Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,818 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

EDIT-2: Screenshot from USB

This USB doesn't contain Shell.efi => no func_shell icon on the screen

USB booted as legacy? => no func_clover icon on the screen.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Slice said:

This USB doesn't contain Shell.efi => no func_shell icon on the screen

USB booted as legacy? => no func_clover icon on the screen.

Very strange. I made a Monterey install USB stick as usual. And Clover is installed in UEFI. The shell is in the Tools directory. I do not understand.

Capture d’écran 2021-07-20 à 18.19.24.png

Capture d’écran 2021-07-20 à 18.25.58.png

Edited by Matgen84

Hello [mention=2344190]iCanaro[/mention],and AMD user.
I'm sorry if I'm noisy.
I found a patch for OpenCore on amd os x, so I converted it for Clover. If you have time, please let me know the result of the test.
One type is not much different from the one tested with[mention=2344190]iCanaro[/mention] in the past, but the patch for Beta of the OS is also different, and the number of patches is one less. I prepared two patterns in case the operation of Procedure does not work.

OC2CLOVER_17H19H_amdosx-45patch_mod1.plist.zip
OC2CLOVER_17H19H_amdosx-45patch_mod2(Procedure-Disable).plist.zip

The second type is compatible with Monterey Beta2 and targets BigSur and Monterey (it may work on other mac OS because it includes patches of other versions).
According to the description
------
See attached patch with 34 patches
My CPU has 6 cores, so I set it up like this: Replace: BA0600000090, this entry is in the last patch.
    6 cores = 06
    8 cores = 08
    12 cores = 0C
    16 cores = 10
    32 cores = 20
------
For the same type, I prepared two patterns in case Procedure does not work.
OC2CLOVER_17H19H_amdosx-34patch-Monterey-Beta2_mod1.plist.zip
OC2CLOVER_17H19H_amdosx-34patch-Monterey-Beta2_mod2(Procedure-Disable).plist.zip
I would be honored if I could help you.
Thank you

I have tested patches.plist 3 & 4 with 0 success. Just gets stuck on Apple logo.
I will test patches.plist 1 & 2 soon and I will share the patches I am using with OC to boot beta 3.
Same results with patches.plist 1 & 2, stuck at Apple logo.
All results were tested with Monterey and Big Sur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These are the patches that work for me and boot Big Sur and Monterey.
Monterey Beta 3 Patches.plist.zip Edited by SavageAUS
Attached OC Monterey Beta 3 Patches
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, MifJpn said:

Hello @iCanaro,and AMD user.

I'm sorry if I'm noisy.
I found a patch for OpenCore on amd os x, so I converted it for Clover. If you have time, please let me know the result of the test.
One type is not much different from the one tested with@iCanaro in the past, but the patch for Beta of the OS is also different, and the number of patches is one less. I prepared two patterns in case the operation of Procedure does not work.

OC2CLOVER_17H19H_amdosx-45patch_mod1.plist.zip 4.28 kB · 5 downloads

OC2CLOVER_17H19H_amdosx-45patch_mod2(Procedure-Disable).plist.zip 4.35 kB · 5 downloads

The second type is compatible with Monterey Beta2 and targets BigSur and Monterey (it may work on other mac OS because it includes patches of other versions).
According to the description
------
See attached patch with 34 patches
My CPU has 6 cores, so I set it up like this: Replace: BA0600000090, this entry is in the last patch.

6 cores = 06
    8 cores = 08
    12 cores = 0C
    16 cores = 10
    32 cores = 20
------
For the same type, I prepared two patterns in case Procedure does not work.

OC2CLOVER_17H19H_amdosx-34patch-Monterey-Beta2_mod1.plist.zip
OC2CLOVER_17H19H_amdosx-34patch-Monterey-Beta2_mod2(Procedure-Disable).plist.zip
I would be honored if I could help you.
Thank you

currently I do not have much time available, I tested the 4 versions attached, but I do not work ... as soon as possible I check them thoroughly. Can you also attach the latest OC kernel patches that I also try to convert them?! Thank you :)

• Like 1

currently I do not have much time available, I tested the 4 versions attached, but I do not work ... as soon as possible I check them thoroughly. Can you also attach the latest OC kernel patches that I also try to convert them?! Thank you 

I attached the latest ones to my post a couple of posts back.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

These are the patches that work for me and boot Big Sur and Monterey.
Monterey Beta 3 Patches.plist.zip

I translated these kernel patches for Clover, and I adapted them for my system based on the debug log; now start catalina, big sur 11.5 and monterey beta 1.

CLOVER_17H_19H_MRbeta3_BS_CT_iCan.plist

monterey beta 3 at the moment does not update and fails even a clean installation, both with OC and with Clover, it is planted with IONVME, so in the next few days I will install monterey beta 1 on the NVME disk that worked very well, and I will update monterey beta 1 to beta 3 present on the SSD disk ... and let's see what happens

• Thanks 1

I translated these kernel patches for Clover, and I adapted them for my system based on the debug log; now start catalina, big sur 11.5 and monterey beta 1.

monterey beta 3 at the moment does not update and fails even a clean installation, both with OC and with Clover, it is planted with IONVME, so in the next few days I will install monterey beta 1 on the NVME disk that worked very well, and I will update monterey beta 1 to beta 3 present on the SSD disk ... and let's see what happens

Ok I’ll give these a try later today with a USB but for me, OC is booting Monterey B3 just fine and in fact it boots faster than big sur. My only issue is Intel Ethernet not working.

Unfortunately for me these did not boot BS or Monterey.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Unfortunately for me these did not boot BS or Monterey.

you should see in the debug log if there are any borked kerneltopatch and repair those

• Like 2

@MifJpn when you convert the patches, then add them to the Clover plist sample and check them with the validator, in this way you will have a good help to see if there have been any forgetfulness or errors... when working with so many entries with a plist editor, forgetting something is a moment ;) 

thank you for your contribution :thanks_speechbubble:

generally I do not follow many forums, and at the moment I am also for a short time in front of the PC, so if there are news on oc patch kernl if someone attaches them here as done by SavageAUS, the thing is very welcome

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to MarioSun of MacOS86.it

https://www.macos86.it/topic/3307-trx40-bare-metal-vanilla-patches-yes-it-worksbutis-proxmox-better/page/103/?tab=comments#comment-116474These patches converted for clover and related Quirk, TrX40, Ryzen 1,2,3 gen

Catalina/bigsur/ Monterey beta 1 2 3

Thanks Algrey - Fabiosun - Amd-OSX 

a little to me too😁

Schermata 2021-07-22 alle 21.59.07.pngSchermata 2021-07-22 alle 21.19.06.png

Patch+quirk.plist.zip

• Like 5

1 hour ago, carlo_67 said:

Patch+quirk.plist.zip 2.18 kB · 4 downloads

as it is in my AMD RIG does not start anything

325683774_Schermata2021-07-22alle23_23_04.thumb.png.5b629c2752c062b18298f4aed83d47ce.png

repairing the 4 patches with the method of @MifJpn then big sur and monterey beta 1 start; catalina does not start in any way

• Sad 2

https://www.macos86.it/topic/3307-trx40-bare-metal-vanilla-patches-yes-it-worksbutis-proxmox-better/page/103/?tab=comments#comment-116474These patches converted for clover and related Quirk, TrX40, Ryzen 1,2,3 gen
a little to me too

231126283_Schermata2021-07-22alle21_59_07.thumb.png.7a2581a3112ef9eccaf0a8f641317173.png1735825259_Schermata2021-07-22alle21_19_06.thumb.png.9e2cd2734de3a41b5933a772d6e7d93d.png
Patch+quirk.plist.zip

I will give this a try later.
What is your hardware?
I know Fabiosun has threadripper.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, carlo_67 said:

a little to me too😁

Schermata 2021-07-22 alle 21.59.07.pngSchermata 2021-07-22 alle 21.19.06.png

Patch+quirk.plist.zip 2.18 kB · 6 downloads

Using Fabiosun's kernel patches and my original Quirks my Ryzen 1700X can boot Monterey beta3 by Clover 5138 now.

Both config.plist for Clover 5138 and OpenCore 0.7.1 are attached here for your reference !

By the way Clover can show correct Ryzen 1700X CPU name, but OpenCore showed Xeon W instead.

config-working-Ryzen-5138.plist

config-OC-working-Monterey-beta3.plist

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 9.21.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 9.36.04 PM.png

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

a little to me too

231126283_Schermata2021-07-22alle21_59_07.thumb.png.7a2581a3112ef9eccaf0a8f641317173.png1735825259_Schermata2021-07-22alle21_19_06.thumb.png.9e2cd2734de3a41b5933a772d6e7d93d.png
Patch+quirk.plist.zip

I am in the same boat as@iCanaro new patches with or without quirks do not boot Big Sur 11.5 or Monterey B3

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, iCanaro said:

as it is in my AMD RIG does not start anything

325683774_Schermata2021-07-22alle23_23_04.thumb.png.5b629c2752c062b18298f4aed83d47ce.png

repairing the 4 patches with the method of @MifJpn then big sur and monterey beta 1 start; catalina does not start in any way

I see the logs well, but at least you should be able to read, I do, needless to say they don't go, especially if you don't put the values of your CPU, why did you leave mine?

9 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I will give this a try later.
What is your hardware?
I know Fabiosun has threadripper.

mine and signature, and in any case ryzen9 5950x are also tested, and as you see also Fx of jsl2000 and anyway we are not jealous, we could help you too

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I am in the same boat as@iCanaro new patches with or without quirks do not boot Big Sur 11.5 or Monterey B3

behold, then watch out for the boats to sink😂

mine and signature, and in any case ryzen9 5950x are also tested, and as you see also Fx of jsl2000 and anyway we are not jealous, we could help you too

I really want to use clover on my AMD machine but it is seeming like it won’t happen. Many great minds have tried but I can post my working OC config file tomorrow for analysis.

10 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

if you want to attach the debug log I see if you have borked patches and in case you integrate the patches

4 hours ago, carlo_67 said:

I see the logs well, but at least you should be able to read, I do, needless to say they don't go, especially if you don't put the values of your CPU, why did you leave mine?

how nice... cpu setting of that patch is absolutely irrelevant on whether or not it starts the system, in fact even if incorrect for my cpu, once you have made the changes on the 4 patch borked, then big sur and monterey have started

how nice... cpu setting of that patch is absolutely irrelevant on whether or not it starts the system, in fact even if incorrect for my cpu, once you have made the changes on the 4 patch borked, then big sur and monterey have started

I will try get log tomorrow. Just boot log?
Can you refresh my memory on what I need to do to provide logs?

19 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I will try get log tomorrow. Just boot log?
Can you refresh my memory on what I need to do to provide logs?

Schermata 2021-07-24 alle 12.43.23.png

the debug log you find it in the misc folder, use the kerneltopatch put by carlo67 and then attach the log of the boot attempt that you see

quirk DisableLinkeditJettison --> yes

• Like 2

On 7/23/2021 at 11:42 AM, carlo_67 said:

now explain to me why there are no borked in my logs,

and don't talk to me about different cpu, because it's a lot of bullshit, you are using patches with # in front of count and procedures, but please me. I no longer use Clover, but I have tested it anyway, and these are the thanks

Schermata 2021-07-24 alle 13.17.43.png

Schermata 2021-07-24 alle 13.19.58.png

• Like 2

but stay serene and make a chamomile, if it works for you, we are all happy and we have a party
I don't have to explain anything, maybe ask the developers of Clover since the same kernelpatch have different behaviors based on the hack you use.
Slice said that several in kerneltopatch should not be left blank (as opposed to OC) 

so when you and others goes everything works as it should, well OK, when I find them borked, I think I understand thanks to mifjpl how to solve and make them work

• Like 2