Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,869 posts in this topic

Hello. Ok, this just maybe a stupid question, but I don't know what to do.

I've formatted USB stick and installed clover (OS X under VMWare). I have asus P8Z77 WB motherboard, so I've copied  \EFI\tools\Shell64.efi to \shellx64.efi file.

I have tryed to boot. No luck, but just black screen with cursor.

Ok. I've added some strings into \EFI\config.plist 

<key>GUI</key>
<dict>
<key>DebugLog</key>
<true/>
</dict>

And created \EFI\CLOVER\misc\ 

but still, it's empty - no any log there.

Well, I'm feeling very confused. Any ideas?

I've formatted USB stick and installed clover (OS X under VMWare). I have asus P8Z77 WB motherboard, so I've copied  \EFI\tools\Shell64.efi to \shellx64.efi file.

<key>GUI</key>
<dict>
<key>DebugLog</key>
<true/>
</dict>

do you have Installesd.dmg Mountain LIOn 10.8 :)

<key>GUI</key>
<dict>
<key>DebugLog</key>
<true/>
</dict>

The default path for config.plist is "\EFI\CLOVER\config.plist".

If you are trying to set up UEFI booting for the first time then it may be a good idea to get CloverEFI (legacy) to work first. That way you separate issues related to configuration and issues related to your UEFI firmware.

• Like 1

Worked! 

Thanks! Now I have 

10/15/13 8:52:30.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 581

But I think I know how to fix those. 

There is no need for a fix. Sound Assertions are nothing bad. I don't know who spread that Urban Legend, but this is one of those that needs to be nipped in the bud.

I just tried Clover for the first time and it's working wonderfully with my Z77X-UD5H. I even installed a new graphics card (AMD 7970) and that too is working great.

There's a few cosmetic things I was wondering if it's possible to fix. In "About This Mac", it shows my Graphics as "AMD Radeon HD 7xxx 3072 MB". Is it possible to change that 7xxx to 7970?

Also, my Processor for some reason is showing 3.49 GHz. It used to show 3.5 GHz I don't know why it changed. I do have turbo set to 4.5GHz but I've always had that.

Anyways, these issues aren't really a big deal, but if I could fix them that would be cool.

post-521138-0-23218900-1381942770_thumb.png

I just tried Clover for the first time and it's working wonderfully with my Z77X-UD5H. I even installed a new graphics card (AMD 7970) and that too is working great.

There's a few cosmetic things I was wondering if it's possible to fix. In "About This Mac", it shows my Graphics as "AMD Radeon HD 7xxx 3072 MB". Is it possible to change that 7xxx to 7970?

Also, my Processor for some reason is showing 3.49 GHz. It used to show 3.5 GHz I don't know why it changed. I do have turbo set to 4.5GHz but I've always had that.

Anyways, these issues aren't really a big deal, but if I could fix them that would be cool.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-10-16 at 11.51.33 AM.png

Yeah, I have had those cosmetic issues as well.

In order to solve the processor speed issue, I had to manually specify 100 Mhz as the clock speed in my BIOS while keeping the multiplayer at 34. I don't know why it did that but OS X always used 99MHz instead.

As for your Radeon card, you can edit About This Mac information manually. Google it. It is very simple and easy to do.

Thanks I'll give that a try! I've just come across some more issues I've noticed:

1) Apple Update keeps telling me I have 1 Update Available (Thunderbolt Firmware Update 1.2). I tried installing it even though I don't even have thunderbolt on my motherboard and it keeps showing up still. Any way to disable this update?

2) Clover is not automatically booting my Mavericks volume. Every time I restart, I have to select the Mavericks volume, press spacebar, and choose With kexts. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

There is much more elegant solution

<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>AddProperties</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Device</key>
				<string>ATI</string>
				<key>Key</key>
				<string>model</string>
				<key>Value</key>
				<string>My nice Radeon HD7950 3Gb</string>
			</dict>

There is no need for a fix. Sound Assertions are nothing bad. I don't know who spread that Urban Legend, but this is one of those that needs to be nipped in the bud.

When booting from the installer I would get about 50 of those (-v) and then it would stop. I was able to take care of it with the HDA Injector. 

Thanks I'll give that a try! I've just come across some more issues I've noticed:

1) Apple Update keeps telling me I have 1 Update Available (Thunderbolt Firmware Update 1.2). I tried installing it even though I don't even have thunderbolt on my motherboard and it keeps showing up still. Any way to disable this update?

2) Clover is not automatically booting my Mavericks volume. Every time I restart, I have to select the Mavericks volume, press spacebar, and choose With kexts. 

1) Right click and hide this update.

2) 

<key>SystemParameters</key>
	<dict>
		<key>InjectKexts</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>

open Terminal

Type in "sudo nvram -c"

Open "System Preferences" and click on Start Up Disk

Select your Mavericks partition and reboot

See if that works.

1) Right click on it and then select hide. It won't show up again

2) Post your config file

@alfa147 

To get rid of the lone Assertion from AppleHDA at startup, add this to your DSDT HDEF device _DSM (think it came in around 10.8.5?) 

or you can probably have clover inject it as a device property if you don’t want touch your dsdt.

"MaximumBootBeepVolume", 0x4D

2. on Mavericks boot volume issue -- if you don't put your custom kexts on your OSX HD in /S/L/E, i.e prefer to keep them in /EFI, then add this in your config.plist (presumably in your OEM folder). you can specify a default volume name or lacking that (i understand) clover looks for most recent nvram file and assumes you want to boot from that volume again. 

<dict>

<key>InjectKexts</key>

<true/>

<key>InjectSystemID</key>

<true/>

</dict>

There is much more elegant solution

<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>AddProperties</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Device</key>
				<string>ATI</string>
				<key>Key</key>
				<string>model</string>
				<key>Value</key>
				<string>My nice Radeon HD7950 3Gb</string>
			</dict>

I tried this but it did not work. Maybe I entered it in wrong. Could you check my config file posted towards the end?

1) Right click and hide this update.

2) 

<dict>
		<key>InjectKexts</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>

That helped a little. Now I only need to select the Mavericks volume and Boot with verbose. But I still have to do it all manually with keyboard to boot. Otherwise, Boot UEFI with EFI or something like that is the default selected.

open Terminal

Type in "sudo nvram -c"

Open "System Preferences" and click on Start Up Disk

Select your Mavericks partition and reboot

See if that works.

Tried that just now, still didn't work. =\

1) Right click on it and then select hide. It won't show up again

2) Post your config file

Attached my config with serial number edited:

config.plist.zip

@chroniX - you seem to have older style config.plist

I would take some stuff out of the GUI and SystemProperties section and put it Boot section.

<key>Boot</key>

<dict>

<key>Arguments</key>

<string>slide=0</string>

<key>DefaultVolume</key>

<string>OSX</string>

<key>Fast</key>

<false/>

<key>Log</key>

<false/>

<key>Timeout</key>

<integer>8</integer>

</dict>

@chroniX - you seem to have older style config.plist

I would take some stuff out of the GUI and SystemProperties section and put it Boot section.

<key>Boot</key>

<dict>

<key>Arguments</key>

<string>slide=0</string>

<key>DefaultVolume</key>

<string>OSX</string>

<key>Fast</key>

<false/>

<key>Log</key>

<false/>

<key>Timeout</key>

<integer>8</integer>

</dict>

Thanks I will try importing my settings to the new config style.

Btw, I'm using the config.plist located in EFI/Clover and have put my DSDT and kexts in the appropriate root directories -- should I be using the OEM folder structure instead? I didn't change anything or place any kexts in the OEM folder.