Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Hi @all

Clover make me crazy with my Z390 (Monterey). I can't boot from USB: 

[EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] 
					_

Thanks to @iCanaro for his help. I test several combination for the config.plist without success, change SSDT nothing always the same result. 😢 I've no problem with my Ivybridge config (Catalina).

Another strange thing: debug.log keeps always the same date/hours ! I make a new test this afternoon: the file shows up yesteraday date and hour

On the other hand, the Opencore usb stick works very well. Still I don't wanna let Clover down.

Let me know if someone has some problem with Z390 motherboard. Please.

2021-07-28_16-25_BOOTX64.EFI.log

Hi to all!

I have a doubt about the NVRam using Clover. I did some tests to proof if it working like this (Dortania's tip):

sudo -s
nvram -c
nvram myvar=test
exit

Reboot and see if the value is still there:

nvram -p | grep -i myvar

Everything is ok, but...if I change the brightness to 50% or 70% (at my Laptop), and reboot it, the value back to 100%.

AFAIK the NVRam stores and keeps such values, right?

So, how can I fix it?

EDIT: I've already tried use the SSDT-PMC.aml, no go...👎

Thanks

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

First I’ll just say thank you to all who tried to help me with my AMD rig from here but I finally managed to get it working with the help of @fabiosun as seen here https://www.macos86.it/topic/4913-amd-clover-bootloader-monterey-beta-1-234-installation-patches/?do=findComment&comment=117182

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Any info on this

Please enter your choice: 4
[XCODE]
- Building ccpv...
** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	Ld /Users/harold/src/CloverBootloader/Xcode/CloverConfigPlistValidator/build/CloverConfigPlistValidator normal x86_64
(1 failure)
mv: rename /Users/harold/src/CloverBootloader/Xcode/CloverConfigPlistValidator/build/CloverConfigPlistValidator to /Users/harold/src/CloverBootloader/CloverPackage/CloverConfigPlistValidator/ccpv: No such file or directory
[BUILD PKG]
[CHECK XCODE]

% Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 9127k  100 9127k    0     0  1024k      0  0:00:08  0:00:08 --:--:-- 1569k
- Creating new RAM disk

Initialized /dev/rdisk3 as a 300 MB case-insensitive HFS Plus volume
-  gettext-0.20.1 extract...
-  gettext-0.20.1 configure...
-  gettext-0.20.1 make...
-  gettext-0.20.1 installing...
-  gettext-0.20.1 installed in /Users/harold/src/CloverBootloader/toolchain

- Ejecting RAM disk
"disk3" unmounted.
"disk3" ejected.

========= Translating Resources ========
/Users/harold/src/CloverBootloader/toolchain
Updating 'en' strings file for CloverUpdater... done
Updating 'en' strings file for Clover Preference Panel... done
Updating strings file for Clover Preference Panel... done
 (211 entries)
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/es.lproj/Localizable.strings (99 of 135 strings; only 73.33% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/hr.lproj/Localizable.strings (99 of 135 strings; only 73.33% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/ja.lproj/Localizable.strings (99 of 135 strings; only 73.33% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/lv.lproj/Localizable.strings (99 of 135 strings; only 73.33% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/pl.lproj/Localizable.strings (99 of 135 strings; only 73.33% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/pt-BR.lproj/Localizable.strings (99 of 135 strings; only 73.33% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/tr.lproj/Localizable.strings (99 of 135 strings; only 73.33% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/uk.lproj/Localizable.strings (99 of 135 strings; only 73.33% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/uk_UA.lproj/Localizable.strings (99 of 135 strings; only 73.33% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/vi.lproj/Localizable.strings (99 of 135 strings; only 73.33% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/zh_TW.lproj/Localizable.strings (99 of 135 strings; only 73.33% translated; need 74%).
Generating de interface... done
Generating es interface... done
Generating fr interface... done
Generating hr interface... done
Generating id interface... done
Generating it interface... done
Generating ja interface... done
Generating ko interface... done
Generating lv interface... done
Generating nl interface... done
Generating pl interface... done
Generating pt-BR interface... done
Generating pt interface... done
Generating ro interface... done
Generating ru interface... done
Generating tr interface... done
Generating uk interface... done
Generating uk_UA interface... done
Generating vi interface... done
Generating zh_CN interface... done
Generating zh_TW interface... done
Building CloverUpdater application...
** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	Ld /Users/harold/src/CloverBootloader/CloverPackage/CloverUpdater/build/CloverUpdater.app/Contents/MacOS/CloverUpdater normal x86_64
(1 failure)
make[1]: *** [CloverUpdater] Error 65
make: *** [pkg] Error 2
Harold-iMac:~ harold$ 

Edited by LockDown
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, LockDown said:

Any info on this

No issue here: using as usual, menu option 2, 1 and 4.

Please enter your choice: 4
[XCODE]
- Building ccpv...
[BUILD PKG]
[CHECK XCODE]

========= Translating Resources ========
/Users/mathieu/src/opt/local/bin
Updating 'en' strings file for Clover Preference Panel... done
Updating strings file for Clover Preference Panel... done
 (211 entries)

In your screenshot: the script install gettext-0.20.1 (normally already installed) before make PKG !

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

No issue here: using as usual, menu option 2, 1 and 4.

I did 1 and 4 because this a fresh src.

UPDATE:

Disregard. my Xcode is linking the to the old one (10.1) instead of 12.4 for whatever reason as I have High Sierra and Big Sur.

Edited by LockDown
  • Like 1

Hi everyone.

Long time no see...

Do anyone ever had a mouse problem after wakeup ? Problem happens for USB mouse as well as for my PS2 trackpad. I removed the kext for PS2, to be sure.

Since few days (and no change in config whatsoever), after wakeup the main click doesn't work. Today, I also had the mouse coming back to a fixed point every few seconds.

If no sleep, no problem, so it seems not a hardware issue.

Ring a bell to someone ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Hi everyone.

Long time no see...

Do anyone ever had a mouse problem after wakeup ? Problem happens for USB mouse as well as for my PS2 trackpad. I removed the kext for PS2, to be sure.

Since few days (and no change in config whatsoever), after wakeup the main click doesn't work. Today, I also had the mouse coming back to a fixed point every few seconds.

If no sleep, no problem, so it seems not a hardware issue.

Ring a bell to someone ?

Little update : the problem just happened again and there was no sleep/wake. This time, the mouse stay at the same position, but the main click doesn't work.
With the keyboard, I went into mouse preference and change the main button so I can use the computer without rebooting.

Does anyone ever got a mouse button that stopped working until the next reboot ??

Once upon a time I had noname beauty looked mouse which worked in macOS with several glitches. It also didn't work at Clover GUI. Tracing the MouseDxe I saw that it is using some strange protocol with UINT16 flow. Somehow Windows can work with this mouse.

The solution is to change this mouse to standard Logitech.

Little update : the problem just happened again and there was no sleep/wake. This time, the mouse stay at the same position, but the main click doesn't work.
With the keyboard, I went into mouse preference and change the main button so I can use the computer without rebooting.

Does anyone ever got a mouse button that stopped working until the next reboot ??

Can’t say I’ve had that happen to me.

Anyone know why the install would go fine but after first login then reboot I am greeted with this?
Monterey beta 4 and Clover boot loader on my laptop.
b6923690c71b20223a1577afbb0f360d.jpg
I am reinstalling Big Sur now to see if it’s a Monterey specific problem.

• Like 1

So big sur works just fine. But when I boot into Big Sur it asks for a password for my Monterey disk. Which makes me wonder about file vault? Did I accidentally enable file vault? Could that be what’s causing the boot stop on Monterey?
4fc866f182ffec495ce35fac39ff812e.jpg

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

So big sur works just fine. But when I boot into Big Sur it asks for a password for my Monterey disk. Which makes me wonder about file vault? Did I accidentally enable file vault? Could that be what’s causing the boot stop on Monterey?
4fc866f182ffec495ce35fac39ff812e.jpg

Yes, it is definitely FileVault2. 

Yes, it is definitely FileVault2. 

Thanks, I’ll do a fresh install today and see what happens. I swear during the fresh install of Beta 4 I saw no filevault options.
Forgot to customise one set of options, all good now.

@SavageAUS 

I have FV enabled since Catalina. 

If you want to use that, you need AppleKeyFeeder.efi and AppleUiSupport.efi. They can be downloaded from my repo: https://github.com/kushwavez/lenovo-x1c6-clover-efi/tree/main/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI

The ones inside drivers/UEFI/off/FileVault2 doesn't work.

The AppleKeyFeeder.efi I use is from a post made by @Jief_Machak quite a while ago, the AppleUiSupport.efi is from a deprecated AppleSupportPkg.

Edited by kushwavez

6 hours ago, kushwavez said:

@SavageAUS 

I have FV enabled since Catalina. 

If you want to use that, you need AppleKeyFeeder.efi and AppleUiSupport.efi. They can be downloaded from my repo: https://github.com/kushwavez/lenovo-x1c6-clover-efi/tree/main/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI

The ones inside drivers/UEFI/off/FileVault2 doesn't work.

The AppleKeyFeeder.efi I use is from a post made by @Jief_Machak quite a while ago, the AppleUiSupport.efi is from a deprecated AppleSupportPkg.

Isn't AppleKeyFeeder.efi  part of the Clover build, now ?

I have a question for you, if you use AppleKeyFeeder.efi . I have 2 user on my computer, so I have 2 icons at the filevault preboot screen. To go to the left icon, I have to press the right key. Does it do the same for you ?

39 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Isn't AppleKeyFeeder.efi  part of the Clover build, now ?

Yes it is and it was, but back in November it didn't work and gave me a red error msg thus PS/2 keyboard didn't work: 

But I retested now with the AppleKeyFeeder.efi which came with the Clover.zip, and now it's okay, so it is fixed, nevermind that then, sorry.

39 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

I have a question for you, if you use AppleKeyFeeder.efi . I have 2 user on my computer, so I have 2 icons at the filevault preboot screen. To go to the left icon, I have to press the right key. Does it do the same for you ?

Yes indeed, it is the same for me too. Up & Down keys also working for selecting tho.

Edited by kushwavez

1 minute ago, kushwavez said:

40 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Yes indeed, it is the same for me too. Up & Down keys also working tho.

Yes, they are working, but swapped.

I mean, for me, right arrow key goes left and left arrow goes right. Is it the same for you ?

Since update to Monerey beta 5 noticed AirportItlwm is not loading from sub-dir "12" under kexts in clover 5138.

Putting AirportItlwm in "Other"  and deleting the "12" sub-dir, rebooting and AirpoortItlwm loads and functions.

Any ideas?

Anyone else having Monterey beta 5 kext load failures from the "12" sub-dir under kexts when booting with clover?

Does the "12" directory need to be renamed?

Was no issue with Monterey beta 4 injecting from "12" sub-dir.

• Sad 2