Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,869 posts in this topic

ok guys now I really fix this issue to mount the EFI drive in the esp  B)

first time the drive EFI not mounted, and I try to change my theme and not work,so now 

have possibility to mont EFI /esp ML or Mavericks,  this thing is very cool   :D

clover13.jpg

• Like 1

Next question, it is  possible to boot with the shiny apple, not the apple original  to   ! My  OS X  boot in 3sec so I dont have probleme :D

Not need verbose mode for me I whant my blue 3d Apple like this one 

:lol:  :P

boot10.png

Next question, it is  possible to boot with the shiny apple, not the apple original  to   ! My  OS X  boot in 3sec so I dont have probleme :D

Not need verbose mode for me I whant my blue 3d Apple like this one 

:lol:  :P

boot10.png

I think you should find in the kernel these bytes:

xnu-XXXX/pexpert/pexpert/AppleBoot.h 
/*
 *  appleboot.h - Apple logo shown durring boot
 *  Copyright (c) 2002 Apple Computer, Inc.
 *  DRI: Josh de Cesare
 */

#define kAppleBootWidth		(128)
#define kAppleBootHeight	(128)
#define kAppleBootOffset	(0)
#define kAppleBootFrames	(1)
#define kAppleBootFPS		(0)

const unsigned char gAppleBootPict[] = {
	0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,
  • Like 1

If I use "WithKexts" or "-v" in the boot-args in the config.plist, it simply doesn't work. Just ignores it. I'm with Clover 2236, any idea what this could be?

You missed information that for Clover-2k the config.plist was changed

<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Timeout</key>
		<integer>5</integer>
		<key>Arguments</key>
		<string>-v arch=i386 slide=0</string>
		<key>DefaultVolume</key>
		<string>MacHDD</string>
		<key>Log</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Fast</key>
		<false/>
		<key>XMPDetection</key>
		<string>-1</string>
		<key>Legacy</key>
		<string>PBR</string>
	</dict>
	<key>SystemParameters</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CustomUUID</key>
		<string>511CE200-1000-4000-9999-010203040506</string>
		<key>InjectSystemID</key>
		<false/>
		<key>BacklightLevel</key>
		<string>0x0501</string>
		<key>InjectKexts</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>

Anyone know how to hide Recovery HD from Clover GUI? I guess HideEntries is obsolete.

Recently, Recovery HD uses the same icon as its primary OS. I don't really like it.

Some of what HideEntries does you are now able to do with Custom Entries. I think still has its uses though.

If you dont want to use HideEntries you can use this in GUI / Custom / Entries:

<dict>
	<key>Type</key>
	<string>OSXRecovery</string>
	<key>Hidden</key>
	<true/>
</dict>
You could also change the icon here too. Using Image/ImageData and/or DriveImage/DriveImageData.

Different themes have different looking icons. Both standard OSX and Recovery will use the icon for the version of OSX they are (os_lion.icns, os_cougar.icns, os_mav.icns etc) but have different Drive icons (vol_internal_hfs.icns and vol_recovery.icns respectively) however they will fall back to using the same icon (vol_internal.icns) if the theme does not have a separate file for them to use.

• Like 1

Some of what HideEntries does you are now able to do with Custom Entries. I think still has its uses though.

<dict>
	<key>Type</key>
	<key>Hidden</key>
	<true/>
</dict>
You could also change the icon here too. Using Image/ImageData and/or DriveImage/DriveImageData.

Different themes have different looking icons. Both standard OSX and Recovery will use the icon for the version of OSX they are (os_lion.icns, os_cougar.icns, os_mav.icns etc) but have different Drive icons (vol_internal_hfs.icns and vol_recovery.icns respectively) however they will fall back to using the same icon (vol_internal.icns) if the theme does not have a separate file for them to use.

Also make sure you are using the latest Clover as r2217 had this (broken) behavior and r2236 fixed it again.

<dict>
	<key>Type</key>
	<key>Hidden</key>
	<true/>
</dict>

Also make sure you are using the latest Clover as r2217 had this (broken) behavior and r2236 fixed it again.

I'm on r2236. Unfortunately HideEntries doesn't seem to work here as my concern is to hide recovery hd and internal uefi partitions.

<key>HideEntries</key>
		<dict>
			<key>OSXInstall</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Recovery</key>
			<true/>
			<key>WindowsEFI</key>
			<false/>
			<key>InternalUEFI</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>Scan</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Tool</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Legacy</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>

It's outdated or mistyped? So I have to use Scan/Legacy=false at the moment to hide internal UEFI. Now going to try Custom Entries format.

BTW regarding icons in a theme, my theme has swapped badges (between drive and OS). I just can't stand when same big icons sit in a row.

Thanks

I'm on r2236. Unfortunately HideEntries doesn't seem to work here as my concern is to hide recovery hd and internal uefi partitions.

<key>HideEntries</key>
		<dict>
			<key>OSXInstall</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Recovery</key>
			<true/>
			<key>WindowsEFI</key>
			<false/>
			<key>InternalUEFI</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>Scan</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Tool</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Legacy</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>

It's outdated or mistyped? So I have to use Scan/Legacy=false at the moment to hide internal UEFI. Now going to try Custom Entries format.

BTW regarding icons in a theme, my theme has swapped badges (between drive and OS). I just can't stand when same big icons sit in a row.

Thanks

Oh sorry. Yes HideEntries has been replaced by custom entries. I thought you were referring to GUI / Hide where you can hide volumes using the VolumeName/DevicePath.

Swapped badges, meaning drive icons are bigger than OS icons? If so you may need to make/find a vol_recovery.icns to use for Recovery.

<key>HideEntries</key>
		<dict>
			<key>OSXInstall</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Recovery</key>
			<true/>
			<key>WindowsEFI</key>
			<false/>
			<key>InternalUEFI</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>Scan</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Tool</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Legacy</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>

Thanks

It's outdated in Clover-2k

<key>Hide</key>
		<array>
			<string>Windows</string>
			<string>\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI</string>
			<string>D68F1885-571C-4441-8DD5-F14803EFEF54</string>
		</array>

• Like 1

i am really struggling here to get an installer to boot for Z87 Deluxe... try various options and all i can get is this message...

post-356045-0-00498200-1382121145_thumb.jpeg

with csm on i get that...

with csm off i get a graphics card not supported... then f2 to continue then get the above message....

i am really struggling here to get an installer to boot for Z87 Deluxe... try various options and all i can get is this message...

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

with csm on i get that...

with csm off i get a graphics card not supported... then f2 to continue then get the above message....

Have you turned off Windows 8 secure boot in the BIOS?

Have you turned off Windows 8 secure boot in the BIOS?

i cant find that anywhere in there....

edit just found it... OS type - changed it from 'windows uefi mode' to 'Other OS'

it boots clover but i cannot boot a clean install on one hd of 10.8.5 

post-356045-0-47354400-1382124826_thumb.jpeg

and as far as i know i have an installer on the USB but it doesn't seem to boot all... this is so frustrating...

t boots clover but i cannot boot a clean install on one hd of 10.8.5 

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

and as far as i know i have an installer on the USB but it doesn't seem to boot all... this is so frustrating...

That is a DSDT problem

Clover has on-the-fly DSDT patching.

Go into "options" menu then select the "DSDT Mask" menu. Uncheck everything.

That is a DSDT problem

Clover has on-the-fly DSDT patching.

Go into "options" menu then select the "DSDT Mask" menu. Uncheck everything.

thanks...

after clearing options both my test and SSD booted... 

neither booted with any of the options selected at all in DSDT...

slow boot for the SSD... normal for HDD...

Neither hard drive had - sound, ethernet, Wifi or bluetooth... both drives have the correct kexts needed in SLE for that to work as far as i was aware from other users who have this working...

t boots clover but i cannot boot a clean install on one hd of 10.8.5 

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

did you try the efi folder  I send to you ?