Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

When try to setup element 3d 1.62

doesn't start and says corrupted the same file copied to notebook and starts normally

Element 3D.jpg

11/10/13 4:52:21.721 PM CoreServicesUIAgent[2725]: Error SecAssessmentCreate: The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -67054.)

Video on iMovie is corrupted nearly will to final cut pro as reported before

Screen Shot 2013-11-10 at 4.59.26 PM.png

also illustrator doesn't start with out the trick by deleting some plugins

I tested the FCPX,it's the same as imovie....
  • Like 1

Installation/post-installion support request posts deleted. Post in the appropriate place.

I have a problem with iMovie preview. All time artefacts. Any chance to fix it ? I use iMovie 10.0 and Mavericks with AnV kernel

Test other kernels and see if it is a constant issue.

Video artifacts only seem to appear if you're using newer software versions, they have probably changed video rendering method. Final Cut Pro X 10.0.3 gives no artifacts, as well as the previous version of iMovie, so a temporary solution could be to use older versions.

By the way there are artifacts in the latest iPhoto as well, the photos look blurry.

• Like 2

Finally I've got my GT430 working with full QE/CI :D so thanks to everybody for make that possible ;) Andy - you are the best!! :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Now I am testing how to enable two monitors/displays on my machine with full graphics acceleration. :police:

No artifacts, no glithes. Sometimes Launchpad is pink and sometimes is normal colour.

I think that something is not work out yet - the icons has small black lines on the right sides and I think it has influence with graphics.

Hey i have mavericks working, do we need to use andys system kext and PStates kexts? does it make much difference.

Nope, we don't need to :D It's not working on my machine, but I am trying again. There will be good, when you try it and post your results :)

EDIT: There is no difference

Hi guys, i was talking to a friend of mine about the pink renderer issue and he made the following statement:

pt-Br

Pensando, se a cache foi alterada, pode ser que algum resquício acabou ficando para trás. Como um lixo que quando é inicializado seja rosa. Aí então ele reuna a cache. Talvez esteja faltando um reset em algum lugar. Para limpar a cache antes de usar.

Como se uma variável que deveria ser 0 no inicio. Porém com essa cache a variável não é inicializada pra 0, e sim pra 200. Por que é o lixo inicial da memória, aí então o sistema calcula as cores começando com 200 ao invés vez de 0, o que ocasiona um deslocamento nas cores até ficar rosa. (risos).

Alternative translation i've made:

If the cache has changed, it may be that some parts of the code need to be updated too. As a garbage and when it starts it is pink. By then the system reunite the cache. Maybe missing a reset somewhere. To clear the cache before using.

It can be also a lack of some variable or wrong value set that should be 0 at the beginning. But with this cache variable it is not initialised  as 0, but 200 lets say. Because it is the garbage initial memory, then the system calculates the colors starting with 200 instead instead of 0, which causes a shift in color that's why it becomes pink. (laughs).

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

This might be a stupid post

Anyways, tried it on my Haswell machine purely for the {censored} and giggles.

I noticed the spinner (on the boot screen with the Apple logo) went super fast. Nothing happened after a few minutes, so I rebooted with -v

It got all the way to Bluetooth successful (right before it hits the desktop) and stays there.

This might be a hint:

it threw off a few AppleSMC errors (standard malformed errors)

/No I am not asking for support. I am just giving you an FYI.

• Like 2

a lot of my posts were moved to threads that had nothing to do with what I said. Such as wondering if the radeon R9 would work on mavericks, is in the geekbench scores thread.

You are right, just put it back at where it was. Tell me about the other incorrectly moved posts, i'll check it out. Notice that if and every time it's not quite clear it's a testing-related post, it will be at my discretion to decide to move it or not the post, or even to delete it, and any complaints should be made via P.M., otherwise they'll be deleted. Counting on you to help me keeping this topic without "noise".

Since i'm quoting you and it's off-topic subject, i'll delete your post.

All the best!

• Like 1

Video artifacts only seem to appear if you're using newer software versions, they have probably changed video rendering method. Final Cut Pro X 10.0.3 gives no artifacts, as well as the previous version of iMovie, so a temporary solution could be to use older versions.

By the way there are artifacts in the latest iPhoto as well, the photos look blurry.

Good solution. I think that problem is 64 bit...

Some times (such as wake from screensaver or run some software that needs lots of CPU or GPU) become very lagging, and the "kernel_task" process takes up a large amount of CPU. I do not know why. :( . My CPU is Athlon x64 7450, GPU is HD 6450, and use the RC7 kernel.

Soon full diff!

When can we have it?

I'd like to combine my useful additions with your diff to create a great kernel.

@others: can anybody get me the AMD kernel developers guide for 21h family (Bulldozer/Piledriver) CPUs? I still need to fix PM module.

• Like 2