Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,887 posts in this topic

Je suis très bien, mon ami, est votre lien fonctionne maintenant, vous avez fait un travail fantastique félicitations, je vous souhaite un joyeux Noël

Merci bien,  thanks  Iam just the packager  ^_^

Buon Natale anche a te e alla tua famiglia  :lol:  :D

@Fabio,

Fakesmc can just be left in kext injection folder even when you install clover to another disk, since you have detect it will see if it's present first and only inject if it's not. You may want to remove DisableDrivers and GUI/Hide sections since you probably don't want it to block random stuff.... You may not need some stuff that is enabled too, like kext patching.

@sot_22,

Use pbr or pbrtest. Are you sure your Windows still boots from firmware menu? Is it on the same disk? This is legacy boot from cloverefi right? Not uefi?

hi, cloverefi is booting with "legacy only" in bios from a fat32 usb stick , windows is on the same disk with my macos installation (MBR disk), i have chameleon installed on my macos partition and if i remove the usb stick it boots chameleon and with chameleon boot menu it boots my windows 7 partition (System Reserved - disk0s3 this option boots win 7)

i have tried all options (pbr,pbrtest and LegacyBiosDefaultEntry), i read that with clover you cant boot non uefi/legacy os? 

the other thing if it can be done is to install cloverefi to my first 400mb fat32 partition and make it active , then if i boot to this partition can clover boot the chameleon on my mac partition ? cause now it boots macos straight and not loading chameleon bootmanager...

lol it gets complicated 

• Like 1

hi , i have another problem clover can't boot to my windows 7 partition , i boot legacy cloverefi , my partitions are mbr :  

/dev/disk0

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *128.0 GB   disk0

1:                 DOS_FAT_32 FAT                     418.4 MB   disk0s1

2:                  Apple_HFS mac                     81.5 GB    disk0s2

3:               Windows_NTFS System Reserved         104.9 MB   disk0s3

4:               Windows_NTFS                         46.1 GB    disk0s4

when i boot clover it places 2 menu items (legacy os) : "System Reserved" and the other "Windows_NTFS" partition but when i press to boot from them it gets stuck on "booting legacy os",

if i change in config :

<key>Legacy</key>

<string>LegacyBiosDefaultEntry</string>

when i press to boot it says "error not found"

i have NTFS.efi and NTFS-64.efi installed

anyone knows what's wrong ? with chameleon i press on "System Reserved" partition and it boots alright.

============================================================================
fdisk
============================================================================
Disk: /dev/disk0 geometry: 15566/255/63 [250069680 sectors]
Signature: 0xAA55
         Starting       Ending
 #: id  cyl  hd sec -  cyl  hd sec [     start -       size]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
 1: 0B    0  32  33 -   50 253  11 [      2048 -     817152] Win95 FAT-32
*2: AF   50 253  12 - 1022 254  63 [    819200 -  159090688] HFS+        
 3: 07 1022 254  63 - 1022 254  63 [ 159909888 -     204800] NTFS        
 4: 07 1022 254  63 - 1022 254  63 [ 160114688 -   89952256] NTFS      

I have the same issues with both of my older machines, using clover to boot from a FAT32 mbr formatted USB into Windows 7_X64 Partitions located on hybrid mbr/GUID hard drives.

On my desktop GA-P55aUD3/ATI 5770, choosing the System Reserved partition chain loads the Windows Bootmgr but boot fails with a BCD error.  In contrast chameleon seems to play well with the Windows Bootmgr and boot continues successfully.

On my laptop XPSm1530, Windows 7 partitions appear as "Legacy" items on the clover menu and clicking on them with the spacebar to boot causes a hang--->requires a hard reset.  Again, no issues dual booting Windows 7_X64 with chameleon.

I have tried all the options: legacybiosdefault, pbr,pbrtest.  The best option seems to be PBR --->at least it loads Windows Bootmgr before BCD error stalls it.

NB OSX on both machines boots perfectly with clover.

fusion71au  my drive is not hybrid is only MBR , mine does what your laptop XPSm1530 do appear as "Legacy" items and "causes a hang--->requires a hard reset" it doesnt load anything but chameleon has no problem,  as i can see its a dead end probably

** or we can find another bootloader to install in MBR who can boot everything, if it cant be done with clover i'll try that

About LegacyBoot: it works good on some motherboard, but on some there are problems. For me, it works on many computers, and we had many good reports also.

But it is difficult comparing this with Chameleon, as the process is completely different.

CloverEFI ("Legacy Clover") loads an EFI environment, and has to start a legacy boot from within in (Clover GUI itself runs inside an EFI environment). Chameleon doesn't enter an EFI environment (it emulates EFI partially just before booting OSX), so the process of booting legacy in that case is very simple, as it is still in standard BIOS environment. Unlike it, Clover tries in many ways to get your system back to a workable BIOS environment before EFI dies, but that doesn't work on all configurations.

Another note, I have seen many cases where booting Legacy OS's plays better with CloverEFI compiled without SATA and USB drivers. In that case Clover still uses Bios access methods for both SATA and USB storage devices (and your BIOS emulation for keyboard), but there is no mouse support, and this boot style also doesn't work on all motherboards (and even when it works, LegacyBoot can still fail). An advantage is that this boot style usually gets to Clover GUI considerably faster (when it works).

If you wish to experiment, I am attaching the 'boot' file compiled like this, feel free to try, but I'm not sure if it will help your problems. And remember, it might not even boot on your systems. To use it you have to replace the boot file wherever Clover is (you are both welcome to try it if you wish)

@fusion71au, as you get a BCD error, it's probably solvable somehow. That would mean that your system is successfully back into using BIOS access, but from some reason the boot manager can't find the partition. Perhaps it's related to your dual GUID/MBR scheme? I'm not sure, I never used that scheme on a PC. About the hang without any output at all, there's usually not much to be done (unless the replacement boot file helps).

@sot_22 do you get any output at all, or just hang?

Now as a side note, I have seen that many people think that because their system is not UEFI and they use Clover as Legacy, they need to keep using Legacy Windows.

So in case you think that, know that it's not true - I use Windows 7/8.1 installed in UEFI mode on all my systems with CloverEFI (and the systems don't have UEFI bios).

So my main recommendation to both of you is to get rid completely of MBR, stay with a pure-GPT partition, and reinstall Windows in UEFI mode.

CloverEFI provides a full UEFI environment, and you can install Windows in UEFI mode if you boot the Windows DVD or USB through Clover, not as Legacy, but by choosing the EFI entry (and for that it is actually better to use the original boot file you have, as SATA/USB drivers are often needed to properly access the DVD/USB installation media).

The reason I use legacy is actually to boot DOS which I still need in some cases (and I'm not aware of a DOS based on UEFI...), and also 32-bit versions of Windows. But for all 64-bit versions of Windows I see no point in that.

P.S. For legacy booting in CloverEFI, you should really set Legacy="PBR", as that is the method which works with it most commonly.

Edit: Updated custom boot file to r2407, as it contains a rather important fix to edk2 which may cause halt immediately after "boot0: B".

boot-r2407-nousb_nosata.zip

• Like 6

There may also be another issue where having driver for ntfs forces efi to the partition because the efi loader for Windows is present, please try removing driver and see. As for dos it s only 16 bit and efi starts in user mode, 32 or 64 bit. So probably not worth it to do all that thunking....

I also agree that you should just use efi versions of oses with clover.

• Like 1

There may also be another issue where having driver for ntfs forces efi to the partition because the efi loader for Windows is present, please try removing driver and see. As for dos it s only 16 bit and efi starts in user mode, 32 or 64 bit. So probably not worth it to do all that thunking....

I also agree that you should just use efi versions of oses with clover.

Yes, I am completely fine with Legacy Booting into DOS. I didn't really mean to think about an EFI version :D

@apianti

@Fabio,
Fakesmc can just be left in kext injection folder even when you install clover to another disk, since you have detect it will see if it's present first and only inject if it's not. You may want to remove DisableDrivers and GUI/Hide sections since you probably don't want it to block random stuff.... You may not need some stuff that is enabled too, like kext patching.

Injection kext folder as mean EFI/CLOVER/kext/10.9
The others I install the kext in S / L / E right
I must add SSDT for the cpu
For the config.plist could help
thanks

Fabio

thank you all for the useful information ,

Pene it works!   (before i was getting just hang no error or anything)

with the boot file you provided (compiled without SATA and USB support) and my config set Legacy="PBR" , clover (v2k r2395) boots win 7 fine :)

i dont care about mouse etc cause i boot and like the boot manager on text only mode :)

so i'm done for now and the next step is jump to GPT...

*if you can please provide and this alternative boot file with the clover official pkg

• Like 1

@apianti

Injection kext folder as mean EFI/CLOVER/kext/10.9
The others I install the kext in S / L / E right
I must add SSDT for the cpu
For the config.plist could help
thanks

Fabio

Yes, that would be the kext injection folder for 10.9, but try not to inject duplicated kexts from there (like original patched kexts), it's better to patch or replace the ones on s/l/e/.

To load a custom SSDT just copy the file to ACPI/patched, add the dropOem key and delete any "Generate" key you may have.

Is there any benefit to using Clover on a real Mac that already boots Mavericks natively? Obviously I know you can change the smbios and things like that, but that's not beneficial on anything except mac pro 1,1 and macbook3,1. I used ReFind currently, but i've been thinking about using Clover though simply because I like the themes better and the idea of having more options, especially now that it has options for Linux too.

Is there any benefit to using Clover on a real Mac that already boots Mavericks natively? Obviously I know you can change the smbios and things like that, but that's not beneficial on anything except mac pro 1,1 and macbook3,1. I used ReFind currently, but i've been thinking about using Clover though simply because I like the themes better and the idea of having more options, especially now that it has options for Linux too.

Remember that SMBIOS patching can't be turned off currently for OSX in Clover, so you'd have to try to mimic your real SMBIOS data as good as you can (which will still end up not being 100% identical to original). If there is a growing interest in this, it is possible to add an option to turn off SMBIOS patching for AppleEFI (there's no sense to turn it off on non-Apple hardware, as then OSX won't boot). But as you probably know this was not the original target of Clover.

As to benefits? themes, mouse support, more options, etc. But nothing related to functionality that I can think of.

And of course there are many things that won't work. For example, Apple hardware doesn't like disconnecting anything from firmware (tends to hang when you try that), etc. So it really needs to be configured carefully, as Clover assumes ON for many options, most of them being unneeded on a real Mac.

• Like 1

Yes, that would be the kext injection folder for 10.9, but try not to inject duplicated kexts from there (like original patched kexts), it's better to patch or replace the ones on s/l/e/.

To load a custom SSDT just copy the file to ACPI/patched, add the dropOem key and delete any "Generate" key you may have.

The table was created with the SSDT ssdtPRGen.sh
You can check if all goes well this part of the config.plist
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Debug</key>
			<false/>
			<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
			<dict>
				<key>ATI</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Firewire</key>
				<true/>
				<key>HDA</key>
				<false/>
				<key>HDMI</key>
				<false/>
				<key>IDE</key>
				<false/>
				<key>IntelGFX</key>
				<false/>
				<key>LAN</key>
				<false/>
				<key>LPC</key>
				<false/>
				<key>NVidia</key>
				<false/>
				<key>SATA</key>
				<false/>
				<key>SmBUS</key>
				<false/>
				<key>USB</key>
				<false/>
				<key>WIFI</key>
				<false/>
			</dict>
			<key>Fixes</key>
			<dict>
				<key>AddDTGP_0001</key>
				<false/>
				<key>AddMCFG_0008</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FakeLPC_0020</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixAirport_4000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixDarwin_0002</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixDisplay_0100</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixFirewire_0800</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixHDA_8000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixHPET_0010</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixIDE_0200</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixIPIC_0040</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixLAN_2000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixSATA_0400</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixSBUS_0080</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixShutdown_0004</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixUSB_1000</key>
				<false/>
			</dict>
			<key>Name</key>
			<string>DSDT.aml</string>
		</dict>
		<key>DropTables</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>DMAR</string>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>SSDT</string>
				<key>TableId</key>
				<string>CpuPm</string>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>SSDT</string>
				<key>TableId</key>
				<string>Cpu0Ist</string>
			</dict>
		</array>
		<key>HaltEnabler</key>
		<false/>
		<key>SSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>DropOem</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Generate</key>
			<dict>
				<key>CStates</key>
				<false/>
				<key>PStates</key>
				<false/>
			</dict>
			<key>MinMultiplier</key>
			<integer>7</integer>
			<key>PluginType</key>
			<integer>1</integer>
		</dict>
	</dict>
thanks

Fabio

Hi,

Ive tried everything i can but I still cant solve this by myself. Im trying to get clover bootloader working on my hackintosh but it wont boot to OS X desktop. I choose my 10.9 partition, apple logo and spinning wheel appear - looks like its booting - but then out of a sudden the apple logo is gone.. My screen turns black and white and other colors and I can also see strange pictures in stead of desktop.

Heres what I end up with: https://www.dropbox.com/s/02xnd72k6ywch4p/Foto%2021.12.13%2011%2039%2055.jpg

There might be something wrong in config.plist so Im providing a link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eqhog8iog5yyenc/config.plist

This is a laptop, Asus X54C-SX099V and my specs:

Intel HD Graphics 3000 (384 MB)

Intel Core i3 2,2 GHz

OS X 10.9

Yes, I am using the latest version of clover.

(I do not have DSDT and SSDT as they cause kernel panic)

Thanks in advance!

Delete:

<dict>
                <key>Signature</key>
                <string>SSDT</string>
                <key>TableId</key>
                <string>CpuPm</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Signature</key>
                <string>SSDT</string>
                <key>TableId</key>
                <string>Cpu0Ist</string>
            </dict>
And you may not need these keys:
            <key>MinMultiplier</key>
            <integer>7</integer>
            <key>PluginType</key>
            <integer>1</integer>

Read about them on the wiki and decide for yourself according to your CPU.

Hi guys,

I have one more question regarding the ...

AddPNLF_1000000

... Patch. Can I use this value with every Monitor, or is this a Laptop only Patch? I'm asking, because I can use every key on my Apple Keyborad, except the brightness control keys.

Unfortunately, I still cannot get sleep to work at all, even with new Clover and new patching methods.

So, I REALLY could need some help now!

What happens is that when I invoke sleep, Monitor goes dark, but the machine is not able to completely shut down. Fans still spinning, and the power light is not blinking (like it should when entering sleep). The only way to get out of this is to press the power button for some seconds and do a hard reset ... ouch.

Also tried a LOT of different patch masks - with both new and old style - but no dice.

I would really appreciate some help, as this is making me slowly mad :/

I am on a R4E with 4930K. Also seems like I have a slightly newer revision of the X79 chipset, not sure if this will cause the problems. Also do not see all USB ports, and the former DSDT patch to fix this seems not to work anymore with the new way.

So what patches are needed for my config? Again, I would really really really appreciate any insights as I don't know what to do.

Unfortunately, I still cannot get sleep to work at all, even with new Clover and new patching methods.

So, I REALLY could need some help now!

What happens is that when I invoke sleep, Monitor goes dark, but the machine is not able to completely shut down. Fans still spinning, and the power light is not blinking (like it should when entering sleep). The only way to get out of this is to press the power button for some seconds and do a hard reset ... ouch.

Also tried a LOT of different patch masks - with both new and old style - but no dice.

I would really appreciate some help, as this is making me slowly mad :/

I am on a R4E with 4930K. Also seems like I have a slightly newer revision of the X79 chipset, not sure if this will cause the problems. Also do not see all USB ports, and the former DSDT patch to fix this seems not to work anymore with the new way.

So what patches are needed for my config? Again, I would really really really appreciate any insights as I don't know what to do.

Attached here your confi.plist

I have some hardware

Attached here your confi.plist

I have some hardware

OK, here we go:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>RtVariables</key>
	<dict>
		<key>LogEveryBoot</key>
		<string>10</string>
		<key>LogLineCount</key>
		<integer>3000</integer>
		<key>MountEFI</key>
		<string>No</string>
	</dict>
	<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BoardType</key>
		<integer>11</integer>
		<key>ChassisType</key>
		<integer>6</integer>
		<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
		<string>10/07/10</string>
		<key>Version</key>
		<string>1.0</string>
		<key>SerialNumber</key>
		<string>CK215YXVEUH</string>
		<key>Manufacturer</key>
		<string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>
		<key>BoardManufacturer</key>
		<key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
		<string>Pro-Enclosure</string>
		<key>BiosVendor</key>
		<key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>MP51.88Z.007F.B03.1010071432</string>
		<key>Board-ID</key>
		<string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>
		<key>Family</key>
		<string>Mac Pro</string>
		<key>ProductName</key>
		<string>MacPro5,1</string>
	</dict>
	<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Arguments</key>
		<string>npci=0x2000</string>
		<key>DefaultVolume</key>
		<string>OS X</string>
		<key>Log</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Timeout</key>
		<integer>3</integer>
		<key>XMPDetection</key>
		<string>No</string>
		<key>WhiteList</key>
		<array/>
		<key>BlackList</key>
		<array/>
		<key>Secure</key>
		<false/>
	</dict>
	<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>USB</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<true/>
			<key>FixOwnership</key>
			<true/>
			<key>AddClockID</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>FakeID</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<string>0x0</string>
			<key>IntelGFX</key>
			<string>0x0</string>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<string>0x0</string>
			<key>LAN</key>
			<string>0x0</string>
			<key>SATA</key>
			<string>0x0</string>
			<key>WIFI</key>
			<string>0x0</string>
			<key>XHCI</key>
			<string>0x0</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>DisableDrivers</key>
	<array>
		<string>Nothing</string>
	</array>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Language</key>
		<string>de:0</string>
		<key>Theme</key>
		<string>bluemac</string>
		<key>Mouse</key>
		<dict>
			<key>DoubleClick</key>
			<integer>400</integer>
			<key>Speed</key>
			<integer>5</integer>
			<key>Enabled</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>Scan</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Tool</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Legacy</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>Hide</key>
		<array>
			<string>Windows</string>
			<string>\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi</string>
		</array>
		<key>Custom</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<string>OS X</string>
					<key>Path</key>
					<string>\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi</string>
					<key>AddArguments</key>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<string>OS X 10.9</string>
					<key>Hidden</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>InjectKexts</key>
					<false/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>OSX</string>
					<key>VolumeType</key>
					<string>Internal</string>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<string>Recovery HD</string>
					<key>Path</key>
					<string>\com.apple.recovery.boot\boot.efi</string>
					<key>AddArguments</key>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<string>OS X Recovery</string>
					<key>Hidden</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>InjectKexts</key>
					<true/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>OSXRecovery</string>
					<key>VolumeType</key>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Path</key>
					<string>\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi</string>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<string>Windows 8.1</string>
					<key>Hidden</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>Windows</string>
					<key>VolumeType</key>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Path</key>
					<string>\EFI\MemTest86\BOOTX64.efi</string>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<string>MemTest86</string>
					<key>Hidden</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>Linux</string>
					<key>VolumeType</key>
				</dict>
			</array>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<false/>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<false/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>AppleRTC</key>
		<false/>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				RXh0ZXJuYWw=
				</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				SW50ZXJuYWw=
				</data>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>External icons patch</string>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>
	<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Debug</key>
			<false/>
			<key>ReuseFFFF</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Name</key>
			<string>DSDT.aml</string>
			<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>DropTables</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>DMAR</string>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>SSDT</string>
				<key>TableId</key>
				<string>CpuPm</string>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>SSDT</string>
				<key>TableId</key>
				<string>Cpu0Ist</string>
			</dict>
		</array>
		<key>SSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>DropOem</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Generate</key>
			<dict>
				<key>PStates</key>
				<false/>
				<key>CStates</key>
				<false/>
			</dict>
			<key>MinMultiplier</key>
			<integer>8</integer>
			<key>PLimitDict</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
			<key>UnderVoltStep</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>SystemParameters</key>
	<dict>
		<key>InjectSystemID</key>
		<true/>
		<key>InjectKexts</key>
		<string>IfNoFakeSMC</string>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Please note that I just disabled all these fixes now again, as they seem to do no good (sleep problem is the same without any fix).

I also use a custom DSDT to fix my IRQ / USB problems (and some more), but that also does not seem to affect the problem no matter if I enable it or not.

I'm sorry I meant disable, I think they are enabled by default, so removing them doesn't do anything. Also do you have usb 3? You probably need xhci kext for non supported controller. Please remove all devices you can and make sure you have required usb in usb 2 ports and see what happens.