Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

I have been advocating Clover EFI for a bit now. I help other people with it. I am very vocal about my love for it. I just wish that my ideas concerning Linux would be considered.

If you can't give me that then how about an official Windows installer? Would that be to much, too?

I have been advocating Clover EFI for a bit now. I help other people with it. I am very vocal about my love for it. I just wish that my ideas concerning Linux would be considered.

If you can't give me that then how about an official Windows installer? Would that be to much, too?

May be this helps you?

BDUtility.exe make Clover&Chameleon bootFlash with MACOSX distr    

Let me clarify this, Slice

Either give me a Windows INSTALLER (not a boot disk maker) or I am done with the Clover project.

EDIT

I have decided to elaborate and explain myself a bit more.

I would love to have full-blown Linux support, but in the spirit of compromise, a Windows Installer would suffice.

I love Clover EFI. I am a Clover fanatic, so much so that people in #clover will tell you that I am crazy head-over-heals in love with it.

I don't want to see Clover succeed; no, I want to see it dominate. I want to see it take its rightful place.

We have a brilliant piece of software here. While we Hackintosh users benefit, no one else does. Thats why I am making this ultimatum. Either I am given my installer or I am done. 

Hallo devs,

is possible to add 

"hda-gfx",  Buffer (0x0A) { "onboard-1" }

to HDEF which clover is injecting? I need this for working HDMI sound on HD4000. This key gets also injected automatically in the IntelGFX _DSM method, so the HDEF line is the only part left for getting it working.

I tried AddProperties function but it doesn't play nicely with injecting layout-id. If I inject like the following, I don't get any sound. The effect is "onboard-1" is there but layout-id is empty.

<key>Devices</key>

<dict>

<key>AddProperties</key>

<array>

<dict>

<key>Device</key>

<string>HDA</string>

<key>Key</key>

<string>hda-gfx</string>

<key>Value</key>

<string>onboard-1</string>

</dict>

</array>

<key>Audio</key>

<dict>

<key>Inject</key>

<string>3</string>

</dict>

</dict>

Thanks for the clarification.
But my question is UEFI GOP have benefits in OS X?
Or it is just for faster boot?

The only benefit to a GOP rom is that it works with UEFI

Either give me a Windows INSTALLER (not a boot disk maker) or I am done with the Clover project

GTFO then and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

• Like 2

Either give me a Windows INSTALLER (not a boot disk maker) or I am done with the Clover project.

EDIT

I would love to have full-blown Linux support, but in the spirit of compromise, a Windows Installer would suffice.

I love Clover EFI. I am a Clover fanatic, so much so that people in #clover will tell you that I am crazy head-over-heals in love with it.

I don't want to see Clover succeed; no, I want to see it dominate. I want to see it take its rightful place.

We have a brilliant piece of software here. While we Hackintosh users benefit, no one else does. Thats why I am making this ultimatum. Either I am given my installer or I am done.

why not make one yourself then?

dd has a windows port and with a little bit of work so can fdisk...

efi partition can be mounted with a little command.

for installer a sfx could be used which runs a script...

I don't see the problem here.

Linux is even easier...

it's like os x and the fdisk tool can be just recompiled...

gcc too hard to use?

as for package not hard either.

needs some files in a certain way to construct an rpm and deb is also simple.

if it doesn't exist, why not make it yourself...

• Like 1

why not make one yourself then?

dd has a windows port and with a little bit of work so can fdisk...

efi partition can be mounted with a little command.

for installer a sfx could be used which runs a script...

I don't see the problem here.

Linux is even easier...

it's like os x and the fdisk tool can be just recompiled...

gcc too hard to use?

as for package not hard either.

needs some files in a certain way to construct an rpm and deb is also simple.

if it doesn't exist, why not make it yourself...

I am not a programmer. The last time I tried a big project I was using VB6 and it was 2001 on Windows 98. I would love to make it myself, very much so, but I can't. I don't have the programmers mind.

I am not a programmer. The last time I tried a big project I was using VB6 and it was 2001 on Windows 98. I would love to make it myself, very much so, but I can't. I don't have the programmers mind.

I'll look into it when I have the time.

Need to install Linux then.

First I'm looking into another matter, after that I'll check it out...

EDIT

boy, why do not you calm down, first starts to remove that phrase offensive on your interests .... I mean those concerning the mom ... I'm Italian and when I read this interest you've made me throw the ball

You're lucky Andy's such a nice guy.. I wouldn't do it just out of spite because you're disrespectful and out of line. Clover is provided to you for free. Help and support for it is also provided for free. Any contributions you make yourself are for a benefit to the community and you are in no position to make any "ultimatum".

• Like 1

You're lucky Andy's such a nice guy.. I wouldn't do it just out of spite because you're disrespectful and out of line. Clover is provided to you for free. Help and support for it is also provided for free. Any contributions you make yourself are for a benefit to the community and you are in no position to make any "ultimatum".

I understand and respect your position. You are right. I am out of line. I am disrespectful. I probably burned my bridge with you. However I would rather have my named befouled than continue on without the rest of the world benefiting from Clover.

And thank you Andy

@ameris_cyning

Suggestion  - you are really pushing your luck here, for starters I would remove your red text and take a break.

Yes it is all free, you cannot even donate to the Clover Devs, I would always consider it better to be grateful for what you have rather than bemoan that which you do not have.

A simple and profound law of the Universe, as by saying thank you, you might receive more in return..... Dwell on it!

• Like 1

@ameris_cyning

STOP smoking      :hysterical:  :hysterical:   its   a joke LOL :D  :P 

Your proposition today change nothing beetwin you and me

; but I have bit of confuse with your request to slice :blush:

Hi guys,

after  selling my UEFI Mainboard I had no further ambitions to bother myself with current Hackintosh stuff, because my old GA-E7AUM-DS2H Mainboard was running quiet good.

Quiet good means that not everything was working very well. For example my sound is gone after resuming from sleep. According to olegischinski’s post on the GA-E7AUM-DS2H Guide, such problems are things of the past using Clover luckily. After reading this terrific info, I really need some help installing Clover, because it seems that I’m totally unable to do this on my own. :(

Firts of all, I would like to use the Installer to get Clover up and running. :) The GA-E7AUM-DS2H is a older NVIDIA Chipset based Mainboard usig classic (crappy) Bios. I don’t need any other Operating Systems than OSX, so my HDD is GPT/ HFS+formated.

Which installation method do I have to use? Do I have to install Clover to the ESP? If not, do I have to choose boot0af or boot0ss instead? Aren’t theese options only for MBR formated HDDs? And what about "User alternative booting PBR"? Do I need it if I don’t want to use Windows or Linux? Only thing I know ( just because olegischinski instructed it), is that I have to choose "CloverEFI 64Bit BiosBlockIO" because of the NVIDIA SATA Controller.

So you see, I have some huge knowledge gaps. Any help is really appreciated!

*Edit*

Ok, got it up and running. :) There is a simple formula: reading + understanding = success! ;) Thanks to olegischinski for some detailed infos.

Hi guys,

me again. :) After several hours of testing, I'm getting insane! Clover is up and running like I wrote before. Nearly everything seems to work really flawless and very smooth. It's definitively the best Bootloader for my Mainboard.

But, I am still having huge problems logging in into App Store and iCloud because of the "Your Device or Computer Could Not Be Verified. Contact Support for Assistance" message. I've tried every fix I found on the Internet, such like customizing keys "MLB" and "ROM" in "RtVariables", playing with my UUID and so forth, but without any success. :( If I'm using Ermac's Enoch Bootloader everything is fine. By the way, my en0 is a Atheros 9380 which in identified as AirPort Extreme.  

I've uploaded my config.plist and my DSDT, so if there is anybody who could help me to solve this problem, I would be very grateful! 

e60.zip

hello to all

My question is is to introduce in Clover config.plist to start with 2 or more monitors?

Clove off a monitor in your boot screen, and even after the monitor just call back to sleep.

I seem to wake up from sleep transmitter enable framebuffer and Clover does not turn it on start

@Maniac10

Thank you for your fast reply. I've tried to use a valid iMac 10,1 Serial, but without any success. So I've decided to let Clover make the job. Do I really have to use the "SerialNumber" key?

Ok, so I'll try to generate a new one. But I can't understand why the original iMac Serial I dumped from it's iOReg isn't working using Clover. I've used the same one in Enoch and everything was fine. Furthermore, what about the "BoardSerialNumber" key? Do I have to use it as well?

Ok, so I'll try to generate a new one. But I can't understand why the original iMac Serial I dumped from it's iOReg isn't working using Clover. I've used the same one in Enoch and everything was fine. Furthermore, what about the "BoardSerialNumber" key? Do I have to use it as well?

just use clover configurator and generate all smbios details.

1 min job...