Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,818 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2021 at 12:27 PM, Jief_Machak said:

I canceled the 0.6.5 integration in master branch and make it a branch.

That means you have to issue

- "git reset --hard b0aac62accc46de3297b2fa3b50e34f0d03460bd" in OpenCorePkg

- "git reset --hard 2e387406cdd3e9de08b2e1375af2750217458ace" in Clover folder

if you want to be able to fetch, pull ( @Slice and push).

Possible to re-clone instead.

Thanks. After git reset in OpencorePKG, I've this issue in my script:

Entering 'OpenCorePkg'
HEAD is now at 046e209c Merge pull request #8 from serdeliuk/master
2021-09-21T13:43:18CEST Building Clover, this may take a while..
2021-09-21T13:46:27CEST Build failed!

And this:

Spoiler

[CPP] main
/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/main.cpp:633:12: error: no matching function for call to 'OcStorageInitFromFs'
  Status = OcStorageInitFromFs(&mOpenCoreStorage, FileSystem, self.getCloverDirFullPath().wc_str(), NULL);
           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/OpenCorePkg/Include/Acidanthera/Library/OcStorageLib.h:118:1: note: candidate function not viable: requires 6 arguments, but 4 were provided
OcStorageInitFromFs (
^
/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/main.cpp:865:14: error: no matching function for call to 'OcStorageInitFromFs'
    Status = OcStorageInitFromFs(&mOpenCoreStorage, FileSystem, self.getCloverDirFullPath().wc_str(), NULL);
             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/OpenCorePkg/Include/Acidanthera/Library/OcStorageLib.h:118:1: note: candidate function not viable: requires 6 arguments, but 4 were provided
OcStorageInitFromFs (
^
2 errors generated.
make: *** [/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/refit/main.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
    make tbuild [/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
    /Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf [X64, XCODE8, RELEASE]

- Failed -

In CloverHackyColor/OpencorePKG

Capture d’écran 2021-09-21 à 14.00.31.png

Same problem after a fresh cloning of Clover:

HEAD is now at 2e387406c Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader

Edited by Matgen84
  • Sad 1

On 9/21/2021 at 2:47 PM, Matgen84 said:

Thanks. After git reset in OpencorePKG, I've this issue in my script:

Entering 'OpenCorePkg'
2021-09-21T13:43:18CEST Building Clover, this may take a while..
2021-09-21T13:46:27CEST Build failed!

And this:

Hide contents

[CPP] main
/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/main.cpp:633:12: error: no matching function for call to 'OcStorageInitFromFs'
           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OcStorageInitFromFs (
^
/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/main.cpp:865:14: error: no matching function for call to 'OcStorageInitFromFs'
             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OcStorageInitFromFs (
^
2 errors generated.
make: *** [/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/refit/main.obj] Error 1

build.py...
    make tbuild [/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit]

build.py...
    /Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf [X64, XCODE8, RELEASE]

- Failed -

In CloverHackyColor/OpencorePKG

Capture d’écran 2021-09-21 à 14.00.31.png

Same problem after a fresh cloning of Clover:

HEAD is now at 2e387406c Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader

Did you do "git reset --hard b0aac62accc46de3297b2fa3b50e34f0d03460bd" from inside OpenCorePkg folder ?

Head of OpenCorePkg must be b0aac62

On 9/21/2021 at 2:53 PM, Jief_Machak said:

Did you do "git reset --hard b0aac62accc46de3297b2fa3b50e34f0d03460bd" from inside OpenCorePkg folder ?

Head of OpenCorePkg must be b0aac62

Right. I git reset --hard from inside OpencorePKG. Even with a new git clone, the HEAD is not correct.

But take a look in CloverHackycolor/OpencorePkg repo, the serdeluik's commits are always present. So when I use Update option, with BuildMe. There is a wrong HEAD for OpencorePKG

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/OpenCorePkg

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

Guys as @Hervé has mentioned above please post your Monterey related problems in the related topic because these issues are not related to the clover and most likely they are related to your security setting in config.plist and other people are testing and posting their findings here:

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Guys as @Hervé has mentioned above please post your Monterey related problems in the related topic because these issues are not related to the clover and most likely they are related to your security setting in config.plist

You're right @Cyberdevs, you're right @Hervé But most comments on Monterey Thread, are posted by Opencore's users. So the solutions for one bootloader is not the same for other bootloader. Specially for SecureModel option, for example.

So if I’m using Clover and the update isn’t showing it’s a Monterey problem not a Clover problem? Laptop using MacBookPro16,4 and AMD desktop using iMacPro1,1 both using clover boot loader.
The fixes in Monterey thread are for OpenCore users not Clover, clover does not have securebootmodel etc… unless I’m wrong? If so please show me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hervé said:

:offtopic:

if the update isn't showing, in all likelihood it's because your settings are incorrect (SIP related possibly...). This has been extensively discussed in the past. I experienced no issue receiving the update offer on my Hackintosh laptop (MBP13,1 SMBIOS) booting with Clover r5133. Your issue of the offer not being offered is not related to a development being required in Clover. Let's not further confuse the matter by adding stuff related to the actual installation of beta7 which bears no relation to the update offering. Anyway, let's close this discussion here, it's a matter for the Monterey beta thread.

Thanks, you're right 🙂 Few month ago, in Clover general discussion thread, @Slice told to me to use: 0x285.

Concerning Beta 7, maybe Apple has changed a few things. Clover developers should take this into account. They therefore need a lift. "It needs to be improved to extend to FirmwareFeatures, FirmwareFeaturesMask" as suggested by @MifJpnAlphaPlus. It is well linked to Clover in order to improve it.

Have a nice day.

18 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks, you're right 🙂 Few month ago, in Clover general discussion thread, @Slice told to me to use: 0x285.

Concerning Beta 7, maybe Apple has changed a few things. Clover developers should take this into account. They therefore need a lift. "It needs to be improved to extend to FirmwareFeatures, FirmwareFeaturesMask" as suggested by @MifJpnAlphaPlus. It is well linked to Clover in order to improve it.

Have a nice day.

I know the problem and the solution. Wait please when I'll commit it.

• Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Slice said:

Thanks a lot 😊 Can you have a look to OpencorePKG submodule synchro, please. Clover can't be build with the correct HEAD for OpencorePKG. Even recloning.

The good one in CloverHackyColcor/Cloverbootloader: b0aac62

Spoiler

766718710_Capturedcran2021-09-2310_55_53.png.8032dc4ae4a91e681065555201636a8e.png

CloverHackycolor/OpencorePKG: commits stays in Master instead of 0.6.5 branch

Spoiler

2095098120_Capturedcran2021-09-2310_59_43.thumb.png.cedb476fd30d1a1abbf40cc181c853f9.png

Waiting patiently, I do not wish to switch to OpenCore just to update. I have downloaded the full installer while I wait for clover solution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slice said:

Clover shows this in its GUI.

You mean in the Boot Menu? If so, I didn't know this.

40 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Waiting patiently, I do not wish to switch to OpenCore just to update. I have downloaded the full installer while I wait for clover solution.

The full installer is broken. After "compiling" the Installer app, the whole "Shared Content" Folder is missing and the thing is 34 MB in size. I'd wait a little longer

29 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Here is my first version with an update of the OpenCore component to 0.7.3.

Could you try ?CloverX64-2021-09-23-15-42-13-d8755c9-jief.zip

From USB key and HDD: stuck at "Automatic Boot in 0 seconds"

Note: when you have few minutes, please remove serdeluik's commits from master branch in CloverHackyColor/OpencorePKG. Thanks.

2021-09-23_13-08_CloverX64-2021-09-23-15-42-13-d8755c9-jief.efi.log

32 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Forgot to say, if it seems to work, this will become the new master branch.

This new Clover.efi need Openruntime r12. I git clone 0.73 branch, compile clover and openruntime. Otherwise the tests are false. See my previous post, please.

CAN'T BUILD with XCODE8 or GCC53  (Buildme)

build.py...
/Users/mathieu/src/cloverbootloader/Clover.dsc(294): error 000E: File/directory not found in workspace
	/Users/mathieu/src/cloverbootloader/OpenCorePkg/Platform/OpenCore/OpenCoreLib.inf

Edited by Matgen84

@Jief_Machak

I try another method to build 0.7.3 branch (Clover/OpencorePkg) : no success 

[DLINK] AppleKeyAggregator
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcMainLib/OpenCoreMisc.c: In function 'OcMiscEarlyInit':
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcMainLib/OpenCoreMisc.c:448:29: error: unused variable 'ConfigDataSize' [-Werror=unused-variable]
  448 |   UINT32                    ConfigDataSize;
      |                             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcMainLib/OpenCoreMisc.c:447:30: error: unused variable 'ConfigData' [-Werror=unused-variable]
  447 |   CHAR8                     *ConfigData;
      |                              ^~~~~~~~~~
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcMainLib/OpenCoreMisc.c:446:29: error: unused variable 'Status' [-Werror=unused-variable]
  446 |   EFI_STATUS                Status;
      |                             ^~~~~~
[SLINK] OcCpuLib
[CC] MemMap
Building ... /Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Universal/Metronome/Metronome.inf [X64]
[CC] file
[CC] BootEntryManagement
[CC] AutoGen
[SLINK] UefiBootManagerLib
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcMainLib/OpenCoreMisc.c: At top level:
cc1: note: unrecognized command-line option '-Wno-incompatible-ms-struct' may have been intended to silence earlier diagnostics
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make: *** [/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/X64/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcMainLib/OcMainLibClover/OUTPUT/OpenCoreMisc.obj] Error 1

build.py...
	make tbuild [/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/X64/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcMainLib/OcMainLibClover]

build.py...
	/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcMainLib/OcMainLibClover.inf [X64, GCC53, RELEASE]

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

From USB key and HDD: stuck at "Automatic Boot in 0 seconds"

Note: when you have few minutes, please remove serdeluik's commits from master branch in CloverHackyColor/OpencorePKG. Thanks.

2021-09-23_13-08_CloverX64-2021-09-23-15-42-13-d8755c9-jief.efi.log 35.98 kB · 1 download

Ah yes !

You have to update openruntime.efi

15 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@Jief_Machak

I try another method to build 0.7.3 branch (Clover/OpencorePkg) : no success 

[DLINK] AppleKeyAggregator
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcMainLib/OpenCoreMisc.c: In function 'OcMiscEarlyInit':
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcMainLib/OpenCoreMisc.c:448:29: error: unused variable 'ConfigDataSize' [-Werror=unused-variable]
  448 |   UINT32                    ConfigDataSize;
      |                             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcMainLib/OpenCoreMisc.c:447:30: error: unused variable 'ConfigData' [-Werror=unused-variable]
  447 |   CHAR8                     *ConfigData;
      |                              ^~~~~~~~~~
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcMainLib/OpenCoreMisc.c:446:29: error: unused variable 'Status' [-Werror=unused-variable]
  446 |   EFI_STATUS                Status;
      |                             ^~~~~~
[SLINK] OcCpuLib
[CC] MemMap
Building ... /Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Universal/Metronome/Metronome.inf [X64]
[CC] file
[CC] BootEntryManagement
[CC] AutoGen
[SLINK] UefiBootManagerLib
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcMainLib/OpenCoreMisc.c: At top level:
cc1: note: unrecognized command-line option '-Wno-incompatible-ms-struct' may have been intended to silence earlier diagnostics
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make: *** [/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/X64/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcMainLib/OcMainLibClover/OUTPUT/OpenCoreMisc.obj] Error 1

build.py...
	make tbuild [/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/X64/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcMainLib/OcMainLibClover]

build.py...
	/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcMainLib/OcMainLibClover.inf [X64, GCC53, RELEASE]

I must have a difference in my build options because these are warnings, not error, with my build script.

Committed.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

For those who won't compile, the runtime v12 OpenRuntime-v12.efi

You keep the name like this and rename your previous OpenRuntime-v11.efi.

Tomorrow, I'll post a modification so you can keep both in the driver folder. For tonight, only keep one.

Thanks.

I can't always build... 0.7.3Branch. No big deal for the moment

/Users/mathieu/src/cloverbootloader/Clover.dsc(294): error 000E: File/directory not found in workspace
	/Users/mathieu/src/cloverbootloader/OpenCorePkg/Platform/OpenCore/OpenCoreLib.inf

5 minutes ago, MifJpnAlphaPlus said:

...EXITBS:START...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

and STOP

2021-09-23_16-27_CloverX64-2021-09-23-15-42-13-d8755c9-jief.efi.log.zip 21.32 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you

@Jief_Machak

Same issue.

2021-09-23_16-36_CloverX64-2021-09-23-15-42-13-d8755c9-jief.efi.log