Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,869 posts in this topic

@Slice That sounds right, that's why you've got to make sure it's the one with the same sequence exactly 0x24 bytes ahead of it. Gsly's code in the kernel_patcher.c can easily be changed to incoporate merverick's lapic patch. Here's what he did for the 64 bit mountain lion patch:

if (bytes[i+0] == 0x65 && bytes[i+1] == 0x8B && bytes[i+2] == 0x04 && bytes[i+3] == 0x25 &&
bytes[i+4] == 0x14 && bytes[i+5] == 0x00 && bytes[i+6] == 0x00 && bytes[i+7] == 0x00 &&
bytes[i+35] == 0x65 && bytes[i+36] == 0x8B && bytes[i+37] == 0x04 && bytes[i+38] == 0x25 &&
bytes[i+39] == 0x14 && bytes[i+40] == 0x00 && bytes[i+41] == 0x00 && bytes[i+42] == 0x00)
{
patchLocation = i+30;

So just add something like:

else if (bytes[i+0] == 0x65 && bytes[i+1] == 0x8B && bytes[i+2] == 0x04 && bytes[i+3] == 0x25 &&
bytes[i+4] == 0x1C && bytes[i+5] == 0x00 && bytes[i+6] == 0x00 && bytes[i+7] == 0x00 &&
bytes[i+36] == 0x65 && bytes[i+37] == 0x8B && bytes[i+38] == 0x04 && bytes[i+39] == 0x25 &&
bytes[i+40] == 0x1C && bytes[i+41] == 0x00 && bytes[i+42] == 0x00 && bytes[i+43] == 0x00)
{
patchLocation = i+31;

Ok, committed to 2240.

• Like 1

I need some help setting up Clover on my Asus Q87M-E.  I tried installing chimera through abother instaler, but it refuses to boot chimera at all and send me to the BIOS.

I now have tried installing Clover with the autoinstaller from my previous chimera install booted from usb, to my secondary HDD.  I chose the UEFI option only on the clover install as it suggested to do first. 

When booting, I press F8 for the boot menu and select UEFI OS (My 2TB HDD) then I get a blank blue screen with a bunch of text output.  I have the option to select with my arrow keys a list of boot types and seem my 2TB Hdd and try to boot, but it hangs on a black screen immediately.

I'm not very familiar with any of the options and no clue which to select.

Is there, hopefully, some basic options Asus motherboards like?

also, I'm using my evga GTX 650 video card.  Will it need special configuration as well, or should I use integrated video (HD 4600) instead, until I get this booting properly?

Thanks for any help

-=Mark=-

Please move this thread to the appropriate section if I'm posting in the wrong section.

My rig is in my sig.

I don't know about that - I never used the prefpane. Perhaps someone else can help with that.

But - why do you need to use it?

I always just select Windows or OSX from Clover menu, without selecting Startup Disk from OS X.

You are correct, that way always works. But... I want to be able to reboot into a different OS remotely. This way it shouldn't matter in which OS the system is booted and whenever I want I can go to the right OS anytime, anywhere :D

the shut down notice on boot is a known issue and its not known what the real cause of the problem is. i think its from osx own shut down procedure because I've had it pop up randomly since 10.7, using xpc, chameleon and clover. I do not have it happen on every shut down but it does happen after every update i have installed, betas or official.  

Hmm. Interesting. Though I've had the issue every time I boot with Clover. No issue with Chameleon (Well besides the fact that it's not using the UEFI) 

the shut down notice on boot is a known issue and its not known what the real cause of the problem is. i think its from osx own shut down procedure because I've had it pop randomly since 10.7, using xpc, chameleon and clover. I do not have it happen on every shut down but it does happen after every update i have installed, betas or official.  

I'm getting shut down errors when I boot and i think it's from not having a clean DSDT when I patch. 

the shut down notice on boot is a known issue and its not known what the real cause of the problem is. i think its from osx own shut down procedure because I've had it pop up randomly since 10.7, using xpc, chameleon and clover. I do not have it happen on every shut down but it does happen after every update i have installed, betas or official.  

When started with UEFI then OSX may use real NVRAM and keep here Panic Log.

I see shutdown notice every time when I boot incorrectly , when there was a panic, when there was a reset.

In normal work when I'm using kernel cache and no InjectKext there are no messages about wrong shutdown.

Hi guys, 

first of all a BIG THANK YOU to Slice and all the other Clover devs! I've been running Clover since the iMessage hiccup last winter. For the last couple of months, I was on r1151 with a patched DSDT (see my sig) fine with Mountain Lion.

I did a fresh install of Mavericks GM on a spare hard drive and have now difficulties to boot with Clover r2236. The KP error message I get is "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\" (see attached pic).

I'm a bit out of the loop and need help to point me in the right directions.

- I have FakeSMC version 5.3.891 in /10.9 --- FakeSMC version 3.3.1 (with only FakeSMC in it) doesn't change anything. --> Do I have to enable the injection of that kext manually? In r1151 I just had to put the kext in kexts/10.8

- config.plist is the standard you get after you install Clover on a USB drive.

- I would like to start over from scratch and don't use the patched DSDT I was using before because I didn't patch it myself so I don't know what was done there. I would like Clover to replace some of those fixes. I my assumption wrong that I could boot without any DSDT?

Thank you in advance for your patience :)

edit: here's my config.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Timeout</key>
		<integer>5</integer>
		<key>Arguments</key>
		<string>npci=0x2000</string>
		<key>DefaultVolume</key>
		<string>Mountain Lion SSD</string>
		<key>Log</key>
		<true/>
		<key>Fast</key>
		<false/>
		<key>XMPDetection</key>
		<string>-1</string>
		<key>Legacy</key>
		<string>PBR</string>
	</dict>
	<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Debug</key>
		<false/>
		<key>KernelCpu</key>
		<false/>
		<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
		<true/>
		<key>AppleRTC</key>
		<true/>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>External icons patch</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>RXh0ZXJuYWw=</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>SW50ZXJuYWw=</data>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>
	<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>HaltEnabler</key>
		<false/>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Debug</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Name</key>
			<string>DSDT.aml</string>
			<key>Fixes</key>
			<dict>
				<key>AddDTGP_0001</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixDarwin_0002</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixShutdown_0004</key>
				<true/>
				<key>AddMCFG_0008</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixHPET_0010</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FakeLPC_0020</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixIPIC_0040</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixSBUS_0080</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixDisplay_0100</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixIDE_0200</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixSATA_0400</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixFirewire_0800</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixUSB_1000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixLAN_2000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixAirport_4000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixHDA_8000</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>
		</dict>
		<key>DropTables</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>DMAR</string>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>SSDT</string>
				<key>TableId</key>
				<string>CpuPm</string>
			</dict>
		</array>
		<key>SSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Generate</key>
			<dict>
				<key>PStates</key>
				<true/>
				<key>CStates</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>
			<key>PLimitDict</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
			<key>UnderVoltStep</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
			<key>MinMultiplier</key>
			<integer>8</integer>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>DisableDrivers</key>
	<array>
		<string>Nothing</string>
	</array>
	<key>RtVariables</key>
	<dict>
		<key>MountEFI</key>
		<true/>
		<key>LogLineCount</key>
		<integer>3000</integer>
		<key>LogEveryBoot</key>
		<string>10</string>
	</dict>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>TextOnly</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Language</key>
		<string>en:0</string>
		<key>Theme</key>
		<string>metal</string>
		<key>Mouse</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Enabled</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Speed</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
		</dict>
		<key>Hide</key>
		<array>
			<string>Windows</string>
			<string>\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI</string>
		</array>
		<key>Scan</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Tool</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Legacy</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Audio</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<string>No</string>
		</dict>
		<key>FakeID</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<string>0x0</string>
			<key>IntelGFX</key>
			<string>0x0</string>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<string>0x0</string>
			<key>SATA</key>
			<string>0x0</string>
			<key>WIFI</key>
			<string>0x0</string>
			<key>LAN</key>
			<string>0x0</string>
			<key>XHCI</key>
			<string>0x0</string>
		</dict>
		<key>USB</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<true/>
			<key>FixOwnership</key>
			<true/>
			<key>AddClockID</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>SystemParameters</key>
	<dict>
		<key>InjectSystemID</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>
	<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<true/>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<false/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>PatchVBios</key>
		<false/>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

post-387347-0-17460700-1381748476_thumb.jpg

Hi guys, 

first of all a BIG THANK YOU to Slice and all the other Clover devs! I've been running Clover since the iMessage hiccup last winter. For the last couple of months, I was on r1151 with a patched DSDT (see my sig) fine with Mountain Lion.

I did a fresh install of Mavericks GM on a spare hard drive and have now difficulties to boot with Clover r2236. The KP error message I get is "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\" (see attached pic).

I'm a bit out of the loop and need help to point me in the right directions.

- I have FakeSMC version 5.3.891 in /10.9 --- FakeSMC version 3.3.1 (with only FakeSMC in it) doesn't change anything.

- config.plist is the standard you get after you install Clover on a USB drive.

- I would like to start over from scratch and don't use the patched DSDT I was using before because I didn't patch it myself so I don't know what was done there. I would like Clover to replace some of those fixes. I my assumption wrong that I could boot without any DSDT?

Thank you in advance for your patience :)

I have reports about this issue with 10.9, it seems somehow related to DSDT fixes, but I cannot reproduce it myself, so it is difficult to debug it.

Try to mess with FixUSB_1000 or/and other fixes. It seems to be one of the fixes that it can't work with/without it on 10.9. The situation is not clear yet.

If you find out exactly what it was, let us know.

One report was that it was caused by:

<key>FixUSB_1000</key>

<true/>

And was solved when setting it to false.

By the way, the new (easier to use) syntax for DSDT fixes is at:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2656&view=findpost&p=35700

When started with UEFI then OSX may use real NVRAM and keep here Panic Log.

I see shutdown notice every time when I boot incorrectly , when there was a panic, when there was a reset.

In normal work when I'm using kernel cache and no InjectKext there are no messages about wrong shutdown.

This is what leads me to think its from osx shutdown. I don't use uefi. I always use kernelchace and i don't inject kexts. And I've had this happen all along in 3 different boot managers. I specifically mentioned that it happens after every update because with official updates apple controls the shut down to install the update and i would think that their procedure then would be clean.

I just found this:

10/14/13 10:01:34.488 AM shutdown[2748]: reboot by _unknown:

Any idea why it's not loading my DSDT fix mask? I've entered it into my conf file and I've typed it in on the boot screen.

35:576  29:547  EDITED: 0xE81F
37:240  1:663  EDITED: [+] 
39:446  2:206  @ESC: DSDT fix mask [0x0000]->

71:965  0:003  DSDT len = 0xA7DB new len = 0xBCD6
71:965  0:000  Apply DsdtFixMask=0x0000
71:965  0:000  ========= Auto patch DSDT Starting ========
71:965  0:000  VideoCard devID=0x118910DE
71:965  0:000  DisplayADR1[0] = 0x10000, DisplayADR2[0] = 0x0
71:965  0:000  Display 0 is  notPCIE
72:082  0:116  USBADR[0] = 0x140000 and PCIe = 0xFFFE
72:082  0:000  USBADR[1] = 0x1A0000 and PCIe = 0xFFFE
72:383  0:301  USBADR[2] = 0x1D0000 and PCIe = 0xFFFE
72:383  0:000  Found ACPI CPU: CPU0 And CPU1 And CPU2 And CPU3 And CPU4 And CPU5 And CPU6 And CPU7 
72:383  0:000  Found PCIROOTUID = 0
72:383  0:000  ========= Auto patch DSDT Finished ========
72:383  0:000  Drop tables from Xsdt, SIGN=SSDT TableID=

I have reports about this issue with 10.9, it seems somehow related to DSDT fixes, but I cannot reproduce it myself, so it is difficult to debug it.

Try to mess with FixUSB_1000 or/and other fixes. It seems to be one of the fixes that it can't work with/without it on 10.9. The situation is not clear yet.

If you find out exactly what it was, let us know.

One report was that it was caused by:

<key>FixUSB_1000</key>

<true/>

And was solved when setting it to false.

By the way, the new (easier to use) syntax for DSDT fixes is at:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2656&view=findpost&p=35700

Thanks for your answer. Setting it to false didn't help though :(

I also tried setting FixShutdown_0004, FixFirewire_0800, FixAirport_4000 to false - no help.

Before I continue, could someone please confirm the following:

- technically, I should be able to boot only with FakeSMC in kexts/10.9 , right?

- do I have to boot with the boot argument 'WithKexts' in order to use the FakeSMC or is that from an old revision?

- found out that we use now <key>InjectKexts</key> true/false testing now with FakeSMC.

- When I boot without any DSDT, does Clover create a new one? Should I be able to boot without any DSDT? I'm confused here...

Thanks

EDIT: 

I got in!

- no DSDT.aml

- I activated InjectKexts and put FakeSMC and IONetworking (for Internet) into 10.9

- I deactivated all DSDT fixes and am now in the process of testing which one is the bad one ;)

EDIT2:

I found the evil fix! My kernel panic was caused by the SBUS fix (struggle bus!! :D ) - I set that to false and it worked.

I can even activate FixUSB without any problems.

I've had enough for today... Thanks again for your help

Edited by VirusX

Panic with patched DSDT usually caused by double _DSM method. If your BIOS.aml already contains _DSM for some device then injecting new one is problematic.

For this purpose I implemented more fixes

<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
			<dict>
				<key>ATI</key>
				<true/>
				<key>NVidia</key>
				<true/>
				<key>IntelGFX</key>
				<true/>
				<key>HDA</key>
				<true/>
				<key>HDMI</key>
				<true/>
				<key>LAN</key>
				<true/>
				<key>WIFI</key>
				<true/>
				<key>SATA</key>
				<true/>
				<key>IDE</key>
				<true/>
				<key>USB</key>
				<true/>
				<key>LPC</key>
				<false/>
				<key>SmBUS</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Firewire</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>

By default you see SmBUS has "false" value. This is why 

I found the evil fix! My kernel panic was caused by the SBUS fix (struggle bus!!  :D ) - I set that to false and it worked.
  • Like 2

Hmm. Interesting. Though I've had the issue every time I boot with Clover. No issue with Chameleon (Well besides the fact that it's not using the UEFI) 

I've only just got over this issue, had it for quite a few months. I had an error message saying that OS X had fail to shutdown correctly with kernel 10.8.4 which I haven't had installed for a while, I also formatted the partition. It was due to me having an old saved nvram.plist on my EFI partition.

Your problem sounds similar, give it a go.  

thanks, X-TRiAL. I checked and i don't have any nvram files in my EFI partition. This really isn't a problem for me, its been happening so long that i don't give it a second thought about clicking the message. Its happened with all different boots in every beta and final that i have now come to expect it :P

thanks, X-TRiAL. I checked and i don't have any nvram files in my EFI partition. This really isn't a problem for me, its been happening so long that i don't give it a second thought about clicking the message. Its happened with all different boots in every beta and final that i have now come to expect it :P

Ok fair enough, I'm assuming you checked hidden files also? Did you check other partitions too? 

I really didn't like that message coming up, got really really annoying  :surprised:

I've only just got over this issue, had it for quite a few months. I had an error message saying that OS X had fail to shutdown correctly with kernel 10.8.4 which I haven't had installed for a while, I also formatted the partition. It was due to me having an old saved nvram.plist on my EFI partition.

Your problem sounds similar, give it a go.  

This might work. I'll give it a shot tonight.  

I did delete the nvram file off of my boot drive. I don't remember if I checked my EFI drive. It was hidden 

@christ1111 - in general, the same config.plist (entire /EFI/CLOVER folder for that matter) will work for the installer as for your hardrive OS installation. for me the basic difference is that for a USB installer, i inject some basic kexts (FakeSMC and VoodooPS2Controller) whereas on my HD, i prefer to replace and add kexts in /S/L/E.  my laptop is using UEFI and if it helps, i post my EFI zip as well as some tips etc here: #486

tluck my friend your the best  :lol:  :D  :thumbsup_anim:   Its work 10.9 GM  on usb,perfect , just With fakesmc and my dsdt  B)

I booting straight on my 10.9  GM desktop GA Z87M-D3H  , and everything is ok samething like Chameleon , unbelliveble !!  only my to kext audio and the fakesmc / Eternet RTL81xx ;)

Now I really whant to Install in my PC;

for my  laptop, I am create My Installer .pkg clover 2236  bot Ml and Mavericks , and he works perfect  :whistle:

not only in my HP Probook 4530s . 

Thank you  for your really good advise here  :D

BIG THANKS TO Slice and are team  :D  :P 

ok guys, here's my next problem with my new mavericks install (Clover r2236):

I can't get iCloud / iMessage / AppStore / etc to work. The AppStore says: 'An unknown error has occurred', iCloud says 'Unable to sign in because of a problem communicating with iCloud'

I added

<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BoardSerialNumber</key>
		<string>XXXJK96XXXJT21XXX</string>
	</dict>

- Sleep, waking from sleep, shutdown, sound and internet is working. Almost perfect :)

Thanks for your help!

edit: solved it. Followed the guide here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284684-icloudfacetimeappstore-login-errors/

My problem was that my bluetooth connection was used as en0 and my two ethernet connections are used as en1 and en2. I just disconnected my bluetooth adapter, deleted all connections and went 'to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ and delete Networkinterfaces.plist'

edit2: here's my quick how to for my GA EX58-UD5 motherboard http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/185097-guide-scripted-retail-lionmountain-lion-install-on-gigabyte-mobos/?p=1954971

So I'm trying to do a fresh install and I've installed Clover to my USB drive with my Installer on it but when I boot to Clover UEFI I see my current install and "Install OS X Mavericks" drive. When I click, "Install OS X Mavericks" it just flashes and sits at the drive boot menu. I can select my current install and it'll boot right up. 

Any ideas? I've attached my Boot.log file and Config file. 

Thanks

Boot.txt

config.txt

So I'm trying to do a fresh install and I've installed Clover to my USB drive with my Installer on it but when I boot to Clover UEFI I see my current install and "Install OS X Mavericks" drive. When I click, "Install OS X Mavericks" it just flashes and sits at the drive boot menu. I can select my current install and it'll boot right up. 

Any ideas? I've attached my Boot.log file and Config file. 

Thanks

Change VBoxHfs-64.efi by HFSPlus.efi

• Like 2