-key-$Adr-ui32 %00%00%03%00

fakesmc-key-EPCI-ui32 %05%b0%07%00

bluetoothActiveControllerInfo %1d1%f0%03%00%00%00%00%16%1d%90%c7%a9%00%80%ff

fakesmc-key-MSAc-ui16 %00%00

SystemAudioVolume %17

fakesmc-key-RMde-char A

fakesmc-key-BBIN-ui8 %01

specialbootdevice %02%01%0c%00%d0A%03%0a%00%00%00%00%01%01%06%00%02%1f%03%12%0a%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%04%01*%00%02%00%00%00%00H%06%00%00%00%00%00%000~%0a%00%00%00%00%a9H+%d9%f1S%f5J%b5%08%ff%13%e7%0d%02+%02%02%04%03$%00%f7%fct%be|%0b%f3I%91G%01%f4%04.hBw%ad%10%c9%06%d9%a87%b9K%87'%15%11&%a0%7f%ff%04%00

flagstate %00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00

fakesmc-key-MSWr-ui8 %00

Sherlocksui-MBP:~ sherlocks$

new clover(mixed oc)

bootlog_r5138.txt

Spoiler

bluetoothActiveControllerInfo %1d1%f0%03%00%00%00%00%16%1d%90%c7%a9%00%80%ff

SystemAudioVolumeDB %f4

SystemAudioVolume %17

backlight-level %ab%06

thanks in advance. 

EDIT1

after Rc script, load nvram.plist, but backlight level is not save, for example before restart, i changed 100%, then reboot, boot in macos, i got 80% backlight.

bootlog-v2.txt

Spoiler

Last login: Mon Jul 26 23:24:36 on console

bluetoothActiveControllerInfo %1d1%f0%03%00%00%00%00%16%1d%90%c7I%25%80%ff

SystemAudioVolumeDB %f4

SystemAudioVolume %17

backlight-level %ab%06

Edited by Sherlocks

Hello [mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention]
I compared your OpenCore Quirk with Clover Quirk.
"FuzzMatch" did not match. (Maybe this is the cause of skipping patches, so I've already fixed it here.)
Then I looked at Kext as well, Clover didn't have "VirtualSMC", "Lilu", "WhatEverGreen". (Since it is the basic Kext, I think that it will not work if I do not put it in, so I have already put it in.)
How about this?

EFI-Alpha2107262112.zip

I made it based on the EFI sent by you, so please do not change the part I sent. You just need to add SMBIOS and theme,etc. to EFI. So, please test it first and put log and EFI.
I think you tryed to change the EFI and repeat the test.
(Thank you for your kindness)
But first, save EFI and Log at the beginning and send it (if you can,soon). Thank you for your cooperation.

After that you can try to change it.And please Send later...
It will be my important research materials!.
If you can't attach the results to the forums here, please use my blog.
If you select English on the Translate tab, a comment button will appear.
You can attach a zip up to 32MB, so attach it there.
https://mifmif.mydns.jp/alpha/?p=1954
Thank you for your cooperation.
Dont give up!

I don’t plan on giving up yet.
The “essential” kext are in the “other” folder.
I have never played with FuzzyMatch as I don’t know what it does.

I will try your EFI as soon as I can.

Thank you for your patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

I have never played with FuzzyMatch as I don’t know what it does.

FuzzyMatch  false 

The key ensures compatibility with the 10.6 system (Snow Leopard), where they say the cache checksum is calculated differently. I don't know how OpenCore has it, but Clover has been loading Snowball for a long time, and along with that same cache.

https://drovosek01.github.io/CloverHackyColor-WebVersion/english/from Word/Clover_Of_Khaki_Color_eng_5129.htm#_bookmark201

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alpha999 said:

Hello @SavageAUS

I'm sorry that my mistake changed my policy.
The results of the previous test will be a source of my research, so please post them. (Log and EFI)

Test the EFI below. Send Log and EFI for the same.

EFI-Alpha2107270417.zip 3.8 MB · 2 downloads

I look forward to working with you.

This one kernel panics booting big sur.

The last one you shared EFI-Alpha2107262112 booted big sur but i did not test Monterey.

2021-07-26_23-41_BOOTX64.EFI.log

• Thanks 1

[mention=980913]Sherlocks[/mention]
rc script alone works for my legacy that dont have native nvram.
can you upload your efi and log?
i need check.
my laptop not save brightness level.
what is your model? desktop?

ofc, only rc script logic works for making nvram.plist.

also please nvram -p result.

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

UEFI Clover with RC script works on emulated nvram laptop in r5122.

everything is fine, OpenRuntime + EmuVariableUefi.efi + RC Script.

i'm sure that recent clover broken this funtion.

here is log

bootlog_r5122.txt

now, my laptop solution remains. always keep r5122.
then 
1. OpenRuntime + EmuVariableUefi.efi + RC Script.
 --> can boot for 10.13.6, no boot for 10.6.8
2. OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi + EmuVariableUefi.efi + RC Script + slide=0
 --> can boot for 10.13.6 and 10.6.8

i quited all test, no more need test on latest clover.
i gave enough information of issues with log

• Thanks 1

I'm sorry. I may have made a simple mistake.(I forgot -lilubetaall.)
I want you to try this.
EFI-Alpha2107272033.zip
It may be a hassle, but please test it.
Please send me the log as well.
Thank you
I would like to consider another patch in case it doesn't boot well.

It’s no hassle except the time difference. I will try this tomorrow when I can.
Why is -lilubetaall needed? I have all updated kexts for Monterey.
Also do you want me to test Monterey? I have a working Clover for Big Sur but none working for Monterey B3 yet. Anyway I am happy to test and provide logs.

This patch looks good to you, so let's convert it to a Clover patch. Mostly, I understand the movement of the Clover you are using. It's a hassle to adjust what I posted a lot before. If this works, it's just OK.
I'll convert it for Clover, so please wait a moment.

I won’t be able to test tonight but I will test and report as soon as i can. I appreciate it.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, MifJpn said:

Hello @SavageAUS

This patch looks good to you, so let's convert it to a Clover patch. Mostly, I understand the movement of the Clover you are using. It's a hassle to adjust what I posted a lot before. If this works, it's just OK.
I'll convert it for Clover, so please wait a moment.

a 20-patch version was released then changed to 19 patches

https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla

I have already converted it but in my RIG even without borked patch currently does not start anything

maybe it could depend on the new quirk of OC absent in Clover

Patches are now universal across 15h, 16h, 17h and 19h by utilizing the OpenCore Kenerl Quirk ProvideCurrentCpuInfo

Make sure to enable this quirk or the system won't boot.

in fact an old version of OC with these new patches, does not start

CLOVER_19patches_iCan.plist

remember the talk of CPU cores 

Edited by iCanaro
  • Like 2

a 20-patch version was released then changed to 19 patches

in fact that patch I had it removed, but if you don't follow, your problems 😎

thank you marioSun

https://www.macos86.it/topic/4922-amd-kernel-patches-riduzione-patches-utilizzate-big-sur-e-monterey-beta-1/?do=findComment&comment=115985

image.png

if you add these that you find in the quirk code:

1) algrey - Remove Penryn check to execute default case

2) algrey - Get DID and VID from MSR

you will also have the functionality of the quirk used in opencore then, with little effort, a small adaptation of the quirks you use (shouldn't be necessary, but who knows) ... it should all go to you too

However, all the patches for Clover have been converted for days

https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla/pull/170

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, carlo_67 said:

in fact that patch I had it removed, but if you don't follow, your problems

they are not problems, I have other more interesting things to do ;)  it's a short time in front of a monitor

Hello everyone, I know you're all excited with Monterey but allow me to ask some stuff for our stable machines we use regularly :lol:

@Slice can I kindly ask you to update the nice Clover guide you have here, with the latest developments and added/needed keys? You had stopped at r5130 :cry: It would be helpful for us who do not understand yet what is more needed for Monterey beta (I see a lot of chat that I am losing in understanding)

Also, please, anyone knows if ForceKextsToLoad is not working or broken?

I am trying to use ForceKextsToLoad to force IO80211Family.kext to load, as it seems necessary by AirportItlwm.kext and I cannot achieve the kext to load at all in Catalina 10.15.7... can anyone advise please?

I am running Clover r5136 (as anything later has issues booting Catalina and I cannot afford too many tests).

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
[...]
		<key>ForceKextsToLoad</key>
		<array>
			<string>\System\Library\Extensions\IO80211Family.kext</string>
		</array>
[...]

Is this structure still correct for ForceKextsToLoad ?
Thank you all in advance.

Edited by MacKonsti

[mention=2344190]iCanaro[/mention], [mention=957898]carlo_67[/mention],Thank you for your kind information.
I found out when I had [mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention] try 15patch before, but I can't get "Rebork". However, "Replace" does not "Success".
In this case, when I fully adopted Mask Find and Mask Replace, Big Sur worked.(and this time,I do it)
After all, as [mention=112217]Slice[/mention] says, I think that the behavior is indefinite if those values are emptied.

I'm sorry for [mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention]'s work increased, but I think that the test is not completely meaningless.
It doesn't matter when you're ready, so I'd be happy if you could do multiple tests this time.

I will wait for the result for a while.

The test EFI is displayed again below.
EFI-MifJpn210728_6CP.zip
EFI-Alpha210728_N12O_4.zip
EFI-Alpha210728_F12I_6.zip
EFI-Alpha210728_O12I_11.zip
EFI-Alpha210728_FOC.zip

Thank you

So which zip is for what? Are they all for Big Sur and Monterey or both or just 1 or the other?

8 hours ago, MacKonsti said:

Hello everyone, I know you're all excited with Monterey but allow me to ask some stuff for our stable machines we use regularly :lol:

@Slice can I kindly ask you to update the nice Clover guide you have here, with the latest developments and added/needed keys? You had stopped at r5130 :cry: It would be helpful for us who do not understand yet what is more needed for Monterey beta (I see a lot of chat that I am losing in understanding)

Also, please, anyone knows if ForceKextsToLoad is not working or broken?

I am trying to use ForceKextsToLoad to force IO80211Family.kext to load, as it seems necessary by AirportItlwm.kext and I cannot achieve the kext to load at all in Catalina 10.15.7... can anyone advise please?

I am running Clover r5136 (as anything later has issues booting Catalina and I cannot afford too many tests).

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
[...]
		<key>ForceKextsToLoad</key>
		<array>
			<string>\System\Library\Extensions\IO80211Family.kext</string>
		</array>
[...]

Is this structure still correct for ForceKextsToLoad ?
Thank you all in advance.

Yes, ForceKextsToLoad is broken since OpenCore integration. OC provides other method for kext injection and force them is not possible.

• Thanks 1