Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

I will try to explain in good FranAnglais google translation, it can interresser some member even though the heart is no longer there.

a simple way to set CPU FSB frequency, assume that this is not a cosmetic.

chameleon works well on Intel but AMD is quite risky. With Clover, we have the possibility to set three values ​​FSB / CPU frequency / ratio and turbo multiplier, I have no feeling on my performance FX CPU but maybe on old AMD CPU we note a difference in config. plist, we can write these values.

I C6state reactivated and given the CPB values ​​and CORE CPU default auto mode (2800/3800) Pildriver. No audio synchronization is noted (VoodooHDA 2.8.4) J'utilse Bronya RC7 kernel patch fix Sinetek video.

with chameleon 2252

723415chameleon.png

with Clover 1663

375605clover.png

F/R/FSB is correct 

Paralleles w7

514978Capturedcran20131112173000.png

</dict>
<key>CPU</key>
<dict>
<key>Turbo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>ProcessorType</key>
<string>0x15</strig>
<key>CpuFrequencyMHz</key>
<string>2800</string>
<key>BusSpeedKHz</key>
<string>200000</string>
<key>QPI</key>
<string></string>
</dict>

If the problem persists, it may be an option to set the clock problems in this case cool n'Quiet and C1E are no longer took care of setting the CPU frequency and CPB

648035Capturedcran20131112184411.png

Edited by gils83
  • Like 2

Ok, with Bronya RC7 and a modded Myhack I have this running

on my very OLD Gateway GT5418E ... which I had originally run Leopard and Snow on...and still do...haha

Now running with Chameleon 2266, minimal boot flags...  still only using -x -npci = 2x000 and injecting the video

for the 9400GT  - I pulled all the nvidia drivers out of S/L/E.

waiting for a better kernel, but guys this is major progress.... 

Video is glitchy, no audio just yet...

post-749905-0-06807700-1384294828_thumb.png

hi

can anyone here write script contains

dev > /dev/null

and make it runs with the start of system ?

You should be able to do such thing with Automator and set the app to run at login time. Is that what you need?

You should be able to do such thing with Automator and set the app to run at login time. Is that what you need?

what i want

is to run usr/bin/yes

with this  yes > /dev/null

and this occurs early as possible as before even login to user

don't know if automator can do this and how ?

thanks

what i want

is to run usr/bin/yes

with this  yes > /dev/null

and this occurs early as possible as before even login to user

don't know if automator can do this and how ?

thanks

If you need it to be run before login you need a kext maybe, i don't know but as far as i know Automator can't perform this kind of action... :(

or implanted to kernel 

hope one of developers here help me on this :(

Take a look at it http://superuser.com/a/245723 it seems that you can do it without the need of a kext, you just need to create a script file and follow the instructions provided in that link. Hope it helps :)

UPDATE: it seems that this guy http://powercycled.wordpress.com/2012/04/25/spoof-mac-address-from-boot-using-launchd/ have a better solution for it, and it's more instructive article, you just need to replace the parts where he talks about MAC address and put your specific script information instead. :)

• Like 1

Take a look at it http://superuser.com/a/245723 it seems that you can do it without the need of a kext, you just need to create a script file and follow the instructions provided in that link. Hope it helps :)

UPDATE: it seems that this guy http://powercycled.wordpress.com/2012/04/25/spoof-mac-address-from-boot-using-launchd/ have a better solution for it, and it's more instructive article, you just need to replace the parts where he talks about MAC address and put your specific script information instead. :)

already done  i gone directly to wordpress  guide

and did that

the plist have some thing wrong edited it with Xcode to work

and command now load with loading osx 

Good kernel.

But there are two fatal error.

1.Chrome does not work, certificate error.

2.QuickTime Player MP4 mosaic.

To fix?

Please ask in help & support. Chrome has been working with almost everyone, and I HIGHLY doubt a certificate error is to do with the kernel.

When can we have it?

I'd like to combine my useful additions with your diff to create a great kernel.

@others: can anybody get me the AMD kernel developers guide for 21h family (Bulldozer/Piledriver) CPUs? I still need to fix PM module.

Hi ! i from work ... now go to home ! 

Wait for files.diff .)

• Like 1

@AnV

@Bronya

Hi ! i from work ... now go to home ! 

Wait for files.diff .)

You can access our (and Apple's) work at this repo,

https://github.com/sinetek/xnu

the relevant branch is 10.8.5. Mavericks is not up yet, i'm working on another xnu project now.

feel free to fork it and add stuff.

I was thinking about how we could add an 'amd expert'.. ->  Reset fix, Andy's power management stuff, and possibly other things as well like npci fixes and such.. All of this runs inside the IOKit and could be a single KEXT OR, i would find it really convenient to have all that {censored} integrated inside the kernel ala Linux. Just-bring-your-own-XNU-and-play kinda thing.

other than that, the benefits would be to consolidate everything instead of working with random ZIP's like we do now.

I revised the opemu a bit and cleaned some of it.  Sysenter can only be run in Ring0, makes no sense to have it in utrap. Also No need to memcpy() the offending code in kernel mode, just dereference that sucker. I Added an invalid MSR catcher (again only Ring0).

Nothing earth-shattering, but i like the cleanliness of this patchset compared to the goo of a diff going around.

On another subject, we have iCloud and so on failing pretty consistently on Hackintoshes across the world.
Thinking about this, I found out the Kernel has an LC_UUID section inside the mach headers which holds a different value each time you compile a kernel. Whether this makes any difference communicating with iCloud I can't confirm at the moment.

By the way, did you guys know that you can boot via the network by HTTP or NFS?? The kernel has some pretty sweet networking rootfs code. That could be added to the AMD expert, a default address and file, so technically you could install by just having a web server around..

• Like 9

@AnV

@Bronya

You can access our (and Apple's) work at this repo,

https://github.com/sinetek/xnu

the relevant branch is 10.8.5. Mavericks is not up yet, i'm working on another xnu project now.

feel free to fork it and add stuff.

I was thinking about how we could add an 'amd expert'.. ->  Reset fix, Andy's power management stuff, and possibly other things as well like npci fixes and such.. All of this runs inside the IOKit and could be a single KEXT OR, i would find it really convenient to have all that {censored} integrated inside the kernel ala Linux. Just-bring-your-own-XNU-and-play kinda thing.

other than that, the benefits would be to consolidate everything instead of working with random ZIP's like we do now.

I revised the opemu a bit and cleaned some of it.  Sysenter can only be run in Ring0, makes no sense to have it in utrap. Also No need to memcpy() the offending code in kernel mode, just dereference that sucker. I Added an invalid MSR catcher (again only Ring0).

Nothing earth-shattering, but i like the cleanliness of this patchset compared to the goo of a diff going around.

On another subject, we have iCloud and so on failing pretty consistently on Hackintoshes across the world.

Thinking about this, I found out the Kernel has an LC_UUID section inside the mach headers which holds a different value each time you compile a kernel. Whether this makes any difference communicating with iCloud I can't confirm at the moment.

By the way, did you guys know that you can boot via the network by HTTP or NFS?? The kernel has some pretty sweet networking rootfs code. That could be added to the AMD expert, a default address and file, so technically you could install by just having a web server around..

I like the idea of making a driver set supplement for AMD.

I know it can boot via net (BSD style netboot like).

The idea for iCloud: I'm quite adept at making an app that can auto-mod the LC_UUID (I allready have one made for removing code signatures).

We could give it a go...

The idea of a git repo: good... if we where to perfect the code fully, it would be easy to contribute this way.

Also it would encourage others to join the project... :D

EDIT: Hmm... no code when I clone the git...

post-100023-0-13381600-1384357700_thumb.png

• Like 3

I created mach_10.9_rc7_fix ! 

And include file.diff in archive !

1) fix cpuid and correct cache .

2) i modified mtrr.c and working without artifacts - for me interested ! You see in file.diff ! :)

3) deleted pci.c ,pmtimer.c, and added from AnV rtclock.c .

4) deleted flag amdtlbfix - because it is on old amd cpu after loading kexts in black screen ...

5) I don't added PM pack . 

• Like 9

2) i modified mtrr.c and working without artifacts - for me interested ! You see in file.diff ! :)
4) deleted flag amdtlbfix - because it is on old amd cpu after loading kexts in black screen ...

thank you Bronya!!!! :)

• Like 1

without artifacts

do you mean  shadows & pink icons ?

they are still here 

Good

Kernel       : Darwin Kernel Version 13.0.0: среда, 13 ноября 2013 г. 20:40:55 (MSK)

Model ID     : iMac12,1 KernelMode: x86_64
CPU TYPE     : AMD Athlon 7750 Dual-Core Processor
CPU ID       : Ox100F23 (1052451) 
Cores        : 2 Cores, 2 Threads @ 2712MHz Bus: 200MHz FSB: 800MHz
Caches       : L1i:64Kb L1d:64Kb L2:512Kb L3:2048Kb
CPU Features : FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 HTT SSE3 MON SSSE3 CX16 POPCNT SYSCALL XD 1GBPAGE EM64T LAHF RDTSCP TSCI 
RAM          : 4096Mb HibernateMode: 0
SwapUsage    : total = 1024.00M  used = 0.00M  free = 1024.00M  (encrypted)

post-1245749-0-79043300-1384365104_thumb.png
  • Like 1

kext utility after, did not add -f into the system, and the keyboard & mouse failure.

Unfortunately, kernel panic on FX CPU