Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

BSA v9 kernel performance tests

There is a bug with Clover bootloader and AMD FX 8xxx CPU combo:

System use only one (sometimes two) core with normal boot.

To fix this, you need switch to UEFI boot in clover menu first and then select your system.

No problem with Chameleon.

JA8WWVN.png

jrdRJyr.png

kaaiXtN.png

cI8B0BK.png

• Like 2

Hey guys I am not trying to get help here, I am trying to post a problem with both the new Bronzdoka Kernel and Andy V's latest kernel for 10.9. I boot with both of those kernels, but the same issue prevails.

My sound with my VoodooHDA and USB Sound Card have constantly had a crackling sound, popping and etc. I have tried doing a DSDT for timing issues removing a forced Interrupt request clash with my GPU, but that hasn't helped at all.

My forum on the help page of AMD Further explains the issue HIGH in detail and I haven't found a way around this issue.

If anyone else has had this issue at all and has found a fix to get the sound working. Plz let me know..

I still haven't found if the issue is with the kernel, Graphics Related, Audio related, or anything.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295171-usb-sound-card-and-voodoohda-have-same-problems/

BSA v9 kernel performance tests

There is a bug with Clover bootloader and AMD FX 8xxx CPU combo:

System use only one (sometimes two) core with normal boot.

To fix this, you need switch to UEFI boot in clover menu first and then select your system.

No problem with Chameleon.

JA8WWVN.png

jrdRJyr.png

kaaiXtN.png

cI8B0BK.png

yeah  !!

très belle analyse :)

very nice analysis :)

I tried mach_sinetek and Савва's kernel. They both worked but after several minutes in the system (OSX 10.9.0), the screen is filled with random white lines and squares. Then the system hangs. I'm using HD 6850, ATI RS480, AMD Dune/Sahara CPU 1.6GHz*4. It also can not recognize my memory (DDR2 1GB *4). It says Memory 4GB ??? and your mac has 0 memory installed.  But the system can recognize my graphics card. 

Савва's kernel is slightly better, but still hangs after several minutes. This patch fixed the graphics issue and there's a huge performance increase in rendering.

Geekbench result with mach_sinetek, http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/337761

@Савва Can you share you source diff please? Thanks.

Andy hi , when do you fix icon bug for old cpus?

Ok i will do it myself using sintek sources ...

Okay can somebody test shutdown,reboot features ?

here kernel

Ps: tested by me shutdown work , no icon bug , reboot also work

Hi ..

Tnx to all of you man .. who work for great art in this way to make our AMD could run OSX .. ^__^

and for my rig,  i use from cabba attach,

this my rig:

- AMD Phenom II X4 945

- Gigabyte GA M785GM USH2H

- USB Sound Vtech

- USB Bluetooth (sory I forget details for this dongle.. ^__^...)

- 4 Gig DDR2

- Sata HD 160 seagate

... #sorry for my bad english ..

Hey guys I am not trying to get help here, I am trying to post a problem with both the new Bronzdoka Kernel and Andy V's latest kernel for 10.9. I boot with both of those kernels, but the same issue prevails.

My sound with my VoodooHDA and USB Sound Card have constantly had a crackling sound, popping and etc. I have tried doing a DSDT for timing issues removing a forced Interrupt request clash with my GPU, but that hasn't helped at all.

My forum on the help page of AMD Further explains the issue HIGH in detail and I haven't found a way around this issue.

If anyone else has had this issue at all and has found a fix to get the sound working. Plz let me know..

I still haven't found if the issue is with the kernel, Graphics Related, Audio related, or anything.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295171-usb-sound-card-and-voodoohda-have-same-problems/

You can make the sound settings with midi.app, it is a standard tool from osx, you find this under programmes.:huh:

Hi guys i compiled new kernel with Andy's latest OPEMU changes , so test it.

Also, I wonder how it works on FX CPU's

PS: i remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment blacklisting, cause i use this kext for my cpu, so if you got panics or something you should delete it first from yours kext's.

Don't work on FX

Hi guys i compiled new kernel with Andy's latest OPEMU changes , so test it.

Also, I wonder how it works on FX CPU's

PS: i remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment blacklisting, cause i use this kext for my cpu, so if you got panics or something you should delete it first from yours kext's.

Working fine on 10.9.2!!

It is only kernel sintek for old's CPUS !

Hello Bronya!!

What is wrong with this kernel from Савва?

<<<<zip.gif  mach_kernel.zip

Reboot = working

Shutdown = working

No icon bugs

No pink icons on launchpad

Great work Савва!!! :thumbsup_anim:

I've waiting so long for this connection of Sinetek and Andy kernel, thank you again :) >>>>

Because this is the first kernel which let me reboot my hackintosh. The R8_kernel is let me reboot but graphics glitches and bug back again. And R9_kernel not working at all.

Could you please compile the v6_kernel from Sinetek and R8 from Andy without icon bug and working reboot? ;)

Edited by tragediana150

http://www.insanelym...on-amd/page-238

post :4743   have attachment...   download and unzip, rename it to  "amd"  and paste it to the root directory of  Niresh's Maverick destro. Boot it from destro and use  just "-v" "amd" without quotes, after it load files it will freeze for few mins depends of ur  system. then it will continue with installation.

After installation  make  fast  login to prevent freeze of system (its happens if u are not log in fast).  

it will make post install after ur first login, all works perfect except sound ofc , after post install u have to boot always with "GraphicsEnabler=No" always , other wise u'll get blackscreen but after u boot  all works 1000%

Thnx Bronya for another one great kernel

P.S. its he's 2nd  kernel which fits on APU A series gratz

Screen_Shot_2014_01_14_at_11_01_00.jpg

I tried the latest Савва's kernel. The 3D graphics improved more than your previous kernel. The memory in about this mac is still 4GB ???. I can not use my USB wireless and there's a delay when typing my password on log in screen. I think maybe there're issues in mtrr.c after disabling mtr.

The issue is all kernels, except sinetek's latest kernel compiled from github, keep generating OPEMU:  mov rdi, [rax]

OPEMU:  mov rdi, [rax]

OPEMU:  mov rdi, [rax]

So the kernel_task and syslogd use all of the available cpu. It can still boot though. Restart works on sinetek's and I don't care about this now. My USB wireless works on sinetek's, but the graphics on sinetek's is lag.

However, ALL kernels stop functioning after several minutes. I'll first try to find out why mov rdi, [rax] is invalid opcode.

However, ALL kernels stop functioning after several minutes. I'll first try to find out why mov rdi, [rax] is invalid opcode.

Last 5-6 kernels don't stop functioning after several minutes. In my case they are working perfectly. 3days ago I work on my hack 12hours and I didn't turn off for night so he worked more than all day without freeze or anything.

• Like 1

Is the Final Cut Pro X and iMovie issues with the latest versions kernel related? 

Screenflow, Wirecast, iMovie and many other professional apps tested with BSA V9 kernel and Final Cut looks working too

Very stable kernel and the system only freeze when I plug in my Windows Phone into an USB2 port (or maybe just the Apple trolling)

USB3 works fine

• Like 2