Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,872 posts in this topic

I'm not sure exactly what you mean about the cute little icon, but r2217 is quite broken regarding icon stuff.

So please retry with r2235 I just uploaded in my previous post (just replace CLOVERX64.efi with the attached file). If you also use BOOTX64.efi you can copy it over BOOTX64.efi also (contents of both files is the same).

vol_recovery.icns (metal theme) was associated with the recovery partition.  I can't find r2235 on SourceForge, r2217 is still up there.  I don't use source repository, I'll wait until newer clover is posted on SourceForge.  I rolled back to 2133 to enjoy icon again.

EDIT: I Misunderstood (sorry it's late here).  I reinstalled 2217 and upgraded to your posted r2235 CLOVERX64.EFI.  Cute little icon for recovery partition is back, but I didn't get my DSDT patched for HDEF and HDAU!  I must have missed something.

vol_recovery.icns (metal theme) was associated with the recovery partition.  I can't find r2235 on SourceForge, r2217 is still up there.  I don't use source repository, I'll wait until newer clover is posted on SourceForge.  I rolled back to 2133 to enjoy icon again.

Just mount the EFI partition, copy CLOVERX64.efi to EFI\Clover\ folder, rename to BOOTX64.efi and copy to EFI\BOOT\. You don't need to use full install again.

I'm having trouble with Clover slowing down after VM Swap Subsystem is On. Then it goes through some ethernet / networking stuff and then the screen goes black and restarts. 

I don't think Clover is pulling the right config file. How can I verify?

Any ideas?

Image 1 (zoomed in): http://i.imgur.com/Zid6DvG.png

Image 2: http://i.imgur.com/6YFA6aZ.png

My machine:

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH LGA 1155 Intel Z77 Thunderbolt Motherboard 
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) HD 4000 Graphics
 Asus GTX670 Top (GTX670-DC2T-2GD5)

The guide that I somewhat followed: 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288829-guide-gigabyte-z77x-ud5h-clover-uefi-installtweak-guide/

Thanks,

Alfa

I'm having trouble with Clover slowing down after VM Swap Subsystem is On. Then it goes through some ethernet / networking stuff and then the screen goes black and restarts. 

I don't think Clover is pulling the right config file. How can I verify?

Any ideas?

Image 1 (zoomed in): http://i.imgur.com/Zid6DvG.png

Image 2: http://i.imgur.com/6YFA6aZ.png

My machine:

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH LGA 1155 Intel Z77 Thunderbolt Motherboard 
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) HD 4000 Graphics
 Asus GTX670 Top (GTX670-DC2T-2GD5)

The guide that I somewhat followed: 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288829-guide-gigabyte-z77x-ud5h-clover-uefi-installtweak-guide/

Thanks,

Alfa

Try to drop MCFG

<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DropTables</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>MCFG</string>
			</dict>

This seems to have happened due to incorrect arch detection for kext injection.

I believe I corrected it with r2235 (attached). With this revision, it works properly here now for all cases I tested.

Thanks for your work Pene. Ill try this later when i get a chance!

Thanks for your work Pene. Ill try this later when i get a chance!

Hi Pene. I just replaced the CLOVERX64.efi with the one you provided but unfortunately still cannot boot 10.6.x in 64bit mode (only one i tried)

However, i did make a note of the error messages this time, which may have changed now. Im now only getting invalid magic number on VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

The kozlek fakesmc (including plugin kexts) try to load but say "failed to load library dependancies" so i assume the injection is still having problems and cant see the main extensions folder or something.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need any more information. Thanks

Try to drop MCFG

<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DropTables</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>MCFG</string>
			</dict>

I dropped it from the Clover boot menu and my machine booted up but it doesn't recognize my wifi card. I don't think my config file is being loaded when I boot. I have to manually enter my boot arguments every time. This is how I can get it to boot now: 

1. Boot to Clover menu
  2. Options
    1. Set Boot Args to "slide=0 -v" 
    2. Tables Dropping menu
      1. Enable "Drop MCFG"
      2. Disable "Drop all OEM SSDT"
    3. CPU Tuning menu
      1. Enable "Patch APIC"
  3. Exit options menu and select drive to boot from

Every time I boot with Clover I get the following error after signing in:

You shut down your computer because of a Problem

then it goes to the desktop and I get another popup saying: 

Your computer was restarted because of a problem

Any ideas what I can do to fix those errors and for Clover to pull from my config file? 

Here is my config file:

http://cl.ly/3U460Y2L3D3H

Thanks for the help,

Alfa

Its seems like database error,and no root admin available to fix this...?

I see that it is hosted off a server in Denmark, and maintained (or not maintained) by "Staff" members, around the world.

Some details here:

AS30736 EASYSPEEDY-AS EasySpeedy ApS (registered Dec 31, 2003)

Resolve Host:

projectosx.com

IP Address:

I won't post more details here but there are names and contact numbers available for those who search.

Pity as it contains an English language version of the history of Clover and a great deal of information, which should perhaps be migrated to a more reliable hosting system, as it has become very unreliable in recent months. This is likely down to those responsible for maintaining the data rather than the host.

They perhaps could take some advice on running a forum like him nobody likes to mention, as the downtime there is minimal.

Hi Pene. I just replaced the CLOVERX64.efi with the one you provided but unfortunately still cannot boot 10.6.x in 64bit mode (only one i tried)

However, i did make a note of the error messages this time, which may have changed now. Im now only getting invalid magic number on VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

The kozlek fakesmc (including plugin kexts) try to load but say "failed to load library dependancies" so i assume the injection is still having problems and cant see the main extensions folder or something.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need any more information. Thanks

Hi again.

I really can't think how "failed to load library dependencies" can be the result of anything that Clover does...

There indeed was an error before, which could cause all kexts to fail with "invalid magic number" in some cases (bad detection of architecture), and it happened here also, but that seems solved now with r2235.

I tried with kozlek's latest FakeSMC from https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors/releases - it works fine here with 10.6.8 64-bit, but it doesn't work with 32-bit.

A compatible 32-bit version would be the FakeSMC binary contained in Clover source (edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/ThirdParty/kexts/Other/FakeSMC.kext).

Anyway, you should put your FakeSMC in your 10.6 kexts dir under your Clover dir (/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.6/).

A few questions:

- Are you using 10.6.8? I understand kozlek FakeSMC can't work in early 10.6 releases (probably only 10.6.2+).

- Perhaps you somehow end up not booting with the x86_64 architecture? You can easily know this in verbose mode by one of the first lines which will be either:

"Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0 .... xnu_1504... RELEASE_I386" or "Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0 .... xnu_1504... RELEASE_X86_64", depending on the architecture you are currently booting.

- Are you totally sure that your kext if OK for 10.6? Perhaps you updated it or now use a version which is not properly compiled for 10.6 support?

Anyway, if you are using 10.6.8 and a good FakeSMC, I will really need a log to debug what happens for you, as I can't reproduce it anymore.

To create a log you need to set in your config.plist, under <Boot>, <key>Log</key> to </true>, and it will be created in your EFI/CLOVER/misc directory when you are booting.

Note that with log enabled, Clover will be very slow to boot, it can even take a few minutes, so you need to be patient.

If this is a problem for you, I can understand, but as I cannot reproduce the problem anymore on any of my systems, and as it works in all cases I test, for all architectures, I don't know what I can further check.

Edit: added more information about kozlek FakeSMC, a few more questions, and instructions for creating Log.

Just mount the EFI partition, copy CLOVERX64.efi to EFI\Clover\ folder, rename to BOOTX64.efi and copy to EFI\BOOT\. You don't need to use full install again.

Sorry for my error.  I forgot to do this step.

can you please post your boot.log with r2235? (and if you can, maybe also with r2217)

I don't get these logs in /Library/Logs/CloverEFI/ correct?  I used to, but not on my newest installation.  Anyway it isn't important as all works perfectly with the r2235 update.  I hate to bother you guys, should have known you already caught the icon loading issue with r2217.  I only have two more things to figure out how to get working, no sounds after sleep and HDMI audio, for a 100% Clover (no custom DSDT) implementation on my laptop.  I'll try for a few more weeks before bugging you guys.

Thanks

Lapic in Mavericks is a bit changed. Someone of clover dev can update the lapic patch with more new patch for mavericks from donovan?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290687-wip-hp-envy-17t-j000-quad-on-mlmavericks/page-4?do=findComment&comment=1951984

Thanks

I may commit new lapic patch if someone give me sources for this.

• Like 1

I have noob question.

I have been playing with clover for about an year but still can't figure it out.

My question is, if your system is working fine with Chameleon, should the system work same when booted with Clover?

I ask this because I can boot, use, sleep/wake fine with Chameleon (have DSDT/SSDT) w/o problem. When I boot with Clover, it boots, I can use it but when I put the system to sleep, goes to sleep, fan turns off, but doesn't wake up. Only the fan turns and nothing else is working.

I have legacy system (not UEFI).

I don't get these logs in /Library/Logs/CloverEFI/ correct?  I used to, but not on my newest installation.  Anyway it isn't important as all works perfectly with the r2235 update.  I hate to bother you guys, should have known you already caught the icon loading issue with r2217.  I only have two more things to figure out how to get working, no sounds after sleep and HDMI audio, for a 100% Clover (no custom DSDT) implementation on my laptop.  I'll try for a few more weeks before bugging you guys.

Thanks

Hi smeisner777,

You can always create a log by running from terminal:

bdmesg > ~/Desktop/boot.log

This will put it on the desktop.

Also, I don't understand exactly what you mean: You say that the HDEF/HDAU worked with previous Clover and doesn't work now? Or it also didn't work for you before.

Sorry, but mach_kernel 10.9GM doesn't contain such pattern "65 8B 04 25 14 00 00 00"

Yes, the blog post is about old version which did not support GM.

donovan6000 added support for GM with v0.7.

Result of his v0.7 on mach_kernel 10.9 GM is quite different from what was posted on blog:

diff mach_kernel.hex.bak mach_kernel.hex 
57617,57618c57617
                                        xx xx xx xx xx
< 00e22a0 3d 53 ff 42 00 44 89 f6 30 c0 e8 f1 0b f4 ff 65
---
> 00e22a0 3d 53 ff 42 00 44 89 f6 30 c0 eb 03 44 36 4b 65

We can probably contact donovan6000 if you think we should ask for more information. He wanted to help Clover with earlier lapic.

• Like 1

Figured out how it finds the right config file. Launch Console then expand /Library/Logs then expand Clover and open boot.log
Look through the first few lines to find:

0:100  0:000  Clover revision: 2217  running on To be filled by O.E.M.
0:100  0:000  ... with board Z77X-UP5 TH-CF or something similar. 

Now that I got my config file loaded I'll continue to debug. SpeedStep is working :D