Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

That's patched either via OpenCore's quirks or via this patch which will error on Clover as far as I'm aware because there's no Find.
Disable _x86_validate_topologyBase: _x86_validate_topologyReplace: C3

So is there a way to fix it with clover?@iCanaro is successfully booting Monterey with clover with these patches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

So is there a way to fix it with clover?@iCanaro is successfully booting Monterey with clover with these patches.

3 hours ago, Slice said:

Patches without FInd should be presented in Clover as

Find = 00

MaskFind = 00

Replace = C3

MaskReplace = FF

As Replace is one byte then all other data are also one byte.

• Like 2

[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention] Like so,

1380543955_Screenshot2021-07-13at09_35_34.png.56c1390eb2c9ab4f946ef5a215221099.png
I cannot find that patch in my patches.

I did however do some mixing and matching and I got Monterey to boot with a 52 patch plist but it boots to a black screen.

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

I cannot find that patch in my patches.

I did however do some mixing and matching and I got Monterey to boot with a 52 patch plist but it boots to a black screen.

because they are present in the fullpatches that I had left you here

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=2762741

the advice they gave you, will also be at a technical and programming level correct, but I tell you before that currently they do not work 

Slice has no AMD hack and at the moment it does not seem to me that even on the Russian forum there is someone who uses Clover on AMD platform in order to help him

Shaneee I don't know that he translates/creates and tries patches with Clover

then there are others who have patches with Clover working on their hacks, I think I tried them all and in my AMD RIG do not work

we specify well that the ones we put here, at the moment they work on my hack, let's see if it also works for others

4 hours ago, Shaneee said:

@SavageAUS Così,

Schermata 2021-07-13 a 09.35.34.png

adding these values turns a hack with Clover that starts into one that does not start, currently better to leave fields empty.
I'm not a programmer, but since I've tried and reported this thing several times I want to reiterate it

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

because they are present in the fullpatches that I had left you here

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=2762741

the advice they gave you, will also be at a technical and programming level correct, but I tell you before that currently they do not work 

Slice has no AMD hack and at the moment it does not seem to me that even on the Russian forum there is someone who uses Clover on AMD platform in order to help him

Shaneee I don't know that he translates/creates and tries patches with Clover

then there are others who have patches with Clover working on their hacks, I think I tried them all and in my AMD RIG do not work

we specify well that the ones we put here, at the moment they work on my hack, let's see if it also works for others

adding these values turns a hack with Clover that starts into one that does not start, currently better to leave fields empty.
I'm not a programmer, but since I've tried and reported this thing several times I want to reiterate it

I have attached the patches i just used to boot Monterey but it booted to black screen.

Maybe you can figure out more than me.

config.plist

10 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I have attached the patches i just used to boot Monterey but it booted to black screen.

Maybe you can figure out more than me.

config.plist 47.87 kB · 2 downloads

instead of using Shaneee - mtrr_update_action - fix PAT uses Algrey's - mtrr_update_action - pat fix which is the last in the other configs left

instead of using Shaneee - mtrr_update_action - fix PAT uses Algrey's - mtrr_update_action - pat fix which is the last in the other configs left

I’ll have to check and see what one I’m using in OC and make it the same in Clover.

Hi @Slice @Jief_Machak @iCanaro @all

Clover revision: 5138 (master, commit a634a8258) don't found my SSDT in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched. It is normal for those which are commented, but not for the one which is not.
In the config.plist, I use 'SortedOrder'

13:376  0:010  Inserting table[0]:SSDT-OLARILA.aml from \EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched: ... Not Found
13:398  0:021  Inserting table[1]:#SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml from \EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched: ... Not Found
13:420  0:021  Inserting table[2]:#SSDT-PMC.aml from \EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched: ... Not Found
13:442  0:021  Inserting table[3]:#SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml from \EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched: ... Not Found
13:470  0:028  Inserting table[4]:#SSDT-NOAWAC.aml from \EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched: ... Not Found
13:500  0:029  Inserting table[5]:#SSDT-Disable-CNW.aml from \EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched: ... Not Found

2021-07-15_10-38_BOOTX64.EFI(1).log

Unfortunately same boot to black screen / no signal.

Wait, I’m an idiot, I didn’t have a 12 folder for kexts. I’ll retry the original converted patches.

Still no dice, original patches cause KP even with kexts in 12 folder.

I was using a beta bios, now updating to latest F34 see if that helps.

New bios no help.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

I regained bluetooth with another EFI, but  have a problem at boot my trackpad, Magic Mouse and keyboard loose connection and is necessary to pair all them again, how can I solve this problem?

Thanks

PS: This is my EFI folder below...

EFI.zip

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Slice

I don't understand r5138 commit 69415092: no F11 in this readme.md. 
F11 is always present in menu.cpp. 

I just accept PR. But yes, the readme is not correct as well as some comments in the package.

• Like 1

Hi @Slice @Jief_Machak

I've got some issues with USB stick (Z390 config): all the kexts are up to date.

• r5137 commit  works fine, can boot Monterey
  • r5138 commit a634a8258: can't boot Monterey. Stuck at :
  • [EB LOG:EXITBS:START]
    						_

I did many tests without success 😢

Coud you help me, please.

2021-07-21_02-55_BOOTX64.EFI.log 2021-07-17_09-16_BOOTX64.EFI.log

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Slice @Jief_Machak

I've got some issues with USB stick (Z390 config): all the kexts are up to date.

• 
    [EB LOG:EXITBS:START]
    						_

2021-07-21_02-55_BOOTX64.EFI.log 50.46 kB · 0 downloads 2021-07-17_09-16_BOOTX64.EFI.log 49.76 kB · 0 downloads

how did you set up the quircks? this to my config. for coffe-lake .... I hope it can help you

704928489_Schermata2021-07-17alle12_30_30.png.cfd1c57f6cbafb205d28da7a9f3a67a0.png

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

how did you set up the quircks? this to my config. for coffe-lake .... I hope it can help you

704928489_Schermata2021-07-17alle12_30_30.png.cfd1c57f6cbafb205d28da7a9f3a67a0.png

Thanks 🙂 I've got the same settings, except PowerTimeOutKernelPanic=True (Dortinia Guide for Coffee Lake).

My Z390 BIOS is unlock. So I use these keys in my config.plist on both USB stick:

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>AppleIntelCPUPM</key>
		<false/>
		<key>AppleRTC</key>
		<true/>
		<key>Debug</key>
		<false/>
		<key>DellSMBIOSPatch</key>
		<false/>
		<key>KernelLapic</key>
		<false/>
		<key>KernelPm</key>
		<false/>
		<key>KernelXCPM</key>
		<false/>

Hi @Slice@all

There is something wrong or it's just me 🙂

Clover GUI displays func_clover.png and func_shell.png as usual with r5137 commit e12aefe81. Now since few commit maybe, this icons has disappeared. 

EDIT: I can boot Monterey HDD from USB stick or my HDD since r5137 (commit: a634a8258) Z390 config. Stuck just at:

_

Please help me.

Edited by Matgen84

6 minutes ago, Slice said:

What is disappered?

So, it's just me. Do you have any idea on the reasons. Nothing change in my theme. Strange.

My Z390: What do you think about the booting issues (debug.log posted this Saturday).

On 7/17/2021 at 12:55 PM, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Slice @Jief_Machak

• 
    						_

2021-07-21_02-55_BOOTX64.EFI.log 50.46 kB · 0 downloads 2021-07-17_09-16_BOOTX64.EFI.log 49.76 kB · 0 downloads

I see a difference between them

3:162  0:025   - [00]: Drop table : 52414D44,                0 :  yes

It means there are different config.plist so no wonder they works differently.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Slice said:

I see a difference between them

3:162  0:025   - [00]: Drop table : 52414D44,                0 :  yes

It means there are different config.plist so no wonder they works differently.

Thanks. I check and report the result of my investigation 🙂 if necessary, I will post both config.plist. But how to check DROP TABLE, please !

EDIT-1: I find that USB Debug.log

7:210  0:049  GUI ready
33:066  25:856  Boot option Boot0000 not found

EDIT-2: Screenshot from USB

Spoiler

screenshot0.thumb.png.3b6e26986d1c19c4f0380c6a5e4e5cf7.png

Edited by Matgen84