Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

In the Clover documentation it says: 

"You can add your other properties, for example model, in the following array of dictionaries

Deprecated! Use Properties!

<key> AddProperties </key>
<array>
<dict>
<key> Device </key>
<string> NVidia </string>
<key> Key </key>
<string> AAPL, HasPanel </string>
<key> Value </key>
<data> AQAAAA == </data>
</dict>
</array>

Value can be <data> or a hexadecimal string. You can't just string. That is, instead of <string>

ABC .... you should write <string> 0x414243 ....

Convert via PlistEditor or Xcode.

The first Device key determines which device this property will be added to. Device List:

ATI

Nvidia

IntelGFX

LAN

WIFI

Firewire

SATA

IDE

HDA

HDMI

LPC

SmBUS

USB

Names should be exactly like that, letter by letter. I think no explanation is needed here.

Thus, different properties can be injected for analog audio Device = HDA, and for digital audio

Device = HDMI. To distinguish Clover will, alas, not be very correct, according to the vendor. If

Intel, then HDA, if ATI or Nvidia, then HDMI. For example, Hazvel has Intel HDMI sound."

• Thanks 1

Guest 5T33Z0

In r5138 I've noticed that selected OS won't boot sometimes and all you get is a black screen. After a reset (ALT+CTRL+DEL) it works again. This happesns like every 2nd or 3rd time. I have no idea, why. Also, hiding Volumes doesn't work if they have "Windows" in the name.

Edited by 5T33Z0

15 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

In r5138 I've noticed that selected OS won't boot sometimes and all you get is a black screen. After a reset (ALT+CTRL+DEL) it works again. This happesns like ever 2nd or 3rd time. I have no idea, why. Also, hiding Volumes doesn't work if they have "Windows" in the name.

Hide volume windows you need the UID of the volume from BootLog

752217688_ScreenShot2021-08-26at8_51_05PM.png.2e986df98ea2b7ed5a195db9125420ae.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

how can i fix these two errors? 

Thanks

Warning: Expect a boolean, an int8 or a string starting with 'n' or '-' for '/Boot/XMPDetection:133'.

Warning: Boolean value contained in a string. Please use <true/> instead of <string>yes</string> for tag '/SystemParameters/InjectKexts:372'

1 hour ago, Smokefingers said:

how can i fix these two errors? 

Thanks

Warning: Expect a boolean, an int8 or a string starting with 'n' or '-' for '/Boot/XMPDetection:133'.

Warning: Boolean value contained in a string. Please use <true/> instead of <string>yes</string> for tag '/SystemParameters/InjectKexts:372'

You have to edit your config.plist and follow the recommendation:

1. See Boot -> XMPDetection and set value as said above. For example <false/>

2. See SystemParameters -> InjectKext and set value to <true/> as only reasonable value.

24 minutes ago, kushwavez said:

you need a correct EC patch

Download the corresponding SSDT-EC.aml for your system, put it in CLOVER/ACPI/patched

https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/ssdt-methods/ssdt-prebuilt.html#intel-desktop-ssdts

Since I have a Haswell (Intel HD4600), do I need the 4 or just SSDT-EC-LAPTOP ? Thanks

Edited by abdouoi

1 hour ago, abdouoi said:

Hello! I need help please. I am currently running Catalina (10.15.7) and I am trying to install Big Sur. I have issues when running the install of Big Sur.

IMG_0067.HEIC 3.02 MB · 1 download

EFI.zip 44.08 MB · 1 download

Exclude OsxAptioFix... New way is to use OpenRuntime.efi which you already have.

I also see a lot's of SSDT/DSDT errors in your picture (AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, AE_NOT_FOUND), you may need to recreate the SSDT or DSDT and fix these errors. 

Also try to exclude them and see what happens (except SSDT-EC)

43 minutes ago, kushwavez said:

I also see a lot's of SSDT/DSDT errors in your picture (AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, AE_NOT_FOUND), you may need to recreate the SSDT or DSDT and fix these errors. 

Also try to exclude them and see what happens (except SSDT-EC)

I never had these errors on Catalina and before and I am using the same Clover to boot. I don’t know what’s the meaning of these errors

6 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@5T33Z0 The CloverConfigPlistValidator is included in each CloverPackage. So in the r5139 package too.

My primary bootloader is OpenCore, so I don't use the .pkg. I use the .zip and update the Clover EFI manually. It has been for this for a year or so. The config validator is not included in the .zip file nor in the Assets of the current release. As of now, I just extracted the contents of the .pkg using the unpkg app. But imo it should be included in the zip as well as a utility.

On 9/5/2021 at 2:56 PM, 5T33Z0 said:

My primary bootloader is OpenCore, so I don't use the .pkg. I use the .zip and update the Clover EFI manually. It has been for this for a year or so. The config validator is not included in the .zip file nor in the Assets of the current release. As of now, I just extracted the contents of the .pkg using the unpkg app. But imo it should be included in the zip as well as a utility.

Sorry, I will upload ccpv in each Release.

• Like 4